Published: Jan. 31, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
ANA
  1. Addison, Calen
  2. 2020 1st round pick (PIT)
  3. 2021 3rd round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
2021 3rd Conditions: Becomes 2nd if Pens make SCF this year or next; Becomes 1st if Pens win cup this year or next
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,303,514$132,500$3,700,000$7,196,486
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$833,750$833,750
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 31, 2020 at 9:49 a.m.
Would love Rakell, and would definitely be willing to give up that package for him. I wonder how Ducks fans would feel about this trade? Certainly a roster player could be thrown in as well (i.e. Galchenyuk or Bjugstad) and the Ducks could flip them for assets at the deadline as well.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 9:55 a.m.
I want mcdavid frown
Jan. 31, 2020 at 9:55 a.m.
Subbanator
You would be adding another 1st or Poulin. Rakell would be really good in Pittaburgh, you're getting a 55-60 point player making under $4 million a year, that contracts a steal so his trade value is significantly higher.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 9:58 a.m.
Quoting: Letsgopens67
Would love Rakell, and would definitely be willing to give up that package for him. I wonder how Ducks fans would feel about this trade? Certainly a roster player could be thrown in as well (i.e. Galchenyuk or Bjugstad) and the Ducks could flip them for assets at the deadline as well.

For sure. From what I've seen others say those 2 would have negative value to the Ducks so I kept it as pure futures. I have to assume Galchenyuk gets moved at some point. I'm not sure for what, but when Kahun comes back I wouldn't have him in the top 12 with how he's been compared to everyone else.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:10 a.m.
bigZ
Quoting: Subbanator7667
You would be adding another 1st or Poulin. Rakell would be really good in Pittaburgh, you're getting a 55-60 point player making under $4 million a year, that contracts a steal so his trade value is significantly higher.

Lets calm down, adding addison and 2 firsts? If you are trading players you have to ask for something the other team can give./ No team will ever trade two firsts in the same trade
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:14 a.m.
jimmmyg
Quoting: bigZ98
Lets calm down, adding addison and 2 firsts? If you are trading players you have to ask for something the other team can give./ No team will ever trade two firsts in the same trade

Mark Stone didn't even get that much lmaoooo
bigZ98 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:17 a.m.
Quoting: jimmmyg
Mark Stone didn't even get that much lmaoooo

Stone wasn't signed to a great contract and is probably the better player, but I'm still in agreement with you and bigZ. I'm just expecting that the be the counter argument. I think the conditional pick that could become a 1st if another cup comes to Pittsburgh is reasonable. I'd be willing to give up 2 1sts for another cup.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:20 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think this is very well conceived. As an Anaheim fan, I'd like to get more for Rakell (Bjorkqvist), but as a realist I think you may have got his value absolutely right. (The return for Rakell should be different from the return for Stone because the latter was a UFA and the former is signed for two more years at a great cap hit which doesn't require Pittsburgh to make any other moves to acquire him.)
Pipinghotgatorade liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:41 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think this is very well conceived. As an Anaheim fan, I'd like to get more for Rakell (Bjorkqvist), but as a realist I think you may have got his value absolutely right. (The return for Rakell should be different from the return for Stone because the latter was a UFA and the former is signed for two more years at a great cap hit which doesn't require Pittsburgh to make any other moves to acquire him.)

Do you mean Bjorkvist in addition to Addison, or in place of Addison? Addison is a much better prospect than Bjorkvist imo
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:44 a.m.
Do you mean Bjorkvist in addition to Addison, or in place of Addison? Addison is a much better prospect than Bjorkvist imo

Even in addition I would still do it. I think Rakell is worth it.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:45 a.m.
Quoting: Pipinghotgatorade
Even in addition I would still do it. I think Rakell is worth it.

I 100% agree with you there. I have a hard time conceiving how Anaheim wouldn't do it either tbh
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
I 100% agree with you there. I have a hard time conceiving how Anaheim wouldn't do it either tbh

Time to call up GMJR. I'm getting antsy waiting for some kind of trade. There's too many rumors going around.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:50 a.m.
Time to call up GMJR. I'm getting antsy waiting for some kind of trade. There's too many rumors going around.

Haha same. Deadline is 3 weeks from Monday, but GMJR normally swings something before that, so hopefully we see something over the next week or 2! I do feel like Rakell is a pipe dream, but damn would he be sweet on the pens...
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:53 a.m.
Haha same. Deadline is 3 weeks from Monday, but GMJR normally swings something before that, so hopefully we see something over the next week or 2! I do feel like Rakell is a pipe dream, but damn would he be sweet on the pens...

Agreed. I'm assuming it'll end up being Zucker just because of how long they've been linked and JR seems fixated on bringing him in. Which I'm not against. I think he'd be a good fit too. But I was Rakell so much more.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
Agreed. I'm assuming it'll end up being Zucker just because of how long they've been linked and JR seems fixated on bringing him in. Which I'm not against. I think he'd be a good fit too. But I was Rakell so much more.

Oh for sure, I mean it could be that GMJR is holding out for a bigger fish (like a Rakell) before trading for anyone else. Time will tell, let's just hope the injuries subside...
Jan. 31, 2020 at 11:05 a.m.
Oh for sure, I mean it could be that GMJR is holding out for a bigger fish (like a Rakell) before trading for anyone else. Time will tell, let's just hope the injuries subside...

You are lying to yourself. You are lying to yourself, and to all of us, if you pretend to believe the injuries will subside. Perhaps you think the worst is over, but... hmph, you're not so naive. You are lying to yourself, ah... yes...

You are lying to yourself, Letsgopens67. You know that the injuries will never end... somewhere, deep down, you know this. You don't even need to think the question
Letsgopens67 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 11:07 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

I meant Bjorkqvist in addition to Addison.
Letsgopens67 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 11:09 a.m.
I meant Bjorkqvist in addition to Addison.

Gotcha - yeah I would still do it if I'm the pens
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 11:38 a.m.
Banned

Vegas knew Stone was getting a multi year deal though. So I don't think the contract is really the issue.
I think stone is a fair comparable. I too would do Addison and a 1st for him. But they have to figure out their cap. Which means they have to take Galchenyuk out the door.
It's the only way to make the cap work this year as far as bonus.

I have to be honest. I think tonight the plan is to showcase Angelo.
They were very specific in the guys they brought up.
Angelo has been a really solid player. He's developed well. I had thought this summer and last year he'd be a 4th liner by this year. And he's kind of there. He has a lot of room to grow.

I think he's the sort of "extra piece" in a trade deal. For who ever it is they are trading for.
Which kind of kills the twin tower line of Angelo and Nikita I have been hoping for the last 2 years.
But if it gets a guy like Rakell it's worth it.
In general though I don't think they want to trade Addison. I really think they have him penciled in on the 3RD for next year. They will shelter the hell out of him with Letang and Marino taking the hard defensive minutes and let him be used like Schultz is mainly in the Ozone.

For cap reasons I think that's where they are headed. He's a better option than anything else they are going to find in FA that they can afford.
So my guess is if they do trade with ANA, they will send a winger prospect a 1st or 2nd and Angelo and probably chucky for cap reasons.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 11:42 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
Vegas knew Stone was getting a multi year deal though. So I don't think the contract is really the issue.
I think stone is a fair comparable. I too would do Addison and a 1st for him. But they have to figure out their cap. Which means they have to take Galchenyuk out the door.

Angelo has been a really solid player. He's developed well. I had thought this summer and last year he'd be a 4th liner by this year. And he's kind of there. He has a lot of room to grow.

I think he's the sort of "extra piece" in a trade deal. For who ever it is they are trading for.
Which kind of kills the twin tower line of Angelo and Nikita I have been hoping for the last 2 years.
In general though I don't think they want to trade Addison. I really think they have him penciled in on the 3RD for next year. They will shelter the hell out of him with Letang and Marino taking the hard defensive minutes and let him be used like Schultz is mainly in the Ozone.

For cap reasons I think that's where they are headed. He's a better option than anything else they are going to find in FA that they can afford.
So my guess is if they do trade with ANA, they will send a winger prospect a 1st or 2nd and Angelo and probably chucky for cap reasons.

Yeah I'm actually excited to see Angello tonight, I liked what I saw from him in the preseason, could easily fit on the 4th line. And even if the pens don't send back a salary to ANA, they could just as easily flip Gally or Bjugstad to some other team for a pick or something
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: pharrow

I appreciate all you've said here. As to your concluding sentence, I don't see Anaheim making any deal for Rakell (or Kase) that doesn't give them some immediate prospect of addressing the RhD weakness.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 3:04 p.m.
Banned
I appreciate all you've said here. As to your concluding sentence, I don't see Anaheim making any deal for Rakell (or Kase) that doesn't give them some immediate prospect of addressing the RhD weakness.

yeah I totally get that. The penguins really have no prospects at RHD other than Addison. And as most people know, Schultz is out the door. They are tight against the cap and even bad defense men will get a decent contract with term. I think that really puts a pause on them trading Addison.
If they actually want to improve their roster in the top 6, they can't spend tons on a RD.
Of course the other thing that could happen is Schultz goes over instead and ANA works out an extension. I'm not sure what that looks like though.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll