Forums/Armchair-GM

The minimum I would be happy as a return for these guys

Created by: Dan10900
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 17, 2020
Published: Feb. 17, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is if I was GM, also if I didn't stress it enough in the individual trade descriptions, Kase Manson and Ritchie would not be available unless it's an insane overpay, and Raks would need an overpay from my viewpoint, but he also seems to be a bit overrated so 🤷‍♀️

Please comment, I'm looking to start a discussion and build off this post, plus I'll probably end up doing this for more teams if this gets interest
Trades
ANA
  1. Hutchinson, Michael
  2. 2020 4th round pick (VGK)
Additional Details:
Or a third, we don't have a backup aside from him, I doubt he waives anyway, he's still been solid enough behind a terrible defense this year tho
ANA
  1. 2020 4th round pick (SJS)
CGY
  1. Shore, Devin ($1,100,000 retained)
Additional Details:
I'd prefer to get a third if we retain, but I'll take a higher 4th
ANA
  1. 2020 4th round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
Return on investment
ANA
  1. 2020 4th round pick (DET)
Additional Details:
Sub league min depth for under league min with term, similar skill to deslauriers, should get a similar return, especially from Tampa who clearly needs cheap options with term
TBL
  1. Rowney, Carter ($551,111 retained)
ANA
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Yes this seems high and a bit crazy, but he's a fan favorite and has the second lowest cost/G in the NHL for guys on standard contracts, a contending team looking to make a few moves like the isles should be all over that, not to mention he's solid defensively and plays the PK probably gives Lou a hard on, plus he's a fan favorite in ANA
NYI
  1. Grant, Derek
Additional Details:
I'd be willing to add a late pick here or another smaller piece
ANA
  1. Laaksonen, Oskari [Reserve List]
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Rico is a strange player, he's good, but not great, I'd compare him to Galch trade (a veteran forward with similar contracts) ideally you'd get a first, but that seems unlikely, instead we'll get a second and a decent RHD spec, I'd obv do this trade, but wouldn't expect this much, I'd expect a later second from a competing team and similar spec, if we retain (say 1.825, get his contract down to 4 mil) I'd expect a later first+similar spec and would like to get a roster player (like a Galch)
BUF
  1. Henrique, Adam
Additional Details:
Could take Bogo back with a 4th or 5th of BUF needs to make the salary work for all the people that are going to look at nothing but these trades and not read the descriptions
ANA
  1. Benning, Matthew
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Similar to Rico, but not as good so I grabbed Benning back instead, as a body to play RD for the year, same thing with retention though, I would expect a first if we retain over a mil
ANA
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (CGY)
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
A pair of seconds for an aging high end 2C doesn't seem unfair, him Rico and Silf are hard to judge
CGY
  1. Getzlaf, Ryan ($4,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Getz 99.99% isn't going anywhere ik
ANA
  1. 2020 5th round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
We can keep doing this on a yearly basis, I'll take any late pick tbh
ANA
  1. 2020 6th round pick (CAR)
  2. 2020 7th round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
I don't think GMBM ever trades Holzer... Who, I couldn't tell you, if I'm GM you can have him for a bag of pucks
ANA
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (DAL)
Additional Details:
He's a young bottom pairing shut down guy... Before they got Greene I saw NYI fans say they'd be willing to pay a second for him, I'd do that, I just already traded for their second, so any other team lmk if you have interest
ANA
  1. Brook, Josh
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
Brook seems like a but much, but last time I checked he was struggling to adjust to the AHL...
ANA
  1. 2021 5th round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Gudbranson, Erik ($2,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Retain a bit, a better pick that you got
ANA
  1. Dermott, Travis
  2. Liljegren, Timothy
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (TOR)
  4. 2020 7th round pick (SJS)
Additional Details:
Barring other trades ANA's biggest need is NHL level (and in the system) RHD, therefore I see ZERO possiblity of trading Manson unless it's an exorbitant overpay including a top RHD spec... Dermott is negotiable, I've seen TOR fans on here trade him for scraps tho if that's the case I'd be interested
ANA
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
Same as Larsson, just slightly better offensively and slightly worse defensively
ANA
  1. Bouchard, Evan
  2. Marody, Cooper
  3. 2020 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Rakell, Rickard
Additional Details:
I 99% wouldn't take calls on Raks, but if I got an offer like this there's no way I could turn it down
ANA
  1. Nichushkin, Valeri
  2. Shvyryov, Igor
  3. Timmins, Conor
  4. 2020 1st round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
People are gonna love this one... I even took back val nuke who I bet I value 10x more than 90% of the people on this site... There's just no reason to trade Kase, like Rakell I just wouldn't take offers on them
ANA
  1. Stenqvist, Jakob [Reserve List]
  2. 2020 1st round pick (DAL)
Additional Details:
Again, no reason to trade Ritchie, he's the Hornqvist type PWF I'd love to build around, it's gonna take a nice overpay to get him from me
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the COL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the DET
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$35,191,388$0$1,640,000$46,308,612
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$820,000$820,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$75,000$75K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 3
$1,900,000$1,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 8
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$745,000$745,000 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 3
$894,167$894,167
RD
RFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
Some of those returns are insane. Leafs and Avs wouldn't give anywhere near that for those players
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:14 a.m.
To start, now that Toronto has Campbell, there would be no interest in Miller.

Take away the second from the Manson deal and IMO it would be close. Have you seen the way Liljegren has been playing since he has been called up. A lot of it has been Sandin, but he has been showing that he is a top 4 or better d-man. Dermott already is. Maybe throw in a 4th also, but definitely not a 2nd.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:21 a.m.
Quoting: moli92
Some of those returns are insane. Leafs and Avs wouldn't give anywhere near that for those players

that's the point, at least in the Avs one, I would not trade those guys for almost anything
UpsideDownQue and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:28 a.m.
Lenny7
I think the lower level guys are probably spot on, but when it comes to:
-Getz: Don't see him waiving. If all that is coming back is a couple of 2nd's, Ducks might as well keep him.
-Rico: Probably fine value. Something tells me that Buffalo would be on the 10 team NTC though.
-Fowler: Selling way too low. His value isn't at his peak, but why make this move? I also don't see a world where he waives to go to Monreal.
-Kase: Not a chance. His actual value right now is probably a 2nd+3rd. With the Coleman trade, that might push it up to something like a 1st+3rd, but that trade seemed like a "We need this, we've got an extra 1st round pick, let's roll the dice!".
-Rakell: Price should be along those lines, but don't see Edmonton moving Bouchard.
-Ritchie: Hasn't done enough to bring back a 1st. Would love to get it, and I see him as a playoff-type player, but there are better options available.
-Gudbranson: If all the team is getting back is a 5th, they're better off keeping him.
-Larsson/Guhle: No reason to move them. They're very young, and will either develop or they won't.
-
Dan10900 liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:35 a.m.

The Manson trade is an underpay from TOR. Liljegren + 1st + for me. Manson is extremely important to this team. He's not flashy, but takes those hard minutes and stands up for his team mates. A true leader and an excellent playoff performer. I'd rather just keep him and add players around him.

I understand that the Kase deal seems insane, but Kase will never be valued by non-ANA fans the way he is by ANA fans. A true play driver, but riddled with injury concerns. Would be moved for help at RD, but Timmins is a risky solution (also concussion issues and hasn't made the jump yet). I think a 1st would have to be included for me to feel comfortable with that trade. I certainly don't accept it as a 1-for-1. The rest of the pieces in that deal seem superfluous to me.

Quoting: junoandkeisha
To start, now that Toronto has Campbell, there would be no interest in Miller.

Take away the second from the Manson deal and IMO it would be close. Have you seen the way Liljegren has been playing since he has been called up. A lot of it has been Sandin, but he has been showing that he is a top 4 or better d-man. Dermott already is. Maybe throw in a 4th also, but definitely not a 2nd.

Fine. I don't think the OP was saying these deals should be done, more that this would be the value he'd be happy with were said players to be traded. TOR can keep Liljegren and we'll keep Manson. No reason to move him for less than an overpay. Liljegren + 1st + for me.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:38 a.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
I think the lower level guys are probably spot on, but when it comes to:
-Getz: Don't see him waiving. If all that is coming back is a couple of 2nd's, Ducks might as well keep him.
-Rico: Probably fine value. Something tells me that Buffalo would be on the 10 team NTC though.
-Fowler: Selling way too low. His value isn't at his peak, but why make this move? I also don't see a world where he waives to go to Monreal.
-Kase: Not a chance. His actual value right now is probably a 2nd+3rd. With the Coleman trade, that might push it up to something like a 1st+3rd, but that trade seemed like a "We need this, we've got an extra 1st round pick, let's roll the dice!".
-Rakell: Price should be along those lines, but don't see Edmonton moving Bouchard.
-Ritchie: Hasn't done enough to bring back a 1st. Would love to get it, and I see him as a playoff-type player, but there are better options available.
-Gudbranson: If all the team is getting back is a 5th, they're better off keeping him.
-Larsson/Guhle: No reason to move them. They're very young, and will either develop or they won't.
-

Getz and Rico I agree,
I'm pretty low on Fowler, though he is having a good year this year, I doubt he wasives for MTL as well, but there were rumors/Habs fans saying they wanted him a while back
Kase would not be available at all if I was GM
I stole the basis of the Rakell trade, and that seemed to be the general consensus there as well, I'd tend to agree with that as well,
Ritchie has really been good this year, he's a guy where ANA doesn't want to move him bc they think he can continue that, but other teams will undervalue him bc he hasn't been as good previously, I still love my Hornqvist comp for him though lol
Guddy: 5th>7th, I do think he can get more the way teams are buying rn tho
Larsson/Guhle, I was only planning on moving one of them (and think we should move one) then I brought in Dermott and figured that made the other expendable as well
Lenny7 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:43 a.m.
Quoting: mytduxfan
The Manson trade is an underpay from TOR. Liljegren + 1st + for me. Manson is extremely important to this team. He's not flashy, but takes those hard minutes and stands up for his team mates. A true leader and an excellent playoff performer. I'd rather just keep him and add players around him.

I understand that the Kase deal seems insane, but Kase will never be valued by non-ANA fans the way he is by ANA fans. A true play driver, but riddled with injury concerns. Would be moved for help at RD, but Timmins is a risky solution (also concussion issues and hasn't made the jump yet). I think a 1st would have to be included for me to feel comfortable with that trade. I certainly don't accept it as a 1-for-1. The rest of the pieces in that deal seem superfluous to me.

Fine. I don't think the OP was saying these deals should be done, more that this would be the value he'd be happy with were said players to be traded. TOR can keep Liljegren and we'll keep Manson. No reason to move him for less than an overpay. Liljegren + 1st + for me.

I don't disagree about Manson, but in this scenario, we brought in Dermott as well, which caused Guhle to be expendable which got us another 2020 2nd, in which case we esentially got two 2020 seconds, Lilja, a late pick, and better player than Guhle for Manson, also there's no more than like a 5% difference (at chance of being an impact player) between a late first and mid second, and we got two mid seconds, plus 2020 draft is so stacked, there will be guys in the second round that will be much better prospects than guys who would be available with that 2021 first we could get from TOR

Also Val Nuke is really good, similarly to Kase, I just threw him in because i knew he's be underrated by users on this site and would be viewed as a toss in
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:50 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Leafs has zero interest in having the 4.1m Manson...especiallly at the price of two young Dmen Dermot and Liljegren....NHL starters. Can't Manson be traded to any other NHL team? Seems like on CapFriendly the only trading partner is the Leafs.
Ridiculous to think that Montreal would be one of three go to destination for M NTC Montreal. Seems like 75% of Fowler trades are to Montreal shakes head
Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: mytduxfan

So Kase gets a pass with his injury concerns but Timmins doesn't? There are better forwards who could be acquired for a lot cheaper from other teams.

I get that ANA doesn't have many RHDs which is why they are asking so much for Manson but there's no way TOR would give up that much. I don't see Manson to TOR deal happening
Feb. 17, 2020 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Leafs has zero interest in having the 4.1m Manson...especiallly at the price of two young Dmen Dermot and Liljegren....NHL starters. Can't Manson be traded to any other NHL team? Seems like on CapFriendly the only trading partner is the Leafs.
Ridiculous to think that Montreal would be one of three go to destination for M NTC Montreal. Seems like 75% of Fowler trades are to Montreal shakes head

well leafs fans are like the only team who has shown interest, and if you couldn't tell from the return it was meant to suggest it would take an insane overpay to get him, plus I really don't know what Dermott's value is, I see anything from a first+ to like a third, plus I only sent him to MTL for that reason, and as a whole this post wasn't supposed to specify teams, it was hey! I want a second+solid RHD spec back for Fowler, is anyone interested
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 12:04 p.m.
So Kase gets a pass with his injury concerns but Timmins doesn't? There are better forwards who could be acquired for a lot cheaper from other teams.

I get that ANA doesn't have many RHDs which is why they are asking so much for Manson but there's no way TOR would give up that much. I don't see Manson to TOR deal happening

then ANA gladly keeps the two players... there's a reason why the prices I put were so high... they wouldn't be available (as stand alone trades) if I was GM
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: AFOX10900
well leafs fans are like the only team who has shown interest, and if you couldn't tell from the return it was meant to suggest it would take an insane overpay to get him, plus I really don't know what Dermott's value is, I see anything from a first+ to like a third, plus I only sent him to MTL for that reason, and as a whole this post wasn't supposed to specify teams, it was hey! I want a second+solid RHD spec back for Fowler, is anyone interested

I'm sure other teams have shown interest, but it's CapFriendly virus that Leafs need to load up with aging RHD with no regard to cap or future depth. Liljegren who has just played a few games for the Leafs looks like he NHL ready. Dermot an NHL starter to term. It's not like Manson is going to move the playoff needle for the Leafs. Trouble with Fowler and his very restrictive NTC...who can traded too?. Plus his 6.75m cap hit. He might only want to go to a contending team, and those teams don't have the cap to take him on without sending similar cap back to the Ducks. I'm betting his 3 team trade list is Kings, San Jose, Tampa, Vegas (four)
Dan10900 liked this.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 12:49 p.m.
I'm sure other teams have shown interest, but it's CapFriendly virus that Leafs need to load up with aging RHD with no regard to cap or future depth. Liljegren who has just played a few games for the Leafs looks like he NHL ready. Dermot an NHL starter to term. It's not like Manson is going to move the playoff needle for the Leafs. Trouble with Fowler and his very restrictive NTC...who can traded too?. Plus his 6.75m cap hit. He might only want to go to a contending team, and those teams don't have the cap to take him on without sending similar cap back to the Ducks. I'm betting his 3 team trade list is Kings, San Jose, Tampa, Vegas (four)

6.5! but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to do what Kessel did to TOR (his trade list was probably like BOS MTL PIT WSH etc)
Feb. 17, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: AFOX10900
I don't disagree about Manson, but in this scenario, we brought in Dermott as well, which caused Guhle to be expendable which got us another 2020 2nd, in which case we esentially got two 2020 seconds, Lilja, a late pick, and better player than Guhle for Manson, also there's no more than like a 5% difference (at chance of being an impact player) between a late first and mid second, and we got two mid seconds, plus 2020 draft is so stacked, there will be guys in the second round that will be much better prospects than guys who would be available with that 2021 first we could get from TOR

Also Val Nuke is really good, similarly to Kase, I just threw him in because i knew he's be underrated by users on this site and would be viewed as a toss in

I'd still pass. No need for Dermott on our 3rd pairing LD behind Lindholm and Fowler and I see no point in forcing him to play RD. IMO, I think ANA fans have been spoilt having a player with Manson's skill set on the ice. I'd guarantee we'd miss him were he to be moved, especially when Silfverberg gets jumped my Myers and he's not around to slam him to the ground. We need more leaders in our line-up willing to put it all on the line to win, not less.

Sure, CAR and NYI because of injuries. WSH, EDM, FLA, VAN, etc. could all look at him for an upgrade. Plenty of teams would jump at the opportunity to trade for Manson. I doubt many would be willing to/have the assets to acquire him, but they'd certainly be interested. It's no surprise that even ANA fans only consider TOR when proposing a deal for Manson when we've had about 1000 threads about it from TOR fans over the past 3 months.

Agreed, Fowler isn't going anywhere.

No, but Kase is already in the NHL and has a 20 goal season under his belt. How is he equivalent in value to Timmins, a guy who has 2 NHL games under his belt and may never crack the league? Fine, fill your boots going after those other "better forwards" for less. Given what Coleman and Zucker just returned, I think you're mistaken on that one.

I don't think TOR should pay what it would cost for Manson either. For me, they're not serious contenders and Manson isn't going to change that. I don't see a Manson deal happening either. He's loved by the organisation, brings a very rare skill set at a incredibly cheap rate and is a true locker room leader. We need more Mansons on our team, not less.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll