Forums/Armchair-GM

Full Biblical Rebuild

Created by: HatterTParty
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 13, 2020
Published: Feb. 13, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Let me start by asking, is anyone really surprised? Stan, you tried, as you’ve done the three years over and over, to trick us and make us think you know how to build a team. Sadly, it turns out you do only know how to add to what someone else already built for you.

Now, it’s time for the nuclear option. Time to go FULL BIBLICAL! Blow it up, and get as many 1st to 2nds as you can. Strome, gone. Gus, gone. Nylander, you will always be in Joker’s shadow. Lehner, love ya, but need draft capital. These are merely a few. Needless to say, mismanagement and poor development have accelerated our plunge back to the dark ages. This is fall from Grace of our own creation, born out of the ignorance and ego of one Stan bowman. From the awful trades to the the even worse draft record (especially the first round), you’ve reached your shelf life.

Also, Kings fans, don’t worry, I’m not going to disrespect you by making a turcotte trade. I love the kid and you guys should too.

CHAOS!!!!!
Trades
CHI
  1. Mrázek, Petr
  2. Necas, Martin
  3. 2020 1st round pick (CAR)
  4. 2020 2nd round pick (CAR)
CHI
  1. Backes, David
  2. Vaakanainen, Urho
  3. 2020 1st round pick (BOS)
BOS
  1. Saad, Brandon ($3,000,000 retained)
CHI
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (PIT)
CHI
  1. Miller, K'Andre [Reserve List]
  2. Smith, Brendan
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (NYR)
  4. 2021 3rd round pick (NYR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$64,349,187$0$4,295,000$17,150,813
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$3,125,000$3,125,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 13, 2020 at 3:36 a.m.
Just saw the scores for tonight’s games. I was wondering what sparked such a dramatic diatribe. 😛
HatterTParty liked this.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 3:42 a.m.
Do not trade Kubalik
Feb. 13, 2020 at 3:43 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Do not trade Kubalik

Hey come on! Full biblical!

Not to mention, it’d be so bowman thing to do!
Feb. 13, 2020 at 3:44 a.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
Hey come on! Full biblical!

Not to mention, it’d be so bowman thing to do!

Well right after he trades your boy Dach for another reclamation project
Feb. 13, 2020 at 3:46 a.m.
Well right after he trades your boy Dach for another reclamation project

See! Now your gettin it!

I gotta deal with dach for another 15 years probably. Unless he goes full nosedive. Like I’ve said, I gotta accept it even if I never I like it.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 3:47 a.m.
See! Now your gettin it!

I gotta deal with dach for another 15 years probably. Unless he goes full nosedive. Like I’ve said, I gotta accept it even if I never I like it.

You'll like him in a few years. I was wrong predraft on the kid, he's got all the tools.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 3:52 a.m.
You'll like him in a few years. I was wrong predraft on the kid, he's got all the tools.

Sad thing is, I just don’t like guys of his archetype. Plain and simple. I’ve never ever liked Ryan getzlaf. If your a big player and a forward, but you don’t play a dynamic speed game or score goals, I just don’t care for the type. I love draisital, scheifele (mainly cuz he’s so god damn smart), and Mario lemieux, but I can’t stand getzlaf.

He’ll be a hawk and I’ll always be a hawks fan, just not a fan of his. Just like with bickell.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 3:54 a.m.
Sad thing is, I just don’t like guys of his archetype. Plain and simple. I’ve never ever liked Ryan getzlaf. If your a big player and a forward, but you don’t play a dynamic speed game or score goals, I just don’t care for the type. I love draisital, scheifele (mainly cuz he’s so god damn smart), and Mario lemieux, but I can’t stand getzlaf.

He’ll be a hawk and I’ll always be a hawks fan, just not a fan of his. Just like with bickell.

Turcotte isn't looking that great and for a top 5 pick he should be playing a pretty dominate game given that it's college hockey.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 4:15 a.m.
Turcotte isn't looking that great and for a top 5 pick he should be playing a pretty dominate game given that it's college hockey.

Believe me, I understand that Dach at present feels like the better option, but I don’t look at the draft as an immediate fix. It’s really not meant to be. Dach to me is always gonna be a black sheep for who he isn’t. Sure it’s easy to look at turcotte struggle and say that he’s not who he was suppose to be, but he may just be a two year project, and that’s okay!

Toews and getzlaf scored 54 points and 39 points respectively in their rookie seasons while playing less than 65 games. Dach is on pace to play more games and score less. Does that make Dach a disappointment? I’ll admit I still don’t care for him, but I think it’s because he never should have been an nhler this year. Many people will obviously say the same. Dach will never have that dynamic edge to his game that players like mackinnon or even Dylan Larkin have. That’s fine, but I just don’t like players that lack that excitement, cuz that’s what I find beautiful about hockey. The speed, the elegance, the showtime.

Dach likes to say his style of play is “winning”. Then go out there and win kid, cuz up to this point in your career, you haven’t won a single thing. Not in the nhl, not in juniors.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 6:32 a.m.
So your issue isn’t with Dach and his style of play but more that he got picked before other players who are more suitable to your tastes? Just wondering if him as a player would be more palatable to you if he were chosen later.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 9:04 a.m.
Chewbacca88
3 things.
1. DO NOT TRADE KUBALIK! The guy is a stud.
2. DO NOT TRADE ADB! He's just having a down year. He has all the tools to be a consistent 40-50 goal scorer.
3. Dach is gonna be great for Chicago. I think he's gonna turn out to be a lot like a Jonathan Toews or Anze Kopitar. Someone who won't necessarily score a hundred points but is decent defensively, has a big body, and is actually a SOLID SKATER which he has proven to I hope all of us this year. I think in 2-4 years he'll be scoring 70+ points.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 10:16 a.m.
Quoting: Weezley
Just saw the scores for tonight’s games. I was wondering what sparked such a dramatic diatribe. 😛

People who can’t see any positives with this club. They only need to go back to last season and see how bad defensively they were then. The have improved.

I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL YEAR. IF THE POWER PLAY WORKED THIS CLUB BE HIGHER IN THE STANDINGS. I would rather be on the side of 3 -0 lost, and know in my heart as a team we played well enough to win, than to be outshot/outplayed and the goaltending made it closer than it was.

If you can’t see this club is better than than how they were in November, then you sadly need to educate yourself about the game of hockey. The Hawks are not the Bruins, the Capitals, the Lightning, the Penguins, the Blues or the Avalanche. The are NOT Kings or Red Wing either.

In November, I was in favour of a rebuild. My view was based on the speed of the team. This team can skate if they have the will do to so. The pieces are there. Starting with Lehner. Trading him for a draft pick doesn’t guarantee, that pick will play next season, or the Hawks will have a suitable replacement. There are other players that can be moved to improve this club.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.
Quoting: CrazyK04
3 things.
2. DO NOT TRADE ADB! He's just having a down year. He has all the tools to be a consistent 40-50 goal scorer.
3. Dach is gonna be great for Chicago. I think he's gonna turn out to be a lot like a Jonathan Toews or Anze Kopitar. Someone who won't necessarily score a hundred points but is decent defensively, has a big body, and is actually a SOLID SKATER which he has proven to I hope all of us this year. I think in 2-4 years he'll be scoring 70+ points.

I am impressed with Dach’s back checking. He has hockey smarts that can be taught. I like to see him play with a edge. Use his size to create space.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 10:23 a.m.
Quoting: Hawksince71
People who can’t see any positives with this club. They only need to go back to last season and see how bad defensively they were then. The have improved.

I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL YEAR. IF THE POWER PLAY WORKED THIS CLUB BE HIGHER IN THE STANDINGS. I would rather be on the side of 3 -0 lost, and know in my heart as a team we played well enough to win, than to be outshot/outplayed and the goaltending made it closer than it was.

If you can’t see this club is better than than how they were in November, then you sadly need to educate yourself about the game of hockey. The Hawks are not the Bruins, the Capitals, the Lightning, the Penguins, the Blues or the Avalanche. The are NOT Kings or Red Wing either.

In November, I was in favour of a rebuild. My view was based on the speed of the team. This team can skate if they have the will do to so. The pieces are there. Starting with Lehner. Trading him for a draft pick doesn’t guarantee, that pick will play next season, or the Hawks will have a suitable replacement. There are other players that can be moved to improve this club.

I actually watched the highlights after my post and it’s clear they dominated that game. They just ran into a hot goalie.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 11:20 a.m.
So your issue isn’t with Dach and his style of play but more that he got picked before other players who are more suitable to your tastes? Just wondering if him as a player would be more palatable to you if he were chosen later.

No, actually it is still his style of play that I dislike. However, you it is fair that if the hawks were the ones picking 5th, and dach slipped that far, than yes, I woulda felt slightly better. Granted every hawks fan is gonna say that the Avs woulda picked Dach. I’m just saying theoretically, it still woulda sucked a little, but it would have been more palatable if we picked 5th.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 11:25 a.m.
Quoting: CrazyK04
3 things.

1. I’m genuinely doing that simply because it’s such a bowman thing to happen.
2. I agree and I’m still very much a debrincat guy since I was praying we would get him back in his draft year. However, as I said in an earlier post, either Colliton has to wake up and stop shuffling lines or the cat strome Kane line has to be reunited. Cuz honestly, cat and strome are not being utilized very efficiently without Kane.
3. That’s fine, and more power to him. As you can see, I didn’t trade him in this thread. People can continue to pump his tires, I’m just not gonna do that. I don’t care how he does for another 3-4 years. Once his draft class comes up, then it’ll matter. Right now doesn’t matter since the draft shouldn’t be a short term fix.
Hawks_Are_Dumm liked this.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
Quoting: Hawksince71

I’m not saying this team doesn’t have positives. They did dominate last night. However, as for not being the kings or red wings, I mean, okay, but thank god kane and toews are still in their prime to keep that from happening.

Also, your power play complaints sound a lot like our PK complaints last year. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, bowman woulda been fired not Q. Truth is, if ya don’t like the PP, than maybe someone should tell Colliton to pull his head out of his ass. Either way, I still want a rebuild. This team has fallen way too far to keep from justifying it at this point. I don’t care if Kane and toews don’t want it to happen, it just needs to. Stevie Y is rebuilding Detroit right now and I shutter to think what they could become in a few years. Get a competent GM in here with a progressive and man managing coach and start turning the team in the right direction.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 11:38 a.m.
No, actually it is still his style of play that I dislike. However, you it is fair that if the hawks were the ones picking 5th, and dach slipped that far, than yes, I woulda felt slightly better. Granted every hawks fan is gonna say that the Avs woulda picked Dach. I’m just saying theoretically, it still woulda sucked a little, but it would have been more palatable if we picked 5th.

I see. Makes sense then. I was just wondering if Dach was an unpopular choice for 3 and that’s why he’s the black sheep. As far as his playing style, it is needed in a line up. Granted you could get that style of play later in the draft, it also wouldn’t come with some of the other perks he possesses.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 12:08 p.m.
I see. Makes sense then. I was just wondering if Dach was an unpopular choice for 3 and that’s why he’s the black sheep. As far as his playing style, it is needed in a line up. Granted you could get that style of play later in the draft, it also wouldn’t come with some of the other perks he possesses.

I just look at modern hockey and don’t see a place for getzlaf styled player. I’m a big speed proponent and love the direction of the modern nhl playing style wise. Getzlaf can still hang, but many cuz he’s played for so long. Other big guys these days don’t play like getzlaf and they actually manage to thrive. Typically, I like those guys a lot! Draisital? Great goal scorer and intelligent, love him! Scheifele, smartest player in the nhl, like him. Sasha Barkov?! LOVE HIM TO DEATH, because he can score 90-100, while being dynamic two ways.

Getzlaf though, just feels too one dimensional and never came off as exciting. He’s had bad discipline, he’s a decent two way player, and is almost exclusively a playmaker. I was a playmaker when I played, but I was small and had a lot of speed. Getzlaf doesn’t influence games the way other big men like barkov or draisital do.
Feb. 13, 2020 at 12:51 p.m.
I just look at modern hockey and don’t see a place for getzlaf styled player. I’m a big speed proponent and love the direction of the modern nhl playing style wise. Getzlaf can still hang, but many cuz he’s played for so long. Other big guys these days don’t play like getzlaf and they actually manage to thrive. Typically, I like those guys a lot! Draisital? Great goal scorer and intelligent, love him! Scheifele, smartest player in the nhl, like him. Sasha Barkov?! LOVE HIM TO DEATH, because he can score 90-100, while being dynamic two ways.

Getzlaf though, just feels too one dimensional and never came off as exciting. He’s had bad discipline, he’s a decent two way player, and is almost exclusively a playmaker. I was a playmaker when I played, but I was small and had a lot of speed. Getzlaf doesn’t influence games the way other big men like barkov or draisital do.

That’s a bit unrealistic to expect a team to consist solely of those types of players. They are literally aliens. Lol. Speed is one thing but to be able to perform at high speeds is another. Especially amongst the best of the best. While I agree the game is evolving there is still a place for players like Dach to be an integral part of the team. Scorers need playmakers to set up the goal, playmakers need cerebral players or even grinders to get the puck. It’s a team game.
Feb. 14, 2020 at 9:16 a.m.
I actually watched the highlights after my post and it’s clear they dominated that game. They just ran into a hot goalie.

They have been playing much been as a team before the all star break. They are a player or two away from being competitive, but that window will be lost if team trades away a dominate proven goaltender for a draft pick.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll