SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Marlies become Leafs ???

Jan. 27, 2020 at 12:43 p.m.
Campbe11
Edited Jan. 27, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
Over the past decade by necessity, I found myself more invested in the Toronto Marlies. With all the hype of our young-star-infusion my attention naturally shifted back to the Leafs. Supposedly, AHL is a development league to create next-gen players for the Leaf's, right? Well, I just looked at some Marlies content; a seed of concern has germinated. Let's examine two years into the future it's quite likely both Liligren and Sandin will be bonified Leaf's... fair? What is left on the Marlies?

I know we want to beleaf, but let's consider the trends over the last few years at trade deadline time, acquiring players for futures is a pretty undebatable observation! There may be a strategy to this, but it appears as if player development will no longer be a focus in our near future. Ask yourselves, isn't that strategy precisely what causes the problems in the first place. The Shanna-plan, assured us that they were going to be patient and develop a system of development of players. I may be just an ordinary-joe-fan, but I feel the development of players requires; IDK, players. Players come for drafting, and players with abilities are often are found in the first two rounds, i.e., expecting and planning to find diamonds in the later rounds is bad poker!

I'm not expecting much subsequent conversation, however, I want to just say this. I'm losing faith in this Leafs Management team ! I seriously wonder if they are following some secret script because man does this feel familiar, and who'd blame them... what Franchise is more succe$$ful then the Leaf's without winning?
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Leaf_fan_74
Over the past decade by necessity, I found myself more invested in the Toronto Marlies. With all the hype of our young-star-infusion my attention naturally shifted back to the Leafs. Supposedly, AHL is a development league to create next-gen players for the Leaf's, right? Well, I just looked at some Marlies content; a seed of concern has germinated. Let's examine two years into the future it's quite likely both Liligren and Sandin will be bonified Leaf's... fair? What is left on the Marlies?

I know we want to beleaf, but let's consider the trends over the last few years at trade deadline time, acquiring players for futures is a pretty undebatable observation! There may be a strategy to this, but it appears as if player development will no longer be a focus in our near future. Ask yourselves, isn't that strategy precisely what causes the problems in the first place. The Shanna-plan, assured us that they were going to be patient and develop a system of development of players. I may be just an ordinary-joe-fan, but I feel the development of players requires; IDK, players. Players come for drafting, and players with abilities are often are found in the first two rounds, i.e., expecting and planning to find diamonds in the later rounds is bad poker!

I'm not expecting much subsequent conversation, however, I want to just say this. I'm losing faith in this Leafs Management team ! I seriously wonder if they are following some secret script because man does this feel familiar, and who'd blame them... what Franchise is more succe$$ful then the Leaf's without winning?

Leaf_fan_74

You sound like you have been listening to all the doom and gloom media reports about the Leafs. I also think you are not taking into account the team's current loss of its No. 1 defenceman in Morgan Rielly and No. 2 defenceman in Jake Muzzen due to injuries and their effect on the poor play of the team prior to the All Star game and all the negative sediment towards the team. You need to start being a believer in the Leafs management team instead of the media and give them a fair chance. The reality of the situation is the Leafs have an extremely young and talented team and are still a few years away from challenging for the Stanley Cup. They have 16 players who have played with Leafs this year with less than 4 years experience in the NHL as listed below:

3 Years Experience
Matthews
Marner
Nylander-Marlies Grad

1- 2 Years Experience
Dermott-Marlies Grad
Johnsson-Marlies Grad
Kapanen-Marlies Grad
Gauthier-Marlies Grad
Holl-Marlies Grad
Moore-Marlies Grad

Less than 1 Years Experience
Sandin-Marlies Grad
Engvall-Marlies Grad
Mikheyev-Marlies Grad
Timashov-Marlies Grad
Marchment-Marlies Grad
Brooks-Marlies Grad
Liljegren-Marlies Grad

You have to realize that the only way to get experience in the NHL is to play your young players which Sheldon Keefe and Kyle Dubas are now doing. This is also benefiting the Marlies greatly as every prospect knows that if they work hard on their own development program they will be called up to practice or play on the Leafs or traded to another organization and given an opportunity to play.

You need to also realize that Kyle Dubas and Sheldon Keefe are on the same page and both are committed to building a really good hockey team so you just need to stay patient and let these young players gain experience and winning and playing with the Leafs.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Campbe11
Go Leafs Go!
Jan. 27, 2020 at 6:34 p.m.
Campbe11
You need also to realize that Kyle Dubas and Sheldon Keefe are on the same page and both are committed to building a really good hockey team so you just need to stay patient and let these young players gain experience and winning and playing with the Leafs.

Won't quote the whole thing. I enjoy your response Sage, and I explored the impact of the influence of negative media before I wrote this. Granted, I am a Leaf's fan, so... it is fair to say I can be emotionally unstable about my team from time to time. However, the narrative of the Media is to Trade for Georgiev and (x) company by selling more futures. Yes, you are right; there are a lot of Marlie graduates playing on or nearing the Leafs team. However, what we were told after "Scorched Earth" is that diligence to maintain a developmental system is essential to sustaining a winning environment with duration. Granted, that system was implemented by Lou, and not Dubis, who was learning under fire with the Marlies.

My concerns lay in things that aren't popular discussions; further, I feel there is a concerted effort to distract us from it. Our Barn is now nearly empty, my friend; this is contrary to what was promised! I am patient; what else can I be? Since I have no influence regarding the inner-working of my beloved team. However, we, as paying fans, should remain diligent and hold Management accountable at least vocally for the things that have been promised.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 11:07 p.m.
Campbe11
Quoting: TMLSage

Mikheyev-Marlies Grad

Is Mikheyev a Marlies Grad? I don't think so!
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 28, 2020 at 1:12 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Won't quote the whole thing. I enjoy your response Sage, and I explored the impact of the influence of negative media before I wrote this. Granted, I am a Leaf's fan, so... it is fair to say I can be emotionally unstable about my team from time to time. However, the narrative of the Media is to Trade for Georgiev and (x) company by selling more futures. Yes, you are right; there are a lot of Marlie graduates playing on or nearing the Leafs team. However, what we were told after "Scorched Earth" is that diligence to maintain a developmental system is essential to sustaining a winning environment with duration. Granted, that system was implemented by Lou, and not Dubis, who was learning under fire with the Marlies.

My concerns lay in things that aren't popular discussions; further, I feel there is a concerted effort to distract us from it. Our Barn is now nearly empty, my friend; this is contrary to what was promised! I am patient; what else can I be? Since I have no influence regarding the inner-working of my beloved team. However, we, as paying fans, should remain diligent and hold Management accountable at least vocally for the things that have been promised.

Do not understand your reasoning when you say that the Leafs prospect barn in now empty. This is a totally incorrect statement based on incorrect information you are receiving. The Leafs have some great young prospects which include the following:

Ian Scott (Goalie)
Mac Holloway (Defenceman)
Joseph Duszak (Defenceman)
Semyon Der-Arguchintesev (Center)
Nick Robertson (Forward)
Jeremy Bracco (Forward)
Teemu Kivihalme (Defenceman)
Joseph Wall (Goalie)
Yegor Korshkov (Forward)
Justin Brazeau (Forward- And Most Intriquing Leaf Prospect)
Mikko Kokkonen (Defenceman)
Mikhail Abramov (Forward)
Nick Abruzzese (Forward)

Not sure you are also aware that Kyle Dubas has implemented a development system involving both the Toronto Marlies of AHL and Newfoundland Growlers of ECHL where players are developed and promoted up to a higher league when they are ready which is more like a Major League Baseball System. Both Marchment and Holl started in ECHL and then advanced to AHL and finally the NHL as proof that this system works.

You need to also realize that the Leafs have the premier hockey development system in the entire NHL and have graduated a number of players to the Leafs from later round draft choices. This system is so good that players like Brazeau and Duszak actually signed as free agents with the Leafs over other NHL teams.
Jan. 28, 2020 at 1:19 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Is Mikheyev a Marlies Grad? I don't think so!

You are correct. Not a Marlies Grad but another player who signed in Toronto because of perception that Leafs treat their Russian players right. I think Mikheyev was even more impressed by the Leafs after Dubas stayed over a few extra days with him in a hospital when he was injured in a road game. Have no doubt that Mikheyev's Russian agent who is Dan Milstein will be telling all his other Russian free agents clients about the treatment that Mikheyev received from Dubas and Leafs and expect some more quality Russian free agents to sign with the Leafs.
Jan. 28, 2020 at 3:23 p.m.
Campbe11
Edited Jan. 28, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
Do not understand your reasoning when you say that the Leafs prospect barn in now empty. This is a totally incorrect statement based on incorrect information you are receiving. The Leafs have some great young prospects which include the following:

Ian Scott (Goalie)
Mac Holloway (Defenceman)
Joseph Duszak (Defenceman)
Semyon Der-Arguchintesev (Center)
Nick Robertson (Forward)
Jeremy Bracco (Forward)
Teemu Kivihalme (Defenceman)
Joseph Wall (Goalie)
Yegor Korshkov (Forward)
Justin Brazeau (Forward- And Most Intriquing Leaf Prospect)
Mikko Kokkonen (Defenceman)
Mikhail Abramov (Forward)
Nick Abruzzese (Forward)

Not sure you are also aware that Kyle Dubas has implemented a development system involving both the Toronto Marlies of AHL and Newfoundland Growlers of ECHL where players are developed and promoted up to a higher league when they are ready which is more like a Major League Baseball System. Both Marchment and Holl started in ECHL and then advanced to AHL and finally the NHL as proof that this system works.

You need to also realize that the Leafs have the premier hockey development system in the entire NHL and have graduated a number of players to the Leafs from later round draft choices. This system is so good that players like Brazeau and Duszak actually signed as free agents with the Leafs over other NHL teams.

Listing all these players is no answer to my Empty Barn statement. Point in fact, little to none of those players are envied by other teams. I agree the international FA signing potential is improved, that is not my concern. My concern is we have stopped valuing drafting as much as promised. For a team not ready to make significant playoff pushes we have spent too much. I'm not a Muzzin fan so you know where I'm coming from, he is severely over hyped ; and, now our left side is jammed! That trade cost us a 1st, further, getting rid of Marleau cost us what another 1st. And still no RHD to pair with Reilly. Keeping Barrie will cost us another 1st rounder face it he just doesn't fit. I'm only suggesting that building all those programs is useless without substantial prospects to develope. Truthfully, we've seen this exact show in Toronto before. Rick Vaive, Russ Courtnel, Wendel Clark, Gary Leamen
Jan. 28, 2020 at 7:58 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Listing all these players is no answer to my Empty Barn statement. Point in fact, little to none of those players are envied by other teams. I agree the international FA signing potential is improved, that is not my concern. My concern is we have stopped valuing drafting as much as promised. For a team not ready to make significant playoff pushes we have spent too much. I'm not a Muzzin fan so you know where I'm coming from, he is severely over hyped ; and, now our left side is jammed! That trade cost us a 1st, further, getting rid of Marleau cost us what another 1st. And still no RHD to pair with Reilly. Keeping Barrie will cost us another 1st rounder face it he just doesn't fit. I'm only suggesting that building all those programs is useless without substantial prospects to develope. Truthfully, we've seen this exact show in Toronto before. Rick Vaive, Russ Courtnel, Wendel Clark, Gary Leamen

Not sure how you can say that none of these players are envied by other teams in the NHL. If you google Nick Robertson you will soon realize what the Leafs potentially have in him as a player as he is having a tremendous year. The realty of the situation is the Leafs have just graduated a massive waive of players to their NHL team and have been replenishing their cupboard with the next waive of prospects on the Marlies and Growlers. Not really a concern if some of these players take another 2 to 3 years to slow cook and develope because it is not like there is going to be alot of immediate opportunities for them with the Leafs at the present time.
Jan. 28, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Campbe11
Not sure how you can say that none of these players are envied by other teams in the NHL. If you google Nick Robertson you will soon realize what the Leafs potentially have in him as a player as he is having a tremendous year. The realty of the situation is the Leafs have just graduated a massive waive of players to their NHL team and have been replenishing their cupboard with the next waive of prospects on the Marlies and Growlers. Not really a concern if some of these players take another 2 to 3 years to slow cook and develope because it is not like there is going to be alot of immediate opportunities for them with the Leafs at the present time.

I'd like to believe that... I really would! The fact is, I have soured on trusting Toronto Media, especially when it comes to the value of TML Assets. I am not entirely without faith Sage... however, there is a painful tradition of looking back with hindsight and seeing the different stages of the dismantling of this team (decade-after-decade). That has made me skeptical, and when I see similar trends, I get triggered. Hey, I would love to see the Leafs win the Cup this and every year, but I am also a realist. This team is not Cup-ready in personnel, nor conviction of detail. What would go along way to changing my mind is that Dubis shows us (the fans) ASAP that he's faithful to what was preached... a strategy of patient development.
Meaning, don't acquire a single Roster Piece before the trade deadline, and sell UFA's, also let Reilly's recovery extend as needed to heal properly.

Muzzin gets a mid-late 1st
Barrie gets a mid-late !st
Cece gets a 4th at best
Spezza gets a 3rd
Keep everyone else!

Additionally, a Lottery win could improve our draft position so that we could keep our 1st round pick this year. Fans would know whats going on, next embrace the opportunity to see what Bracco can add at the NHL level, and give Brooks a better shot. We know our Core players are great "no question," but not until we address the defense will we witness Greatness! One season to recalibrate! No, not tanking, our offense will still be great and exciting to watch no-doubt so will or defense (LOL). Matthews might get hardware, and the core will experience how vital defense is to the recipe of winning.

Next season there is a fair bit of Cap space to play with; therefore, we can aggressively court both Alex Pietrangelo and Sami Vatanen to which we will be an attractive option for both. Oh ya, the 3 First-round picks would hurt much either.

A well-timed retreat may concede a battle, yes, but it also protects against significant man-power losses, regrouping/regaining forces to strike later with the gained intelligence.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
GM - Canucks
I'd like to believe that... I really would! The fact is, I have soured on trusting Toronto Media, especially when it comes to the value of TML Assets. I am not entirely without faith Sage... however, there is a painful tradition of looking back with hindsight and seeing the different stages of the dismantling of this team (decade-after-decade). That has made me skeptical, and when I see similar trends, I get triggered. Hey, I would love to see the Leafs win the Cup this and every year, but I am also a realist. This team is not Cup-ready in personnel, nor conviction of detail. What would go along way to changing my mind is that Dubis shows us (the fans) ASAP that he's faithful to what was preached... a strategy of patient development.
Meaning, don't acquire a single Roster Piece before the trade deadline, and sell UFA's, also let Reilly's recovery extend as needed to heal properly.

Muzzin gets a mid-late 1st
Barrie gets a mid-late !st
Cece gets a 4th at best
Spezza gets a 3rd
Keep everyone else!

Additionally, a Lottery win could improve our draft position so that we could keep our 1st round pick this year. Fans would know whats going on, next embrace the opportunity to see what Bracco can add at the NHL level, and give Brooks a better shot. We know our Core players are great "no question," but not until we address the defense will we witness Greatness! One season to recalibrate! No, not tanking, our offense will still be great and exciting to watch no-doubt so will or defense (LOL). Matthews might get hardware, and the core will experience how vital defense is to the recipe of winning.

Next season there is a fair bit of Cap space to play with; therefore, we can aggressively court both Alex Pietrangelo and Sami Vatanen to which we will be an attractive option for both. Oh ya, the 3 First-round picks would hurt much either.

A well-timed retreat may concede a battle, yes, but it also protects against significant man-power losses, regrouping/regaining forces to strike later with the gained intelligence.

Do not think selling every UFA before trade deadline is a smart move. Alot of these UFA's are real mentors for younger Leafs and needed to teach them how to be better NHL players and help team make the playoffs. Making the playoffs and playing in the playoffs is critical to the development of the Leafs younger roster players as giving them valuable experience. The Leafs may be planning to resign some of these UFA's after the season which makes no sense in trading all of them before the trade deadline. The Leafs will also not be able to attract future UFA's if the team is just going to trade them all prior to trade deadline.

You should look at the Canucks as an example and how they held on to Edler and then resigned him as a UFA to be a mentor for the younger Canucks defenceman this year. Another example is Tanev who is having a tremendous impact in helping Quinn Hughes develope as a NHL defenceman this year and will most likely be resigned as a UFA after the season and not traded away at the trade deadllne.

You need to keep some good solid veteran players if you want a young team to develope into a relly good team in the future. This is no different in basketball and is why the Raptors have kept big time veteran players in Lowery and Ibaka to lead and mentor the younger players and teach them how to become good players.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 9:03 a.m.
Campbe11
Do not think selling every UFA before trade deadline is a smart move. Alot of these UFA's are real mentors for younger Leafs and needed to teach them how to be better NHL players and help team make the playoffs. Making the playoffs and playing in the playoffs is critical to the development of the Leafs younger roster players as giving them valuable experience. The Leafs may be planning to resign some of these UFA's after the season which makes no sense in trading all of them before the trade deadline. The Leafs will also not be able to attract future UFA's if the team is just going to trade them all prior to trade deadline.

You should look at the Canucks as an example and how they held on to Edler and then resigned him as a UFA to be a mentor for the younger Canucks defenceman this year. Another example is Tanev who is having a tremendous impact in helping Quinn Hughes develope as a NHL defenceman this year and will most likely be resigned as a UFA after the season and not traded away at the trade deadllne.

You need to keep some good solid veteran players if you want a young team to develope into a relly good team in the future. This is no different in basketball and is why the Raptors have kept big time veteran players in Lowery and Ibaka to lead and mentor the younger players and teach them how to become good players.

Before we go any further @TMLSage understand this, you are not going to change my mind and I don't believe otherwise either... this is just two fans talking! In my eyes, there is no one right or wrong opinion, and we should celebrate our differences.

That being said,

You are absolutely right, a leadership group is needed for team direction and development; also, you are correct that playoff experience is vital to development as well... Great points! Albeit, maybe I too understand this but, I believe that 4th season core players should be capable, especially when captained by a superstar example of doing it right John Tavares. Sorry, Sage, in my eyes, you have been drinking the T.O. media kool-aid again without recognizing the context of what you are reciting.
Further, my friend, where I differ in this playoff development ideology, is understanding that getting into them is hard and serious work too, requiring commitment and focus on the small things (details). If you are inadvertently referring to that immature statement and think that vets will address immaturity issue by osmosis amongst a team full of millionaire star players, you might be a little naive. Tough-love approach is the next stage of development required here absolutely nothing else will work. They (the core) believe something, and no vet will change their minds i.e., coach nor player! Therefore, let them play it out; maybe they are right and can outpower defense systems with 6-8 goal performances each night? Or they get the bruises required to want to change (e.g., mature) and begin a winning culture. Noting, I believe they are hive-minded already and this is a good thing.

BTW, I lived in BC for about nine years on the island. I’m am no Nuck expert, however, I followed them a little. I can assure you what you are referring to is paralleled with what we saw that first year we played the Capitol's in the playoffs. So this example might be more like comparing apples to pineapples if you get my meaning!
Jan. 29, 2020 at 9:51 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
The Marlies have been depleted by two factors, one being a good one.

Hunter drafting was terrible and left a 2-3 year gap in young talent for the Marlies, it is what we are seeing currently.
The other reason is that most of the best Marlies have graduated to the Leafs.

Combined these issues create the 'lack of talent' you currently see on the Marlies.

The good news is that Dubas' drafting has been exceptionally good so far and the Marlies will be getting a ton of new talent within the next 1-2 years time.
The other good news is that the Leafs core is young. We don't need an influx of high end talent right now, and what we do have in they system is low cost depth forwards whether they are UFA's brought in or guys like Engval.

To have a successful development system with the Leafs cap constraints, I figure that you need to graduate 3 depth forwards every 2 years and one middle 6+ forward in that same timeframe (total of 4 grads every 2 years). Seeing as we have Marchment, Korshkov, Kossila, Lindgren, etc all within 2 years time the depth is doing fine. We just need to bridge the gap until Robertson and abruzze are betetr developed.
Leaf_fan_74 and TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 10:45 p.m.
Campbe11
Quoting: Random2152
The Marlies have been depleted by two factors, one being a good one.

Hunter drafting was terrible and left a 2-3 year gap in young talent for the Marlies, it is what we are seeing currently.
The other reason is that most of the best Marlies have graduated to the Leafs.

Combined these issues create the 'lack of talent' you currently see on the Marlies.

The good news is that Dubas' drafting has been exceptionally good so far and the Marlies will be getting a ton of new talent within the next 1-2 years time.
The other good news is that the Leafs core is young. We don't need an influx of high end talent right now, and what we do have in they system is low cost depth forwards whether they are UFA's brought in or guys like Engval.

To have a successful development system with the Leafs cap constraints, I figure that you need to graduate 3 depth forwards every 2 years and one middle 6+ forward in that same timeframe (total of 4 grads every 2 years). Seeing as we have Marchment, Korshkov, Kossila, Lindgren, etc all within 2 years time the depth is doing fine. We just need to bridge the gap until Robertson and abruzze are betetr developed.

I like your style, you are right about why our barn seems depleted. I don't have as much faith in late-round drafting, no matter how good a development system is. You have to admit that we have sent a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks away lately. If that trend were to stop my fears would subside but the trends are familiar and, the temptation to overpay in this market scares the crap out of me. DUBIS give us a sign! Honestly, our offense is so great that all we require is a decent defense and decent goalie. This is why I like Larson from EDM I'd offer Kapanen and bring Korshkov up, and make serious offer to free agent S. Vatanen.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I like your style, you are right about why our barn seems depleted. I don't have as much faith in late-round drafting, no matter how good a development system is. You have to admit that we have sent a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks away lately. If that trend were to stop my fears would subside but the trends are familiar and, the temptation to overpay in this market scares the crap out of me. DUBIS give us a sign! Honestly, our offense is so great that all we require is a decent defense and decent goalie. This is why I like Larson from EDM I'd offer Kapanen and bring Korshkov up, and make serious offer to free agent S. Vatanen.

Funny enough, neither of the Dmen you mentioned are very good lol.
And when we are getting guys like Robertson (who should have been a 1st rounder) at 53rd ovr, we can move our 1st with near impunity.
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 11:08 p.m.
Campbe11
Funny enough, neither of the Dmen you mentioned are very good lol.
And when we are getting guys like Robertson (who should have been a 1st rounder) at 53rd ovr, we can move our 1st with near impunity.

No, they aren't very good but decent, which is my point. How do you know Robertson is that good? I remember TO media hyping Greg McKegg almost exactly the same. Until we can see the player in our systems i.e., Marlies or Leafs its hard to seriously evaluate a player with confidence.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 11:11 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
How do you know Robertson is that good? I remember TO media hyping Greg McKegg almost exactly the same. Until we can see the player in our systems i.e., Marlies or Leafs its hard to seriously evaluate a player with confidence.

Dude, he is killing it. Among CHL players (which is all top prospects at one point or another) he looks like a top one. Read a scouting report or anything. Look at the games played
EPZe7r0W4AAWw1z?format=jpg&name=900x900
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 11:25 p.m.
Campbe11
Dude, he is killing it. Among CHL players (which is all top prospects at one point or another) he looks like a top one. Read a scouting report or anything. Look at the games played
EPZe7r0W4AAWw1z?format=jpg&name=900x900

That's pretty kool and I can't wait to see him playing with men in a mans league, but again McKegg won the OHL Scoring title in his final CHL year too. Correct me if I wrong but he is no more than a role player at best now. Jr (OHL) success isn't a guarantee of success in the BIGS, and it is not wise to count your chickens until they hatch. I learned that the hard way with this team.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 11:29 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
That's pretty kool and I can't wait to see him playing with men in a mans league, but again McKegg won the OHL Scoring title in his final CHL year too. Correct me if I wrong but he is no more than a role player at best now. Jr (OHL) success isn't a guarantee of success in the BIGS, and it is not wise to count your chickens until they hatch. I learned that the hard way with this team.

You are right, but as good bets go he is doing as well as 25th ovr pick McMichael (who I can personally attest to as being great).
My whole point was that Robertson should have been a 1st rounder, and considering he is out performing other 1st rounders bodes well.
Leaf_fan_74 liked this.
Jan. 30, 2020 at 12:26 a.m.
GM - Canucks
You are right, but as good bets go he is doing as well as 25th ovr pick McMichael (who I can personally attest to as being great).
My whole point was that Robertson should have been a 1st rounder, and considering he is out performing other 1st rounders bodes well.

Randon2152
You and I are the same page when it comes to Leafs prospects and their development. I want you to know that I have a really good feeling about Justin Brazeau and I think he has the potential to be an absolute game changer for the Leafs if he can continue to improve his skating like Marchment and Gauthier have achieved.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
Campbe11
Edited Feb. 16, 2020 at 9:40 p.m.
opps
Feb. 16, 2020 at 9:41 p.m.
Campbe11
opps

Korshkov looks promising, Lilijgren is looking shaky put show potential. What else do we have coming?
Feb. 23, 2020 at 10:50 a.m.
Campbe11
Is it possible to get our 1st rounder back this year? Are Kapanen, Kerfoot, Dermot, Barrie, core players? If we sold them all for futures couldn't we fill those spots easily in free agency; while restalking our development system with new hopes!

I don't care about playoffs this year because we clearly aren't ready... we will be but now we are not!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll