Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
I honestly think the Pens would be good with that move. Hallander and a first is a lot with the other pieces, but worth that package.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:27 p.m.
Quoting: Nights_King93
I honestly think the Pens would be good with that move. Hallander and a first is a lot with the other pieces, but worth that package.

I figure it's basically Hallander and a first for Zucker. Donato for Bjugstad, and the pick swap is the Pens letting the Wild move up one round for taking Bjugstad's contract off their hands.
OldNYIfan and Nights_King93 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:28 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Okay, before anyone has a chance to say anything negative, I'll get out there with you and say I like everything you've done here. I might quibble about some of the trades (in a very minor sense), but all of them are well-conceived. Congratulations!

Which means nothing more than you're as dumb as I am.
BLIvingston33 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.
Quoting: BLIvingston33
I figure it's basically Hallander and a first for Zucker. Donato for Bjugstad, and the pick swap is the Pens letting the Wild move up one round for taking Bjugstad's contract off their hands.

Yeah.. I mean. At the end of the day Pittsburgh has to trade picks or prospects to make deals.

A lot of Pens fans don't want to give up two of
1) This year's first
2) Addison
3) Poulin
4) Legare
5) Hallander
6) POJ

But you have to give to receive.
At the end of the day they can try to shop Galchenyuk, Simon, Bjugstad, and Schultz. If you find the right takers you could at least get a couple of seconds back. The Pens have unique flexibility this year and it is nearing the end for the elite stage of 87 and 71. Time to get creative for sure!
OldNYIfan and BLIvingston33 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
Carolina will straight up laugh. A 1st and Bokk? Thats more than Faulk got, and Faulk > Brodin
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:49 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
Carolina will straight up laugh. A 1st and Bokk? Thats more than Faulk got, and Faulk > Brodin

Say Edmundson re-signs, what do you want for him? If you say he's worth a second then you're talking about almost the same value in those two trades. And Brodin is better defensively than Faulk and isn't a rental.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:50 p.m.

So wrong, Brodin is so much more reliable than Faulk ever was or will be
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
Hartman is a NHL player, Bracco isn't and probably never will be. Anas and Mayhew as good or better than Bracco.
Greenway is currently better than Poolparty, that might change in the future, but I'd keep the better player now.
Bjugstad isn't needed and is made of glass. Rask/Strum can be the bottom-6 centers next year with similar results.
Bokk needs at least a season in the AHL.
Rossi isn't a guy I'd rush to get in the NHL. Let him play another year in Jrs. I'm not even sure if he should be a center in the NHL.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
Hartman is a NHL player, Bracco isn't and probably never will be. Anas and Mayhew as good or better than Bracco.
Greenway is currently better than Poolparty, that might change in the future, but I'd keep the better player now.
Bjugstad isn't needed and is made of glass. Rask/Strum can be the bottom-6 centers next year with similar results.
Bokk needs at least a season in the AHL.
Rossi isn't a guy I'd rush to get in the NHL. Let him play another year in Jrs. I'm not even sure if he should be a center in the NHL.

Gotta move out wingers at some point, Hartman can be sacrificed for a guy that can play in the AHL if needed.
Greenway is the same situation and seems to really need a change of scenery since he can't move up the Wild lineup with the amount of wingers. I'll take the guy with the higher potential in Puljujarvi.
Taking Bjugstad gets a bit more back from the Pens in a Zucker deal, just buyout Rask. He's a stopgap until the next season anyway, you can give him a shot with no risk.
Disagree with Bokk, he's already playing pro now.
Rossi is just a name, could be Byfield if we get lucky, could be Stutzle, could be Perfetti. If the guy we draft isn't NHL ready then move up Ek and give Sturm a shot. I don't buy Sturm as an NHL centre either.
In the end, you gotta make moves and can't just sit on the current roster with Kaprizov and think anything changes.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 7:41 p.m.
Gotta move out wingers at some point, Hartman can be sacrificed for a guy that can play in the AHL if needed.
Greenway is the same situation and seems to really need a change of scenery since he can't move up the Wild lineup with the amount of wingers. I'll take the guy with the higher potential in Puljujarvi.
Taking Bjugstad gets a bit more back from the Pens in a Zucker deal, just buyout Rask. He's a stopgap until the next season anyway, you can give him a shot with no risk.
Disagree with Bokk, he's already playing pro now.
Rossi is just a name, could be Byfield if we get lucky, could be Stutzle, could be Perfetti. If the guy we draft isn't NHL ready then move up Ek and give Sturm a shot. I don't buy Sturm as an NHL centre either.
In the end, you gotta make moves and can't just sit on the current roster with Kaprizov and think anything changes.

The thing is you're just reshuffling the deck with the wings, not really moving any out.
Hartman is the ideal 4th liner. You don't trade that for an AHL player that isn't needed.
Buying out Rask is a bad move. He's fine as a bottom-6 center, just overpayed. But a buyout and then filling the position elsewhere is a cap neutral move at best.
At worst Greenway is Foligno's replacement in the future. A guy that can chip in 10g/10a year, while being a pain to play against. Poolparty is an "all the tools and no tool box guy".
Bokk is playing in the SHL and not really lighting it on fire. The AHL is a step up from the SHL and it will give him time to get used to the smaller ice. Let him tear up the AHL for a season and use him as a callup.

Smart moves need to be made, not moves to make moves. I'm fine with selling off Donato, Zucker, Hunt/Pateryn, Brodin/Dumba, and Foligno but it needs to be fore something they need: top wing, top-6 center, and a goalie.

This is the core to build around for the next 5 years:
Boldy/JEE/Kunin (one of Greenway, Donato, Zucker is a placeholder for Boldy until he's ready)
Fiala/???/Kaprizov
Parise/???/Zucc (because we're stuck with them)

Suter/Spurgeon (because we're suck with them)
Brodin/Dumba (keep 1/trade 1)

goalie (we have a couple decent ones in the system, but most goalies are either boom or bust).
BLIvingston33 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 7:55 p.m.
The thing is you're just reshuffling the deck with the wings, not really moving any out.
Hartman is the ideal 4th liner. You don't trade that for an AHL player that isn't needed.
Buying out Rask is a bad move. He's fine as a bottom-6 center, just overpayed. But a buyout and then filling the position elsewhere is a cap neutral move at best.
At worst Greenway is Foligno's replacement in the future. A guy that can chip in 10g/10a year, while being a pain to play against. Poolparty is an "all the tools and no tool box guy".
Bokk is playing in the SHL and not really lighting it on fire. The AHL is a step up from the SHL and it will give him time to get used to the smaller ice. Let him tear up the AHL for a season and use him as a callup.

Smart moves need to be made, not moves to make moves. I'm fine with selling off Donato, Zucker, Hunt/Pateryn, Brodin/Dumba, and Foligno but it needs to be fore something they need: top wing, top-6 center, and a goalie.

This is the core to build around for the next 5 years:
Boldy/JEE/Kunin (one of Greenway, Donato, Zucker is a placeholder for Boldy until he's ready)
Fiala/???/Kaprizov
Parise/???/Zucc (because we're stuck with them)

Suter/Spurgeon (because we're suck with them)
Brodin/Dumba (keep 1/trade 1)

goalie (we have a couple decent ones in the system, but most goalies are either boom or bust).

That core is likely if no moves are made but they're gonna be made regardless. You're gonna get a pick and prospect back for Zucker and Brodin no matter what. I'd rather just re-sign Foligno and get rid of Greenway. Greenway should be better than he is and someone is gonna pay us for him.

In my scenario you're looking at a future roster/core of:
Boldy-2020 1st-Kaprizov
Fiala-Khovanov-Bokk
Parise-Hallander-Zucc
Foligno-Ek-Kunin

Suter-Spurgeon
Soucy-Dumba
???-???

Kahkonen/Robson
UFA backup

Puljujarvi being a complete wildcard with the potential to take a spot? Give him a shot.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
That core is likely if no moves are made but they're gonna be made regardless. You're gonna get a pick and prospect back for Zucker and Brodin no matter what. I'd rather just re-sign Foligno and get rid of Greenway. Greenway should be better than he is and someone is gonna pay us for him.

Boldy-2020 1st-Kaprizov
Fiala-Khovanov-Bokk
Parise-Hallander-Zucc
Foligno-Ek-Kunin

Suter-Spurgeon
Soucy-Dumba
???-???

Kahkonen/Robson
UFA backup

Puljujarvi being a complete wildcard with the potential to take a spot? Give him a shot.

JEE will be the top-6C, not the 4C.
Kaprizov/JEE/Kunin - a better Zucker/Koivu/Granny line, or a lesser-Bergeron line.
Boldy/???/Fiala -find an offensive center Haula (UFA) or RNH (UFA) would be the low end of want, Zibby would be ideal. Get Necas or Nylander for Dumba could work out great, but it's a hard sell to the other teams.
Parise/???/Zucc (stuck with them, o-zone 3rd line, Donato/Rask as the placeholder center here, but not ideal)
Greenway/Strum?/Hartman (high end all purpose 4th line).

The d-corps should be fine for the foreseeable future.
I'd do Poolparty for Donato or Poolparty+35oa (valuewise) for Zucker and take a chance it works out, but I think EDM would win either of those trades in the long run.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 9:05 p.m.
MNBassman

Boldy-2020 1st-Kaprizov
Fiala-Khovanov-Bokk
Parise-Hallander-Zucc
Foligno-Ek-Kunin

Suter-Spurgeon
Soucy-Dumba
???-???

Kahkonen/Robson
UFA backup

Swap your 3rd and 4th lines and it makes more sense. Damm that’s an expensive 4th line...
Jan. 23, 2020 at 9:09 p.m.
Quoting: MNBassman
Swap your 3rd and 4th lines and it makes more sense. Damm that’s an expensive 4th line...

Getting close to decent buy-out territory on Parise in about 3 seasons, could probably pull the trigger after 2022 season if there's a lot of cap space available. Zucc is a lot easier to move and would probably waive for more minutes somewhere.
MNBassman liked this.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 9:36 p.m.
Getting close to decent buy-out territory on Parise in about 3 seasons, could probably pull the trigger after 2022 season if there's a lot of cap space available. Zucc is a lot easier to move and would probably waive for more minutes somewhere.

Parise in the pressbox is will cost less than buyout. You won't even save the league min on him the last 2 years of his deal and then adds more years of a small dead cap.

He's also an easy LTIR candidate with his injury history.
MNBassman liked this.
Jan. 23, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Parise in the pressbox is will cost less than buyout. You won't even save the league min on him the last 2 years of his deal and then adds more years of a small dead cap.

He's also an easy LTIR candidate with his injury history.

When you have probably $15 million in cap space you can afford to let the guy play for a cup by buying him out, he won't be bad enough at that point to be scratching him, he'll just need to be replaced on this specific roster assuming Boldy etc. work out. The $400,000 the 4 years afterwards is not any sort of issue.
Jan. 24, 2020 at 3:12 p.m.
Quoting: Boomer125
So wrong, Brodin is so much more reliable than Faulk ever was or will be

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA niec joke, Brodin doesn't do the offensive scoring Faulk does, which instantly makes him more valuable. As much as we can disagree if this is right or wrong, OFD is more valuable than DFD
Jan. 24, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Say Edmundson re-signs, what do you want for him? If you say he's worth a second then you're talking about almost the same value in those two trades. And Brodin is better defensively than Faulk and isn't a rental.

You can have Eddy for free, the dude has been..... great. A second sounds nice on second thought grin

Faulk is an OFD, OFD's are more valuable than DFD's, even if Brodin has the extra year
Jan. 25, 2020 at 1:21 a.m.
You can have Eddy for free, the dude has been..... great. A second sounds nice on second thought grin

Faulk is an OFD, OFD's are more valuable than DFD's, even if Brodin has the extra year

They get more money yes, they are less valuable to a team overall though. Look at Toronto’s situation...plenty of offensive d-men and nobody to keep the puck out of their own net, costs them plenty of games.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll