Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 3, 2020 at 8:33 a.m.
i dont think that gets you Martinez. also ceci isnt going anywhere because noone wants him
Feb. 3, 2020 at 8:37 a.m.
Quoting: johnston3504
i dont think that gets you Martinez. also ceci isnt going anywhere because noone wants him

Maybe that 3rd is a 2nd for Martinez beyond that price I lose all interest, your Ceci comment is troll fluff, there is interest he's playing just fine
SammyT_51 liked this.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 8:40 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex

There is interest for Ceci, more than one team as well.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 8:50 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
There is interest for Ceci, more than one team as well.

I would be thinking Winnipeg and Chicago have called regarding Ceci, both are within striking distance of a WC spot in the west and both could use a 3a/2c RHD
SammyT_51 liked this.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 8:57 a.m.
Quoting: Boomer125
I would be thinking Winnipeg and Chicago have called regarding Ceci, both are within striking distance of a WC spot in the west and both could use a 3a/2c RHD

ok well if teams have interest in ceci why did they not move him yet lilly is better IMO,
Feb. 3, 2020 at 8:59 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
ok well if teams have interest in ceci why did they not move him yet lilly is better IMO,

You want to milk the value as much as possible right? I think if they have a deal they like they would do it. Or maybe they are still talking trade.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:08 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: SammyT_51
You want to milk the value as much as possible right? I think if they have a deal they like they would do it. Or maybe they are still talking trade.

yeah, then there is reality. Where the only teams looking to bring in a rental are playoff teams. And if a playoff team wasted 4.5 mil in cap space on Ceci the fan bases would be just as PO as the TOR fan base would be if TOR wasted 4.5 mil in cap space bringing in Ceci for their cup run right?

They don't have a trade partner. He's a cap dump. No one is looking to go after Ceci and that thought is just pure BS.
TOR is actively looking for a place to dump him is the more likely scenario. If they can find a place or not is a different story. They have to make it worth it.

Much like no one is actively looking to bring in Jack Johnson from the penguins. That's just pure BS. If they are to move him it would be in the off season to a team who needs a body. Much like they did Gudbranson and Maatta earlier this season. TOR is lucky in that Ceci's contract ends. So they don't have to worry about it after this season. But no team is actively looking to bring him in. No one.
johnston3504 liked this.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Banned

Is Martinez even as good as Ceci though? This is just the old, mob says Ceci sucks so anyone is better type of thinking that sets me off. Ceci isn't a top pair defender, that is clear, however on the 3rd pair he's been pretty good. Certainly worth a roster spot when you take away his salary. What about Martinez? He's older, slower, and hasn't had much results in the past few seasons on account of his terrible skating. Why would he all of a sudden turn the clock back and become good?
johnston3504 liked this.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:24 a.m.
Banned
Maybe that 3rd is a 2nd for Martinez beyond that price I lose all interest, your Ceci comment is troll fluff, there is interest he's playing just fine

I think the trade Ceci at any cost ideal is a mistake, unless we have a smart trade for a better player coming in as well then trading Ceci makes no sense. Spending assets for a minimal upgrade or no upgrade at all is a mistake. This above, is costing a 3rd, a depth defenceman for the farm and Bracco for Martinez who isn't better than Ceci.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:25 a.m.
Banned

Lilly can't kill penalties in the big leagues. That is why Ceci is around, he's a capable bottom pair defender and is a decent PK guy. Unless you are making a bigger move to find an upgrade over Ceci, you keep him. Martinez certainly isn't an upgrade, the guy is old slow and not an upgrade over anyone.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:27 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
yeah, then there is reality. Where the only teams looking to bring in a rental are playoff teams. And if a playoff team wasted 4.5 mil in cap space on Ceci the fan bases would be just as PO as the TOR fan base would be if TOR wasted 4.5 mil in cap space bringing in Ceci for their cup run right?

They don't have a trade partner. He's a cap dump. No one is looking to go after Ceci and that thought is just pure BS.
TOR is actively looking for a place to dump him is the more likely scenario. If they can find a place or not is a different story. They have to make it worth it.

Much like no one is actively looking to bring in Jack Johnson from the penguins. That's just pure BS. If they are to move him it would be in the off season to a team who needs a body. Much like they did Gudbranson and Maatta earlier this season. TOR is lucky in that Ceci's contract ends. So they don't have to worry about it after this season. But no team is actively looking to bring him in. No one.

Jack Johnson is signed for 3 more seasons, Ceci if the books of any team in 30 games, big difference considering Ceci is better player at the moment than JJ, this whole notion that TO is desperate to get out Ceci's cap hit is total nonsense, Ceci plays everynight has fair numbers and isn't being looked at or shopped as top 4 Dman, he is being shipped as 5/6 guy which he is. It won't be a contender but a bubble team looking to add due to injury to a long-term player, that's why Ceci has a small amount of value the interested team can add with out worries about next season's cap and with out giving up valuable asset or assets. These are bubble teams with an outside chance of making a WC spot in a very disappointing western Conference.
Hence Winnipeg (big buff - cap exists next season) or Chicago (Seabrook - cap exists next season) Ceci - cap does not exist next Ceci
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Is Martinez even as good as Ceci though? This is just the old, mob says Ceci sucks so anyone is better type of thinking that sets me off. Ceci isn't a top pair defender, that is clear, however on the 3rd pair he's been pretty good. Certainly worth a roster spot when you take away his salary. What about Martinez? He's older, slower, and hasn't had much results in the past few seasons on account of his terrible skating. Why would he all of a sudden turn the clock back and become good?

I believe Martinez is better than Ceci, he can also play both sides and play up and down the top 6 pretty much anywhere to cover injury, has familiarity with Muzzin which in theory would make the transition easier and less time to get comfortable. IMO
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:34 a.m.
Banned
I believe Martinez is better than Ceci, he can also play both sides and play up and down the top 6 pretty much anywhere to cover injury, has familiarity with Muzzin which in theory would make the transition easier and less time to get comfortable. IMO

What proof is there of this? He gets wrecked often in LA, because the team is slow and can't move the puck well. How is that going to translate in TO's system? Martinez is spent, someone else will spend assets to get him and be disappointed. Hopefully one of Tampa or Boston, so our speed can expose how slow he come playoff time.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:40 a.m.
What proof is there of this? He gets wrecked often in LA, because the team is slow and can't move the puck well. How is that going to translate in TO's system? Martinez is spent, someone else will spend assets to get him and be disappointed. Hopefully one of Tampa or Boston, so our speed can expose how slow he come playoff time.

I'm merely looking at options that do not cost Kap or Johnsson or Kerfoot, look frankly I couldn't care less if we keep Ceci or don't or if we make a small acquisition or a massive acquisition. TBH I don't see a top 4 D man falling into the Leafs now or at the deadline, that's an offseason move
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:44 a.m.
Banned
I'm merely looking at options that do not cost Kap or Johnsson or Kerfoot, look frankly I couldn't care less if we keep Ceci or don't or if we make a small acquisition or a massive acquisition. TBH I don't see a top 4 D man falling into the Leafs now or at the deadline, that's an offseason move

It happens when Rielly comes back.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:51 a.m.
It happens when Rielly comes back.

Rielly won't be back till well after the TDL - he's a mid march return
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:55 a.m.

Because they have no intention of just ridding themselves of Ceci, he's playing fine, Leafs have injuries to worry about and complete honesty Lilly is not ready for the NHL let alone the heavier grind that is the back 30 and playoffs - let's not forget that Ceci has a fair amount of playoff hockey under his belt playing 16-20 mins a night in Ottawa and at no time did he look terrible or out of place in that run
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:58 a.m.
Banned
Rielly won't be back till well after the TDL - he's a mid march return

So perhaps making a move isn't needed. Unless we are getting a big improvement on the right side, I think making no moves is the best route. We don't need any help with depth, if we can get an upgrade on the right side that can actually play top minutes with Rielly, then pull the trigger but anything short of that is a waste of assets.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 9:59 a.m.
Banned
Jack Johnson is signed for 3 more seasons, Ceci if the books of any team in 30 games, big difference considering Ceci is better player at the moment than JJ, this whole notion that TO is desperate to get out Ceci's cap hit is total nonsense, Ceci plays everynight has fair numbers and isn't being looked at or shopped as top 4 Dman, he is being shipped as 5/6 guy which he is. It won't be a contender but a bubble team looking to add due to injury to a long-term player, that's why Ceci has a small amount of value the interested team can add with out worries about next season's cap and with out giving up valuable asset or assets. These are bubble teams with an outside chance of making a WC spot in a very disappointing western Conference.
Hence Winnipeg (big buff - cap exists next season) or Chicago (Seabrook - cap exists next season) Ceci - cap does not exist next Ceci

no Ceci is not a better defense man than JJ. That is as bogus as anyone trading for him.
you keep trying to justify it. No team is looking to trade for Ceci. TOR is looking to dump him. That's what it comes down to. Let us know when you are joining the rest of us in reality.
If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be like. No way in hell are we taking Ceci. So stop trying to act like other teams are just going to take this and it will be helpful. It won't.
It's not the beginning of the season where teams have no defense and they need someone to come in. The penguins unloaded both Maatta and Gudbranson that way.
Because they were serviceable. They weren't all stars but neither team needed an all star they needed help for a long season. Just ask ANA they were happy with Guddy.
JJ if he's ever moved will be the same way. But lets not pretend anyone is actively out there looking in the playoffs for Ceci or JJ. They aren't. That's some fantasy land crap you tell yourself next to Bracco gets you a serviceable starting player.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 10:40 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
no Ceci is not a better defense man than JJ. That is as bogus as anyone trading for him.
you keep trying to justify it. No team is looking to trade for Ceci. TOR is looking to dump him. That's what it comes down to. Let us know when you are joining the rest of us in reality.
If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be like. No way in hell are we taking Ceci. So stop trying to act like other teams are just going to take this and it will be helpful. It won't.
It's not the beginning of the season where teams have no defense and they need someone to come in. The penguins unloaded both Maatta and Gudbranson that way.
Because they were serviceable. They weren't all stars but neither team needed an all star they needed help for a long season. Just ask ANA they were happy with Guddy.
JJ if he's ever moved will be the same way. But lets not pretend anyone is actively out there looking in the playoffs for Ceci or JJ. They aren't. That's some fantasy land crap you tell yourself next to Bracco gets you a serviceable starting player.

Ok Pharrow , good chat
Feb. 4, 2020 at 7:52 a.m.

oh i agree with you but i think they want more for him and i wouldnt mind ceci coming back in a bottom pair role next season at league min. i also dont want martinez either i dont think he fixes anything.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll