Forums/Armchair-GM

Nick Ritchie is extremely important to this teams sucess

Created by: Dan10900
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 13, 2020
Published: Jan. 25, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
And shouldn't be traded for scraps (or at all, he's young, cost controlled etc)

Let's just start off simple, there will be a lot of text coming anyway, he has 10 points in 27 games, not the best, but not terrible, puts him at average third liner territory, on pace for 30 points, but he also has a p/60 which is basically average, but he also has a 1.11 p1/60 which is p good comparatively to his p/60, he also had an xGF/60 of 2.67 (expected to be higher bc his play style) which is well above average in the league (roughly 100th out of 350) now moving on from just random numbers that I'm sure everybody is just gonna ignore, I'm going to post some charts and/or graphs in the comments and explain them here, so first I'll post what caused me to start looking into it, his hockeyViz charts, the first one is 5v5 shot locations vs league average with him in the ice, see where there's a big red blob in front of the net, that means that when he's on the ice, the ducks take roughly 5% more shots than league average from those locations, than in the second chart, it's the ducks WITHOUT Ritchie on the ice, there's mostly blue in front of the net, meaning the ducks are well below average without him in front of the net, that's a huge huge difference, his impact in that area (where most goals are scored) is really really impressive, probably better than prime Hornqvist (mostly bc the team around him wasn't terrible) and without Hornqvist the pens don't win those two cups, next I'd just like to point out that his teammates have been terrible compared to league average (see third chart) also his RAPM charts are good, well above average offensively, average defensively, and that CF does explain the first two charts, he seems to be more of a shot first guy, BUT with where all his shots come from, right in front of the net, I'm totally ok with that, there's gonna be a bunch of those that go in, it's likely that his GF will catch up somewhat (players like him do tend to have more xGF than GF though) and that would probably drag him over 1/2 PPG, moving on, he's also a positive player in xGF-xGA, and GF-xGA, he also has a PDO of 97.8, so you can probably expect more GF and/or less GA, bc it'll probably get closer to 100, and his TOI vs Elite comp (per SKATR, 5th image) is 58 (3 higher than QOT) which isn't great, but obv, is above average (side note look at those rel stats ??, and the 14th percentile s% explains the low GF and somewhat the low point totals) also his WOWY's (importance is debatable) are probably the second best on the ducks, you want to be farther to the right, and farther up, and almost every single player improves while playing with him (except Kase, but he's a different animal) now some of this can be explained by the fact that Kase is usually his linemate, and since these charts teams into account everyone on the ice, a good amount of the increase his teammates see with him is probably due to Kase, but even when Kase has been hurt or not on his line, he's been able to maintain that ability to keep improving his linemates play, or at least not get dragged down so much that it drags the rest of his linemates play down

(Yes ik some mod or admin or whatever is gonna say that these types of posts should be reserved for the forums or whatever, but like come on, nobody ever actually looks at it posts in the forums, and even they do it's too talk about like the ASG or smth, but a serious discussion of how good a player is, plus I want to post this in here so people can stop trading him for scraps in other ACGM's, and if I post it in the forums that would do absolutely nothing to stop those)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
1$81,500,000$21,903,251$0$0$59,596,749
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 25, 2020 at 1:52 p.m.
Wait i forget how to images lol
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 25, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
I think Ritchie is an ok 3rd liner in terms of his production, but he has some intangibles that I’d like to hang on to for a little while longer.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 25, 2020 at 8:21 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I have steadily maintained that the only real trade chips Anaheim can sensibly use are Devin Shore, one of Larsson/Guhle/Mahura, and some of our second-line prospects. Moving anyone else simply doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of the return. Ritchie is a prime example: he's worth far more at his cap hit than he's going to bring back.
Dan10900 and mytduxfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll