SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Leafs and Dubas

Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:16 p.m.
If leafs miss the playoffs, does dubas get fired?
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
If leafs miss the playoffs, does dubas get fired?

no
Jan. 27, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
Quoting: jmac490
no

really? why do you think that? team gets worse after 2 first round exits? idk they already removed the coach. i feel like they wont give him too long of a leash.
Jan. 27, 2020 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
really? why do you think that? team gets worse after 2 first round exits? idk they already removed the coach. i feel like they wont give him too long of a leash.

GMs really don't get fired all that often. Look at John Chayka. He missed the playoffs for multiple years in a row. He has drafted some busts, hit on others, made some dumb trades (looking at the Galchenyuk-Domi trade, then losing again on the Kessel trade - PO Joseph may be a stud, but Galchenyuk didn't pan out for the Penguins either).

The team 100% gets worse after this summer. We will likely lose Muzz and Barrie, give 10M to Dermott because that's what Toronto players get paid (this is sarcasm).

There needs to be something that cracks for the Leafs... we can't have Matthews, Tavares, and Marner take up 40% of the cap (if the salary cap moves to 83M).

One or two of those guys need to be moved. I love Marner, but he needs some support on his line to do well. I like Matthews but he chooses when to play. Tavares should have been a stud of an addition to give leadership and add more to our offensive punch/instill some form of 2-way game, but he hasn't exactly lived up to expectations yet either.

The players need to be held accountable more so than Keefe, Dubas, or Shanahan. The Leafs need something to click. They half-a** pretty much every game they play, and this has been a reoccurring theme ever since Sundin retired. They cannot compete with a Tampa or a Boston or a Colorado or a insert team here (hell even the Devils/Sens could beat them if they half-a**ed their game).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll