Forums/Armchair-GM

Team Trade Bait

Created by: SankFeravalli
Team: 2019-20 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 24, 2020
Published: Jan. 24, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
From Servalli’s list - https://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-eyes-on-montreal-canadiens-as-nhl-trade-deadline-day-nears-1.1430732
I also added Lias Andersson given his public trade request, and David Backes given his recent demotion to the AHL.
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$65,734,166$0$982,500$15,765,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$350,000$350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,437,500$2,437,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$1,635,000$1,635,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 24, 2020 at 8:43 a.m.
Go Bruins Go
Kreider-traded
Pageau- Traded
Toffoli-Traded
Kovalchuk-stays
Athanasiou-stays
Smith-traded
Galchenyuk-stays
Turris-traded
Anderson-stays
Andersson-traded
Backes-stays
Donato-stays
Gostisbhere-stays
Petry-stays
Martinez-traded
Vatanen-traded
Dillon-traded
Scandella-stays
Hainsey-stays
Lehner-stays
Georgiev-traded
Jan. 24, 2020 at 9:24 a.m.
Why is Georgiev on the trade block.. Couldn't the rangers just keep all 3 goalies until Hank's contract is over next season? They have the cap space to do so and then they'd arguably the best tandem in the league
Jan. 24, 2020 at 9:26 a.m.
Quoting: BruinsWillWin2020
Kreider-traded
Pageau- Traded
Toffoli-Traded
Kovalchuk-stays
Athanasiou-stays
Smith-traded
Galchenyuk-stays
Turris-traded
Anderson-stays
Andersson-traded
Backes-stays
Donato-stays
Gostisbhere-stays
Petry-stays
Martinez-traded
Vatanen-traded
Dillon-traded
Scandella-stays
Hainsey-stays
Lehner-stays
Georgiev-traded

Kovy stays? In what world would he stay? He is the quintessential rental player and he's cheap. He's literally one of the most likely to be traded.
Jan. 24, 2020 at 9:31 a.m.
Banned
is PHL trading gritty after his arrest? Did they let him out of jail yet?
SankFeravalli liked this.
Jan. 24, 2020 at 9:52 a.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan23
Why is Georgiev on the trade block.. Couldn't the rangers just keep all 3 goalies until Hank's contract is over next season? They have the cap space to do so and then they'd arguably the best tandem in the league

Keep 3 goalies is difficult for multiple reasons. Hard to play all of them as much as they want, practice rotations are a bit of a nightmare, but the biggest is you are limited with the depth you can have due to injury. Rangers have a cap crunch next year and Georgiev is an RFA. Since he's the GREATEST GOALIE EVER TO LIVE, he's obviously going to want a raise, meaning they will be tying up more than 10 million (probably closer to 12) into goaltending. They still have to resign DeAngelo, Lemieux and potentially Strome as well as Georgiev. He's the obvious move to make because they aren't moving Lundqvist.

However they appear to have send Sherterkin down yesterday, but that might just be for some AHL reps during their break (or even to play in the all-star game).
Jan. 24, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Go Bruins Go
Quoting: F50marco
Kovy stays? In what world would he stay? He is the quintessential rental player and he's cheap. He's literally one of the most likely to be traded.

I think Montrèal wants to keep Kovy. 8 points in 8 games. He has been a nice addition. Sure, maybe they move him but it’s going to be for a high price. I think they ask for a 2nd and no one probably gives one up. Also add in the Bergevin factor in reluctantness not to do trades unless he gets his price
Jan. 24, 2020 at 10:08 a.m.
I think Montrèal wants to keep Kovy. 8 points in 8 games. He has been a nice addition. Sure, maybe they move him but it’s going to be for a high price. I think they ask for a 2nd and no one probably gives one up. Also add in the Bergevin factor in reluctantness not to do trades unless he gets his price

I think MB has been guilty of being reluctant to trade prospects and low picks to get better now aside from the Drouin trade but trading vets in a season where they are not making the playoffs has been his M.O. actually. Habs would love to keep Kovy if they were closer in the hunt of making the playoffs but they are simply too far out.

I don't think a GM in the league thinks "if I don't get my asking price on a pending UFA, i just won't trade him." That literally makes no sense. Its like Kovy is guaranteed to resign with the Habs in the off season anyway so it would be a colossal error on MB's part. He can be called out for a certain number of things but NOT trading pending UFA's is not one of them.
Jan. 24, 2020 at 10:15 a.m.
Go Bruins Go
Quoting: F50marco
I think MB has been guilty of being reluctant to trade prospects and low picks to get better now aside from the Drouin trade but trading vets in a season where they are not making the playoffs has been his M.O. actually. Habs would love to keep Kovy if they were closer in the hunt of making the playoffs but they are simply too far out.

I don't think a GM in the league thinks "if I don't get my asking price on a pending UFA, i just won't trade him." That literally makes no sense. Its like Kovy is guaranteed to resign with the Habs in the off season anyway so it would be a colossal error on MB's part. He can be called out for a certain number of things but NOT trading pending UFA's is not one of them.

And I get that. I think he trades Nick Cousins. Totally. Nate Thompson? Sure. Scandella could be a maybe, but I’m leaning towards not likely. I just don’t see why you would get a guy, then two months later trade him. I mean, yeah if he has a poor performance, sure totally. But Scandellas logged a good bit of time and Kovy has been showing up. I possibly could see a trade but not really.
Jan. 24, 2020 at 10:26 a.m.
And I get that. I think he trades Nick Cousins. Totally. Nate Thompson? Sure. Scandella could be a maybe, but I’m leaning towards not likely. I just don’t see why you would get a guy, then two months later trade him. I mean, yeah if he has a poor performance, sure totally. But Scandellas logged a good bit of time and Kovy has been showing up. I possibly could see a trade but not really.

When the trade happened for Scandella, the Habs were within striking distance of a playoff spot but downward spiraling fast. Scandella, Kovy were added to hopefully stop the bleeding and it has to a small extent but the gap is too astronomical to make a honest push at this point. If ownership is smart, they'll give the mandate to MB to sell their pending UFA's off this year. If the Habs are banking on a 37 year old Kovalchuk next year, they deserve to be folded as a franchise IMHO....

Cousins is an RFA so there isn't a rush to move him but if the value is there, they have to take it. Scandella/Thompson/Kovy are all pending UFA's, over the age of 30 on a team that's trending downwards and in need of better quality players at every position. If they can't be traded for anything and they show a desire to come back next year, than by all means keep them but if there are teams calling about them, MB would have no choice but to move them. It'll all come down to if there teams interested in those players enough to give a draft pick away for them. Kovy definitely has the interest. The other two are not locks to be traded although they could help a team with depth for the playoffs.

Petry and Tatar I can at least see the value in the Habs keeping them but a smart GM would know when its time to sell high and reap the benefits. They are less liekly to be traded though.
BruinsWillWin2020 liked this.
Jan. 24, 2020 at 12:09 p.m.
Quoting: newballcoach
Keep 3 goalies is difficult for multiple reasons. Hard to play all of them as much as they want, practice rotations are a bit of a nightmare, but the biggest is you are limited with the depth you can have due to injury. Rangers have a cap crunch next year and Georgiev is an RFA. Since he's the GREATEST GOALIE EVER TO LIVE, he's obviously going to want a raise, meaning they will be tying up more than 10 million (probably closer to 12) into goaltending. They still have to resign DeAngelo, Lemieux and potentially Strome as well as Georgiev. He's the obvious move to make because they aren't moving Lundqvist.

However they appear to have send Sherterkin down yesterday, but that might just be for some AHL reps during their break (or even to play in the all-star game).

Rangers right now have 16+ mil in cap space next season. Plus the salary cap increase next year, they have more than enough money to sign everyone. Just let Hank sit, who cares. Sometimes you have to be ruthless and say what have you done for me lately
BruinsWillWin2020 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll