(NJD/TBL) - Coleman for Foote and 2020 1st round pick

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 26, 2020 at 7:06 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: F3ruS
You don't understand this, it's math--->it's never wrong in the long run:
Washington has really low % to win the whole thing, because they have the hardest path to victory. It's simple as that. When u you have possible 4 insane opponent. Vs like Toronto can have 3 insane + 1 easy.
Look at where it deviates the 2 teams:
Conf-Finals--->Finals
21% vs 6% for Washington
14% vs 8% for Toronto

Meaning if they upset 2 teams, they most likely win the 3rd one, because at that point you have to admint, that they beat 2 solid top teams... so if they beat 2 solid teams, why they can't beat the 3rd who is possible weaker, than those 2. In theory Bos+TBL = the strongest this year, as the results shows...
You can say whatever you want, but under Keefe Toronto has really good record in the NHL.... the media is deceiving.
1 loss = end of the world for whole Canada nation...

In reality: Caps struggling for a while... they started hot... then they played bad for a while.. otherwise they would have been leading the whole NHL. Their fans i read it everyday - they say - fire the coach: Reirden. "FIRE HIM" - they chant
Yes i know they are good playoffs team on paper... but if Holtby starts in all games: posts .900 SV% ---> they lose to all teams---> physical play doesn't matter then...
Holtby needs to be again "old holtby" or start the new super goalie "Samsonov" - who puts up good numbers ---> can be new "vasilevsky"

Back to Toronto.
I know they just lost to a Zamboni driver, who works for them. Haha laugh laugh laugh
Before that who they destroyed by perfect play in every 60 min(rare in the nhl-they were truly awesome in that match)? Your Penguins
After that who they beat with solid play?(we played better, but they still won- a win is a win) My TBL

One last thing: Colorado is hopeless ---> too much injuries ---> Sakic saw that --> No All-in --> best gm in the league.
If MacKinnon doesn't carry they go out in like round2...
They have goalie injuries(on top of all the other injuries all the time) and non-top tier goalies anyways, they just signed Hutchinson, who the whole leafs fans hated like the worst person in the universe... That's the goalie they need to rely on possible, in case of more injuries. Varlamov last year = better goalie, than all those 3...
From the outside Colorado can look good, but if u see that they lose to LA ... almost twice last 2 weeks... that's not a cup winning team.
St Louis + Dallas + Vegas. I would rank these 3 other teams easily ahead of them.
As you mentioned, hot goalie is super important. However hot goalie can only can be, if u have a goalie who is capable of getting hot.
Like Fleury, like Lehner, like Vasi etc...

If you ask me about endgame:
Tampa Vs Washington
Dallas Vs Vegas

Finals:
Tampa Bay Lightning Vs. Vegas Golden Knights

Stanley-Cup winner:
Vegas Golden Knights

They just destroyed 5 top teams in the nhl... and everyone else... and they got the best goalie tandem in the whole league. + they got rid of their worst player:Eakin, who was really bad... Oh did i mention Martinez, who comes from a top-defensive mindset team? From LA? He won cup as well...
Their coach is a proven good one: Debour--> always good results in playoffs(mostly late years). They just pulled a "Berube move"--> copycat league ---> i think it will work
Unfortunately my heart will be broken once again. cry

But until we are not out, i'm hopeful u know... upsets possible grimace

If you want to hear my opinion about your team: Losing to caps in round 2 --> your team had too many injuries, too much grind = worn out players when playoffs starts...(everyone needed to work 120% whole year = no rest for the body + mental fatigue will catch up). But 1st round Crosby + Malkin can carry easy wink + Marino is Makar 2.0(kinda)
Main reason for Penguins fall:No Guentzel in playoffs. With fresh Guentzel, the odds for your team = much higher. He is elite. Such a good fit for your team. I don't know where you guys found him... i always thought he is bad and only speed+lucky+ good teammates... but now i think i was dumb smile Zucker can't replace him. Solid player, but that's it.
You need full team to go deep. Remember when Stammer injured couple years ago.. we missed the playoffs by 1 point... unlucky...

Remember why St. Louis Blues won last year: They coasted for half a season = no fatigue. If St. Louis wins, that's impressive... i wouldn't bet a cent on it... However good they look. They look scary since couple games... It's still unlikely they repeat... They deserve it, if they can do it. That's for sure...

One of the things I learned while being a programmer, there isn't always a software solution for a problem. The same is true with math. If you could mathematically figure this out vegas wouldn't make money. So yeah I get the math, I just don't think the math works. Even WSH with a harder road, has a better chance than TOR with an easier road at winning a cup. They are a better team. That part is missing from the math. TOR defense is really bad. Even when healthy.

Also don't put to much into these regular season games. TOR beat the penguins who have no blue line. 2 of their top 4 are out. They are/were missing 1/3 of their skaters. It's no surprise they can't win games like that. Neither can CBJ who are struggling right now with all the injuries.
But much like the AVs, people come back from injury. There is no one on the AVs that I know of that is out for the year. So I like the AVs chances. That's a team built to go into the playoffs both on skill and grit. They didn't really "need" help. Just time.
I wouldn't count WSH out due to their recent play. No team really wants their foot on the gas yet. Now is not the time to peak. I think that's a team people don't want to play.

I honestly put a higher rate on the idea that we might not get a cup winner this year. I'm in Europe. The place is starting to shut down. Football games are getting canceled. Large conferences are getting canceled. People starting to work from home all over. Store shelves getting cleaned out in some places. I was told not to travel as that is part of my job. Had to cancel 3 trips I had planned to take in the next 2 weeks. One in Spain the one in Italy, one in Greece. All cleared. Gonna be bored as hell for the next few weeks as there isn't much for me to do at work if I can't travel.
I'm starting to wonder if that's the future for the hockey playoffs. We might be getting games with no crowd.
Feb. 26, 2020 at 7:45 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Feb. 26, 2020 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: pharrow
One of the things I learned while being a programmer, there isn't always a software solution for a problem. The same is true with math. If you could mathematically figure this out vegas wouldn't make money. So yeah I get the math, I just don't think the math works. Even WSH with a harder road, has a better chance than TOR with an easier road at winning a cup. They are a better team. That part is missing from the math. TOR defense is really bad. Even when healthy.

Also don't put to much into these regular season games. TOR beat the penguins who have no blue line. 2 of their top 4 are out. They are/were missing 1/3 of their skaters. It's no surprise they can't win games like that. Neither can CBJ who are struggling right now with all the injuries.
But much like the AVs, people come back from injury. There is no one on the AVs that I know of that is out for the year. So I like the AVs chances. That's a team built to go into the playoffs both on skill and grit. They didn't really "need" help. Just time.
I wouldn't count WSH out due to their recent play. No team really wants their foot on the gas yet. Now is not the time to peak. I think that's a team people don't want to play.

I honestly put a higher rate on the idea that we might not get a cup winner this year. I'm in Europe. The place is starting to shut down. Football games are getting canceled. Large conferences are getting canceled. People starting to work from home all over. Store shelves getting cleaned out in some places. I was told not to travel as that is part of my job. Had to cancel 3 trips I had planned to take in the next 2 weeks. One in Spain the one in Italy, one in Greece. All cleared. Gonna be bored as hell for the next few weeks as there isn't much for me to do at work if I can't travel.
I'm starting to wonder if that's the future for the hockey playoffs. We might be getting games with no crowd.

I'm from Hungary, i think the situation is not that bad yet, if u think about the virus.
But yes maybe no olympics this year, i read. But it's just rumours. That would be crazy if season is cancelled. Well sucks for Vegas then smile

You still don't get it, i tried my best though cool
When u have 5 players injured the whole season. It's not like a magic trick, and bummmmmmmmmm... playoffs... everybody is healthy for all 25 games. = cup win
It will be MORE injuries. Especially when they play against like a team like Dallas.

Math says on other analytics site 11% for Tampa 11% for Colorado 11% for boston. Also top 3 fav my team.(would be fun to check if Penguins were favorites in all those 3 cup runs).

Anyways, last year every expert said tampa winning the cup.--->epic fail
This year. Again lots of experts will say same thing?Right? Right...
If Ottawa is the best team next year with Lafreniere. They will say Ottawa will win. It's only based on opinions/analaytics/personal feelings. Ottawa willl have 15%(random number)

NBA: I think Milwaukee Bucks will win...
I don't follow NBA from adv stat related stuff... but i bet they are good favourite there. Like there is 16 teams in playoffs...
I bet they are top5... best teams are just best teams.. simple as that... smile smile smile
I predicted Bucks before season started... not 1 month ago... My opinion didn't changed...
My other fav is Clippers... from west... we'll see who wins there.. or noone wins... like u said haha...

Before season i don't remember who i predicted in hockey... maybe Vegas...
Then my opinion changed midseason... to Washington... now back to Vegas.
These things are changing. This math says current odds:
Just imagine Vasilevsky getting hurt for 3 months. Our season is over = 22%-->0% . This can change in 1 day. The current situation is: It's wide open... 10-20% is not that high...

Getting 1st overall for Yzerman for Detroit Red Wings = 18.5% --->rigged right? Poor Detroit... Sucks if the 82.5% will happen from the lottery balls... Rip Lafreniere dreams for Yzerman...
That's the reality though... Chicago will have 3% again in the lottery and they can get that "franchise player".

My scenario = only 31%(Vegas9%+Tampa22% combined)... = 69% will happen on average--> likely other team wins...
It's just %.
I know most people hate math... sorry if you are one of them and i'm bored to you smile
I just like the math part of hockey...i can't help it smile

I watch the odds in tennis in grand slams as well. Then upsets happening every 3rd day--> new math ---> new odds--> its fun.

When your team has 0% to chance = it's not fun though i know smile
But your team has pretty good chance like 10% smile) That's a lot, whatever i say here.
You won 3 cups so far in ~10 years.
Winning 4th = slim that's all i'm saying smile
Easier to go from 0-->1 than 3--> 4 in 10 years period... especially when Crosby+Malkin is regressing(they are way past their primes even if they get 100 points)

Imagine Ovechkin regressing in later of the season in march: No cup for Caps... they can't do anything about it... it's age... like Tom Brady this year... age catches up in NHL fast...
I'm already having worries about McDonagh contract next 2 years... etc... Stamkos already look "old" if u look at his face compared to babyface guys... everybody ages differently... but over 30.. it's happening to 95% of players... = regression

BTW did u know when ur team fully healthy vs injured it doesn't automatically translate into more points/better%?
So let's say mangames lost for Columbus: 300 ---> in 2020 replay mangames lost = 150 .
Does that mean they make the playoffs, if we replay the season? Not at all. Just higher %. Again math smile They might finish worse... with 50 mangames lost...
Lower %, but can happen if we live in an alternate universe and could go back in time to replay the season. Injuries just 1 part from the whole... Pittsbugh surived it in reg season. Let's see if they survive it in playoffs.
Last year we had 2 top players injured before playoffs started?
Point+Hedman = we were done - 0-4. People laughed about the 0-4. But people never know the full story... they just see: Tampa sux... worst playoffs team ever. Tampa is soft etc... Our goalie was cold, our defense = garbage. This year i think it's better, but we have to wait and see. If we out in 2nd round(like u predict vs boston), it's not much better afterall... We should beat them on paper. 4-3 . But still close...

If injuries happens again, we can't do anything about it(now we have lots of injuries for example).... we need to fight through it... if we are not good enough.. rip season...
I hope u get it smile Can't really illustrate it better... smile I talk too much anyways. Sorry for long posts... no problem if u do'nt read them haha laugh

NFL this year vs NHL this year Toronto: Who won????
Top tier Offense or top tier Defense ? Chiefs Vs 49ers?
Top offense Mahomes, the mvp.
What toronto has? Nr. 1 offense in NHL. Hard to digest i know...
They attack better than all other teams... Don't listen to media. Their defense is top25.(bad but need a hot goalie, we talked about it before)
Washington won the cup with garbage defense 2 years ago... like top20... you dont need top5 defense to win cups... upsets can happen.
Toronto in playoffs = pretty good = good chance for a cup = 5%. 1 in 20... if they had top 3 defense. Probably 25%...
5% is not that bad...

Your Boston,who you say they are so good team:
they only beat them 4-3...
Remember only 4-3!!!
Not 4-0
Not 4-1
Not 4-2
They almost lost. Is Boston the best team ever? Doesn't matter, almost they are out 1st round last year. They got lucky... I wouldn't bet money on Toronto neither , but i will accept it, when they beat us... and other teams... thats the 5% low but possible...
Feb. 28, 2020 at 6:48 p.m.
Banned
I'm from Hungary, i think the situation is not that bad yet, if u think about the virus.
But yes maybe no olympics this year, i read. But it's just rumours. That would be crazy if season is cancelled. Well sucks for Vegas then smile

You still don't get it, i tried my best though cool
When u have 5 players injured the whole season. It's not like a magic trick, and bummmmmmmmmm... playoffs... everybody is healthy for all 25 games. = cup win
It will be MORE injuries. Especially when they play against like a team like Dallas.

Math says on other analytics site 11% for Tampa 11% for Colorado 11% for boston. Also top 3 fav my team.(would be fun to check if Penguins were favorites in all those 3 cup runs).

Anyways, last year every expert said tampa winning the cup.--->epic fail
This year. Again lots of experts will say same thing?Right? Right...
If Ottawa is the best team next year with Lafreniere. They will say Ottawa will win. It's only based on opinions/analaytics/personal feelings. Ottawa willl have 15%(random number)

NBA: I think Milwaukee Bucks will win...
I don't follow NBA from adv stat related stuff... but i bet they are good favourite there. Like there is 16 teams in playoffs...
I bet they are top5... best teams are just best teams.. simple as that... smile smile smile
I predicted Bucks before season started... not 1 month ago... My opinion didn't changed...
My other fav is Clippers... from west... we'll see who wins there.. or noone wins... like u said haha...

Before season i don't remember who i predicted in hockey... maybe Vegas...
Then my opinion changed midseason... to Washington... now back to Vegas.
These things are changing. This math says current odds:
Just imagine Vasilevsky getting hurt for 3 months. Our season is over = 22%-->0% . This can change in 1 day. The current situation is: It's wide open... 10-20% is not that high...

Getting 1st overall for Yzerman for Detroit Red Wings = 18.5% --->rigged right? Poor Detroit... Sucks if the 82.5% will happen from the lottery balls... Rip Lafreniere dreams for Yzerman...
That's the reality though... Chicago will have 3% again in the lottery and they can get that "franchise player".

My scenario = only 31%(Vegas9%+Tampa22% combined)... = 69% will happen on average--> likely other team wins...
It's just %.
I know most people hate math... sorry if you are one of them and i'm bored to you smile
I just like the math part of hockey...i can't help it smile

I watch the odds in tennis in grand slams as well. Then upsets happening every 3rd day--> new math ---> new odds--> its fun.

When your team has 0% to chance = it's not fun though i know smile
But your team has pretty good chance like 10% smile) That's a lot, whatever i say here.
You won 3 cups so far in ~10 years.
Winning 4th = slim that's all i'm saying smile
Easier to go from 0-->1 than 3--> 4 in 10 years period... especially when Crosby+Malkin is regressing(they are way past their primes even if they get 100 points)

Imagine Ovechkin regressing in later of the season in march: No cup for Caps... they can't do anything about it... it's age... like Tom Brady this year... age catches up in NHL fast...
I'm already having worries about McDonagh contract next 2 years... etc... Stamkos already look "old" if u look at his face compared to babyface guys... everybody ages differently... but over 30.. it's happening to 95% of players... = regression

BTW did u know when ur team fully healthy vs injured it doesn't automatically translate into more points/better%?
So let's say mangames lost for Columbus: 300 ---> in 2020 replay mangames lost = 150 .
Does that mean they make the playoffs, if we replay the season? Not at all. Just higher %. Again math smile They might finish worse... with 50 mangames lost...
Lower %, but can happen if we live in an alternate universe and could go back in time to replay the season. Injuries just 1 part from the whole... Pittsbugh surived it in reg season. Let's see if they survive it in playoffs.
Last year we had 2 top players injured before playoffs started?
Point+Hedman = we were done - 0-4. People laughed about the 0-4. But people never know the full story... they just see: Tampa sux... worst playoffs team ever. Tampa is soft etc... Our goalie was cold, our defense = garbage. This year i think it's better, but we have to wait and see. If we out in 2nd round(like u predict vs boston), it's not much better afterall... We should beat them on paper. 4-3 . But still close...

If injuries happens again, we can't do anything about it(now we have lots of injuries for example).... we need to fight through it... if we are not good enough.. rip season...
I hope u get it smile Can't really illustrate it better... smile I talk too much anyways. Sorry for long posts... no problem if u do'nt read them haha laugh

NFL this year vs NHL this year Toronto: Who won????
Top tier Offense or top tier Defense ? Chiefs Vs 49ers?
Top offense Mahomes, the mvp.
What toronto has? Nr. 1 offense in NHL. Hard to digest i know...
They attack better than all other teams... Don't listen to media. Their defense is top25.(bad but need a hot goalie, we talked about it before)
Washington won the cup with garbage defense 2 years ago... like top20... you dont need top5 defense to win cups... upsets can happen.
Toronto in playoffs = pretty good = good chance for a cup = 5%. 1 in 20... if they had top 3 defense. Probably 25%...
5% is not that bad...

Your Boston,who you say they are so good team:
they only beat them 4-3...
Remember only 4-3!!!
Not 4-0
Not 4-1
Not 4-2
They almost lost. Is Boston the best team ever? Doesn't matter, almost they are out 1st round last year. They got lucky... I wouldn't bet money on Toronto neither , but i will accept it, when they beat us... and other teams... thats the 5% low but possible...

still think it's crazy? football games in itally being played behind closed doors. No fans.
I'm telling you, at the current rate, playoffs might not happen or in a empty arena. Japan looking at closing the Olympics.

Do you really think the draft isn't rigged? As long as they use those cards instead of a hopper......it's rigged. I don't believe the results. Largest TV market got top 2 picks last year because of the $$$.
Couldn't keep having losers there.

As for the man games. It depends who you lose. Yeah 300 man games of 4th liner who cares right? 300 man games 1C and 1D you going to have some real problems. That's why CBJ is so bad now. No Seth Jones.

I think hockey is an offensive game. But if you can't get the puck out of your zone...no offense.

Where in Hungary are you? I fly over Hungary all the time when going to Greece. My company gives me 3 apartments in europe to work.
London, Warsaw and athens.
Mar. 3, 2020 at 11:55 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Mar. 3, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
still think it's crazy? football games in itally being played behind closed doors. No fans.
I'm telling you, at the current rate, playoffs might not happen or in a empty arena. Japan looking at closing the Olympics.

Do you really think the draft isn't rigged? As long as they use those cards instead of a hopper......it's rigged. I don't believe the results. Largest TV market got top 2 picks last year because of the $$$.
Couldn't keep having losers there.

As for the man games. It depends who you lose. Yeah 300 man games of 4th liner who cares right? 300 man games 1C and 1D you going to have some real problems. That's why CBJ is so bad now. No Seth Jones.

I think hockey is an offensive game. But if you can't get the puck out of your zone...no offense.

Where in Hungary are you? I fly over Hungary all the time when going to Greece. My company gives me 3 apartments in europe to work.
London, Warsaw and athens.

/virustopicon
Oh yeah cancelling lots of sports events it's a possiblity. I just think currently is a little overblown by media. shakes head

It's not like if you get infected by the virus, you instantly die... last time i heard surviving rate is 95%. So if you are a healthy person(not old/not too young/not pregnant/don't have bad health problems). Then if u get the virus, it's like a bad flu/common cold, maybe little worse, but not life threatening, if u have insurance/u get treatment...
1-3 weeks u feel bad, fever, coughing etc,,, lung problems... then you are fine...
I heard the worst thing is, if you get lung-inflammation... but that's already bad in general... so you need to get treatment for that...
Ofc when u have heart problems already/smoking 1 pack/day/alcohol problems(liver)/blood pressure problems etc.. or taking 10 medicine/day because of bad overall health--> then it's really bad ,like any other disease... but for those people, they should stay home when things get out of control...
You know the people with huge risk factor = can't take any risks, but normal/healthy people should be fine... I think for now the panic is bigger, then the actual threat. But it can get a lot worse i don't deny it...
Fingers crossed it won't be that bad.unsure

Whe we had bird flu, same panic happend... The way i see it. Humanity will live... yeah the olympics might canceled, but that's the biggest event in the world. Smaller events so far are safe imo for now.
School closing/other things are certainly a possibility though. But scientist can invent a new medicine, then probably the problem will be less in couple of months. Fingers crossed a medicine will be available soon'ish. If not, yes things might worse. Fortunately, i'm taking immune strengthening medicine in last 2 months, so if i get the virus, i hope i'll be fine. I usually suffer from flu or other things... i hate being sick... but maybe this cure i'm on will help a little...
/virustopicoff

I live in small city in Cegled.(not too far from Budapest).

As far as lottery goes, yeah that's math again, I'm following last years the lottery balls procedures and i know it inside out.
It's perfectly random. It's a good system.
It's like they have 1000 numbers. 1-1000.
185 random numbers assigned to Detroit in this 1-1000 range.(18.5% comes out this way)
150 numbers assigned to 2nd place team(15%)
125 to 3rd...(12.5%)
rest of teams less and less...

So they do it 1 by 1 number at the time of the drawing... with air pressure drawing the balls out from a bowl.(like a real lottery, where the stake is 10 million $+)

So the numbers are already assigned to team before the lottery.
So whatever actually happening is already determined on a paper/pdf file.
There is a pdf file each year, where you can look up what number means each team. Like Tampa made the playoffs. They get 0 numbers from the 1000. Odds tampa wins = 0% smile
0-1000: all numbers belong to only 16 teams
So lets say illustrate it with random numbers for Chicago. They had super low % last year to get Nr. 3 overall.
They had a number like 870 + like 30 other numbers only. = low odds % . They are praying that 8 -7 - 0 gets drawn... fast forward to the lottery machine drawing the balls...
The 3rd draw happend. (1st + 2nd won by NJD+NYR)
Number is:

Chicago Blackhawks gets 3rd overall, simple as that.
If it would've been rigged: You need to rig the air pressure in the lottery machine... you can see the balls in the videos fighting for the spot to win. It's on the youtube/nhl.com site...
In this case:
Ball Nr. 8 won the first fight smile
Ball nr. 7 won the 2nd fight smile
Ball nr. 0 won the last fight smile

If the last number Ball Nr. 1 wins hyptetically, it's a good chance number 871 belongs to another team = Chicago doesnt get to pick nr 3 overall ---> like minnesota gets to pick Nr 3...

These are just random example to illustrate how it works...

Let's say hypotetically a team like Ottawa has a number for 399 for this year's lottery.
Besides the countless of other numbers they have ( because they will finish bottom 5 in the standings most likely)
If the number 3 - 9 - 9 will be drawn. Ottawa Senators get's the 1st overall pick.
The numbers assigned it's also random so it's not like 0-200 = detroit. Detroit has numbers like 111 - 152 - 398- 400 - 777 etc.. so they might have 398 and 400 but the number is 399 so they just got unlucky and they lose the 1st overall pick.
I hope i explained it good.
if not, look up on internet some articles smile It's as tranparent as it gets... like a lottery drawn in your country... the lucky person wins... in this case... the luckiest team wins haha wink
Unless you can solve random air pressure, it's impossible to get rigged. So far air pressure = random.
0-9 balls. 1 wins each round. Every ball has 10% chance to win each round. = impossible to predict.
That's why you have 1000 numbers so u can assign 185 numbers to the worst team in the league. So detroit will have exactly 18.5% chance of drawing their number smile
185/1000 = 0.185 chance * 100 = 18.5% to win the lottery, simple as that.
In my opinion it should be changed to more %, so like 30%. I feel 18.5% is too low.
So Detroit will probably get f*ked by the lottery this year...
Ottawa has multiple lottery 1st round picks = ottawa = can be insane winners smile

I just simulated one on tankathon.com:
hUNkfAG.png

You see it's not rigged smile Ottawa can win it, because SJ was insane to give up their 1st for Karlsson.This draft will be super fun, whoever wins smile

I just hope Detroit Red Wings get Lafreniere, so Atlantic becomes stronger = tampa will have more competetion future years. 4 games / year vs detroit = not that much fun when they are tanking...
Fun fact Boston Bruins lost 5 games in a row vs detroit last year + this year... they just won only the 6th smile
So last 6 games Boston vs Detroit: 1-5 LUL
This is the Boston team, which we should beat in 2nd round in the playoffs, if we get past Toronto smile You said they will wreck us. I have my doubts. smile Without Stamkos they have better chance. We'll see if Stamkos will be back by then, or not... it's like 3% worse for us without Stamkos in any matchup... Stamkos still good, even though he usually chokes in the playoffs frown
Latest odds: 73% that TBL-Tor playoffs 1st round happening... It's gonna be fun, i hope we don't lose LUL
Nr. 1 offense vs Nr. 2 offense That's gonna be lot of goals... hahahaa...

Newest playoffs predictions East:

Tampa-Boston--> Tampa(4-3)
Philly-NYI-->NYI (2-4) - based on this years matchup results, philly is in trouble

Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Islanders conference finals
Matchup: 1wins-2losses this year, but i think we can beat them in a 7 game series. With the help of Goodrow/Coleman(+maybe Stamkos back by then) vs Pageau.

Eastern Conference Champions:
Tampa Bay Lightning

St. Louis i think will get an upset by some lower ranked teams and Vegas makes it to the finals/other suprise team...(maybe Edmonton, but they don't have a good goalie so i have no idea)
Vs Vegas Golden Knights i think we still lose. Vs other teams we can win though smile

If St. Louis makes it 2 years in a row(unlikely)= we are 0-4 sweeped for sure ------>"The Nightmare" cry

BTW.:
What happend with your Pittsburgh Penguins. I have similar feelings to last year, where i can't see the fire in your team.
Is it fatigue/bad trades(Marleau too old+Kahun looks good in Buffalo)/injuries catched up?
I expect your team go out 1st round now... i know... u don't like to hear it.... but you guys are losing to every single team right now, where i expect Pens to win... Losing to San jose lottery team to 5:0
Seriously? like WTF? San Jose has injuries like Karlsson as welll... how that happend? losing 5-4 is ok, but 5-0?
I totally predicted a 4-2 Pittsburgh win even at away... this parity in the league jesus...

Can you guys win today finally? Your opponent = Ottawa Senators = super easy?
Metro is hard, so maybe it's time to win a couple? smile
TBL just won vs Calgary = playoff team, next up is Boston = top1 team in the league.
I think we lose today haha, Boston has better form, then us.
I don't think we win this one, even though this matchup is good for us... Last 12 games : 10-2 for us... So either 11-1 or 10-3. We'll see, i expect the 10-3 :/
Sometimes Boston should win 1 or 2 games vs tampa haha.
Boston now is a lock for president's trophy = curse
But we have so much points... and Florida is 1 million miles away in playoffs race... so worst case it's 3rd in atlantic... for us losing = not that bad , but for your team? You also lost to Buffalo at home 5:2, how in the world that happend? Huh?
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Mar. 4, 2020 at 4:21 a.m.
Banned
/virustopicon
Oh yeah cancelling lots of sports events it's a possiblity. I just think currently is a little overblown by media. shakes head

It's not like if you get infected by the virus, you instantly die... last time i heard surviving rate is 95%. So if you are a healthy person(not old/not too young/not pregnant/don't have bad health problems). Then if u get the virus, it's like a bad flu/common cold, maybe little worse, but not life threatening, if u have insurance/u get treatment...
1-3 weeks u feel bad, fever, coughing etc,,, lung problems... then you are fine...
I heard the worst thing is, if you get lung-inflammation... but that's already bad in general... so you need to get treatment for that...
Ofc when u have heart problems already/smoking 1 pack/day/alcohol problems(liver)/blood pressure problems etc.. or taking 10 medicine/day because of bad overall health--> then it's really bad ,like any other disease... but for those people, they should stay home when things get out of control...
You know the people with huge risk factor = can't take any risks, but normal/healthy people should be fine... I think for now the panic is bigger, then the actual threat. But it can get a lot worse i don't deny it...
Fingers crossed it won't be that bad.unsure

Whe we had bird flu, same panic happend... The way i see it. Humanity will live... yeah the olympics might canceled, but that's the biggest event in the world. Smaller events so far are safe imo for now.
School closing/other things are certainly a possibility though. But scientist can invent a new medicine, then probably the problem will be less in couple of months. Fingers crossed a medicine will be available soon'ish. If not, yes things might worse. Fortunately, i'm taking immune strengthening medicine in last 2 months, so if i get the virus, i hope i'll be fine. I usually suffer from flu or other things... i hate being sick... but maybe this cure i'm on will help a little...
/virustopicoff

I live in small city in Cegled.(not too far from Budapest).

As far as lottery goes, yeah that's math again, I'm following last years the lottery balls procedures and i know it inside out.
It's perfectly random. It's a good system.
It's like they have 1000 numbers. 1-1000.
185 random numbers assigned to Detroit in this 1-1000 range.(18.5% comes out this way)
150 numbers assigned to 2nd place team(15%)
125 to 3rd...(12.5%)
rest of teams less and less...

So they do it 1 by 1 number at the time of the drawing... with air pressure drawing the balls out from a bowl.(like a real lottery, where the stake is 10 million $+)

So the numbers are already assigned to team before the lottery.
So whatever actually happening is already determined on a paper/pdf file.
There is a pdf file each year, where you can look up what number means each team. Like Tampa made the playoffs. They get 0 numbers from the 1000. Odds tampa wins = 0% smile
0-1000: all numbers belong to only 16 teams
So lets say illustrate it with random numbers for Chicago. They had super low % last year to get Nr. 3 overall.
They had a number like 870 + like 30 other numbers only. = low odds % . They are praying that 8 -7 - 0 gets drawn... fast forward to the lottery machine drawing the balls...
The 3rd draw happend. (1st + 2nd won by NJD+NYR)
Number is:

Chicago Blackhawks gets 3rd overall, simple as that.
If it would've been rigged: You need to rig the air pressure in the lottery machine... you can see the balls in the videos fighting for the spot to win. It's on the youtube/nhl.com site...
In this case:
Ball Nr. 8 won the first fight smile
Ball nr. 7 won the 2nd fight smile
Ball nr. 0 won the last fight smile

If the last number Ball Nr. 1 wins hyptetically, it's a good chance number 871 belongs to another team = Chicago doesnt get to pick nr 3 overall ---> like minnesota gets to pick Nr 3...

These are just random example to illustrate how it works...

Let's say hypotetically a team like Ottawa has a number for 399 for this year's lottery.
Besides the countless of other numbers they have ( because they will finish bottom 5 in the standings most likely)
If the number 3 - 9 - 9 will be drawn. Ottawa Senators get's the 1st overall pick.
The numbers assigned it's also random so it's not like 0-200 = detroit. Detroit has numbers like 111 - 152 - 398- 400 - 777 etc.. so they might have 398 and 400 but the number is 399 so they just got unlucky and they lose the 1st overall pick.
I hope i explained it good.
if not, look up on internet some articles smile It's as tranparent as it gets... like a lottery drawn in your country... the lucky person wins... in this case... the luckiest team wins haha wink
Unless you can solve random air pressure, it's impossible to get rigged. So far air pressure = random.
0-9 balls. 1 wins each round. Every ball has 10% chance to win each round. = impossible to predict.
That's why you have 1000 numbers so u can assign 185 numbers to the worst team in the league. So detroit will have exactly 18.5% chance of drawing their number smile
185/1000 = 0.185 chance * 100 = 18.5% to win the lottery, simple as that.
In my opinion it should be changed to more %, so like 30%. I feel 18.5% is too low.
So Detroit will probably get f*ked by the lottery this year...
Ottawa has multiple lottery 1st round picks = ottawa = can be insane winners smile

I just simulated one on tankathon.com:
hUNkfAG.png

You see it's not rigged smile Ottawa can win it, because SJ was insane to give up their 1st for Karlsson.This draft will be super fun, whoever wins smile

I just hope Detroit Red Wings get Lafreniere, so Atlantic becomes stronger = tampa will have more competetion future years. 4 games / year vs detroit = not that much fun when they are tanking...
Fun fact Boston Bruins lost 5 games in a row vs detroit last year + this year... they just won only the 6th smile
So last 6 games Boston vs Detroit: 1-5 LUL
This is the Boston team, which we should beat in 2nd round in the playoffs, if we get past Toronto smile You said they will wreck us. I have my doubts. smile Without Stamkos they have better chance. We'll see if Stamkos will be back by then, or not... it's like 3% worse for us without Stamkos in any matchup... Stamkos still good, even though he usually chokes in the playoffs frown
Latest odds: 73% that TBL-Tor playoffs 1st round happening... It's gonna be fun, i hope we don't lose LUL
Nr. 1 offense vs Nr. 2 offense That's gonna be lot of goals... hahahaa...

Newest playoffs predictions East:

Tampa-Boston--> Tampa(4-3)
Philly-NYI-->NYI (2-4) - based on this years matchup results, philly is in trouble

Tampa Bay Lightning vs New York Islanders conference finals
Matchup: 1wins-2losses this year, but i think we can beat them in a 7 game series. With the help of Goodrow/Coleman(+maybe Stamkos back by then) vs Pageau.

Eastern Conference Champions:
Tampa Bay Lightning

St. Louis i think will get an upset by some lower ranked teams and Vegas makes it to the finals/other suprise team...(maybe Edmonton, but they don't have a good goalie so i have no idea)
Vs Vegas Golden Knights i think we still lose. Vs other teams we can win though smile

If St. Louis makes it 2 years in a row(unlikely)= we are 0-4 sweeped for sure ------>"The Nightmare" cry

BTW.:
What happend with your Pittsburgh Penguins. I have similar feelings to last year, where i can't see the fire in your team.
Is it fatigue/bad trades(Marleau too old+Kahun looks good in Buffalo)/injuries catched up?
I expect your team go out 1st round now... i know... u don't like to hear it.... but you guys are losing to every single team right now, where i expect Pens to win... Losing to San jose lottery team to 5:0
Seriously? like WTF? San Jose has injuries like Karlsson as welll... how that happend? losing 5-4 is ok, but 5-0?
I totally predicted a 4-2 Pittsburgh win even at away... this parity in the league jesus...

Can you guys win today finally? Your opponent = Ottawa Senators = super easy?
Metro is hard, so maybe it's time to win a couple? smile
TBL just won vs Calgary = playoff team, next up is Boston = top1 team in the league.
I think we lose today haha, Boston has better form, then us.
I don't think we win this one, even though this matchup is good for us... Last 12 games : 10-2 for us... So either 11-1 or 10-3. We'll see, i expect the 10-3 :/
Sometimes Boston should win 1 or 2 games vs tampa haha.
Boston now is a lock for president's trophy = curse
But we have so much points... and Florida is 1 million miles away in playoffs race... so worst case it's 3rd in atlantic... for us losing = not that bad , but for your team? You also lost to Buffalo at home 5:2, how in the world that happend? Huh?

I think they are going to end up canceling games or something. I wouldn't say that if I didn't see it here in europe first.
There were like 6 people in the US now there are like 100 and hundreds of others that are suspected.
They won't treat this like the flu because the death rate internationally is 3.5%
That's really high.

As for the draft. I won't believe it till I see it. Those stupid cards...nope. That ain't it boss.
If it's not rigged just do the drawing with the balls live. Last I knew they use a "computer" to do it. But it's funny how it always seems to work out best for revenue.

The penguins had no defense for ever with injuries they just got 2 of their top 4 back against OTT. So they will look decent again. Still I don't like their chances. The team is just blah with the injuries.
They look ok when healthy. Would have been nice to see Jake but he's done. i think they make the playoffs out of lack of other teams. If Atlantic had better teams and the metro wasn't always taking 5 slots it would be different. But with CBJ always hurt too, the penguins at worst get 8th seed. Which actually might be best route for them lol.

Is Stamkos done? I think I read regular season but is he out the playoffs too?
I read Stone is out for VGK too, for the year. Not sure if that's true but if it is, that really hurts them.
Better to predict at the start.
Mar. 9, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Mar. 9, 2020 at 9:56 a.m.
I think they are going to end up canceling games or something. I wouldn't say that if I didn't see it here in europe first.
There were like 6 people in the US now there are like 100 and hundreds of others that are suspected.
They won't treat this like the flu because the death rate internationally is 3.5%
That's really high.

As for the draft. I won't believe it till I see it. Those stupid cards...nope. That ain't it boss.
If it's not rigged just do the drawing with the balls live. Last I knew they use a "computer" to do it. But it's funny how it always seems to work out best for revenue.

The penguins had no defense for ever with injuries they just got 2 of their top 4 back against OTT. So they will look decent again. Still I don't like their chances. The team is just blah with the injuries.
They look ok when healthy. Would have been nice to see Jake but he's done. i think they make the playoffs out of lack of other teams. If Atlantic had better teams and the metro wasn't always taking 5 slots it would be different. But with CBJ always hurt too, the penguins at worst get 8th seed. Which actually might be best route for them lol.

Is Stamkos done? I think I read regular season but is he out the playoffs too?
I read Stone is out for VGK too, for the year. Not sure if that's true but if it is, that really hurts them.

/virustopicon
I heard the death rate is going down - some future predictions are already saying it's closer to 2% death rate, and some even predicting it's only ~ 1%, just to compare: influenza has 0.1% death rate, so yes it's worse, but not the worst disease ever.
I heard if you're under 40, you are almost guaranteed to survive(under 10 years no deaths reported), like 0.5% or lower deathrate, which is far from like a random cancer...
The problem i heard is when you can't breathe, or you already have some lung problem in general. So if you don't smoke, don't live in city, where there is horrible air-pollution, then you will be probably fine, if you're young-middle age...
Again, the problem is with old people over 60, over 70+... those people are in danger yes. But from the people shopping even in my city(flour missing from shops), it seems everyone is panicking... it happend in this week in hungary with some iranian tourist, so it's appeared here in my country as well now... We'll see if it get's really bad or not. Hopefully we won't reach Italy levels of spread... or korea...
/virustopic off

Well i predict Ottawa to win the lottery, we'll see who wins pretty soon cool
It's balls, not cards haha:P
No, they don't use computer... That's just for displaying the results, after the balls were drawn from the bowl for the public to see the results smile

I have just seen almost full Carolina-Pittsburgh 1st matchup of the year... it seems to me almost whole team is healthy... Bjugstad, Marino, Dumoulin etc... all there...
Zucker = invisible on the ice... Sheary = same as in buffalo = not good anymore... Rodrigues = alright...
You guys play the easy 2 bottom tier teams(wins)--> then play with a solid team = easy loss...

Again , what happend? I expected at least overtime or a super close game vs Carolina AT HOME. Result = big loss...
That "new rookie player" Geeky just outworked the pens...
Even Jarry doesn't look like a god now... he looked insane earlier in the season, just like Vasi from late dec-mid feb... I thought the problem was Murray, but now i see it's the team defense. Like there is no 5 man unit on the ice there.
Maybe the Kahun trade will cost you a playoffs series win idk at this point... I would bet on Wsh/Philly in the 1st round with a 80% certanity...

The Wsh-Pittsburgh game i saw as well... i expected a Washington Capitals victory... they didn't disappoint me...
They were clearly the better team... they were super physical as usual... 3-0 first period... game was already over i knew...
Wow, that seems impossible to me that Penguins going down to 8th. That would be a Boston-Pittsburgh matchup, which would be pretty close i think. Yes that's better matchup then vs metro teams for sure...
Well the problem with tanking that low is that you might miss the playoffs, so that's super risky... i don't think that's Mike Sullivan's goal to barely miss the playoffs...

As for Stone, i think he predicted to comeback before reg season ending... so it's more like week-to week. it doesn't look that bad... but they can be lying so you never know... some teams doesn't like to tell the truth about bad injuries for a while..

Stamkos is easy for you to know, it's the exact same injury as for Crosby this year.
I checked for Crosby and it was 1.5 months to skate + 2 weeks to play = full 2 months recovery needed... idk if it was that long, because they were super careful, so it could have been ~7 weeks around.
From this it looks to me he is for sure missing 1st round playoffs Vs Toronto Maple Leafs (90% we play them) cry
So it means Toronto has like close to 35-40% to beat us... it's not the best news for my team chances to win it all... if we fail to win vs Toronto, i think we deserve our faith... that team never caused trouble for us for years... It should be on paper a 4-2 series victory... fingers crossed we don't choke...

The key piece for us in the playoffs is Hedman though.
Without Hedman our defense = 3 or 4 goals allowed / game. huff
With Hedman it can go down to 2.0 or 2.5/game... it's insane i know...Winking with Tongue Out
That's why we lost last year in playoffs that badly as well.
Injured Hedman = worse then replacement level defender... when u have a terrible 1st pairing D vs top lines like Panarin/Duchene... + the hot goalie Bobrovski... you can check the results... 50% pk... etc...
But vs Toronto-->it's a much better matchup because they are not phyisical... so it's possible for us with injuries as well to outgrind them.

Have you seen the Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning match 2 days ago? We won 5-3 IN Boston!!! , where nobody wins in the NHL... Boston is like 26-3-5 at home...
It was the most insane phyisical match i've ever seen between these 2 teams... there were like 4-5 fights... crazy big hits... big hits/scrums all over the game + dirty hits by Chara+Cirelli... it was just playoffs hockey 100% level... and we handled Marchand again...
Maroon vs Chara fight hahaaa that was cool
Goodrow helped in that part of the game again. We won't get pushed around any more by 8+ teams...(like Columbus + others last year)
I can see why BriseBois wanted to bring him in haha(soooooo expensive though...)...
I checked the new guys:Kase in advanced stats, he was the best in Anaheim for creating offense. He causes trouble for us... But we managed somehow...
Charlie Coyle also pretty good, so we will have more trouble this year based on this last match... At least that Ritchie dude is not good at all...
This series will be pretty close in the 2nd round...(except if u guys finish 8th on east and cause an upset hahaaa)
But i think if Stamkos comes back, we can still win barely (4-3 series win).

I just can't ever see Boston losing in 1st round to any wild card team except the Penguins smile
They looked really good vs Carolina/Islanders/Rangers... every time i watch those games.... feels to me Boston just can't lose those games...
So i always expect a Boston-TBL 2nd round matchup 90%... unless upsets...
Mar. 9, 2020 at 9:25 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Mar. 9, 2020 at 9:55 a.m.

Better to predict at the start.

I like to predict throughout the year, to see how wrong i was(too much parity u know haha)

So anyways,back to playoffs chances...
I think now we can handle every team physically except 3: Wsh/Philly/St. Louis...
I think they will still outmuscle us: those 3 teams--->but 27/30 matchups = fine, we are pretty balanced now... cool
On the other hand Washington will have problems in the playoffs, unless they can fix their defense = not that balanced.
I thought Samsonov is the key for Washington, but it looks like he went back to earth... maybe it's team defense as welll.... i think last few months Wsh = 3.5 goals allowed/game, which is bottom 5 in whole league...

With NYI nowadays losing every single game... and looking hopeless offense... now i think the most dangerous opponent is Philadelphia Flyers

Fair enough moneypuck.com(pretty good advanced stat site - i just discovered) predicting right now that they will win the cup...

wotFQ4x.pngSo as you can see top favourite:
Philly:12.6%
2nd is VGK(my guess right now still to win it all)
3rd favorite:Colorado(my 2nd fav team)
TBL right now on 4th place like 9%

Carter Hart i don't think he is ready for a cup win yet... so that's why i think we can win vs them... You always need a hot goalie to win the cup... I've never seen so far Philly had a hot goalie in last few years... If he is just above average... we can win the series 4-2(maybe 4-3). So that's a final for us... and there anything can happen based on who the opponent will be...

The other advanced stat site i mentioned last week(the athletic) still predicts us ~ 21% favorite to win cup...

I also check sometimes hockey-reference for playoffs odss:
Colorado: 14% to win cup
TBL: 12%
Boston: ~11% as well

So i like to aggregate chances, because more sources = better overall knowledge.

Based on all 3 sites combined = 14% to win the cup... not bad considering 6.25% is the default chance if you think all 16 teams in the playoffs are equally likely to win it all.

Penguins: 6% based on hockey-reference wink there is hope for you haha...;wink Not that bad, even though i give them 1% neutral

PS. I just discovered the Marino trade with Edmonton - that's a highway robbery for you guys.... why Edmonton give up on that guy without playing in the league? Your GM was genius in that trade nod rock on
Mar. 11, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
Banned
/virustopicon
I heard the death rate is going down - some future predictions are already saying it's closer to 2% death rate, and some even predicting it's only ~ 1%, just to compare: influenza has 0.1% death rate, so yes it's worse, but not the worst disease ever.
I heard if you're under 40, you are almost guaranteed to survive(under 10 years no deaths reported), like 0.5% or lower deathrate, which is far from like a random cancer...
The problem i heard is when you can't breathe, or you already have some lung problem in general. So if you don't smoke, don't live in city, where there is horrible air-pollution, then you will be probably fine, if you're young-middle age...
Again, the problem is with old people over 60, over 70+... those people are in danger yes. But from the people shopping even in my city(flour missing from shops), it seems everyone is panicking... it happend in this week in hungary with some iranian tourist, so it's appeared here in my country as well now... We'll see if it get's really bad or not. Hopefully we won't reach Italy levels of spread... or korea...
/virustopic off

Well i predict Ottawa to win the lottery, we'll see who wins pretty soon cool
It's balls, not cards haha:P
No, they don't use computer... That's just for displaying the results, after the balls were drawn from the bowl for the public to see the results smile

I have just seen almost full Carolina-Pittsburgh 1st matchup of the year... it seems to me almost whole team is healthy... Bjugstad, Marino, Dumoulin etc... all there...
Zucker = invisible on the ice... Sheary = same as in buffalo = not good anymore... Rodrigues = alright...
You guys play the easy 2 bottom tier teams(wins)--> then play with a solid team = easy loss...

Again , what happend? I expected at least overtime or a super close game vs Carolina AT HOME. Result = big loss...
That "new rookie player" Geeky just outworked the pens...
Even Jarry doesn't look like a god now... he looked insane earlier in the season, just like Vasi from late dec-mid feb... I thought the problem was Murray, but now i see it's the team defense. Like there is no 5 man unit on the ice there.
Maybe the Kahun trade will cost you a playoffs series win idk at this point... I would bet on Wsh/Philly in the 1st round with a 80% certanity...

The Wsh-Pittsburgh game i saw as well... i expected a Washington Capitals victory... they didn't disappoint me...
They were clearly the better team... they were super physical as usual... 3-0 first period... game was already over i knew...
Wow, that seems impossible to me that Penguins going down to 8th. That would be a Boston-Pittsburgh matchup, which would be pretty close i think. Yes that's better matchup then vs metro teams for sure...
Well the problem with tanking that low is that you might miss the playoffs, so that's super risky... i don't think that's Mike Sullivan's goal to barely miss the playoffs...

As for Stone, i think he predicted to comeback before reg season ending... so it's more like week-to week. it doesn't look that bad... but they can be lying so you never know... some teams doesn't like to tell the truth about bad injuries for a while..

Stamkos is easy for you to know, it's the exact same injury as for Crosby this year.
I checked for Crosby and it was 1.5 months to skate + 2 weeks to play = full 2 months recovery needed... idk if it was that long, because they were super careful, so it could have been ~7 weeks around.
From this it looks to me he is for sure missing 1st round playoffs Vs Toronto Maple Leafs (90% we play them) cry
So it means Toronto has like close to 35-40% to beat us... it's not the best news for my team chances to win it all... if we fail to win vs Toronto, i think we deserve our faith... that team never caused trouble for us for years... It should be on paper a 4-2 series victory... fingers crossed we don't choke...

The key piece for us in the playoffs is Hedman though.
Without Hedman our defense = 3 or 4 goals allowed / game. huff
With Hedman it can go down to 2.0 or 2.5/game... it's insane i know...Winking with Tongue Out
That's why we lost last year in playoffs that badly as well.
Injured Hedman = worse then replacement level defender... when u have a terrible 1st pairing D vs top lines like Panarin/Duchene... + the hot goalie Bobrovski... you can check the results... 50% pk... etc...
But vs Toronto-->it's a much better matchup because they are not phyisical... so it's possible for us with injuries as well to outgrind them.

Have you seen the Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning match 2 days ago? We won 5-3 IN Boston!!! , where nobody wins in the NHL... Boston is like 26-3-5 at home...
It was the most insane phyisical match i've ever seen between these 2 teams... there were like 4-5 fights... crazy big hits... big hits/scrums all over the game + dirty hits by Chara+Cirelli... it was just playoffs hockey 100% level... and we handled Marchand again...
Maroon vs Chara fight hahaaa that was cool
Goodrow helped in that part of the game again. We won't get pushed around any more by 8+ teams...(like Columbus + others last year)
I can see why BriseBois wanted to bring him in haha(soooooo expensive though...)...
I checked the new guys:Kase in advanced stats, he was the best in Anaheim for creating offense. He causes trouble for us... But we managed somehow...
Charlie Coyle also pretty good, so we will have more trouble this year based on this last match... At least that Ritchie dude is not good at all...
This series will be pretty close in the 2nd round...(except if u guys finish 8th on east and cause an upset hahaaa)
But i think if Stamkos comes back, we can still win barely (4-3 series win).

I just can't ever see Boston losing in 1st round to any wild card team except the Penguins smile
They looked really good vs Carolina/Islanders/Rangers... every time i watch those games.... feels to me Boston just can't lose those games...
So i always expect a Boston-TBL 2nd round matchup 90%... unless upsets...

I have never seen the NHL draw balls out the hopper. If they do that they should do it on camera. All I have ever seen is them say their thing about the computer and then show these dumb cards.

The Penguins will take on the Blue Jackets tomorrow night in a closed arena....... They just announced that. Like what 2 weeks or whatever? I'm telling you, odds of a winner just as good as odds of no game.
This gonna be an odd game to watch.
It only takes one team to get infected and they will cancel the season.

I saw the Bruins and TB game where there was all those fights. Good game. They cheap shot Chara with a cross check when he and Maroon were about to go at it. That guys an idiot. No respect.
But the problem with those games for TB is it's lot of bottom 6 players on the ice in that game. Come the playoffs those guys will probably be on the bench. Maybe they should bench the top lines and let them play?

Edmonton gave up Marino because they couldn't sign him. He wanted to play, instant playing time on the penguins. There is a good story on it here.
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2019/10/21/pittsburgh-penguins-john-marino-harvard-hockey-paul-marino/stories/201910210079

If you don;t have access to the site, one of the ways around it is to hit stop button in web browser quickly before page finish loading. You will be able to read the story.
Badly built web page tears of joy

I think TOR matchup best one for TB. TOR has no defense and no fight.
Boston I agree is most likely 2nd round bound.

Philly as highest % to win a cup???? Who made that Gritty? tears of joy

I don't know, I think Caps probably best team in the Metro. We'll see. They can be beat. They might have a hard match up against the Islanders or CBJ they struggle against those teams because they don't let WSH bully them. Course they could play CAR and BOS might get CBJ or NYI.

We'll see if we even get games. It's a long ways away.
Mar. 11, 2020 at 9:53 p.m.
Banned
I like to predict throughout the year, to see how wrong i was(too much parity u know haha)

So anyways,back to playoffs chances...
I think now we can handle every team physically except 3: Wsh/Philly/St. Louis...
I think they will still outmuscle us: those 3 teams--->but 27/30 matchups = fine, we are pretty balanced now... cool
On the other hand Washington will have problems in the playoffs, unless they can fix their defense = not that balanced.
I thought Samsonov is the key for Washington, but it looks like he went back to earth... maybe it's team defense as welll.... i think last few months Wsh = 3.5 goals allowed/game, which is bottom 5 in whole league...

With NYI nowadays losing every single game... and looking hopeless offense... now i think the most dangerous opponent is Philadelphia Flyers

Fair enough moneypuck.com(pretty good advanced stat site - i just discovered) predicting right now that they will win the cup...

wotFQ4x.pngSo as you can see top favourite:
Philly:12.6%
2nd is VGK(my guess right now still to win it all)
3rd favorite:Colorado(my 2nd fav team)
TBL right now on 4th place like 9%

Carter Hart i don't think he is ready for a cup win yet... so that's why i think we can win vs them... You always need a hot goalie to win the cup... I've never seen so far Philly had a hot goalie in last few years... If he is just above average... we can win the series 4-2(maybe 4-3). So that's a final for us... and there anything can happen based on who the opponent will be...

The other advanced stat site i mentioned last week(the athletic) still predicts us ~ 21% favorite to win cup...

I also check sometimes hockey-reference for playoffs odss:
Colorado: 14% to win cup
TBL: 12%
Boston: ~11% as well

So i like to aggregate chances, because more sources = better overall knowledge.

Based on all 3 sites combined = 14% to win the cup... not bad considering 6.25% is the default chance if you think all 16 teams in the playoffs are equally likely to win it all.

Penguins: 6% based on hockey-reference wink there is hope for you haha...;wink Not that bad, even though i give them 1% neutral

PS. I just discovered the Marino trade with Edmonton - that's a highway robbery for you guys.... why Edmonton give up on that guy without playing in the league? Your GM was genius in that trade nod rock on

NBA just suspended the season
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2880463-nba-suspends-season-until-further-notice-amid-positive-coronavirus-test

NHL next???
Mar. 12, 2020 at 2:15 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Mar. 12, 2020 at 2:53 a.m.

I read this amazing story about Marino(s).
I'm shocked... CoolStoryBob wink
They should do a sportsnet video about it... like i've seen yesterday on sportsnet about Motte dealing with anxiety(revelead in the video).
Vancouver Canucks Vs. New York Islanders = game of the week imo - i watch a lot of other teams, when i'm bored Sticking Out Tongue
Congrats to that Pittsburgh scout, i guess that's another way to get insane players smile (know them from young age and follow their career).
I think one of our scout followed Point's career in junior's. He just knew this guy is special smile Still 78 other teams skipping him... Round 3 79th pick...
It's insane how NHL teams only have choosen players early rounds by combine data/weight/size and they didn't care about skill in 2014 until later rounds.

I think now it's changed...now several other teams are picking small skilled/goalscorers/playmakers, like Montreal drafting Caufield in round 1... but still they're like really scared to draft those tiny players... They're saying like "if this guy is small/weak = noone drafts him anyways, so let's just wait until round 3 to draft this "kucherov" or "point" or "gaudreau" or "debrincat" caliber player...
I mean until referees are cheating in the playoffs...it works... but if it ever changes ie. same rules in playoffs vs reg season, then smaller players will become instantly drafted in round 1 i bet...
St. Louis Blues + Dallas Stars = zero small players forever rolling eyes

I think it's Gary Bettman's fault... there is no way a penalty is a penalty in reg season... then you do the same thing(like holding) more times = less penalites.... it's just a joke...
I just watched Boston-Philly game... Marchand did like 4+ obvious holdings, he got a penalty like 2/4 times... If you do 4 holdings in my book... even in playoffs... 1 player = 8 min penalty... otherwise it's blatant cheating... If a tampa player does 6 holding penalty a game = 12 mintue powerplay for our opponent...i will be mad... but rules are rules...
So Marchand in playoffs will do 6 holdings/game, will get called for like 1/6 = 10 min powerplay advantage for that team... same will be for washington's dangerous tom wilson hits... he will cause 2 injury/game... maybe 1 game suspension... will be a joke like usual... but if kucherov makes 1 bad move... instant suspension... because we are soft...
It's a rumour that we are a soft team, even if it's not true anymore, you still claimed 1 week ago we are soft, and boston will destroy us smile
Looks like NHL referees officiating based on "rumours"... we get penalized every game way too much.... like joke penalties... which are never called for 90% of other matches... result = again last place in penalties taken stats around in the league... or close to it...

Soft teams gets punished... but if u play super hard = referees = become immune to that team's "shady things" over the time...
I watched a St. Louis Blues game this week... this St. Louis player elbows the other guy, like literally an insane hit to the head, it was sundquist i think, but might be not him, doesn't matter who he was...
It was obvious he should get major penalty/game misconduct/suspension... Then they review it from the "booth"... they change it to minor 2 penalty random "elbowing".
LUL What a joke LUL Florida Panthers still won that game, but that's crazy that you can get away by causing a bad concussion(not by accident)... then 2 minutes small minor penalty... Like nothing happend... dat poor florida player... I think he still sees ghosts from that hit... and the migraine...
That's how St. Louis won the cup... ofc players are scared Vs. them and they play bad Vs. St. Louis, if referees are doing nothing to stop the obvious unsportsmanlike conducts...
I see so many 1-3 game suspensions... those are literally nothing... nobody cares about 1 game suspension.. they should do like 5 minimum games suspension... then if you did multiple times.. then 5x 2... then 5x3... next elbowing(like what perry did in that outdoor series...) then 20 games... etc... great rules...

I know last year referees wanted columbus to win... well they got it... good for that city for 1st playoffs win ever... then whole league laughed about us... they should have laughed about referees obvious "noncalls" 5 times/game at minimum, thats 40 minutes powerplay non-called(4 games*5= 20 penalties), just because it's playoff hockey LUL...

Oh yeah, and i didn't even talked about the statistically proven(I've seen it on twitter 1-2 months ago) "evening up" penalty calls by refs...
So, if a team has 4 powerplays vs other teams 0 powerplays = Result should be = 50% that the team with 4 powerplays get's the 5th...
Nope. It's almost crazy high number of times the team with 0 powerplays will get the 1st powerplay...
Then it's still really big number they will get the 2nd, before the other team gets the 5th.
Then it's get closer but still likely 3rd for the team... It's a thing in the league and it's he dumbest thing i've ever seen in sports officiating. Like if 1 team makes 20 penalties, give them 40 minute penalties. If other team did no misconducts... 40 vs 4(2 minor they did let's say)... rules are rules... you will never see this happening... it's a fact...

BriseBois did the right thing with the trades... i wonder if we also will not get punished by those hits/holdings/interferences or "cheapshots" as you call them... if there will be any playoffs...
Chara deserves every cheapshots... he never gets suspended and he does it all the time...
He just did in the TBL-BOS game as well btw later in that game... referees saw nothing ofc... NHL is a joke right now... need video referees soon,(who can actually stop the game in case he sees something bad happens, which referees miss) game is too fast nowadays on ice for the refs... shakes head

Yes, i've seen that an NBA player getting infected with the virus and heard about the news couple hours ago in a random comment on youtube...
That's really bad news and i have to admit you were right about this stuff nod and i was super wrong... shakes head
I didn't think it would spread this fast in rich countries and be unstoppable...
It's much worse, than i thought. The "panic" is through the roof with every single sports event now... and theaters... and cinemas... and concerts... etc... i knew about in china noone was on the streets... But still...this soon...
Indian wells, like 5th best tennis event in the world just got canceled. I'm a huge sports/tennis fan, so i'm really mad/sad that 1 billion sports event cancelled, because of this virus...
Next is NHL, now i have no doubt it will get cancelled...
I don't think without spectators, it will be fun... so i don't see how that's a solution at all...
Now i'm banking on rip full NHL season... Can they resume season in june? If the virus will stop spreading in summer? Or that's not an option?(no rest for players then until next season, if there will be even a 2020/2021 season...)
Vaccine is even with modern advanced techonology is like 1 year away... We would need vaccine in these months... not next year... so maybe rip almost??? all sports events in 2019? European football championships, olympics,tennis,nba,nhl... everything... great... rip nfl as well in september??? ouch...cry
What happens if humanity get's an actual life threathening virus like 50% death rate in modern age??? We need to spend insane money right now to prepare... We thought we are fine... Nope we are not...
Time to watch those hollywood movies about viruses/diseases and disaster movies... we all thought it's gonna be in "2012"...
Looks like 2020 is the new "2012"... and as i said what happens if in 20 years we get a much worse virus?...
Mar. 12, 2020 at 10:53 a.m.
Banned
I read this amazing story about Marino(s).
I'm shocked... CoolStoryBob wink
They should do a sportsnet video about it... like i've seen yesterday on sportsnet about Motte dealing with anxiety(revelead in the video).
Vancouver Canucks Vs. New York Islanders = game of the week imo - i watch a lot of other teams, when i'm bored Sticking Out Tongue
Congrats to that Pittsburgh scout, i guess that's another way to get insane players smile (know them from young age and follow their career).
I think one of our scout followed Point's career in junior's. He just knew this guy is special smile Still 78 other teams skipping him... Round 3 79th pick...
It's insane how NHL teams only have choosen players early rounds by combine data/weight/size and they didn't care about skill in 2014 until later rounds.

I think now it's changed...now several other teams are picking small skilled/goalscorers/playmakers, like Montreal drafting Caufield in round 1... but still they're like really scared to draft those tiny players... They're saying like "if this guy is small/weak = noone drafts him anyways, so let's just wait until round 3 to draft this "kucherov" or "point" or "gaudreau" or "debrincat" caliber player...
I mean until referees are cheating in the playoffs...it works... but if it ever changes ie. same rules in playoffs vs reg season, then smaller players will become instantly drafted in round 1 i bet...
St. Louis Blues + Dallas Stars = zero small players forever rolling eyes

I think it's Gary Bettman's fault... there is no way a penalty is a penalty in reg season... then you do the same thing(like holding) more times = less penalites.... it's just a joke...
I just watched Boston-Philly game... Marchand did like 4+ obvious holdings, he got a penalty like 2/4 times... If you do 4 holdings in my book... even in playoffs... 1 player = 8 min penalty... otherwise it's blatant cheating... If a tampa player does 6 holding penalty a game = 12 mintue powerplay for our opponent...i will be mad... but rules are rules...
So Marchand in playoffs will do 6 holdings/game, will get called for like 1/6 = 10 min powerplay advantage for that team... same will be for washington's dangerous tom wilson hits... he will cause 2 injury/game... maybe 1 game suspension... will be a joke like usual... but if kucherov makes 1 bad move... instant suspension... because we are soft...
It's a rumour that we are a soft team, even if it's not true anymore, you still claimed 1 week ago we are soft, and boston will destroy us smile
Looks like NHL referees officiating based on "rumours"... we get penalized every game way too much.... like joke penalties... which are never called for 90% of other matches... result = again last place in penalties taken stats around in the league... or close to it...

Soft teams gets punished... but if u play super hard = referees = become immune to that team's "shady things" over the time...
I watched a St. Louis Blues game this week... this St. Louis player elbows the other guy, like literally an insane hit to the head, it was sundquist i think, but might be not him, doesn't matter who he was...
It was obvious he should get major penalty/game misconduct/suspension... Then they review it from the "booth"... they change it to minor 2 penalty random "elbowing".
LUL What a joke LUL Florida Panthers still won that game, but that's crazy that you can get away by causing a bad concussion(not by accident)... then 2 minutes small minor penalty... Like nothing happend... dat poor florida player... I think he still sees ghosts from that hit... and the migraine...
That's how St. Louis won the cup... ofc players are scared Vs. them and they play bad Vs. St. Louis, if referees are doing nothing to stop the obvious unsportsmanlike conducts...
I see so many 1-3 game suspensions... those are literally nothing... nobody cares about 1 game suspension.. they should do like 5 minimum games suspension... then if you did multiple times.. then 5x 2... then 5x3... next elbowing(like what perry did in that outdoor series...) then 20 games... etc... great rules...

I know last year referees wanted columbus to win... well they got it... good for that city for 1st playoffs win ever... then whole league laughed about us... they should have laughed about referees obvious "noncalls" 5 times/game at minimum, thats 40 minutes powerplay non-called(4 games*5= 20 penalties), just because it's playoff hockey LUL...

Oh yeah, and i didn't even talked about the statistically proven(I've seen it on twitter 1-2 months ago) "evening up" penalty calls by refs...
So, if a team has 4 powerplays vs other teams 0 powerplays = Result should be = 50% that the team with 4 powerplays get's the 5th...
Nope. It's almost crazy high number of times the team with 0 powerplays will get the 1st powerplay...
Then it's still really big number they will get the 2nd, before the other team gets the 5th.
Then it's get closer but still likely 3rd for the team... It's a thing in the league and it's he dumbest thing i've ever seen in sports officiating. Like if 1 team makes 20 penalties, give them 40 minute penalties. If other team did no misconducts... 40 vs 4(2 minor they did let's say)... rules are rules... you will never see this happening... it's a fact...

BriseBois did the right thing with the trades... i wonder if we also will not get punished by those hits/holdings/interferences or "cheapshots" as you call them... if there will be any playoffs...
Chara deserves every cheapshots... he never gets suspended and he does it all the time...
He just did in the TBL-BOS game as well btw later in that game... referees saw nothing ofc... NHL is a joke right now... need video referees soon,(who can actually stop the game in case he sees something bad happens, which referees miss) game is too fast nowadays on ice for the refs... shakes head

Yes, i've seen that an NBA player getting infected with the virus and heard about the news couple hours ago in a random comment on youtube...
That's really bad news and i have to admit you were right about this stuff nod and i was super wrong... shakes head
I didn't think it would spread this fast in rich countries and be unstoppable...
It's much worse, than i thought. The "panic" is through the roof with every single sports event now... and theaters... and cinemas... and concerts... etc... i knew about in china noone was on the streets... But still...this soon...
Indian wells, like 5th best tennis event in the world just got canceled. I'm a huge sports/tennis fan, so i'm really mad/sad that 1 billion sports event cancelled, because of this virus...
Next is NHL, now i have no doubt it will get cancelled...
I don't think without spectators, it will be fun... so i don't see how that's a solution at all...
Now i'm banking on rip full NHL season... Can they resume season in june? If the virus will stop spreading in summer? Or that's not an option?(no rest for players then until next season, if there will be even a 2020/2021 season...)
Vaccine is even with modern advanced techonology is like 1 year away... We would need vaccine in these months... not next year... so maybe rip almost??? all sports events in 2019? European football championships, olympics,tennis,nba,nhl... everything... great... rip nfl as well in september??? ouch...cry
What happens if humanity get's an actual life threathening virus like 50% death rate in modern age??? We need to spend insane money right now to prepare... We thought we are fine... Nope we are not...
Time to watch those hollywood movies about viruses/diseases and disaster movies... we all thought it's gonna be in "2012"...
Looks like 2020 is the new "2012"... and as i said what happens if in 20 years we get a much worse virus?...

yeah I think the season is over soon. 75% chance made up stat lol
If they suspend play it's too close to next season to resume.
Games start in September and end in June. And then you have to have the draft sometime in between and Free agency. There is not enough time.
It's only like 2 1/2 months between. There would be no off season. Because this probably going to last a month or longer.

Teams with really good chances got to be mad.
Penguins probably swept 1st round lol. oh well.
Only way is if they cancel last 13 games and start playoffs right away. Maybe do shorten best of 3.
But I don't think they will because of the travel etc...

NHL will never call all those penalties. Slows the game down no fun to watch. All special teams games.
Parros head of player safety squinty smile

They won't change the game till something really bad happens aka they get sued. They are reactionary.
Jul. 22, 2020 at 7:37 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
yeah I think the season is over soon. 75% chance made up stat lol
If they suspend play it's too close to next season to resume.
Games start in September and end in June. And then you have to have the draft sometime in between and Free agency. There is not enough time.
It's only like 2 1/2 months between. There would be no off season. Because this probably going to last a month or longer.

Teams with really good chances got to be mad.
Penguins probably swept 1st round lol. oh well.
Only way is if they cancel last 13 games and start playoffs right away. Maybe do shorten best of 3.
But I don't think they will because of the travel etc...

NHL will never call all those penalties. Slows the game down no fun to watch. All special teams games.
Parros head of player safety squinty smile

They won't change the game till something really bad happens aka they get sued. They are reactionary.

I'm back dude.. .season soon(tm) restarting.. empty seats, like i suspected.... i wonder how much fun it will be for player or fans... we'll see... in europe in football matches they emulate in TV boradcasts the audience with pre recorded audience sounds ffrom previous matches... i'm not sure if they'll do the same in NHL haha...

Jesus USA handled this virus so bad... It's a miracle we can see sports... in europe same cases/deaths = would be no matches at all... would rip all sports events with those numbers full 2019...

One good thing for your Pittsburgh Penguins... Easy series.... EASY 3-0... WAY too EASY... Winking with Tongue Out Winking with Tongue Out Winking with Tongue Out
RIP Montreal Canadiens. I would bet my house that your team wins that series... Crosby will not let you down rock on , if he is healthy. You scared though? haha rolling eyes
What if you lose and you get with the 12.5% chance that #1 draft pick dream.... Crosby replacement for 15 years... 2020-2035.... hahahaha...If Montreal gets it... maybe you will cry after playoffs over, that u wished for your team to lose this series... i don't have any doubt that Lafreniere will be super special player.... 100 points+ for many years after the one rookie year or two struggles.(most player struggles first few years).
Tampa is playing joke(no point of these matches, since it's bubble neutral ice) playoff preseason matches vs 3 toughest teams in league besides St. Louis Blues...
All i can hope is all those teams will only be in "coasting" mode Haha... tears of joy good luck for Stamkos not getting injured jeez... Please Tom Wilson, have some halo mercy halo on us!
Jul. 22, 2020 at 8:32 p.m.
Banned
I'm back dude.. .season soon(tm) restarting.. empty seats, like i suspected.... i wonder how much fun it will be for player or fans... we'll see... in europe in football matches they emulate in TV boradcasts the audience with pre recorded audience sounds ffrom previous matches... i'm not sure if they'll do the same in NHL haha...

Jesus USA handled this virus so bad... It's a miracle we can see sports... in europe same cases/deaths = would be no matches at all... would rip all sports events with those numbers full 2019...

One good thing for your Pittsburgh Penguins... Easy series.... EASY 3-0... WAY too EASY... Winking with Tongue Out Winking with Tongue Out Winking with Tongue Out
RIP Montreal Canadiens. I would bet my house that your team wins that series... Crosby will not let you down rock on , if he is healthy. You scared though? haha rolling eyes
What if you lose and you get with the 12.5% chance that #1 draft pick dream.... Crosby replacement for 15 years... 2020-2035.... hahahaha...If Montreal gets it... maybe you will cry after playoffs over, that u wished for your team to lose this series... i don't have any doubt that Lafreniere will be super special player.... 100 points+ for many years after the one rookie year or two struggles.(most player struggles first few years).
Tampa is playing joke(no point of these matches, since it's bubble neutral ice) playoff preseason matches vs 3 toughest teams in league besides St. Louis Blues...
All i can hope is all those teams will only be in "coasting" mode Haha... tears of joy good luck for Stamkos not getting injured jeez... Please Tom Wilson, have some halo mercy halo on us!

yeah this will be interesting. I think 50/50 odds they finish. Although they are almost forced too. One outbreak in a hotel and they gonna have real issues. Bubble is good as long as it doesn't get in. If it does it's not a bubble it's an incubator.

I think penguins win easy. We'll see when the next series start. Then again they always start so slow. But might be because games don't really mean much in October.
But all play in teams got 50/50 chance. You either win or you lose.

Wilson is a jerk but won't be looking to get suspended yet.

Games in europe were hard to watch. You hear noise but can see seats are empty.
fake like everything else on tv.
Jul. 22, 2020 at 9:01 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Jul. 22, 2020 at 9:10 p.m.
yeah this will be interesting. I think 50/50 odds they finish. Although they are almost forced too. One outbreak in a hotel and they gonna have real issues. Bubble is good as long as it doesn't get in. If it does it's not a bubble it's an incubator.

I think penguins win easy. We'll see when the next series start. Then again they always start so slow. But might be because games don't really mean much in October.
But all play in teams got 50/50 chance. You either win or you lose.

Wilson is a jerk but won't be looking to get suspended yet.

Games in europe were hard to watch. You hear noise but can see seats are empty.
fake like everything else on tv.

True true true, i wonder how hard the players will play without fans... Especially round 2... I consider your qualifings match as Round 0...
I excpect softer plays then usual, referees will be not get distracted too much, and call penalties more correctly maybe...

I just want an equal playing field with no bull_$_hit calls. Just a fair game without suspensions + crazy injures, like usual... But maybe i'm delusional and when tampa and boston plays, things will get out of control like in the regular season.

Fun fact. Jon Cooper talked in an interview about that famous tampa-boston "best game of the season by a landslide" match.
He actually said by my surprise it was not a premeditated game at all , and we went into it like any normal game!!!. It was just all that happend there, it's just happend by the moment... It was not even planned that we play hard at all... + fights every 5 mins... That's just crazy to me. I was shocked by his comments...
I always thought it was a statement game and we just wanted to prepare for playoffs style games...
Nope it was just players getting mad and crazy out there haha... Good to know that NHL can be that reactionary almost full match from nowhere haha... All other games vs Boston this season were normal "kinda" games so it was crazy that it happend... That's why we watch games as fan i guess. That match worth 30 bad games of experience... Maybe i should rewatch it before playoff starts haha...

I expect from the seeding games group we will finish 1win-2losses and getting #3 place... Who do you think we will play playoffs round 1 if we finish #3rd seed? Do you have some knowledge bombs about the playoffs round 1, who plays who? I have no idea, i was out of the loop for so long with NHL stuff i started to get up to date this week. Watched the lottery and some news etc...

Oh yeah , i expect the winners to be Toronto Maple Leafs New York Islanders Carolina Hurricanes Pittsburgh Penguins. No way Rangers gonna win vs Carolina, no way... I give them only 25%
The others are pretty str8 forward imo...
Trotz will destroy Quennville... Pens we talked about... Columbus is 5 times worse than last year... if toronto can't win that series, without panarin+ duchene+bobrovsky columbus, what can you say for toronto fans then... watch NBA LOL? Toronto is a 80% lock in my book there...
What's your predictions for east Round 0 Qualifiers?
Jul. 23, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
Banned
True true true, i wonder how hard the players will play without fans... Especially round 2... I consider your qualifings match as Round 0...
I excpect softer plays then usual, referees will be not get distracted too much, and call penalties more correctly maybe...

I just want an equal playing field with no bull_$_hit calls. Just a fair game without suspensions + crazy injures, like usual... But maybe i'm delusional and when tampa and boston plays, things will get out of control like in the regular season.

Fun fact. Jon Cooper talked in an interview about that famous tampa-boston "best game of the season by a landslide" match.
He actually said by my surprise it was not a premeditated game at all , and we went into it like any normal game!!!. It was just all that happend there, it's just happend by the moment... It was not even planned that we play hard at all... + fights every 5 mins... That's just crazy to me. I was shocked by his comments...
I always thought it was a statement game and we just wanted to prepare for playoffs style games...
Nope it was just players getting mad and crazy out there haha... Good to know that NHL can be that reactionary almost full match from nowhere haha... All other games vs Boston this season were normal "kinda" games so it was crazy that it happend... That's why we watch games as fan i guess. That match worth 30 bad games of experience... Maybe i should rewatch it before playoff starts haha...

I expect from the seeding games group we will finish 1win-2losses and getting #3 place... Who do you think we will play playoffs round 1 if we finish #3rd seed? Do you have some knowledge bombs about the playoffs round 1, who plays who? I have no idea, i was out of the loop for so long with NHL stuff i started to get up to date this week. Watched the lottery and some news etc...

Oh yeah , i expect the winners to be Toronto Maple Leafs New York Islanders Carolina Hurricanes Pittsburgh Penguins. No way Rangers gonna win vs Carolina, no way... I give them only 25%
The others are pretty str8 forward imo...
Trotz will destroy Quennville... Pens we talked about... Columbus is 5 times worse than last year... if toronto can't win that series, without panarin+ duchene+bobrovsky columbus, what can you say for toronto fans then... watch NBA LOL? Toronto is a 80% lock in my book there...
What's your predictions for east Round 0 Qualifiers?

I think the biggest issue is going to be hearing the players on the ice. I don't think it will be as heated. With no crowd their voice will carry, you'll hear everything. I don't know if fake noise is going to get rid of that. They can't have it all over the place because of the kids watching. So I expect the whole playoffs to be tame.

I'm taking CAR, EDM, NYI, PIT, TOR, VAN, WPG. NSH

Hard to say on other seeding of the other 4 teams. I think seed 2 and 1 are what everyone will prefer in the east. NYI not that good, and TOR has no defense. Teams will want to avoid CAR and PIT.
In the west, no one is gonna want seed 4. Other 3 are much easier.
Oct. 13, 2020 at 9:10 a.m.
Buljujarvi
I was initially against this pickup for the bolts but he was a big part of the cup win
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 13, 2020 at 9:11 a.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: Hedman77
i hate this

How about now 😂
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 13, 2020 at 9:12 a.m.
Buljujarvi
Btw if you were able to scroll all the way down here congrats! Because that’s quite a conversation above
Orr28 liked this.
Oct. 13, 2020 at 3:59 p.m.
Log off the internet
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
How about now 😂

I no longer hate this
Mar. 3, 2021 at 7:02 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
I think the biggest issue is going to be hearing the players on the ice. I don't think it will be as heated. With no crowd their voice will carry, you'll hear everything. I don't know if fake noise is going to get rid of that. They can't have it all over the place because of the kids watching. So I expect the whole playoffs to be tame.

I'm taking CAR, EDM, NYI, PIT, TOR, VAN, WPG. NSH

Hard to say on other seeding of the other 4 teams. I think seed 2 and 1 are what everyone will prefer in the east. NYI not that good, and TOR has no defense. Teams will want to avoid CAR and PIT.
In the west, no one is gonna want seed 4. Other 3 are much easier.

grimace WE WON! ZULUL grimace

cheers GG BOYS! cheers

I'm back wink

I lost my house on your Pittsburgh round0 series though oops hahahaaa... Montreal was so fast there... i don't know why they wanted to win that much... i would never guessed that one... when they could land lafreniere with an okay odds... well i guess everybody likes to win...

i just read back all the comments in this topic after 1 year passed.
So...anyways...I also finished yesterday watching all the playoff games from all the teams combined.(Even all round robin games included)
That was a lot of games. It took a long time as you can see... and now im behind this season have to catchup soon... i watched the playoffs spoiler free, i didnt visit this site or any other NHL site... avoided the news who won the cup fortunately, so was super enjoyable to watch us crush the whole NHL... Well we got one finally after 2004! Woohooo! Now i can't complain for 10 years...
dat 5OT game OMG. that was crazy if you watched it... we got our revenge on columbus...

I didn't even skip 1 single playoffs game, even though there were couple of boring series... It was a beauty to watch us play compared to the other teams... jeez... we were rocking this year... clearly we were the best team in this playoffs, just like in the 62 win regular season the year before this season... it's so much better to be the best in the playoffs though, then to be the best in the reg season... i hope we never win another pres trophy haha...

You should read the comments back here, if you have free time... almost everything i was saying was spot on about our physicality and matchups and odds...
ALSO THE MATH was right hahaaa... We were bound to a win, just like NHL2018-NHL2019 console game, when u simulate in GM mode, lots of times it went like tampa wins a cup in either like 2020 or 2022... we just have a really good roster... thats why the odds are high...

NBA won by Lakers... my fav team lost there(Heat, but it was insanely good run by my team to make it to the nba finals, the result is expected though:Lebron is still the king)

Back to NHL:
We changed a lot, as you can see by the results (AND THE HITS) i hope wink Goodrow was as good and useful as advertised in the playoffs.... perfect trade... now it's all worth it... goal achieved... you go allin as a gm, when u really have a good team for a long time... and some spark is missing...
Like columbus going allin with like panarin, duchene, bobrovsky etc.. was not a good idea... now they lost one more Dubois i just read in the trade news couple hours ago, jeez... thats like all the superstars... now they are empty... what the heck the gm is doing there... Laine cant defend for his life, he tried last season... not a good fit for columbus imo, when Torts wants you to defend 24/7... win 1-0...

The Coleman line was crazy important.... u said we should play 40 minutes the maroon line?
Why?i think Kuch+PointerZ line except couple of small injuries were perfect! Palat the "capdump"(by those legendary capfriendly experts) was soooo good as well.
So many points and good defensive effort... I was going to vote on Hedman or Kuch or Point win the MVP... I struggled to pick one, but i went with Hedman... I was right hahaaa... The voters were right imo... But it was hard to pick one player honestly... We played so perfectly(except maybe Rutta) in most of the like ~ 25 games... Even when we lost we were usually the better team... just unlucky... really well deserved Stanley-cup imo... and we did it without Stamkos! LUL 3 min playtime 1 magic laser goal not bad LUL

You see, i knew we will beat the Bruins(do u believe now 10-2 record counts for something in a matchup or you still think we will lose to them next time?) As i said just shutdown the pasta line and we are gucchi... the boston coach needs to split up the big line or they are toast most of the time... or find a new tactic which counters ours. Until then they have smaller chance to win, than Tampa in any game... yes they can win, but it's unlikely...
And ofc the Isles! Clutterback EAZYPEAZY hahaa... we needed to beat BARRY once in our lifetime... WE GOTEM'
I correctly predicted the conf finals... smile idk why vegas was so bad at goal scoring deep in the playoffs... they were like us in recent years..... forget to score in last few matches... even in vancouver series they barely could score... so that Dallas win was a surprise ofc... but they are a defensive team.. so maybe not... defense just wins hockey games... we needed to play all of the top defensive teams in the universe, besides arizona(what a boring hockey Arizona plays)... hahahaa, what a joke... at least we avoided Washington haha...

PS.: draft lottery rigged. LUL NY team won haha LUL u were right hahahaahaaaa
Mar. 3, 2021 at 7:20 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: Hedman77
I no longer hate this

Feels good to be champs right? Thanks Heddy for the carry! Winking with Tongue Out applaud

Were you a fan already, when we won in 2004 or are you too young? I watched those games on cable tv live back then, when we won it . I will never forget it... Sweet memories. That was so much fun as well... I picked a good franchise i guess... haha... lucky...

Anyways...

Tampa Bay Lightning Go Boltz! Tampa Bay Lightning
Hedman77 liked this.
Mar. 3, 2021 at 9:17 a.m.
Banned

cheers GG BOYS! cheers

I'm back wink

I lost my house on your Pittsburgh round0 series though oops hahahaaa... Montreal was so fast there... i don't know why they wanted to win that much... i would never guessed that one... when they could land lafreniere with an okay odds... well i guess everybody likes to win...

So...anyways...I also finished yesterday watching all the playoff games from all the teams combined.(Even all round robin games included)
That was a lot of games. It took a long time as you can see... and now im behind this season have to catchup soon... i watched the playoffs spoiler free, i didnt visit this site or any other NHL site... avoided the news who won the cup fortunately, so was super enjoyable to watch us crush the whole NHL... Well we got one finally after 2004! Woohooo! Now i can't complain for 10 years...
dat 5OT game OMG. that was crazy if you watched it... we got our revenge on columbus...

I didn't even skip 1 single playoffs game, even though there were couple of boring series... It was a beauty to watch us play compared to the other teams... jeez... we were rocking this year... clearly we were the best team in this playoffs, just like in the 62 win regular season the year before this season... it's so much better to be the best in the playoffs though, then to be the best in the reg season... i hope we never win another pres trophy haha...

You should read the comments back here, if you have free time... almost everything i was saying was spot on about our physicality and matchups and odds...
ALSO THE MATH was right hahaaa... We were bound to a win, just like NHL2018-NHL2019 console game, when u simulate in GM mode, lots of times it went like tampa wins a cup in either like 2020 or 2022... we just have a really good roster... thats why the odds are high...

NBA won by Lakers... my fav team lost there(Heat, but it was insanely good run by my team to make it to the nba finals, the result is expected though:Lebron is still the king)

Back to NHL:
We changed a lot, as you can see by the results (AND THE HITS) i hope wink Goodrow was as good and useful as advertised in the playoffs.... perfect trade... now it's all worth it... goal achieved... you go allin as a gm, when u really have a good team for a long time... and some spark is missing...
Like columbus going allin with like panarin, duchene, bobrovsky etc.. was not a good idea... now they lost one more Dubois i just read in the trade news couple hours ago, jeez... thats like all the superstars... now they are empty... what the heck the gm is doing there... Laine cant defend for his life, he tried last season... not a good fit for columbus imo, when Torts wants you to defend 24/7... win 1-0...

The Coleman line was crazy important.... u said we should play 40 minutes the maroon line?
Why?i think Kuch+PointerZ line except couple of small injuries were perfect! Palat the "capdump"(by those legendary capfriendly experts) was soooo good as well.
So many points and good defensive effort... I was going to vote on Hedman or Kuch or Point win the MVP... I struggled to pick one, but i went with Hedman... I was right hahaaa... The voters were right imo... But it was hard to pick one player honestly... We played so perfectly(except maybe Rutta) in most of the like ~ 25 games... Even when we lost we were usually the better team... just unlucky... really well deserved Stanley-cup imo... and we did it without Stamkos! LUL 3 min playtime 1 magic laser goal not bad LUL

You see, i knew we will beat the Bruins(do u believe now 10-2 record counts for something in a matchup or you still think we will lose to them next time?) As i said just shutdown the pasta line and we are gucchi... the boston coach needs to split up the big line or they are toast most of the time... or find a new tactic which counters ours. Until then they have smaller chance to win, than Tampa in any game... yes they can win, but it's unlikely...
And ofc the Isles! Clutterback EAZYPEAZY hahaa... we needed to beat BARRY once in our lifetime... WE GOTEM'
I correctly predicted the conf finals... smile idk why vegas was so bad at goal scoring deep in the playoffs... they were like us in recent years..... forget to score in last few matches... even in vancouver series they barely could score... so that Dallas win was a surprise ofc... but they are a defensive team.. so maybe not... defense just wins hockey games... we needed to play all of the top defensive teams in the universe, besides arizona(what a boring hockey Arizona plays)... hahahaa, what a joke... at least we avoided Washington haha...

lol this comment coming out of like no where!

I hope you are just joking about losing your house as that is not good.

You did win though, congrats.
how are you watching old games? I can stream current games, but I can't watch old games.
unless you DVR them or something?
Mar. 3, 2021 at 9:37 a.m.
Log off the internet
Feels good to be champs right? Thanks Heddy for the carry! Winking with Tongue Out applaud

Were you a fan already, when we won in 2004 or are you too young? I watched those games on cable tv live back then, when we won it . I will never forget it... Sweet memories. That was so much fun as well... I picked a good franchise i guess... haha... lucky...

Anyways...

I was almost 2 years old when we won in 2004. Apparently I sat on my dad's lap and watched Game 7 though.
Mar. 3, 2021 at 9:39 a.m.
Log off the internet
Quoting: Sidstick87
1st of all NJD did great here and TB paid a lot for Coleman

But this has the same kind of vibe when I tried defending the Tanev signing and saying how great of a player he was??

If Im a TB fan - Im thinking who cares, this is kind of player u need on a Cup team.

Aged well
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 3, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
Buljujarvi

cheers GG BOYS! cheers

I'm back wink

Back to NHL:

Anyways...

Hey man welcome back! I’ve been wondering where you were.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit