Forums/NHL Trades

(NJD/TBL) - Coleman for Foote and 2020 1st round pick

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 3, 2021 at 11:33 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
Hey man welcome back! I’ve been wondering where you were.

Haha, yeah watching that many games sometimes burns me out, so i have to take breaks... so it took a long time... I had to avoid any nhl sites, like plague, otherwise the games becomes much less enjoyable.
I don't think i will ever watch this many games though... But i've choosen a good playoffs season smile
Anyways, good to see you m8. Good luck to your team this season...
That chicago series was great. Maybe one of the best of the playoffs. Unfortunately, they were better... I mean Kane+Toews are good, but not that good anymore...
Did Edmonton fix the goalie problem? Also the defense needs some shakeup as well... I hope they give McDavid some real deal teammates, otherwise not much gonna change... It was shocking to see Chicago could make 1 high scoring chance vs edmonton every 2 minutes... it's hard to win like that... in regular season your team actually was okay defending, idk what happend there... a fluke? maybe the long break screwed up the team chemistry, idk... How is your team defense going this year?
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Mar. 3, 2021 at 11:37 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: pharrow
lol this comment coming out of like no where!

I hope you are just joking about losing your house as that is not good.

You did win though, congrats.
how are you watching old games? I can stream current games, but I can't watch old games.
unless you DVR them or something?

Thanks m8! FeelsGoodman! You got some cups recently, so you can't complain as well wink
Now we TBL fans don't need to hear the "we will never win anything, we are a soft team blablabla"!!!. We can finally forgot about all the bad losses over the years, this overwrites them smile
Most people remember only the recent teams/series/matches/cup winners, so we don't have to hear, that we are a team like Toronto who can't win anything ever...
We are now in Washington territory, we did it! It was a long journey but we got there. The way we played was beatiful... If we can win one more, that would be your team territory smile)

The way i'm watching games is multiple ways: (grey area sites, like streaming websites,reddit,torrnt,web-dl) Trying to find a source is not that easy for every match. Maybe if you google "nhlgames reddit", that's a pretty good one, when it's working. Years old games available too.It's an application. I just checked a 2018 playoffs game TBL-NJD - Cirelli was so much thinner OMG... he really did become so much stronger, have so much bigger muscle... i didn't remember him being this lean guy... i guess this last few years were a huge improvement for our squad smile
I remember after training camp our fox sun commentator said , almost our whole team in the offseason got faster, and stronger... he was right... we dominated the playoffs... the offseason workouts were excellent for almost every single player... we barely had injuries(stamkos already had problems for half a year before playoffs begin)... even one of the games in the finals Kucherov did an impactful big hit. I called that hit the best moment of that game... Kuch making a hit is super rare smile Now he has huge injury thanks to those hits probably haha... i mean he never did it in his life so no wonder... even when he hits, it's a small one, which doesn't really mean anything... but he did a couple good ones surprisingly in this recent playoffs....

Last time we talked a lot about refs... they didn't dissapoint in other series as well, they were sometimes making unexplainable whistles... carolina-boston series for example was a joke...
OFC the refs screwed us the most just like last year(noone attacks as much and cycles as we do, not even close... it's really hard to defend with "proper ways", when we have our legs(see 62 wins reg season, was not a fluke, we were that good...) in so many games i cant remember, like 1 million penalties not called when we attacked 24/7 vs all these defensive teams... but we still won when it mattered, so can't complain this time about the results. A cup win is a cup win... It's just worrying and freakin annoying, i expected at least 60-40 refereeing to underdog teams... not 90-10... we should got 8 penalties/game, it was insane how much pressure we put on every single team almost every game... Blatant high stick(bleeding as well sometimes)/tripping not called consistently, in the final it was painful to watch all those refs intentional mistakes just to make the games closer, i wish they would just change it to off-ice refs, who can review real time from the booth... Holding a stick like missed just in the finals like 5 times... when it was obvious... it was clearly obv they want to evening up the calls, however the game plays out... i guess game7 are the most watched, so makes sense from a business perspective... But when we are playing this good, it's pretty annoying to deal with every single game with these issues... in reg season it's happening way less... like did you watch the point embelishment calls in of the late game siutation? That was a joke... Perry clearly hooked on a clear 2 on 1 breakaway, then it was 4on4, Point faked it LUL. Point who is faster almost, than Mcdavid or Barzal... and needed to beat Corey Perry, a 35 year old player... He definetely needs to fake diving to get a penalty call on 2 on 1's...
i don't think we can ever play this good again... our roster(it's that much talent) was meant to play like this, but in reality it's just really hard over 25 matches...
NHL is so even compared to like NBA... and even NFL 1 quarterback sometimes enough to have a huge edge... see Brady... Mahomes etc... Here you need full team effort and freakin back2backs you have to go through LOL...

With the betting...Ofc i didn't lost anything , i didn't bet on your Pittsburgh, that was just a metaphor by how insanely shocked i was by that series results... I literally would never figure out before the series how Montreal would win... 2 fresh teams, looks like for Montreal freshness is more important...
Now i figured it out... That was the key... Penguins is winning with 10 injuries/team sometimes. Montreal never wins a game, when they got injury problems in recent years... It's just i see 1 good period from montreal vs us last year, i didn't see a consistent performance like that and they were actually playing good in the next series... they could've won... So Montreal was this year's Columbus... I guess that's why we watch sports... No upset vs us this year haha(our defenseive new system really shined: under 2.0 goals allowed/game is excellent), that 22% odds to win the cup were pretty good smile) next best team with like 12% based on one oddsmaker site...

Okay 1 question to you, maybe you know it:
Why Taylor Hall would ever go to the worst team in the NHL history(kinda) Buffalo Sabres... what the heck was that signing??? That's a complete player's graveyard, worse than Arizona... Not even a chance to make the playoffs, but even if they make it they will be out 1st round 90%+... Is he really care that much about money??? This signing is just crazy to me, maybe i should check the topic here hahaaa, what people are saying when they hear the news... Buffalo *** Sabres the go to team for Hall... Joke...

Last time we talked about the coronastuff as well, well that really didnt get any better, another surprise... maybe in 1 year we will have actual real amount of vaccines over the world... this pandemic is way too long now... i feel like olympics gonna get cancelled...can you travel now? omg it's terrible for you i imagine... people in my country don't really even want to get vaccinated especially not from eastern countries vaccines which not approved by EU... so idk how this situation will solve... 15k people in my country we lost already... we are top10 country worldwide in lost lives... we did a full lockdown when we had almost no infections... now we have 5000/day and we barely have something... like evening part lockdown....
At least the bubble worked for a couple of sports... good job by the nhl on that part... applaud applaud applaud
Mar. 3, 2021 at 12:24 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: F3ruS
Haha, yeah watching that many games sometimes burns me out, so i have to take breaks... so it took a long time... I had to avoid any nhl sites, like plague, otherwise the games becomes much less enjoyable.
I don't think i will ever watch this many games though... But i've choosen a good playoffs season smile
Anyways, good to see you m8. Good luck to your team this season...
That chicago series was great. Maybe one of the best of the playoffs. Unfortunately, they were better... I mean Kane+Toews are good, but not that good anymore...
Did Edmonton fix the goalie problem? Also the defense needs some shakeup as well... I hope they give McDavid some real deal teammates, otherwise not much gonna change... It was shocking to see Chicago could make 1 high scoring chance vs edmonton every 2 minutes... it's hard to win like that... in regular season your team actually was okay defending, idk what happend there... a fluke? maybe the long break screwed up the team chemistry, idk... How is your team defense going this year?

Defense is pretty shaky so far but the offense is great. Puljujarvi is nichuskin 2.0 analytically. Hopefully with Stalock on the team the goalies will work out 🤷‍♂️. Happy to have you back!
Mar. 6, 2021 at 6:42 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Mar. 6, 2021 at 6:58 p.m.
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
Defense is pretty shaky so far but the offense is great. Puljujarvi is nichuskin 2.0 analytically. Hopefully with Stalock on the team the goalies will work out 🤷‍♂️. Happy to have you back!

So with that Nickuschkin example, are you trying to say that he is like pretty decent? That would be surprising, considering everyone traded him last year here to anywhere else... i thought we could teach him in tampa to be decent smile

Ouch, Stalock really? That guy is not good at all, more like a mediocre backup on a hugely defensive team like the Minnesota Wild was... It's not gonna work out, if the whole team doesn't help him for the full 60 minutes...
Who's got Holtby or Lundquist?

Update, i checked:
Vancouver Canucks got Holtby haha, i thought they had no cap room for a singing like that and they had 2 other goalies Markstrom and Demko? WTF?
Update2:
Hahahah im so out of the trade loops, Markstrom signed in Calgary Flames for 6 years 6 million $, he just hit the jackpot.... Horrible future contract for Calgary... That guy is not gonna be good in 3 years...
And Lundquist signed for a bad defensive team the Washington Capitals.... not a good choice for him...
Jun. 15, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: Hedman77
i hate this

Do you still hate this
Jun. 15, 2021 at 5:05 p.m.
Log off the internet
Quoting: bhavikp27
Do you still hate this

Nah
ConnorMcHellebucyk and Tintin liked this.
Jun. 16, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Nah

W for both teams
Hedman77, EsoYeezus69, SnakeDelilah and 4 others liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 12:57 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
I still miss not having N. Foote, but Coleman was invaluable these 2 cup runs.
imawesome, Rangsey and Tintin liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 8:53 a.m.
Bedard23
Conditions weren’t met so that means no 9th overall pick for NJ this year
Jul. 8, 2021 at 11:39 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
This is a FAIR trade now

Devils won value
Tampa got 2 cups out of it

Rare Win-Win trade
Congrats Tampa
Zinger, imawesome, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 10:57 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Well I will refer you to the Goodrow trade. So very wrong I was. Trade aged like fine wine.

i hate this

Man you were wrong in all the right ways
Hedman77 liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:29 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Devil1122
This is a FAIR trade now

Devils won value
Tampa got 2 cups out of it

Rare Win-Win trade
Congrats Tampa

I can't really think of a better trade for both team in recent memory.
Devil and Tintin liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:34 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Saskleaf
I can't really think of a better trade for both team in recent memory.

Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson trade duh

The only one I could think of that was kinda win win is the Suzuki for Pacioretty trade
Also the Goodrow to Tampa trade was win win
Saskleaf liked this.
Jul. 19, 2023 at 3:50 p.m.
1-0 them
turning coleman with some other assets into meier? and Tampa won 2 cups worked good for both teams
Sharkie69 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit