SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(NJD/NYI) - Greene for Quenneville and a 2020 2nd RD pick (NYI)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 16, 2020 at 8:38 p.m.
Andy Greene doesn't put up offensive numbers. He's 2nd in the entire NHL in blocks. He's a shut down D. Solid trade by the Isles.
Feb. 16, 2020 at 11:25 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I don't like this deal as an Isles fan. I think we gave up too much and we have less cap space to acquire a bigger name player.

I'm surprised the Devils didn't retain salary here.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 2:08 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: Brian2016
I'm surprised the Devils didn't retain salary here.

Maybe they want to retain salary on other players for the next few trades.Like Vatanen, Simmonds,Palmieri etc...
Or they just want the option open. Even if they don't use them all 3 at the end.smirk
Remember, they already used one on Hall. And also another reason for no retention = it costs more. So it's another pick or better prospect or + another prospect and everybody voted on New Jersey winning hands down already without retention, so it would look even worse from the outside...

"All teams are limited to a maximum of 3 retained salary contracts per season."
Brian2016 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 5:48 a.m.
Banned
defense is always at a premium.
There is always a shortage.
Having said that I don't think this is that bad. A 2nd isn't too bad.
The prospect is just a body. He plays in the ECHL he's not going anywhere.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 7:09 a.m.
Quoting: F3ruS
Maybe they want to retain salary on other players for the next few trades.Like Vatanen, Simmonds,Palmieri etc...
Or they just want the option open. Even if they don't use them all 3 at the end.smirk
Remember, they already used one on Hall. And also another reason for no retention = it costs more. So it's another pick or better prospect or + another prospect and everybody voted on New Jersey winning hands down already without retention, so it would look even worse from the outside...

"All teams are limited to a maximum of 3 retained salary contracts per season."

I didn't realize that. Thx. And besides, I don't think they were gonna get a 1st rounder for Greene anyway.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 7:11 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
defense is always at a premium.
There is always a shortage.
Having said that I don't think this is that bad. A 2nd isn't too bad.
The prospect is just a body. He plays in the ECHL he's not going anywhere.

Exactly. Dallas gave up a 3rd and an NHL D in Connor Carrick for Ben Lovejoy, who was not nearly as valuable as Andy Greene, imo.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 7:50 a.m.
Quoting: EmpressKayla
My goodness! How did NJD get this much?

Trade within division always has a steeper price. Plus, maybe Lou decided to throw NJ a bone since they help launched Lou into Legendary status as a front office man.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 10:12 a.m.
hey look a squirrel
Overpay by Islanders
Feb. 17, 2020 at 4:15 p.m.
Not so bold prediction: Hischier will be named Devils captain for the 2020-21 season. Zajac and Palms as Alternates, unless Palms is traded. In that case, Severson will wear the other A.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:07 p.m.
The Islanders got smoked wow
Feb. 18, 2020 at 7:20 p.m.
Phil
I don't like this deal as an Isles fan. I think we gave up too much and we have less cap space to acquire a bigger name player.

You don't get to say "as an isles fan" when your username is "islesandrangersfan". Also Isles really needed a defenseman and still have plenty of cap space to make a move. Greene helps this team more than you think. The isles also don't need a 2nd and DQ will never see an NHL game
Feb. 20, 2020 at 2:26 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I didn't watch the game against Arizona, but i watched part of the game tonight against the Avs. I didn't watch the whole game but with what i saw, i thought Andy Greene played really well. Obviously, one game doesn't say much, but I'm just mentioning it. We'll see how it turns out.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
I didn't watch the game against Arizona, but i watched part of the game tonight against the Avs. I didn't watch the whole game but with what i saw, i thought Andy Greene played really well. Obviously, one game doesn't say much, but I'm just mentioning it. We'll see how it turns out.

New York Islanders went allin after this for Pageau... interesting... and gave him a pricey contract for lot of years... idk about these trades...
Greene is ok for a rental, but combined with this. Idk...
I feel like NYI has zero offense, so why go allin?.... Pageau will put up 1 point/game or what? Idk... Huh?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit