SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

What is Mantha's trade value?

Feb. 5, 2020 at 4:21 p.m.
Just curious to get everyone's opinion here. I'm a big Wings fan and a huge Mantha fan but at the same time I really do think trading him can help their rebuild. If they find the right trade partner and Mantha has a great finish to this year or a great full season next year what sort of return could the Wings look for?

I would think it would have to be at least 2 premium assets (Young NHL ready player, high pick, blue chip prospect). As a Wings fan right now all we can really do is think about the future to distract ourselves from this season hahah

Let me know what you think
Feb. 5, 2020 at 9:14 p.m.
I commented before he isn’t anywhere near the player you think he is, and he has a bit of injury history. Realistically imo he’d fetch a 1st (not lottery) a good prospect (not a teams top prospect) and either a conditional pick or lower tier prospect. For comparison Joran Eberle has a higher PPG output and has been healthier. Would you trade a top 10 pick and your #1 prospect for him?
Feb. 6, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
Eberle is not a good comparison in my opinion being 4 years older. But I guess I see what you're saying, though I still disagree with your value of Mantha I might be shooting too high. If he has a full season next year and puts up 35+ goals and 70 points being 26 I think he could quite easily get a high pick and high end prospect. I'll admit that is a big "if" considering is injury history and being on the Wings who are awful.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll