Forums/Armchair-GM

Adjust trade value to liking

Created by: Jangle29
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 15, 2020
Published: Feb. 15, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
People keep saying Manson is not available. But he is a soon to be UFA on a tire fire team. I think he can be had if you give value back
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$800,000
2$1,500,000
2$700,000
2$2,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,750,000
1$700,000
4$5,500,000
Trades
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$84,500,000$81,213,116$0$400,000$3,286,884
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Was Leafs101 sarcastic of serious
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:26 a.m.
habs_fan
ducks should accept
Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:45 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Seems like an overpay to get just two years of Manson...who really isn't that special now.
Jangle29, SammyT_51, Random2152 and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:45 a.m.
Banned
Once again how does a LD in Dermott benefit Anaheim? Yeah maybe he can play RD but he's still a downgrade compare to Manson. No reason for Murray to accept that deal. You want Manson be prepared to pay up the nose for him.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:46 a.m.
Awful. Manson = Liljegren + 1st and keep adding. RW and LD aren't a need for us. We're not actively shopping Manson and he's going to cost a lot to pry away from ANA.

Plenty of other teams beat this offer.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:47 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Seems like an overpay to get just two years of Manson...who really isn't that special now.

Just out of interest, who do you think you're netting that is better than Manson for KK + Dermot?
Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:49 a.m.
Jangle29
Quoting: palhal

I agree but to some value of having him right now makes it higher. I still make the deal if I think I can resign him to a decent extension like Muzzin
Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:51 a.m.
Jangle29
Quoting: mytduxfan
Just out of interest, who do you think you're netting that is better than Manson for KK + Dermot?

Its about asset management and timing. You have 3-6 more years of KK getting better vs possibly o ly 2 years of a likely peaked Manson. Dermott is also a decent player just never got back to himself after the injury last season
oneX liked this.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:55 a.m.
tomato
I have no interest in trading for Manson. If we cant trade for a younger D with a good amount of team control left on his deal i would rather go after a stopgap player and take a swing at Hamilton when he goes UFA the year after next.
oneX liked this.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 9:36 a.m.
Quoting: Jangle29
Its about asset management and timing. You have 3-6 more years of KK getting better vs possibly o ly 2 years of a likely peaked Manson. Dermott is also a decent player just never got back to himself after the injury last season

Do you think the D gets better if Dermott is included in any deal for a top RHD? I struggle to say yes because overall, Leafs got guys who struggle in that of the ice.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 10:08 a.m.
Banned
Awful. Manson = Liljegren + 1st and keep adding. RW and LD aren't a need for us. We're not actively shopping Manson and he's going to cost a lot to pry away from ANA.

Lol you are going to be so disappointed if Manson gets traded. Just out to lunch
Random2152 liked this.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.
Jangle29

Manson has a NTC/NMC so "other teams" won't always factor in.
Also this answer is so annoying where you bust in and just assuming you are smarter than everyone else. Just so you can have the knowledge for the next time you make yourself look stupid
Value wise
Kapanen =Liljegren
Dermott is not far off both.
Toronto doesn't have their 1st round pick (which I don't see the ducks having much interest in vs established young players because it will be a late 1st from any team Manson would waive to go to)
So I would like to know the other teams you believe would smoke this offer.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 10:24 a.m.
Jangle29
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Once again how does a LD in Dermott benefit Anaheim? Yeah maybe he can play RD but he's still a downgrade compare to Manson. No reason for Murray to accept that deal. You want Manson be prepared to pay up the nose for him.

The benefit is getting two younger pieces cost controlled vs two years of a 30 year old UFA when your team is garbage. Do you even know hockey?
tomato43 liked this.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 10:48 a.m.
josh Manson STARTS with Auston Matthews. The leafs bias is getting to your head if you think otherwise.
Feb. 15, 2020 at 12:01 p.m.

I'd Say Damon Severson out of NJ , that package of Kapenen and Dermott certainly gets that conversation going, Severson is younger signed longer and is already better than Manson
Feb. 15, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
Jangle29
Quoting: leafs101
josh Manson STARTS with Auston Matthews. The leafs bias is getting to your head if you think otherwise.

Dumbest post of the day award right here
Almost lock for the dumbest of the week and in very serious contention for dumbest post of the month.
We will keep you posted
Feb. 15, 2020 at 4:19 p.m.
Jangle29
Added poll
Feb. 15, 2020 at 8:45 p.m.

KK isn’t a developing player anymore and likely won’t get better. He certainly won’t continue improving for the next 3-6 years. He’s just entering his prime years and his goal totals have dropped this year too.

No interest in Dermot as we have Lindholm and Fowler at LD.

Quoting: tomato43
I have no interest in trading for Manson. If we cant trade for a younger D with a good amount of team control left on his deal i would rather go after a stopgap player and take a swing at Hamilton when he goes UFA the year after next.

Agree that this move would be best for TOR. Manson is gonna be too expensive (I’m talking Liljegren + 1st +, not KK + Dermot) and won’t solve your problems.

Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Lol you are going to be so disappointed if Manson gets traded. Just out to lunch

He won’t be traded without an overpay. That’s going to be Liljegren (Manson replacement) + 1st (security in case Liljegren doesn’t pan out) +. He’s highly valued by the organisation and a leader in the locker room. I can’t remember the exact quote from TSN, but something about “you don’t love your wife more than ANA loves Manson”.

Manson has a NTC/NMC so "other teams" won't always factor in.
Also this answer is so annoying where you bust in and just assuming you are smarter than everyone else. Just so you can have the knowledge for the next time you make yourself look stupid
Value wise
Kapanen =Liljegren
Dermott is not far off both.
Toronto doesn't have their 1st round pick (which I don't see the ducks having much interest in vs established young players because it will be a late 1st from any team Manson would waive to go to)
So I would like to know the other teams you believe would smoke this offer.

That’s going to be price or something around that. It’s overpay, but that’s why it is highly-likely Manson won’t be traded because. He’s going to be too expensive for what he brings. Fine by me. I’d prefer him to stay in ANA.

Sarcasm? Manson price is high because he’s loved by the organisation and he’s a leader. No need to move him for less either. Having said that, the price isn’t Matthews. Liljegren + 1st +, which, for me, doesn’t sniff a fair Matthews bid.

Quoting: Boomer125
I'd Say Damon Severson out of NJ , that package of Kapenen and Dermott certainly gets that conversation going, Severson is younger signed longer and is already better than Manson

Severson? Fill your boots if you think he’s better than Manson.
Feb. 16, 2020 at 12:36 a.m.
Banned
KK isn’t a developing player anymore and likely won’t get better. He certainly won’t continue improving for the next 3-6 years. He’s just entering his prime years and his goal totals have dropped this year too.

Agree that this move would be best for TOR. Manson is gonna be too expensive (I’m talking Liljegren + 1st +, not KK + Dermot) and won’t solve your problems.

He won’t be traded without an overpay. That’s going to be Liljegren (Manson replacement) + 1st (security in case Liljegren doesn’t pan out) +. He’s highly valued by the organisation and a leader in the locker room. I can’t remember the exact quote from TSN, but something about “you don’t love your wife more than ANA loves Manson”.

That’s going to be price or something around that. It’s overpay, but that’s why it is highly-likely Manson won’t be traded because. He’s going to be too expensive for what he brings. Fine by me. I’d prefer him to stay in ANA.

Sarcasm? Manson price is high because he’s loved by the organisation and he’s a leader. No need to move him for less either. Having said that, the price isn’t Matthews. Liljegren + 1st +, which, for me, doesn’t sniff a fair Matthews bid.

Cool not going to happen
mytduxfan liked this.
Feb. 16, 2020 at 5:52 p.m.

quite obviously for Matthews sarcasm yes. And think about it this way: liljegren is a recent first rounder, so lets say his value is a first round pick. I'm not paying two first rounders, plus something else, for him. You can argue that he's worth it, and you're entitled to that opinion, but I just wouldn't give that much up for him.
mytduxfan and Jangle29 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 5:50 p.m.
Jangle29

Lol what a homer bunch of statements. In two seasons when he walks and the ducks are crap both years (again) they would have lost him for nothing. Great asset management.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 5:50 p.m.
Jangle29
quite obviously for Matthews sarcasm yes. And think about it this way: liljegren is a recent first rounder, so lets say his value is a first round pick. I'm not paying two first rounders, plus something else, for him. You can argue that he's worth it, and you're entitled to that opinion, but I just wouldn't give that much up for him.

You and nobody in the entire NHL for two years of a 30 year old almost at UFA
Feb. 20, 2020 at 7:20 p.m.
Lol what a homer bunch of statements. In two seasons when he walks and the ducks are crap both years (again) they would have lost him for nothing. Great asset management.

And he'd walk why? He loves ANA just as much as ANA loves Manson. His father is also good friends with our GM and his wife is a Cali girl. Makes no sense. You're forgetting that hockey players have lives beyond hockey and families to think about. Nice try though! Now go and untwist those knickers you're wearing.
Feb. 21, 2020 at 8:56 a.m.
Jangle29
And he'd walk why? He loves ANA just as much as ANA loves Manson. His father is also good friends with our GM and his wife is a Cali girl. Makes no sense. You're forgetting that hockey players have lives beyond hockey and families to think about. Nice try though! Now go and untwist those knickers you're wearing.

Because Anaheim has a history of not giving out longer contracts to players like him. Also who wants to sign for a garbage team who has no end in sight lol
Feb. 21, 2020 at 9:18 a.m.
Because Anaheim has a history of not giving out longer contracts to players like him. Also who wants to sign for a garbage team who has no end in sight lol

Literally just gave Henrique a 5 year deal, Silf a 5 year deal, Fowler is signed to a 6 year deal. All those contracts will take them well into their 30s. Wtf are you talking about? You're clearly so butt-hurt you can't think straight.

Lol... says the TOR fan whose team missed the playoffs 9 out 10 year, went through a rebuild (where they got lucky in the lottery and drafted Matthews), and still gets bounced every year in the 1st round of the playoffs. Your team is trash. They might not even make the playoffs this year and you haven't even got a 1st round pick or the cap space to make the team better... hahahahaha!! Hence the trash offers of KK + Dermot for minute munching top 4 D-men that can actually defend.
Feb. 21, 2020 at 10:07 a.m.
Jangle29
Literally just gave Henrique a 5 year deal, Silf a 5 year deal, Fowler is signed to a 6 year deal. All those contracts will take them well into their 30s. Wtf are you talking about? You're clearly so butt-hurt you can't think straight.

Lol... says the TOR fan whose team missed the playoffs 9 out 10 year, went through a rebuild (where they got lucky in the lottery and drafted Matthews), and still gets bounced every year in the 1st round of the playoffs. Your team is trash. They might not even make the playoffs this year and you haven't even got a 1st round pick or the cap space to make the team better... hahahahaha!! Hence the trash offers of KK + Dermot for minute munching top 4 D-men that can actually defend.

Beat part about this is you ripping another team when your team is a bottom feeder, even with one of the beat goalies in the world. Pathetic

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit