SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

BRING BACK POST RATINGS AND IMPROVE CAPF

Feb. 9, 2020 at 1:29 p.m.
Canucks
Are you tired of seeing Bracco traded for your teams star players? Or Backes traded for your 2nd round pick!? Then this AGM is for you!

There seems to be an influx of terrible posts going around this site and its getting worse with Admin doing NOTHING about it. Id like to propose some changes or rather corrections to better this forum for everyone involved.

1. Bringing back post ratings improves everyones posts in the long run. There are way too many garbage posts on this site, if people knew they were gonna get ripped on for puking garbage they might actually put some effort in and make quality posts vs mass posting nonsense.

2. People will be less likely to flood this site with terrible posts that are a waste of time. Not only that but I can see which threads are worth looking at. Seems like all this site cares about is mass posting and web traffic, it doesnt matter if its misinformed or delusional.

3. Increase search perameters. Bring back ratings, but also increase ways we can search posts. Its easy to search for posts of my teams I follow but Id like to be able to search for posts of other teams who are trading with my team. It would help everyone become more informed and understand the stance of other teams AGMs.

4. New comers should have to post 10 times before being able to post threads. Id like it to be a higher number, 100, but you wouldnt go for it. They can create them they just cant post them until they get involved in some discussions.

5. Be harder on troll posts that flood this site. At this point there are wayyy more troll joke postings than there are actual quality ideas. Im serious, someone should be monitoring every post and deleting/ banning people who are just here to troll.

Feel free to post your ideas on how to make Cap Friendly Better!
ChiHawk, wojme and justaBoss liked this.
Feb. 9, 2020 at 1:38 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Oh my.. I remember those. Most of the people were pissed they got it away back then. Not sure how many remember those, mostly just old veterans of this site, who are here for 2+ years. Id like to have ratings with explanations tho. It was just ratings without need of explanation before that, so there were some idiots running around giving 1 star reviews on every single bloody post.
Feb. 9, 2020 at 1:38 p.m.
I agree about the ratings, but why would they want to make things less welcoming to new posters?
Tmclean64 liked this.
Feb. 9, 2020 at 1:45 p.m.
Agreed on many fronts......

Now moving this to the correct forum section.

nod laugh
Tmclean64 and ChiHawk liked this.
Feb. 9, 2020 at 1:51 p.m.
Canucks
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I agree about the ratings, but why would they want to make things less welcoming to new posters?

Youre right they wouldnt go for it as I mentioned in my post. I think having to comment in 10+ posts before you make threads is a good thing. Kinda like a bit of a tutorial and learning how to use the forum before hand. Or CAPF should make a short 5-10 min tutorial for new members that join the forum?
Feb. 9, 2020 at 1:53 p.m.
Quoting: Tmclean64
Youre right they wouldnt go for it as I mentioned in my post. I think having to comment in 10+ posts before you make threads is a good thing. Kinda like a bit of a tutorial and learning how to use the forum before hand. Or CAPF should make a short 5-10 min tutorial for new members that join the forum?

Not everyone who posts teams wants to comment on discussions/ other threads though. Some people just post them for their own sake.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Feb. 9, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Canucks
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Not everyone who posts teams wants to comment on discussions/ other threads though. Some people just post them for their own sake.

Sure I do that as well but I dont post everything I make for all of your sake lol. Ive probly got 30+ threads of previous Ideas that dont need to be posted. Some people need an external filter cause they dont have one of their own lol
ChiHawk liked this.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 1:47 a.m.
More importantly, it allows us to skip from clicking on back AGMs and focus on ones that are rated high which generally comes with a good discussion or healthy debate. The trolling and attacks are a result of terrible AGMs and whereas people used to just give it a 1 star, now they make a personal attack
AndrewLadd liked this.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 10:25 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Thanks for the suggestions we will take them into consideration.

However, ratings will not be returning. People just rated a team 1 if they were a rival team, or 5 if they were fans.

If you believe a lost is trolling, please report it.
Tmclean64, SpaghettiPasta, AndrewLadd and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 12:16 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: Banks
Thanks for the suggestions we will take them into consideration.

However, ratings will not be returning. People just rated a team 1 if they were a rival team, or 5 if they were fans.

If you believe a lost is trolling, please report it.

Another problem with a rating system is almost every AGM was rated 1-2 stars, and discussion is mostly better than just rating
Mar. 3, 2020 at 8:11 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
The only thing that could be useful is being able to sort by AGMs trading with your team, which would be cool if it were possible to implement.
Tmclean64 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll