Forums/Armchair-GM

Is the writing on the wall now for Dumba or Brodin

Created by: TanSor
Team: 2019-20 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 10, 2020
Published: Feb. 10, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
With the Wild acquiring Addison, I have to wonder if one of Brodin or Dumba are goners. Addison seems a lot more similar to Dumba, but I think Dumba's value is at an all-time low. My guess is Carolina acquires one of them...
Trades
MIN
  1. Haula, Erik
  2. Suzuki, Ryan
  3. 2020 1st round pick (TOR)
CAR
  1. Brodin, Jonas
  2. Greenway, Jordan
Additional Details:
Carolina's choice of Dumba or Brodin.
MIN
    Suzuki
    Haula
    2020 1st
    CAR
      Dumba
      Greenway

Carolina's choice of Dumba or Brodin.
      Buyouts
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      Logo of the MIN
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      22$81,500,000$69,695,258$0$600,000$11,804,742
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Minnesota Wild
      $7,538,462$7,538,462
      LW
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      $1,625,000$1,625,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RW, LW
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      $4,900,000$4,900,000
      LW, C, RW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 1
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $2,875,000$2,875,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $1,487,500$1,487,500
      C
      UFA - 2
      $1,900,000$1,900,000
      LW, C, RW
      UFA - 2
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
      RW, C
      RFA - 1
      $1,900,000$1,900,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $7,538,462$7,538,462
      LD
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      $5,187,500$5,187,500
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $2,166,667$2,166,667
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $750,000$750,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 4
      $785,000$785,000
      G
      UFA - 3
      $700,000$700,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 2
      $2,250,000$2,250,000
      RD
      UFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      C
      UFA - 3
      $700,000$700,000
      RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Feb. 10, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
      CGY
      Hold off on a Dumba trade until June. Selling low now, let the offseason start and then look to move him, should get more fair offers then. Also the cap in the summer allows teams to go 10% over, every team in theory could be in play for a deal, right now the market for Dumba would be limited
      TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 10, 2020 at 9:28 p.m.
      Glep
      take out suzuki and add in a different prospect, they wont be willing to part with suzuki and a first on top of haula without a first in return. haula is worth a second and brodin is not worth 2 firsts and a second. neither is dumba with the season he is having and everyone forgets the canes have jake bean who can easily come up this year. id say they give up that package plus a 2nd if you add in this years first and make the pick the lower of the 2.
      Feb. 11, 2020 at 12:36 a.m.
      MNBassman
      I don’t think the Zucker deal has anything to do with Brodin or Dumba...at least it shouldn’t. Addison is probably 2-3 years away from being NHL ready. The only connection I see is if Guerin decides to completely tear it down, but we all know Leipold will never allow that...
      Personally, and I know most people think I’m crazy for this, but I would move Addison to forward and give him 2 years in Iowa to learn to play center or wing. I suggested this about Spurgeon when he was 23 and everyone thought I was nuts then too... but I still think he would have made an incredible winger...maybe even better than he turned out as a defenseman...
      TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 11, 2020 at 12:51 a.m.
      Quoting: MNBassman
      I don’t think the Zucker deal has anything to do with Brodin or Dumba...at least it shouldn’t. Addison is probably 2-3 years away from being NHL ready. The only connection I see is if Guerin decides to completely tear it down, but we all know Leipold will never allow that...
      Personally, and I know most people think I’m crazy for this, but I would move Addison to forward and give him 2 years in Iowa to learn to play center or wing. I suggested this about Spurgeon when he was 23 and everyone thought I was nuts then too... but I still think he would have made an incredible winger...maybe even better than he turned out as a defenseman...

The problem is we have Mennell, Belpedio, the Johansson's, and now Addison. Addison may be 2-3 years away, but Belpedio and Mennell in particular are not. We also already have 5 top 4 D and with that many defensive prospects I just think it makes all the sense in the world to move either for a center prospect/young center. I'm also not so sure Leipold would be opposed to trading one of them as long as the return is good. He knows this team lacks a high-end center and if moving one of those two can get us one (or get us a pick to get one/get us better chances at our pick landing us one) he'd be an idiot not to want that.

Haven't seen a lick of Addison playing so I don't know what to say about moving him to the wing, but at this stage I feel like it's easier said than done. He has proven to be very successful in juniors thus far and I'd hate to ruin the development he's made by forcing him into a position he isn't as familiar with. Maybe it'd work out though
      MNBassman liked this.
      Feb. 11, 2020 at 1:01 a.m.
      MNBassman
      Quoting: TanSor
      The problem is we have Mennell, Belpedio, the Johansson's, and now Addison. Addison may be 2-3 years away, but Belpedio and Mennell in particular are not. We also already have 5 top 4 D and with that many defensive prospects I just think it makes all the sense in the world to move either for a center prospect/young center. I'm also not so sure Leipold would be opposed to trading one of them as long as the return is good. He knows this team lacks a high-end center and if moving one of those two can get us one (or get us a pick to get one/get us better chances at our pick landing us one) he'd be an idiot not to want that.

Haven't seen a lick of Addison playing so I don't know what to say about moving him to the wing, but at this stage I feel like it's easier said than done. He has proven to be very successful in juniors thus far and I'd hate to ruin the development he's made by forcing him into a position he isn't as familiar with. Maybe it'd work out though

I’m not at all opposed to moving Brodin or Dumba for a center prospect (I like Suzuki a lot!) or picks, but I also don’t think the Wild acquiring Addison has anything to do with it...they are mutually exclusive.
      Addison is (as I’ve read) a smart, fast player with a big shot and he can run a PP. Defensemen have spent their entire lives watching forwards play in front of them - it isn’t that difficult to learn how to play forward. Changing from forward to D is a different story
      With the Wild’s dire lack of right-shot forwards, I think it’s at least worth having a conversation with Addison about this.
      TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 11, 2020 at 11:56 a.m.
      MinnesnowtaWild
      Quoting: MNBassman
      I’m not at all opposed to moving Brodin or Dumba for a center prospect (I like Suzuki a lot!) or picks, but I also don’t think the Wild acquiring Addison has anything to do with it...they are mutually exclusive.
      Addison is (as I’ve read) a smart, fast player with a big shot and he can run a PP. Defensemen have spent their entire lives watching forwards play in front of them - it isn’t that difficult to learn how to play forward. Changing from forward to D is a different story
      With the Wild’s dire lack of right-shot forwards, I think it’s at least worth having a conversation with Addison about this.

No, just no. Players don't just switch positions at 20 years old unless they've already been playing both (brent burns). As for your Spurgeon take, that was so bad I can't even tell if it's sarcasm.
      Feb. 11, 2020 at 12:25 p.m.
      MNBassman
      Quoting: MinnesnowtaWild
      No, just no. Players don't just switch positions at 20 years old unless they've already been playing both (brent burns). As for your Spurgeon take, that was so bad I can't even tell if it's sarcasm.

It’s ok - a lot of other people have troubles thinking outside the box too...

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll