SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

2020 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

Feb. 25, 2020 at 11:03 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: MoreOfAnIslesGuy
In an ideal world, I'd want 50%, but thats just not possible. I just feel like Parise should best be left as a member of the Wild.

Yeah, that contract in any trade would be really tricky. If they were to move him, they'd probably need to be getting another long-term, big money deal back, which kinda takes out the point of moving him.
MoreOfAnIslesGuy liked this.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 12:06 p.m.
Isles For Life
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Yeah, that contract in any trade would be really tricky. If they were to move him, they'd probably need to be getting another long-term, big money deal back, which kinda takes out the point of moving him.

That's the thing, any trade I would approve of really only benefits the Isles, haha. I wouldn't mind him as an Islander, I just would like to only have to pay him sub $5mn.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Feb. 25, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: MoreOfAnIslesGuy
That's the thing, any trade I would approve of really only benefits the Isles, haha. I wouldn't mind him as an Islander, I just would like to only have to pay him sub $5mn.

I read that the reason it didn't happen was the reason you just mentioned. There just wasn't a deal that made sense for both sides.
MoreOfAnIslesGuy liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll