SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Oilers Fans

Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 3, 2020
Published: Feb. 3, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Curious about what you think it costs for the Leafs to get Ethan Bear from you guys?
Trades
EDM
    ???
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CBJ
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    27$81,500,000$95,086,310$0$90,000-$13,586,310
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 4
    $11,634,000$11,634,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $10,893,000$10,893,000
    RW
    UFA - 6
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 5
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 4
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C, RW
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $675,000$675,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $675,000$675,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 2:14 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    I'm curious too. (See my contemporaneous post about a Toronto-Edmonton trade.) Thanks for asking!
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
    The Spawn is back
    Hard to say since I think the Oil will exhaust all avenues of finding a good fit for Larsson in a trade before ever trading Bear. Also, being an RFA, and playing very well but not at any kind of definitive top 2 or 3 d-man level yet, his next contract could end up being a steal if the Oilers sign him for 4 years or so.

Long story short, if Holland really liked one of Kapanen or Johnsson, I'd think a 1 for 1 is what he'd look for. Other than that, I don't see why Holland would be interested. Bear is in a great sport for the Oilers to benefit from him cap wise and position wise.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
    Quoting: oilsince95
    Hard to say since I think the Oil will exhaust all avenues of finding a good fit for Larsson in a trade before ever trading Bear. Also, being an RFA, and playing very well but not at any kind of definitive top 2 or 3 d-man level yet, his next contract could end up being a steal if the Oilers sign him for 4 years or so.

Long story short, if Holland really liked one of Kapanen or Johnsson, I'd think a 1 for 1 is what he'd look for. Other than that, I don't see why Holland would be interested. Bear is in a great sport for the Oilers to benefit from him cap wise and position wise.

Unless there is a trade out there that is a package for a sure thing stud d-man for the Leafs, I'd be open to that trade. Maybe not Kapanen because he not only has the higher upside of the two but he has 2 more years and is then still an RFA, but Johnsson I would definitely consider. I also think Bear has the potential to be a steal on his next contract. Very solid year from him.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 3:39 p.m.
    EclipzeEDM
    Quoting: oilsince95

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
    Unless there is a trade out there that is a package for a sure thing stud d-man for the Leafs, I'd be open to that trade. Maybe not Kapanen because he not only has the higher upside of the two but he has 2 more years and is then still an RFA, but Johnsson I would definitely consider. I also think Bear has the potential to be a steal on his next contract. Very solid year from him.

If Holland trades Bear for AJ or Kapanen we might as well start calling him Chiarelli. Bear is a 22 year old RHD smooth puck moving Dman who has played top 4 all year. He played in the top pairing while Larsson was injured. You don’t trade that kind of player for a 3rd line winger.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 4:01 p.m.
    Quoting: Eclipze
    If Holland trades Bear for AJ or Kapanen we might as well start calling him Chiarelli. Bear is a 22 year old RHD smooth puck moving Dman who has played top 4 all year. He played in the top pairing while Larsson was injured. You don’t trade that kind of player for a 3rd line winger.

Yeah, he's been good. But you've gotta give something to get something. Bear has had a very solid year (and will hopefully have many more), but it's one year, in which he ranks in the 100th percentile of teammate quality. The Oilers desperately need wingers and both Johnsson and Kapanen could easily play in the top six of most teams, especially EDM. They are 40-50 point guys, while playing limited minutes and almost no PP time. Not to mention both are cost controlled. To compare a trade built around this to a Chiarelli move is a huge exaggeration.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 4:07 p.m.

He's played top-pairing since the Larsson injury in game 1, but he hasn't stopped playing top-pairing since Larsson came back, either. He's still the Oilers #1 defenseman in terms of quality of comp. Nurse, his partner, is 2nd. They're also 1-2 in TOI at 5v5 - Klefbom only has higher total TOI because he gets more special teams minutes. The Nurse-Bear pairing does the heavy lifting.
    Eclipze liked this.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 4:07 p.m.
    Yeah, he's been good. But you've gotta give something to get something. Bear has had a very solid year (and will hopefully have many more), but it's one year, in which he ranks in the 100th percentile of teammate quality. The Oilers desperately need wingers and both Johnsson and Kapanen could easily play in the top six of most teams, especially EDM. They are 40-50 point guys, while playing limited minutes and almost no PP time. Not to mention both are cost controlled. To compare a trade built around this to a Chiarelli move is a huge exaggeration.

Edmonton is better off getting some wingers in free agency, there's no need to trade good young defensemen.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.
    EclipzeEDM

You’re right you gotta give to get. Toronto fans seem to forget that. AJ isn’t event at .500 points per game and he’s had a lot of time playing in the top 6 in Toronto. And Kapanen is slightly better on pace for 45 points. Neither is worth a 22 year old top 4 RHD who’s on pace for 25 points also with little to no PP time. If I’m Edmonton I would wait until we see how Benson plays and see if he can fit in like Yamamoto in our top 6. If anything I would think about a Benning for AJ deal since we need some LW help but definitely not Bear.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 4:15 p.m.
    EclipzeEDM
    Quoting: CD282
    He's played top-pairing since the Larsson injury in game 1, but he hasn't stopped playing top-pairing since Larsson came back, either. He's still the Oilers #1 defenseman in terms of quality of comp. Nurse, his partner, is 2nd. They're also 1-2 in TOI at 5v5 - Klefbom only has higher total TOI because he gets more special teams minutes. The Nurse-Bear pairing does the heavy lifting.

Klefbom and Larsson are usually the one to go against opposition top lines but Bear and Nurse are definitely the better pairing when it comes to offensive play.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 4:31 p.m.
    You’re right you gotta give to get. Toronto fans seem to forget that. AJ isn’t event at .500 points per game and he’s had a lot of time playing in the top 6 in Toronto. And Kapanen is slightly better on pace for 45 points. Neither is worth a 22 year old top 4 RHD who’s on pace for 25 points also with little to no PP time. If I’m Edmonton I would wait until we see how Benson plays and see if he can fit in like Yamamoto in our top 6. If anything I would think about a Benning for AJ deal since we need some LW help but definitely not Bear.

The whole point of this was to get opinions on what it would take to make a trade work for Bear, so how about suggesting something rather than ****ting on someone else's idea
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
    Klefbom and Larsson are usually the one to go against opposition top lines but Bear and Nurse are definitely the better pairing when it comes to offensive play.

Bear and Nurse are 1-2 Oilers defensemen against the toughest comp.
    Eclipze liked this.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 5:48 p.m.
    EclipzeEDM
    The whole point of this was to get opinions on what it would take to make a trade work for Bear, so how about suggesting something rather than ****ting on someone else's idea

I wasn’t ****ting on your idea only stating the obvious. You don’t trade a player like bear for a 3rd line winger. And I did give an idea I said Benning instead of bear. But if you really want bear it would probably be a deal that Holland simply couldn’t walk away from. So Nylander. And have Edmonton add JP and a 2nd pick. But Toronto would never do that which is very obvious, thats why I didn’t say it originally.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
    I wasn’t ****ting on your idea only stating the obvious. You don’t trade a player like bear for a 3rd line winger. And I did give an idea I said Benning instead of bear. But if you really want bear it would probably be a deal that Holland simply couldn’t walk away from. So Nylander. And have Edmonton add JP and a 2nd pick. But Toronto would never do that which is very obvious, thats why I didn’t say it originally.

It wasn't my idea, someone else in the comments suggested it, and you were making it out like it was god awful comparing it to a Chiarelli deal. Sure, maybe a 1-for-1 wouldn't work, but that could form the basis of a trade.
    Feb. 3, 2020 at 6:21 p.m.
    EclipzeEDM
    It wasn't my idea, someone else in the comments suggested it, and you were making it out like it was god awful comparing it to a Chiarelli deal. Sure, maybe a 1-for-1 wouldn't work, but that could form the basis of a trade.

Because it is an auful trade. You DO NOT trade a player like Bear for a 3rd liner period. Robertson is the best asset that Toronto could add to try and entice Edmonton but even still who knows how he would play in the NHL. You know what you get with Bear he’s proven his worth in the NHL all year and has put the time in in the AHL developing.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll