LD
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 26, 2020 at 12:47 p.m.
Buffalo Accepts
Jan. 26, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
Subbanator
Buffalo definitely takes that offer
Jan. 26, 2020 at 12:55 p.m.
I would help every player involve pack and move to make this happen.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 12:57 p.m.
Tampa winning the cup.......

Lol all jokes aside, you’re not getting back nearly enough. Buf accepts and goes into hiding. There’s now a warrant out for their arrest, they’ve been charged with robbery.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Delusional Buffalo fan . what a novelty .. just stop typing .. Add Eichel and Tampa will consider
Zwui21 liked this.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
I hope you are joking.
Zwui21 liked this.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls
Tampa winning the cup.......

Lol all jokes aside, you’re not getting back nearly enough. Buf accepts and goes into hiding. There’s now a warrant out for their arrest, they’ve been charged with robbery.

Take away Sergachev from Tampa side and Samualsson from Buffalo side. Does it make this trade more even.

SO Cirelli and Palat for Mittlestadt, Miller and a 1st?
Jan. 26, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
Quoting: Sabrebluehs
Take away Sergachev from Tampa side and Samualsson from Buffalo side. Does it make this trade more even.

SO Cirelli and Palat for Mittlestadt, Miller and a 1st?

Not close to enough, still
Jan. 26, 2020 at 3:49 p.m.
Quoting: Zwui21
Not close to enough, still

Tampa will have to move on from either Cirelli, Sergachev or Cernak. They will not be able to keep all three. They have to many players with NTC. The return will be young prospects and draft picks because they can't afford any salaries. Even so they will have to try and move on of the bigger contracts. That is the problem with good drafting and and development...you sometimes are too good and have to move on from players you would not to trade.
Swagmaster and tsyls liked this.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 6:39 p.m.
Tampa will have to move on from either Cirelli, Sergachev or Cernak. They will not be able to keep all three. They have to many players with NTC. The return will be young prospects and draft picks because they can't afford any salaries. Even so they will have to try and move on of the bigger contracts. That is the problem with good drafting and and development...you sometimes are too good and have to move on from players you would not to trade.

That is only your opinion that Tampa will "have to move on from one of Cirelli, Sergachev or Cernak." Most of us here in Tampa have heard it all before with other supposedly impossible to keep RFA's and players and yet not a single one has left via an OS or been ridiculously overpaid. While it is possible that changes with one of these players, I wouldn't bet on that scenario, based on past precedent and on how most buy in to Tampa's organizational structure. Serg and Cirelli taking bridge deals each around 4.5 and then Cernak closer to 2 lines up more of how Tampa has signed their rfa's. One of Gourde(either through trade after waiving the ntc or simply waiving him as a last resort)or Killorn(less helpful to move cap wise but easier and will have highest trade value)is going to be moved, and there are multiple ways for Tampa to free up additional room if needed(getting Coburn to waive, trading Paquette etc.). Not saying things will be easy, but of the 3 only Cernak has a realistic chance of leaving imo, and even then it's slim.
Zwui21 and matulix liked this.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 7:14 p.m.
Edited Jan. 26, 2020 at 9:58 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
That is only your opinion that Tampa will "have to move on from one of Cirelli, Sergachev or Cernak." Most of us here in Tampa have heard it all before with other supposedly impossible to keep RFA's and players and yet not a single one has left via an OS or been ridiculously overpaid. While it is possible that changes with one of these players, I wouldn't bet on that scenario, based on past precedent and on how most buy in to Tampa's organizational structure. Serg and Cirelli taking bridge deals each around 4.5 and then Cernak closer to 2 lines up more of how Tampa has signed their rfa's. One of Gourde(either through trade after waiving the ntc or simply waiving him as a last resort)or Killorn(less helpful to move cap wise but easier and will have highest trade value)is going to be moved, and there are multiple ways for Tampa to free up additional room if needed(getting Coburn to waive, trading Paquette etc.). Not saying things will be easy, but of the 3 only Cernak has a realistic chance of leaving imo, and even then it's slim.

How many players waive to leave a state with no state income tax ? Only really stupid ones . Gave out to many NTC's now it is going to bite them in the ass.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 10:27 p.m.
Heard the whole ntc thing is going to screw Tampa as well more times than I care to count. Yes, giving some of them was questionable, but players waive their ntc's much more often than rfa's taking offer sheets. I haven't seen Tampa get bitten yet, I guess we'll see. I'll continue to trust in how Tampa has negotiated with rfa's rather than the doomsayers who think Tampa's players are all going to take OS and leave a top contender for likely a mediocre or worse team with space. Not to mention the lack of state tax and great weather/city. I'd put my chips on them taking less and staying.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 10:56 p.m.
Heard the whole ntc thing is going to screw Tampa as well more times than I care to count. Yes, giving some of them was questionable, but players waive their ntc's much more often than rfa's taking offer sheets. I haven't seen Tampa get bitten yet, I guess we'll see. I'll continue to trust in how Tampa has negotiated with rfa's rather than the doomsayers who think Tampa's players are all going to take OS and leave a top contender for likely a mediocre or worse team with space. Not to mention the lack of state tax and great weather/city. I'd put my chips on them taking less and staying.

LOL , They got saved by a player mysteriously never being able to play again this year . Who is going to have that this year. These players are not idiots they are not waiving and leave a no income tax state. Maybe Tampa pays their taxes for them ? Can't do that it is called cap circumvention . I suspect next CBA even that playing field out as well in regards to teams that have state income tax ad teams that do not . Major screwup by Yzerman. handing out NTC's like Halloween candy.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 11:53 p.m.
Quoting: Swagmaster
LOL , They got saved by a player mysteriously never being able to play again this year . Who is going to have that this year. These players are not idiots they are not waiving and leave a no income tax state. Maybe Tampa pays their taxes for them ? Can't do that it is called cap circumvention . I suspect next CBA even that playing field out as well in regards to teams that have state income tax ad teams that do not . Major screwup by Yzerman. handing out NTC's like Halloween candy.

A degenerative disc condition is what it is, had Callahan kept playing he risked further damage. There are plenty of reasons for a player to waive their ntc, even in Tampa. Gourde may want more playing time and an increased role elsewhere. If Tampa is dead set on moving him, there are ways to lean on him to try and convince him. They can waive him as a last resort or even buy him out(although that is not a great option here but does save Tampa some money in the short term). In any case, Tampa won't be losing either Serg or Cirelli and especially not for a pile of crap from Buffalo.
Zwui21 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 12:05 a.m.
A degenerative disc condition is what it is, had Callahan kept playing he risked further damage. There are plenty of reasons for a player to waive their ntc, even in Tampa. Gourde may want more playing time and an increased role elsewhere. If Tampa is dead set on moving him, there are ways to lean on him to try and convince him. They can waive him as a last resort or even buy him out(although that is not a great option here but does save Tampa some money in the short term). In any case, Tampa won't be losing either Serg or Cirelli and especially not for a pile of crap from Buffalo.

Yeah just like Hossa suddenly developed an allergy .. Waiving a player only saves you 1 million off their salary. Learn the rules. Buyout will hurt you even longer . I never proposed the trade .My only point is now you pay for all the no trades you handed out
Jan. 27, 2020 at 1:00 a.m.
Yeah just like Hossa suddenly developed an allergy .. Waiving a player only saves you 1 million off their salary. Learn the rules. Buyout will hurt you even longer . I never proposed the trade .My only point is now you pay for all the no trades you handed out

I know the rules just fine thanks. I referenced how the buyout wouldn't be great but could save some money this off season. I am also well aware of how waiving affects the cap but only if the player is not claimed which Gourde would be almost certainly. I will continue to counter those that continue to assume Tampa is screwed because of ntc's/cap with logic, facts, history and examples of how both Tampa has and can continue to keep a cup contending team rolling along. No doubt Buffalo and many other teams would love to see Tampa fall apart but it's just not happening any time real soon. Hossa btw also has a well documented skin disorder that has affected others as well and makes it very difficult to impossible to play hockey. It is less common now but was seen in quite a few players back in the 70's and 80's, but nice try.
Zwui21 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:18 a.m.

They won't move Cirelli and Sergachev. If they can't work something out, Cernak will be the one out. But all this talk is the same we've seen times and times before. And in the end Tampa still always finds a way to work it out.
And, even if they move someone, they are surely not accepting garbage offers like this one.
matulix and JTBF81 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 5:17 a.m.

Quoting: Zwui21
They won't move Cirelli and Sergachev. If they can't work something out, Cernak will be the one out. But all this talk is the same we've seen times and times before. And in the end Tampa still always finds a way to work it out.
And, even if they move someone, they are surely not accepting garbage offers like this one.

This.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 8:21 a.m.
I know the rules just fine thanks. I referenced how the buyout wouldn't be great but could save some money this off season. I am also well aware of how waiving affects the cap but only if the player is not claimed which Gourde would be almost certainly. I will continue to counter those that continue to assume Tampa is screwed because of ntc's/cap with logic, facts, history and examples of how both Tampa has and can continue to keep a cup contending team rolling along. No doubt Buffalo and many other teams would love to see Tampa fall apart but it's just not happening any time real soon. Hossa btw also has a well documented skin disorder that has affected others as well and makes it very difficult to impossible to play hockey. It is less common now but was seen in quite a few players back in the 70's and 80's, but nice try.

No one is claiming Gourde with that contract I feel Tampa will trade ether Sergachev or Cirelli not both . But they will have to choose. If they get lucky someone puts in a big offer sheet for one of them .
Jan. 27, 2020 at 10:51 a.m.
No one is claiming Gourde with that contract I feel Tampa will trade ether Sergachev or Cirelli not both . But they will have to choose. If they get lucky someone puts in a big offer sheet for one of them .

Gourde would get claimed, no question. Tampa won't be losing either Cirelli or Serg but I'm done arguing with people who don't understand how Tampa makes it work and just assumes these guys will for sure want to leave Tampa and accept all these supposed offer sheets. When Tampa makes it work, again, those of us that follow the team will not be surprised and those that shouted "NTC's, OS, these guys are leaving for sure" will whine again about how unfair it is for Tampa.
Zwui21 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.

They definitely cant trade any other players to keep them
Jan. 27, 2020 at 11:41 a.m.
Edited Jan. 27, 2020 at 11:49 a.m.
Gourde would get claimed, no question. Tampa won't be losing either Cirelli or Serg but I'm done arguing with people who don't understand how Tampa makes it work and just assumes these guys will for sure want to leave Tampa and accept all these supposed offer sheets. When Tampa makes it work, again, those of us that follow the team will not be surprised and those that shouted "NTC's, OS, these guys are leaving for sure" will whine again about how unfair it is for Tampa.

Not a that salary he won't. Teams with no state tax have an unfair advantage as well . Bet that gets addressed in next CBA. It is obviously not how Tampa does business now . Point did not get one or KUCHEROV. Yzerman did business that way. Of course players want to not get moved from state with no tax.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 12:40 p.m.
Not a that salary he won't. Teams with no state tax have an unfair advantage as well . Bet that gets addressed in next CBA. It is obviously not how Tampa does business now . Point did not get one or KUCHEROV. Yzerman did business that way. Of course players want to not get moved from state with no tax.

I'm guessing you've not been following hockey for a long period of time, have you? Because if you had you knew that there is no way the CBA adresses the supposed unfair no State Tax advantage (who's blown out of proportion by clueless ignorant people - because it's not as big of an advantage as you think:Forbes article where they say Stone"hit the tax jackpot" by going to Vegas... because he'll save up to 70'000$ per year not the milions that stupid people claim to be).
Why they won't adress it? Because if they do so, they'll also have to adress all the uNfAiR regional aDvAnTaGeS. Like Toronto and the other big markets with the endorsements deals for exemple.

Won't happen. Because it's not an issue big as players make it out to be.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll