Forums/Armchair-GM

Playoff team

Created by: JeffW
Team: 2019-20 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 25, 2020
Published: Jan. 25, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So I feel like the avs have the skill to score in the playoffs, the defense is looking good, they have the size and grit, but I would like to see them add coleman to play on the PK and absolutely crush guys, maybe add in some offensive upside.. take some of the physically of the shoulders of zadorov, landy, and kadri
Trades
NJD
  1. Bowers, Shane
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (COL)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,059,761$0$3,532,500$6,440,239
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 4
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$735,000$735,000
LD
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RD
UFA - 2
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 2
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,450,000$1,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
RFA - 1
$1,975,000$1,975,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 25, 2020 at 11:22 a.m.
Deal might work valuewise but I doubt NJD accepts this trade. They have Hughes, Hischier, Zacha as centers, received two centers in the Hall trade. Don't think they will add another center.

Think Coleman would be a good add though
Jan. 25, 2020 at 11:43 a.m.
Edited Jan. 25, 2020 at 12:19 p.m.
That is a ridiculous overpayment, getting Coleman is a target hut context of his season, he’s 2nd In ice time for the devils, they play him a ridiculous amount. He’s going to be what 6th or 7th in I’ve time on the avs. If you want a 3rd liner who pks...just look at nieto bc that’s the exactly minutes and role he’s taking
Jan. 25, 2020 at 1:32 p.m.
Quoting: coga16
That is a ridiculous overpayment, getting Coleman is a target hut context of his season, he’s 2nd In ice time for the devils, they play him a ridiculous amount. He’s going to be what 6th or 7th in I’ve time on the avs. If you want a 3rd liner who pks...just look at nieto bc that’s the exactly minutes and role he’s taking

Neito is garbage, hes been even worse this year, he basically retired after the first 15 games... normally I would agree that bowers is worth more but he doesnt fit in the avs future, with all the injuries this year he didnt get called up. Hes behind guys like megna, tynan, oconnor, dries, and in a year or 2 newhook..
The reason I overpaid is because coleman is getting a ton of attention, if you swapped him with neito, good.. coleman can finish, hit, and pk... neito can kind of pk
Jan. 25, 2020 at 1:41 p.m.
Thats a lot to give up for Coleman imo
coga16 liked this.
Jan. 25, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Quoting: JeffW
Neito is garbage, hes been even worse this year, he basically retired after the first 15 games... normally I would agree that bowers is worth more but he doesnt fit in the avs future, with all the injuries this year he didnt get called up. Hes behind guys like megna, tynan, oconnor, dries, and in a year or 2 newhook..
The reason I overpaid is because coleman is getting a ton of attention, if you swapped him with neito, good.. coleman can finish, hit, and pk... neito can kind of pk

I think Bowers fits pretty well on the Avs next year. He had a slow start but has been a point per game player for the last little while in the AHL. I think if we move on from Jost and upgrade him to a top 6 winger via trade then Bowers can play 3C as soon as next season. Even if he doesnt become a full time NHLer next year his ELC also lines up nicely for the cap crunch when we have to sign Grubauer, Makar, and Landeskog. Plus If Compher is taken in the expansion draft I think Bowers can fill that role nicely
Jan. 25, 2020 at 2:40 p.m.
Edited Jan. 25, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.

Bowers absolutely fits the Avs future, what are you talking about? Bowers was injured when the injury bug was going around. Even now he is being moved over to the wing in the AHL to get ready for an NHL call up

Seriously man I think you have a little tunnel vision here bc you want Coleman bad and projecting him onto the Avs but ignoring what he would be like on this team. Which is just another Bottom 6 guy that is like NIeto, Compher etc.
Jan. 25, 2020 at 4:49 p.m.
Bowers absolutely fits the Avs future, what are you talking about? Bowers was injured when the injury bug was going around. Even now he is being moved over to the wing in the AHL to get ready for an NHL call up

Seriously man I think you have a little tunnel vision here bc you want Coleman bad and projecting him onto the Avs but ignoring what he would be like on this team. Which is just another Bottom 6 guy that is like NIeto, Compher etc.

Okay well swap bowers out with another prospect.. but coleman could absolutely help this team, even in a 3rd line role, playoffs are physical and for having a team that's as tough on paper as this one they sure have been pushed around a bit this season... coleman seems to have drawn a ton of interest so you may have to overpay a bit in order to get him.. and for a person that is quick to shoot down almost every idea on this site, why dont you make a ACGM yourself with your own ideas? Your last one was in aug 2019
Jan. 25, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.
Okay well swap bowers out with another prospect.. but coleman could absolutely help this team, even in a 3rd line role, playoffs are physical and for having a team that's as tough on paper as this one they sure have been pushed around a bit this season... coleman seems to have drawn a ton of interest so you may have to overpay a bit in order to get him.. and for a person that is quick to shoot down almost every idea on this site, why dont you make a ACGM yourself with your own ideas? Your last one was in aug 2019

Coleman as a target is fine, like I said, but 3rd line parts are not going to be what takes that avs deeper into the playoffs. Why burn assets that way, Nashville did it for years and look at how that strategy failed. Got them no where.

If you want the Avs to have a deeper 3rd line, you push talent down the line up, not slightly upgrading a 3rd liner for a 3rd liner. Getting a true 2nd line Winger which puts Donskoi down to a 3rd line is how you build up that issue. Not a guy like Coleman who really is just a Nieto type player.

Ive said my peace with Avs need to get a Kreider at the price of a. Jost and a 2nd as what they should do. Whats the point of making a roster of the moves I have already discussed at lengths end already, its been talked about to death. Its just a waste of a roster bc it offers no value to conversations on this site bc its already talked about to death

And no I am not quick to shoot down ideas, you just really take it personally when people dont like your ideas, especially when it comes to the Avs, you have very strong opinions on some Avs players, to the point you make it personal slandering them instead of talking about the objectively.
Jan. 25, 2020 at 7:54 p.m.
Coleman as a target is fine, like I said, but 3rd line parts are not going to be what takes that avs deeper into the playoffs. Why burn assets that way, Nashville did it for years and look at how that strategy failed. Got them no where.

If you want the Avs to have a deeper 3rd line, you push talent down the line up, not slightly upgrading a 3rd liner for a 3rd liner. Getting a true 2nd line Winger which puts Donskoi down to a 3rd line is how you build up that issue. Not a guy like Coleman who really is just a Nieto type player.

Ive said my peace with Avs need to get a Kreider at the price of a. Jost and a 2nd as what they should do. Whats the point of making a roster of the moves I have already discussed at lengths end already, its been talked about to death. Its just a waste of a roster bc it offers no value to conversations on this site bc its already talked about to death

And no I am not quick to shoot down ideas, you just really take it personally when people dont like your ideas, especially when it comes to the Avs, you have very strong opinions on some Avs players, to the point you make it personal slandering them instead of talking about the objectively.

No man I dont take it personally, I even agree with you half of the time, but guys like me, moli92, arakinskywalker who make posts also make plenty of ACGMs to discuss ideas, and all I ever see you do is say why the proposed trades would never happen, which is fine, but you never throw you're own ideas out for everyone else to criticize, which is annoying...

Kreider is an all star, you think New York will take a 4th line centre with potential and a 2nd??
Jan. 25, 2020 at 7:58 p.m.
No man I dont take it personally, I even agree with you half of the time, but guys like me, moli92, arakinskywalker who make posts also make plenty of ACGMs to discuss ideas, and all I ever see you do is say why the proposed trades would never happen, which is fine, but you never throw you're own ideas out for everyone else to criticize, which is annoying...

Kreider is an all star, you think New York will take a 4th line centre with potential and a 2nd??

Kreider is an Allstar bc of Injuries on top of injuries in his divisions. And when Ranger fans agree that Jost and a 2nd seems fair for Kreider...I dunno who am I to argue with a fan base agreeing on the value for their rental player.

You just really hate Jost and cant see any value in him. There are some guys you are overally negative about. Jost has always been one of them, and based on the last few posts, you see 0 value in Nieto as well. Which is cool you can have your own opinions, but when you dont like someone on the Avs, you really don't like them

I have thrown out my ideas time and time again in responses, agreeing with trades that are fair, calling out other that are not. But vastly what I have talked about, they just have also been done to death on rosters here. Whats the point of making another Kreider to the Avs for the 52nd time when the value are just slight variations of one another. Lets go argue about semantics for the 53rd time once again, bc at this point thats all it will cause. People on here spam the same rosters over and over again, which is far more annoying

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll