$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 5
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
RW
RFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 3
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$2,150,000$2,150,000
RD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 5, 2020 at 5:49 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
MTL doesnt want Nurse especially at that price
Feb. 5, 2020 at 5:53 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Can I just point out how nice it is for this to be happening, and not to the Leafs for once?
I am not sure what is going on but I read in 31 thoughts that he wants 8aav. From personal experience Nurse will likely sign a ~6@6.5-7 based on his ask, so keep that in mind.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 5:53 p.m.
GM Game v1 v2
Quoting: math731

We don't know what MTL wants. The deal is very roughly fair value and fits both team's needs. Now it just depends on how MB values each player.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute

Nurse would be the best LD in Montreal and it wouldn't be remotely close.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 5:56 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
Quoting: Random2152
Can I just point out how nice it is for this to be happening, and not to the Leafs for once?
I am not sure what is going on but I read in 31 thoughts that he wants 8aav. From personal experience Nurse will likely sign a ~6@6.5-7 based on his ask, so keep that in mind.

Well, its kinda different Nurse can ask for whatever he wants and Holland will trade his ass if its more than 6. Not like in Toronto where that GM has caved to the demands of literally every one of Nylander Marner and Matthews.
CheeseFees liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:01 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Dwight_Schrute
Well, its kinda different Nurse can ask for whatever he wants and Holland will trade his ass if its more than 6. Not like in Toronto where that GM has caved to the demands of literally every one of Nylander Marner and Matthews.

Lol. Nylander wanted 8.5 and got under 7 after the longest holdout in the cap era and you call that caving? (And remeber your overpay to Drai is what caused that ask).
Matthews is in line with historical comparables (Eichel is the outlier)
Marner was overpaid by 2 million.

Whereas your team paid Lucic 6 million, paid Koskinen way too much for way too long based on **** results and overpaid (and over-termed Kassian).
Im not sure you can talk **** here bud.

Lmao what
Former Hockey Fan
Just to make it clear:
WE DON’T NEED NURSE
We need Drouin more than we need Nurse. And we aren’t giving up a cheap, cost-controlled forward for a RFA defenseman.
math731 liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
I think if he says he wants 8M that means he knows he'll end up around 6-7M with negotiation. Frankly if he was willing to do 6-6.5M, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

For those complaining about it being too much, just remember Habs generally have to overpay more than non Canadian teams. It just is what it is. I'm ok with overpaying if its on good young players in their prime. NOT in players leaving theirs.

For example: Petry will be 33 when his new contract starts and MB looks like he wants to sign him to either an identical contract to what he has now or even a slightly higher increase with slightly less term based on his age.

Your choice MTL fans:

33 year old Petry for anywhere from 6M-7.5M for 3-4 years. Will be almost 38 when contract ends.
or
25 year old Nurse for anywhere from 6M-8M for 6-7 years. will be in early 30's when contract ends.

To me that choice is painstakingly easy to make. (Not saying it has to be Nurse or Petry - just the 33 year old vs the 25 year old argument)
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
Lol. Nylander wanted 8.5 and got under 7 after the longest holdout in the cap era and you call that caving? (And remeber your overpay to Drai is what caused that ask).
Matthews is in line with historical comparables (Eichel is the outlier)
Marner was overpaid by 2 million.

Whereas your team paid Lucic 6 million, paid Koskinen way too much for way too long based on **** results and overpaid (and over-termed Kassian).
Im not sure you can talk **** here bud.

I don't care how long Nylander held out for he shouldn't even be sniffing a 7 mil salary.

Mathews is both overpaid and his agent defiled Dubas on the term so youre either going to lose him or have to make him the highest paid player in hockey history and **** your already ****ed cap situation even more.

Marner is overpaid and will also be heading to free agency two years earlier than he should be for what you paid him.

You lost all creditability when you called the league's leading scorer overpaid lol. Tell yourself whatever you want and go back to the circle jerk of Tavares sleeping in his pajamas and you can sip the koolaid they hand out to help you convince yourselves Dubas is good at his job, but you just embarrassed yourself pretty damn bad "bud"
CheeseFees liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Just to make it clear:
WE DON’T NEED NURSE
We need Drouin more than we need Nurse. And we aren’t giving up a cheap, cost-controlled forward for a RFA defenseman.

You have some guys that can score your blue line is trash bag awful and your goaltending is taking a nose dive. Nurse would be your second best D and best LHD and it wouldn't even be remotely close.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:10 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I don't care how long Nylander held out for he shouldn't even be sniffing a 7 mil salary.

Mathews is both overpaid and his agent defiled Dubas on the term so youre either going to lose him or have to make him the highest paid player in hockey history and **** your already ****ed cap situation even more.

Marner is overpaid and will also be heading to free agency two years earlier than he should be for what you paid him.

You lost all creditability when you called the league's leading scorer overpaid lol. Tell yourself whatever you want and go back to the circle jerk of Tavares sleeping in his pajamas and you can sip the koolaid they hand out to help you convince yourselves Dubas is good at his job, but you just embarrassed yourself pretty damn bad "bud"

This is.. wow. You are well beyond saving. I pitty you.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:12 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
This is.. wow. You are well beyond saving. I pitty you.

Uhohhh someone lost an argument, quick! lets make personal attacks before they realize we have no counterpoints !
CheeseFees liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Uhohhh someone lost an argument, quick! lets make personal attacks before they realize we have no counterpoints !

Oh I have plenty of counterpoints, but what you said was so stupid, so vapid, so without Merritt that there is no point wasting my time with you. Good day.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:29 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
Oh I have plenty of counterpoints, but what you said was so stupid, so vapid, so without Merritt that there is no point wasting my time with you. Good day.

Lol ok whatever you say man. Like I said go back to the hive mind and tell yourself that you’re not cheering for a franchise doomed to a fiery death of mediocrity in cap hell
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:40 p.m.
Oilers Fan: Nurse is top pair D man
Nurse: it's 8 million or piss off
Oiler Fan: F you Nurse your not worth top pair money (but you're a top pair d man in trade value) but screw you Nurse
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Grierless Sharks Fan
It's just negotiation nonsense I think. I wouldn't look too much into the 8m/year.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:43 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
Quoting: Boomer125
Oilers Fan: Nurse is top pair D man
Nurse: it's 8 million or piss off
Oiler Fan: F you Nurse your not worth top pair money (but you're a top pair d man in trade value) but screw you Nurse

I have never claimed Nurse is a top pair D man. He’s a high end 2nd pair guy that can have nights where he looks like the best D man on the ice. He’s trying to get paid for those nights which only come 5-10 times a year as if they’re the norm. What he is most nights is a 5.5-6.25mil anchor of the 2nd pair D
Feb. 5, 2020 at 6:45 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
Quoting: goodfella
It's just negotiation nonsense I think. I wouldn't look too much into the 8m/year.

I personally don’t think Nurse’s value will ever be higher than it is now so it’s a good time to move him regardless of what he wants unless he’s going to take a below market deal:
Feb. 5, 2020 at 8:12 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
You have some guys that can score your blue line is trash bag awful and your goaltending is taking a nose dive. Nurse would be your second best D and best LHD and it wouldn't even be remotely close.

The Leafs fan calls the habs D bad. LOL
Nurse would probably be our 3rd best defenseman and our best LHD, but that doesn’t mean we need him. Montreal doesn’t need to win immediately, and the future left side of the defense is already full, with Chiarot, Mete, Kulak, potentially Scandella, Romanov and later on Norlinder, Harris, and Struble.
Next time think for even a small time about the team(s) you’re talking about before blurting out something stupid.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
Nurse is 25 years old and still improving, Chiarot, Mete, Kulak, and Scandella do not and will never compare to him. It’s insane to bank on prospects that nobody outside of Montreal has heard of. Nurse is better than Petry but even if we’re pretending he’s not you’re losing Petry this summer anyway and you don’t have a left D worthy of taping Darnells stick.

Next time, think for even a small time about the player(s) you’re talking about before typing out something stupid.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 8:17 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
The Leafs fan calls the habs D bad. LOL
Nurse would probably be our 3rd best defenseman and our best LHD, but that doesn’t mean we need him. Montreal doesn’t need to win immediately, and the future left side of the defense is already full, with Chiarot, Mete, Kulak, potentially Scandella, Romanov and later on Norlinder, Harris, and Struble.
Next time think for even a small time about the team(s) you’re talking about before blurting out something stupid.

Nurse is 25 years old and still improving, Chiarot, Mete, Kulak, and Scandella do not and will never compare to him. It’s insane to bank on prospects that nobody outside of Montreal has heard of. Nurse is better than Petry but even if we’re pretending he’s not you’re losing Petry this summer anyway and you don’t have a left D worthy of taping Darnells stick.

Next time, think for even a small time about the player(s) you’re talking about before typing out something stupid.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 8:31 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

I’ll give you a small pass, because maybe you’ve never seen Romanov play, or maybe you’re so removed from hockey that you’ve never heard of him. Romanov is the real deal. I have no doubt in my mind that he will be a top pairing defenseman in short order. When he, Caufield, Poehling, Kotkaniemi, Primeau, etc. become impact players, is when the Canadiens are ready to be contenders. At that point you have Romanov in your top 4, Chiarot as a solid 2nd pairing defenseman, and Mete as a 2nd pairing D playing on the 3rd pair. And that’s not even including moving someone to make room if Norlinder/Harris have secured a spot. Again, Montreal has far more use for Drouin, who plays wing, and is an extremely valuable part of the team.
While your outsider’s POV is that Nurse would be good for the Canadiens, which of course he would. Any team would want Nurse in a vacuum. But there are other factors, especially the fact that Drouin is more useful.

Also, I have no idea what you mean about losing Petry in the summer, since his contract is up in 2021. And if Montreal does lose Petry, that’s even more incentive not to trade for Nurse, and focus on RHD.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 8:51 p.m.
Dwight_Schrute
I’ll give you a small pass, because maybe you’ve never seen Romanov play, or maybe you’re so removed from hockey that you’ve never heard of him. Romanov is the real deal. I have no doubt in my mind that he will be a top pairing defenseman in short order. When he, Caufield, Poehling, Kotkaniemi, Primeau, etc. become impact players, is when the Canadiens are ready to be contenders. At that point you have Romanov in your top 4, Chiarot as a solid 2nd pairing defenseman, and Mete as a 2nd pairing D playing on the 3rd pair. And that’s not even including moving someone to make room if Norlinder/Harris have secured a spot. Again, Montreal has far more use for Drouin, who plays wing, and is an extremely valuable part of the team.
While your outsider’s POV is that Nurse would be good for the Canadiens, which of course he would. Any team would want Nurse in a vacuum. But there are other factors, especially the fact that Drouin is more useful.

Also, I have no idea what you mean about losing Petry in the summer, since his contract is up in 2021. And if Montreal does lose Petry, that’s even more incentive not to trade for Nurse, and focus on RHD.

I’ve seen Romanov play, I didn’t mention him in my list of players you shouldn’t be counting on, he’s a good player, however pegging him to play top pair right now is a dangerous game. I also think you’re over rating Chairot quite a bit.

You listed 1 D-man a goalie and a bunch of forwards as your “next wave” however D men take longer to develop so counting on Romanov to be ready to go when the forwards are seems foolish. Nurse drastically improves the Canadiens D right now and he will still be in his prime when you say they are ready to compete.

I did make a mistake on Petry though, I thought he expired at the end of this year.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 9:14 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I’ve seen Romanov play, I didn’t mention him in my list of players you shouldn’t be counting on, he’s a good player, however pegging him to play top pair right now is a dangerous game. I also think you’re over rating Chairot quite a bit.

You listed 1 D-man a goalie and a bunch of forwards as your “next wave” however D men take longer to develop so counting on Romanov to be ready to go when the forwards are seems foolish. Nurse drastically improves the Canadiens D right now and he will still be in his prime when you say they are ready to compete.

I did make a mistake on Petry though, I thought he expired at the end of this year.

While my view on Romanov may be dangerous, I’m extremely confident in him, and for better or for worse, I’m convinced as to what he’ll be. Chiarot has been great this year, and I once thought similarly about him before I’ve watched him play. He’s underrated, and is definitely a top 4 D man.

And I don’t believe the concept that defenseman take longer to develop than forwards. While that may be the case for some of them, I don’t think Romanov will be slow to develop. IMO, he’s NHL ready now, and many other defenseman have improved rapidly at his age.

And I believe that, unless they extend Petry, if Montreal is making a large move of this ilk, it would be much more beneficial to target a RHD, because of the lack of depth at that position, in contrast to LHD.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll