SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

I do not think any of Lebruns suggestions come true

Feb. 3, 2020 at 12:34 p.m.
They might be close, but I think each trade would come out a little differently than he proposed. Just my guess though.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
Can you post all the trades he mentioned? I have seen a few on here, but not all 6. Thank you! smile
Feb. 3, 2020 at 12:37 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..
For sure. But, he does have ground to stand on being an insider and all... They aren't ludicrous by any stretch. But, most trades, if they do happen will look similar to what he's proposing here.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 12:37 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..
Quoting: LetsTalkNHL
Can you post all the trades he mentioned? I have seen a few on here, but not all 6. Thank you! smile

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tradecentre-mapping-out-potential-nhl-deadline-deals-1.1436992
LetsTalkNHL liked this.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: LetsTalkNHL

- NYR and STL: Kreider for Kyrou and 2020 1st
- LA and CAL: Toffoli for 2020 2nd, Ruzicka, and 2021 conditional 4th
- OTT and NYI: Pageau and Hainsey for conditional 2020 2nd, conditional 2021 3rd, Kieffer Bellows
- NJ and CAR: Vatanen for 2020 2nd
- ANH and BOS: Kase for Oskar Steen and 2020 3rd
- LA and COL: Martinez for 2021 2nd and Sampo Ranta

I think the closest he got was the Vatanen trade, but the others I think are a little off.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 12:41 p.m.
Quoting: Green4D4Again
For sure. But, he does have ground to stand on being an insider and all... They aren't ludicrous by any stretch. But, most trades, if they do happen will look similar to what he's proposing here.

Mostly similar, I agree. But some are a little too much or too little and I think an asset or two could be added or removed to most of the trades.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 12:44 p.m.
... We're a "Team"..
Quoting: rja
Mostly similar, I agree. But some are a little too much or too little and I think an asset or two could be added or removed to most of the trades.

Oh for sure. I think the Pageau trade is pretty realistic. If it happens, I think both teams will be happy.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
Quoting: Green4D4Again
Oh for sure. I think the Pageau trade is pretty realistic. If it happens, I think both teams will be happy.

I think it'd be with the 2020 conditional 2nd, but either Bellows or the conditional 2021 3rd, not both.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 8:28 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
The likelihood of any of those trades happening exactly are very, very slim. The point he was making with the article is where the fits are, what the acquisition cost should be and why it makes sense for both sides.
Feb. 3, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
The likelihood of any of those trades happening exactly are very, very slim. The point he was making with the article is where the fits are, what the acquisition cost should be and why it makes sense for both sides.

I am aware; I just think he added or left out an asset for certain trades that I just see playing out differently, that's all.
Feb. 4, 2020 at 10:25 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: rja
- NYR and STL: Kreider for Kyrou and 2020 1st
- LA and CAL: Toffoli for 2020 2nd, Ruzicka, and 2021 conditional 4th
- OTT and NYI: Pageau and Hainsey for conditional 2020 2nd, conditional 2021 3rd, Kieffer Bellows
- NJ and CAR: Vatanen for 2020 2nd
- ANH and BOS: Kase for Oskar Steen and 2020 3rd
- LA and COL: Martinez for 2021 2nd and Sampo Ranta

I think the closest he got was the Vatanen trade, but the others I think are a little off.

I’ll break them down IMO:

STL/NYR- Wayyyyy too much for Krieder. Next
LA/CGY- Fair value, but I don’t see Calgary going for
NYI/OTT- I’m an isles fan, and I would hate this, wayyyy too much for 2 rentals. I’d love Pageau, not at this price
NJD/CAR- I could definitely see this, very realistic, although in the real deal the Canes might have to add a small piece
ANA/BOS- Definitely not enough for Kase, Ducks fans especially, would absolutely loathe this deal, not gonna happen
LAK/COL- I could see it, I don’t see anything wrong
Feb. 4, 2020 at 11:25 a.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I’ll break them down IMO:

STL/NYR- Wayyyyy too much for Krieder. Next
LA/CGY- Fair value, but I don’t see Calgary going for
NYI/OTT- I’m an isles fan, and I would hate this, wayyyy too much for 2 rentals. I’d love Pageau, not at this price
NJD/CAR- I could definitely see this, very realistic, although in the real deal the Canes might have to add a small piece
ANA/BOS- Definitely not enough for Kase, Ducks fans especially, would absolutely loathe this deal, not gonna happen
LAK/COL- I could see it, I don’t see anything wrong

- I do not think it's WAY too much for kreider, but it is a little too much. Thinking 1) a first 2) a B prospect or conditional pick and 3) someone who they need to move for cap purposes (ex. Sanford)
- I think it'd be a 2020 2nd and 2021 3rd for Toffoli
- I think take out Hainsey and Bellows and it's a fair deal (the 2nd is conditional and becomes a first if Isles win 2 playoff rounds and the 3rd is conditional upon re-sign like Zuccarello)
- I think the Vatanen deal is the closest, maybe another mid round pick.
- Kase is interesting, because he offensive stats aren't going to blow you out of the water, but he's a solid forward. Think the Ducks will hold on another year before dealing him.
- I just think it will cost more for Martinez because he has another year left. And I do not think the Avs are the team that will deal for him; they have enough depth to get them there and going forward. I think it'd be WPG who makes a move for him.
AndrewLadd liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll