SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/LAK) - Moore, 2020 3rd round pick, Conditionial 2021 3rd round pick for Campbell, Clifford

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:42 p.m.
Totally not a knee jerk decision
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:44 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
So you're going to remember this topic.

No. It's in the logs. I don't have to remember this specific topic, just go through some old trades and i'll find it.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:45 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: HabsForEver
No. It's in the logs. I don't have to remember this specific topic, just go through some old trades and i'll find it.

That's incredibly pathetic.
oneX, SpaghettiPasta, OldNYIfan and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:46 p.m.
Campbe11
Moore and some 3rd round picks is not much to give up. I watch J. Campbell play for the spitfires he was pretty good then. Anything, has to be better then Hutch...

Sorry Hutch I bet you're a cool dude and all, but you suck as a NHL goalie. Hey, AHL is still a very good league and you can earn huge money compared to the jobs most of us have. Good Luck thanks for trying.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:46 p.m.
That's incredibly pathetic.

That's your opinion to think that. However, it gives me something to back up my opinion.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:47 p.m.
Quoting: Random2152
Hmmmmmm... This could be very good. And I am not even a fan of Campbell. Fair deal.
EQEFEbxXsAAHIx7?format=png&name=900x900
EQEFEbwXYAAHwF2?format=png&name=4096x4096

When did Kyle Clifford become good? The world has turned upside down.
gregb569 and SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:51 p.m.
torontos finest
That's your opinion to think that. However, it gives me something to back up my opinion.

It's incredibly pathetic that you donate so much time, effort and memory to a hockey forum that you feel the need to go through mountains of logs to prove you're right about something nonsensical on the internet.

Please, next time you get into a spat with me, which will be in a week because all you do here is incite arguments and fights; remind me of this topic so I can just repost this.
oneX, OldNYIfan and SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:52 p.m.
Seems like a fair deal considering the Leafs' situation. Best of luck to Trevor Moore.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:53 p.m.
It's incredibly pathetic that you donate so much time, effort and memory to a hockey forum that you feel the need to go through mountains of logs to prove you're right about something nonsensical on the internet.

Please, next time you get into a spat with me, which will be in a week because all you do here is incite arguments and fights; remind me of this topic so I can just repost this.

Alright sounds good. Enjoy the L's
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:53 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
When did Kyle Clifford become good? The world has turned upside down.

Apparently for a few years now. Who knew?!
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:54 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Alright sounds good. Enjoy the L's

Would you two just STFU and hate **** already?!?
DonkeyLips liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 11:55 p.m.
torontos finest
Would you two just STFU and hate **** already?!?

make me mr analysis man
HabsForEver and SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:04 a.m.
Banned
It's not a horrible deal. It's not a great deal either.
I mean you are giving up 2 3rds for a backup and one of them will possibly be a 2nd.
You would have to think that Clifford is an upgrade over TM at that price.
Thing is, getting Clifford kind of tells me they are about to move another forward, probably for defense.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:05 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
We'll see who wins in a few years I guess.
Dubas had to do something, TO desperately needed a netminder and Clifford should help w/ lack-of-stones in the room!
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:08 a.m.
Enjoy another L grin

Quoting: Laudan
Which part of the trade you didnt understand ?

Trading a young 4th liner on a controllable contract for an old slow UFA 4th liner.

Trading 2 3rd round picks (Who knows what the conditions are) for a fringe NHL backup.

Leafs don't win this trade.

"Fringe NHL backup goalie"

Are you talking about Jack Campbell? This guy?

57 Games Played
2.51 Career GAA
0.918 Career SV%

His career GA% (goals scored relative to league average) is 0.95.
So he's been about 5% better than the average NHL goalie in his career.

"A young 4th liner on a controllable contract"

Are you talking about Trevor Moore? This guy?

LW-1 = Zach Hyman
LW-2 = Andreas Johnsson
LW-3 = Alexander Kerfoot
LW-4 = Ilya Mikheyev
LW-5 = Pierre Engvall
LW-6 = Kyle Clifford
LW-7 = Dmitro Timashov
LW-8 = Trevor Moore
LW-9 = Nicholas Petan
LW-10 = Kenny Agostino
LW-11 = Garrett Wilson
LW-12 = Mason Marchment
LW-13 = Yegor Korshkov
LW-14 = Nick Robertson

Oh man ... looks like the Leafs are gonna miss him a ton.
Especially with Robertson and Korshkov playing like studs.
And about 6 other left wingers on cost controlled contracts.

Aren't you the guy who kept saying LA would never trade Campbell ... their future starting goalie?
I guess Toronto should thank the lord that Campbell is on a long-term cost controlled contract.
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:09 a.m.
Campbe11
Trading a young 4th liner on a controllable contract for an old slow UFA 4th liner.

Trading 2 3rd round picks (Who knows what the conditions are) for a fringe NHL backup.

Leafs don't win this trade.

1) Didn't Moore start as a PTO player?
2) Clifford provide much needed grit.
3) Campbell has a better save percentage then Hutch playing on a cellar dwelling team furthermore, he has 10 wins already too.

Dubis did alright here, so did LA. Even!
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
Chiggy
This is actually a really good trade for Toronto. Clifford alone is an upgrade over Moore. Campbell has been average this year but that's much better than what they have. Plus he is signed for the next two years and fulfills the requirement that they expose a goalie in the expansion draft.

From LA's perspective, they give up an expiring fourth liner and a backup goalie for a young fourth liner and a likely 2nd and 3rd. A move that gets them a couple assets but 2nd and 3rd round picks aren't as valuable as people like to act like they are.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
Edited Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:16 a.m.
So while Clifford is here now, im repeating my other "prophecy" where Hyman and pieces will bring back the lost 2nd 2021 and a D man......( third "prophecy" is Dermott and Holl out, tho not sure they will be able to squeeze 2M 3rd Pair guy to anyone )

Kadri traded - check
Campbell ( or DeSmith acquired ) - check
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:18 a.m.
Majors and minors
Neither Toronto player has contract beyond this yr n Campbell will probably want more than league min. On the other hand, frees Moore from Toronto market n gives LA chance for 2nd round player. They still have to fix their defence and coming from an Otts fan I hope they don't.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:22 a.m.
Banned
Someone tell me how you idiots think the Kings won this trade?
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:22 a.m.
NoCupsForCanada
Came here for the comments. Was even better than I expected. Hard to find better entertainment value while sitting on the can
Blazingbat11, Joe_La_Garnotte, Juice and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:25 a.m.
Banned
Apparently for a few years now. Who knew?!

Kind of hard to know when you just talk out of your ass?! Clifford has been a great 4th liner all his career. He and Doughty are the heart and soul of the LA Kings and Blake just ripped half of it out. GREAT ****ING JOB BLAKE EXCELLENT GM!!! NOT! HE ****ING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:33 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
I was gonna say that for the circumstances the leafs are in, its as fair of a trade as they were gonna get. 3rd rd picks in general are considered minor pieces,

but man talk about a double-edge sword with that conditional 2nd rd pick. That pick would make this deal a steal for LAK imo, no way either Campbell or Clifford are worth anywhere close to that. Adding Moore to that makes it worse. but if the Leafs want any hope of making the playoffs, you kind of need Campbell to put 6 wins (which isn't that much). Better hope Anderson heals up quick!
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:38 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
It's bad because you gave up 3 future pieces and didn't even get what you truly needed.

Campbell has 58 games played in the NHL. Kapanen or Johnsson were involved in trades for a goalie that would've replaced Andersen in the long term. It's common sense.

Look through the draft board. 3rd round picks arent that valuable. Its not that often that 3rd round picks end up making the NHL.
Leafs have a log jam on their LW depth chart and Moore hasnt been anything that special since returning from injury.
oneX, SpaghettiPasta and mondo liked this.
Feb. 6, 2020 at 12:42 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
It's not a horrible deal. It's not a great deal either.
I mean you are giving up 2 3rds for a backup and one of them will possibly be a 2nd.
You would have to think that Clifford is an upgrade over TM at that price.
Thing is, getting Clifford kind of tells me they are about to move another forward, probably for defense.

Remember the days when people on here were trading Kapanen or Johnsson+ for Georgiev or Campbell or DeSmith? I'm sure I missed a few goalies there...but do you remember those ACGMs?

Wait...there were a few just hours ago.
There's a point in this post...can you figure it out or do you need spoon feeding?
Jarvis, OldNYIfan and Random2152 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit