Forums/Armchair-GM

Dumba Brodin Zucker Veg Car Edm

Created by: MNBassman
Team: 2019-20 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 27, 2020
Published: Jan. 27, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If the Knights want Dumba, this is what I would need in return.
Same with the other trades
Trades
MIN
  1. Eakin, Cody
  2. Hague, Nicolas
  3. Krebs, Peyton
Additional Details:
Eakin is a cap dump. I’ll take Reeves if necessary
MIN
  1. Necas, Martin
  2. 2020 1st round pick (TOR)
  3. 2020 1st round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
This is a Necas OR the 2 -1sts proposal. Donato or Greenway are included in a deal for Necas, but not for the 1sts.
CAR
  1. Brodin, Jonas
  2. Donato, Ryan
  3. Greenway, Jordan
Additional Details:
Brodin and Donato OR Greenway for Necas, or Brodin for the 2-1sts
MIN
  1. Gagner, Sam
  2. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Reserve List]
  3. 2020 1st round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$63,435,258$0$1,270,000$18,064,742
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,625,000$1,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 3
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 5
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$2,835,000$2,835,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,187,500$5,187,500
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 3
$791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
RFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 27, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.
Brodin will never net 2 1sts -- and CAR wouldn't trade Necas for him when they already have the left-side covered. They probably don't want to trade Necas at all, unless overpaid.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
Kafle
Edmonton's gonna have to give more
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:05 p.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: villenash
Brodin will never net 2 1sts -- and CAR wouldn't trade Necas for him when they already have the left-side covered. They probably don't want to trade Necas at all, unless overpaid.

We are talking about 2 - 1sts in the 20-30 range and Brodin is easily, I repeat, easily worth that.
OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: kafle22
Edmonton's gonna have to give more

Let the bidding war commence then cuz I’d be happy with that return!
CD282 and OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:22 p.m.
Quoting: MNBassman
We are talking about 2 - 1sts in the 20-30 range and Brodin is easily, I repeat, easily worth that.

He's not, and very very few players are - teams don't trade 2 1st very often if at all. When was the last time that happened? Kessel? And that turned into two very good players. What team would give up 2 1sts for a defenseman that has never scored more than 8 goals in a season and has a career-high of 25 points in a season?? That would be beyond silly - he's a fine defenseman, but he's not exceptional. His advanced stats are also not exactly great with an average CF% of 48.2% and FF% of 49.1% over his career.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:28 p.m.
Banned
Vegas is not moving Hague. The value isn't too far off but they are very high on him internally. So that's not likely to happen.

There's no way in hell that offer to Carolina is worth virtually 3 1st round picks. Brodin is a second pairing d-man and they don't come close to that kinda return. If you want a fair return for him, look at the Muzzin trade as a comparable.

Edmonton isn't trading their 1st round pick in this year's draft. Ken Holland has already doubled down on that statement multiple times. & Sucker isn't that good to get a quality young player like Puljujarvi and a 1st anyways. Probably stick with just Puljujarvi and Gagner and you're closer, maybe a 2nd or a 3rd at most added
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:34 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
Necas is off limits, if that means no trade with Minny then it’s not trade with Minny.

I think the only deal that makes sense, and I’ve posted it previously and seen the feedback already, is a hybrid hockey deal when Minny gets an extended Haula (or conditions based on him re-signing), one of our expiring depth defenseman to plug the hole, and draft capital. Argue the draft picks and defense if you want, but that’s the only deal that works.

BTW - keep in mind that the pick the Canes traded for Haula is conditional and there are constraints where they could have to give more back to VGK if Haula is traded.

Quoting: Ryminister_27
Vegas is not moving Hague. The value isn't too far off but they are very high on him internally. So that's not likely to happen.

There's no way in hell that offer to Carolina is worth virtually 3 1st round picks. Brodin is a second pairing d-man and they don't come close to that kinda return. If you want a fair return for him, look at the Muzzin trade as a comparable.

Edmonton isn't trading their 1st round pick in this year's draft. Ken Holland has already doubled down on that statement multiple times. & Sucker isn't that good to get a quality young player like Puljujarvi and a 1st anyways. Probably stick with just Puljujarvi and Gagner and you're closer, maybe a 2nd or a 3rd at most added
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:39 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Caniac555
Necas is off limits, if that means no trade with Minny then it’s not trade with Minny.

I think the only deal that makes sense, and I’ve posted it previously and seen the feedback already, is a hybrid hockey deal when Minny gets an extended Haula (or conditions based on him re-signing), one of our expiring depth defenseman to plug the hole, and draft capital. Argue the draft picks and defense if you want, but that’s the only deal that works.

BTW - keep in mind that the pick the Canes traded for Haula is conditional and there are constraints where they could have to give more back to VGK if Haula is traded.

I'm not sure why you quoted me on this one, I agree that the offer for Carolina that was proposed was insanely high. But I do agree that Necas is virtually untouchable unless an extraordinary offer came up
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
Because my anger around Necas being talked about blinded me into a fit of rage, and I quoted the wrong person.

The devil in me apologizes.

I'm not sure why you quoted me on this one, I agree that the offer for Carolina that was proposed was insanely high. But I do agree that Necas is virtually untouchable unless an extraordinary offer came up
Ryminister_27 liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 5:16 p.m.
MNBassman

READ first, reply second!
Jan. 27, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
Edmonton isn't trading their 1st round pick in this year's draft. Ken Holland has already doubled down on that statement multiple times.

Holland won't trade the 1st in the rental market - he refused to include it in the Hall trade, for instance. I don't think he's ever said he wouldn't trade the pick for a good player with term though. (I'm not saying that's Zucker, just that the pick would be in play for the right player).
MNBassman liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
Banned
READ first, reply second!

Thanks tips.

I did read first. And you overvalue Brodin a lot. There's no way he's even worth Necas and a 1st or 2 1sts. That's why I said he's a second pairing d-man and to look at the Muzzin trade as a good comparable. So maybe you should read more..
Jan. 27, 2020 at 7:31 p.m.
MNBassman
Thanks tips.

I did read first. And you overvalue Brodin a lot. There's no way he's even worth Necas and a 1st or 2 1sts. That's why I said he's a second pairing d-man and to look at the Muzzin trade as a good comparable. So maybe you should read more..

Go back and read again, you still don’t know what I’m proposing...and, you clearly have never watched Brodin play. And, I will remind you that Brodin was the 10th player selected in his draft and he is (albeit finally) starting to produce more offense.
You can believe what you want though...I’m not going to stop you.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 7:42 p.m.
Banned
Go back and read again, you still don’t know what I’m proposing...and, you clearly have never watched Brodin play. And, I will remind you that Brodin was the 10th player selected in his draft and he is (albeit finally) starting to produce more offense.
You can believe what you want though...I’m not going to stop you.

LOL no one cares where someone WAS drafted almost 10 years ago. The fact is, he's a #3 d-man. On Carolina he's arguably be #4 or maybe even #5 if Hamilton comes back this year. As I said, a very good comparable is the Jake Muzzin trade. Which was a pick and a couple mid level prospects. And Muzzin brought more the the table than Brodin does (more physical and is a cup winner). A realistic return for Brodin would be a 2nd round pick and 2 B level prospects. But getting a top young roster player like Necas or multiple 1sts is not happening
Jan. 27, 2020 at 8:10 p.m.
MNBassman
LOL no one cares where someone WAS drafted almost 10 years ago. The fact is, he's a #3 d-man. On Carolina he's arguably be #4 or maybe even #5 if Hamilton comes back this year. As I said, a very good comparable is the Jake Muzzin trade. Which was a pick and a couple mid level prospects. And Muzzin brought more the the table than Brodin does (more physical and is a cup winner). A realistic return for Brodin would be a 2nd round pick and 2 B level prospects. But getting a top young roster player like Necas or multiple 1sts is not happening

You are probably right that what I’m asking for will not happen, but a 2nd and 2 B level prospects is an even bigger joke! Like I said, you clearly have no idea how very, very good Brodin is! He is an absolute elite skater who can skate backwards faster than some nhlers can skate forwards. He is incredible on his edges and can escape forcheckers with ease. He is a one man breakout machine, and a terrific defender. The ONLY reason he isn’t talked about as one of the very elite blue liners in the league is because he doesn’t put up big numbers, but I promise you...every other part of his game is legit top pairing stuff!

If I thought the Wild were only 2-3 years away from being legitimate Cup contenders, he would be the very last player on the Wild I would shop...the very last. He has been the Wild’s best player this year!

Thank you for your time.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 8:21 p.m.
Banned
You are probably right that what I’m asking for will not happen, but a 2nd and 2 B level prospects is an even bigger joke! Like I said, you clearly have no idea how very, very good Brodin is! He is an absolute elite skater who can skate backwards faster than some nhlers can skate forwards. He is incredible on his edges and can escape forcheckers with ease. He is a one man breakout machine, and a terrific defender. The ONLY reason he isn’t talked about as one of the very elite blue liners in the league is because he doesn’t put up big numbers, but I promise you...every other part of his game is legit top pairing stuff!

If I thought the Wild were only 2-3 years away from being legitimate Cup contenders, he would be the very last player on the Wild I would shop...the very last. He has been the Wild’s best player this year!

Thank you for your time.

There is no way any team gives up more than a 2nd and 2 mid level prospects for a second pairing d-man that isn't in high demand. & if you think that they will, you need to reassess things greatly.

So thank you for the wasted time.
MNBassman liked this.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 8:33 p.m.

Good to know about the Haula claw back. I hadn't seen that before. Gonna be tough to find a trade with the Canes then, if both Haula and Necas are off the table. Besides, I don't think Brodin is a good fit for them. He shouldn't be played on his offside and you don't need a LD.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 9:50 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
I think Haula is very much on the table, but he’s gonna need an extension somewhere to make the value enough to move him.

Brodin is very much a fit, he’d make an amazing partner with Pesce for a shutdown line and open up the rest of the backend. Both Edmundson and Fleury can play their offside. Slavin/Edmundson, Brodin/Pesce, Gardiner/TVR and Fleury switching:

Quoting: Wildwinswhen
Good to know about the Haula claw back. I hadn't seen that before. Gonna be tough to find a trade with the Canes then, if both Haula and Necas are off the table. Besides, I don't think Brodin is a good fit for them. He shouldn't be played on his offside and you don't need a LD.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 10:10 p.m.
MNBassman
I think Haula is very much on the table, but he’s gonna need an extension somewhere to make the value enough to move him.

Brodin is very much a fit, he’d make an amazing partner with Pesce for a shutdown line and open up the rest of the backend. Both Edmundson and Fleury can play their offside. Slavin/Edmundson, Brodin/Pesce, Gardiner/TVR and Fleury switching:

Haula doesn’t interest me at all.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 10:48 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
Well it’s your post so case closed.

Jan. 27, 2020 at 10:53 p.m.
MNBassman
Well it’s your post so case closed.

Ummmmm...I never posted anything about Haula.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 11:45 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
You literally made this team, then comment on my Haula comments that he didn’t interest you. So you did, and I said it was over then.

Ummmmm...I never posted anything about Haula.
Jan. 28, 2020 at 9:18 a.m.
MNBassman
You literally made this team, then comment on my Haula comments that he didn’t interest you. So you did, and I said it was over then.

I don’t know where this confusion is coming from, as I haven’t made one mention of Haula except to say I’m not interested in him. None of my trades involve him. Not one.
Jan. 28, 2020 at 9:54 a.m.
I don’t know where this confusion is coming from, as I haven’t made one mention of Haula except to say I’m not interested in him. None of my trades involve him. Not one.

@MNBassman Haula came up because Caniac commented the Canes VGK pick was a conditional pick if the Canes keep Haula. I didn't realize that, so I asked @Caniac555 about it. Sorry for any confusion.
Jan. 28, 2020 at 10:09 a.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: Wildwinswhen
@MNBassman Haula came up because Caniac commented the Canes VGK pick was a conditional pick if the Canes keep Haula. I didn't realize that, so I asked @Caniac555 about it. Sorry for any confusion.

No worries at all.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll