Cup Ready - Trade with Ana and Nash

Created by: macca2119
Team: 2019-20 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 30, 2020
Published: Jan. 30, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Avs would like to add a 3C and a top 9 RW -

Granlund brings a big 3C to put in the middle. No salary retained by Nash nets the 3 picks.

Rackell - Nicely balanced player with term. Can be interchangeable with Donskoi based on chemistry / effectiveness. Col gets cost certainty for 3 years / does not blow up their cap space. Jost gets a fresh start in ANA. ANA gets younger with the deal and gets good value for a winger.
Trades
ANA
  1. Beaucage, Alex [Reserve List]
  2. Jost, Tyson
  3. 2020 1st round pick (COL)
NSH
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (TOR)
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
2021 become 2nd if Col resigns player
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$77,987,067$0$2,682,500$3,512,933
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 4
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RW
UFA - 4
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 2
$735,000$735,000
LD
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,450,000$1,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,975,000$1,975,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 30, 2020 at 4:35 p.m.
#LeafsFever
It amazes me that so many Avs fans are not only hell-bent on trading Jost, but that they are willing to sacrifice quite a bit of their future, when the team really has all they need already. They very well could pad their back-end by bringing up Connor Timmins, who I think is ready. They could also pull a Cale Makar 2.0 and convince Alex Newhook (that'd be a stretch), or call up Shane Bowers, who I think deserves a shot. Also, no reason to sit Nieto, might as well trade him in that case.
Jan. 30, 2020 at 4:42 p.m.
Xx_Zegras46_xX
Eh
Jan. 30, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Quoting: MG1986
It amazes me that so many Avs fans are not only hell-bent on trading Jost, but that they are willing to sacrifice quite a bit of their future, when the team really has all they need already. They very well could pad their back-end by bringing up Connor Timmins, who I think is ready. They could also pull a Cale Makar 2.0 and convince Alex Newhook (that'd be a stretch), or call up Shane Bowers, who I think deserves a shot. Also, no reason to sit Nieto, might as well trade him in that case.

I have been saying let it ride! I've been saying this since the Hall to COL ideas. I like Rakell, if that happened I'd be happy but it isn't the most necessary. I'd love to steal Granlund for that price since he was the only Wild member I couldn't hate, he's so skilled, can't understand why he dropped.
OldNYIfan and macca2119 liked this.
Jan. 30, 2020 at 4:48 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Quoting: BlastnyFromThePastny
I have been saying let it ride! I've been saying this since the Hall to COL ideas. I like Rakell, if that happened I'd be happy but it isn't the most necessary. I'd love to steal Granlund for that price since he was the only Wild member I couldn't hate, he's so skilled, can't understand why he dropped.

If the only thing this team really needed was a 3C option, then sure, that deal doesn't really hurt the prospect cupboard at all, or the NHL roster. So for that price, bring in Granlund, why not. Other than that, I wouldn't mess with the fabric of this team too much.
Jan. 30, 2020 at 4:48 p.m.

It probably comes from the fact that jost was kind of a hit or miss guy when they drafted him coming from the bchl, and has been given every opportunity to succeed centring his own line, or playing the wing with MacKinnon and he just hasn't found his place... he was the best on a line with wilson and compher in past years playoffs but hasn't been able to be as successful in more prominent roles,.. I would compare him to a pulijarvi where he has the potential but just cant seem to reach it.

I agree if the avs dont make any moves this year I wont be upset they still have a great team as is, but if they could get rakell for that little I'd be smiling from ear to ear.

As for sitting neito, I agree you could trade him, but you may throw him in, in the playoffs if someone needs a maintenance day or has an injury, but if that was the roster and I was the coach ol' neito would definately be in the press box
Jan. 30, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
Dr.

Jost is kind of a wildcard right now. Does he have upside potential, definitely. But the thing is he's not going to be taking any positions from the top 6 right now. He's gotten a lot of opportunity to show that he can become something but sometimes players need a change of scenery. We might as well get something for him and send him somewhere so he gets a chance to play before he gets down on himself and burried on the roster even more than he is.

As for makar 2.0 no one in the system will be able to come out of college and be as effective as he was in playoffs for us. Playoffs is a whole different beast and for players who aren't even shining in the minors, they aren't going to get the call up during playoffs. Those guys won't get a chance till next season.

I don't think we need both trades as we don't have enough roster spots really as we added plenty of depth in free agency, i think we do need to solidify the 3C position, especially with the injury luck we've had this year.
Jan. 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Quoting: JeffW
It probably comes from the fact that jost was kind of a hit or miss guy when they drafted him coming from the bchl, and has been given every opportunity to succeed centring his own line, or playing the wing with MacKinnon and he just hasn't found his place... he was the best on a line with wilson and compher in past years playoffs but hasn't been able to be as successful in more prominent roles,.. I would compare him to a pulijarvi where he has the potential but just cant seem to reach it.

I agree if the avs dont make any moves this year I wont be upset they still have a great team as is, but if they could get rakell for that little I'd be smiling from ear to ear.

As for sitting neito, I agree you could trade him, but you may throw him in, in the playoffs if someone needs a maintenance day or has an injury, but if that was the roster and I was the coach ol' neito would definately be in the press box

I don't think your Tyson Jost comp is a very fair one. I am a Leafs fan, but from I have seen of his play when the teams meet, I would totally take him. In fact, I would have to speak to some friends in the industry, but I am pretty sure (and don't take my word for it), the Leafs asked about Jost before Kerfoot.
Jan. 30, 2020 at 5:49 p.m.
I don't think your Tyson Jost comp is a very fair one. I am a Leafs fan, but from I have seen of his play when the teams meet, I would totally take him. In fact, I would have to speak to some friends in the industry, but I am pretty sure (and don't take my word for it), the Leafs asked about Jost before Kerfoot.

Come on man, you just said you basically have seen Jost for 2 games of 82... and you're trying to argue with someone who watches him in preseason to playoffs.. I'm sure that they did ask for jost over kerfoot but jost is 4 years younger and has a higher ceiling.. I was very happy to see kerfoot go, he didnt fit in colorados top 6, they upgraded with burakovsky and donskoi, they then tried to convert jost to a top 6 winger but he couldnt outplay the 2 previously mentioned guys, then landy burakovsky and rantanen go down and he still cant stay in the top 6. They brought in bellemare to play 4c and even he beat jost out for the 3c spot
Jan. 30, 2020 at 6:02 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
That's an entirely fair package for Rakell in isolation, but I think Anaheim management is only going to trade Rakell for immediate defensive help -- specifically, an RhD. They would counter with a Kase-for-Timmons idea.
macca2119 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 8:34 a.m.
Macca

I don't think of myself as hell-bent to trade Jost. I certainly would not want to see him traded for a rental (I think CapFriendly should AUTO BAN any more Jost for Kreider trades). I also don't quite see his place on this team. He is slightly miscast on this team. He is playing 3rd/4th line mins, does not contribute to the special teams, will not crack the top six, cannot seem to play wing. I love the guys effort but the Avs have some C depth (I sincerely think Bowers is the 3C next year). I think moving Jost for a slightly older top 9 W with term is not giving up on him, but rather finding a better fit for what the teams needs are. Finally, picks/Beaucage is not giving up on the future...esp if you are getting a good player with Term. That is a trade that helps now..and for the next couple of years until the team resets around Mack & Makars contracts.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 11:09 a.m.
GloryDaysAreBack

Is Nieto just not an effective player? I've always liked him but he also did score two SHG against the flames in the playoffs and that drove his stock up for me. Even though he's not the best producer in general I thought he was an effective bottom 6 FWD, especially in the playoffs. Has his play just dropped off?
Jan. 31, 2020 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: BlastnyFromThePastny
Is Nieto just not an effective player? I've always liked him but he also did score two SHG against the flames in the playoffs and that drove his stock up for me. Even though he's not the best producer in general I thought he was an effective bottom 6 FWD, especially in the playoffs. Has his play just dropped off?

Well if you looked at that roster who would you play neito over?
Jan. 31, 2020 at 12:38 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Well if you looked at that roster who would you play neito over?

Actually that is tricky, possibly Nich but after the way he's been playing, especially during his scoring burst, I may take him over Nieto. Nichushkin also has a pretty decently physical game. Something we didn't get when we were trying out Yakupov.
JeffW liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll