Forums/Armchair-GM

Domi Dumba Gourde Petry

Created by: Blazingbat11
Team: 2019-20 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 17, 2020
Published: Feb. 18, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Players in LTIR section get traded for picks only.

Don't pay too much attention to the Petry trade lol it's just to show that MTL trade Domi for Dumba, which gives Habs flexibility to move Petry for a big return. Habs then finally use their cap space and take on Gourde's atrocious contract but gain quality assets in return (as in a solid prospect + 1st, or a top prospect + 2nd). Gourde is also used to replace Domi in the depth chart.

all in all, the plan is to swap Domi with Dumba in hopes that trading Petry and taking on Gourde gets MTL multiple 1st's and solid / top prospects.
Trades
MTL
  1. Gourde, Yanni
Additional Details:
Tampa adds a solid prospect + a high pick (depending on the prospect)
TBL
    MTL takes Gourde's full contract. No retention.
    MTL
      HUUUGGE return!!
      Buyouts
      Buried
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the FLA
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the CHI
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      Logo of the MTL
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$81,500,000$74,160,475$0$850,000$7,339,525
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
      $4,800,000$4,800,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $3,083,333$3,083,333
      C
      UFA - 2
      $3,750,000$3,750,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 4
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      C
      UFA - 3
      $2,600,000$2,600,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
      $5,166,666$5,166,666
      C, LW, RW
      NTC
      UFA - 6
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      C
      UFA - 1
      $2,400,000$2,400,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $3,400,000$3,400,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 4
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $2,350,000$2,350,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $748,333$748,333
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $7,857,143$7,857,143
      RD
      UFA - 7
      $10,500,000$10,500,000
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      $1,750,000$1,750,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Minnesota Wild
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 4
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $925,000$925,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 3
      $800,000$800,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $4,625,000$4,625,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $1,400,000$1,400,000
      C, RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $350,000$350,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $700,000$700,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:15 a.m.
      What in tarnation
      I'm confused. Exactly what is going to TB in exchange to Gourde?
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:17 a.m.
      Hockey Fan13
      Dumba is Romanov and Domi in this trade market. Domi alone doesn't get it done and contenders are paying steep prices.
      TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:21 a.m.
      Quoting: Paul13
      Dumba is Romanov and Domi in this trade market. Domi alone doesn't get it done and contenders are paying steep prices.

If Guerin were actively shopping Dumba it might be a different story, but by all reports we've heard he's simply listening and telling teams that are asking about our D what he wants. I don't think Domi alone gets a deal done with the way the market has been this year
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:23 a.m.
      Molson beer is meh
      Quoting: BurgerBoss
      I'm confused. Exactly what is going to TB in exchange to Gourde?

minor pieces. maybe one or multiple of Kovalchuk, Cousins, Scandella? the point is MTL taking on Gourde's full cap hit of $5.2mil with 5 more years to go after this one, and he's already 28.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:26 a.m.
      Molson beer is meh
      Quoting: TanSor
      If Guerin were actively shopping Dumba it might be a different story, but by all reports we've heard he's simply listening and telling teams that are asking about our D what he wants. I don't think Domi alone gets a deal done with the way the market has been this year

I agree MTL probably adds here, but it's not a major piece like the guy above your comment is suggesting lol. MTL aren't shopping Domi either, so the whole argument can be used on MTL side as well. The makret for someone like Domi could be high as hell considering what guys like Zuker and Coleman got, and Domi being only 24. point is I believe there's probably mutual interest with MIN and Domi and MTL and Dumba if they decide to move Petry.
      OutCold13 and TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:32 a.m.
      Hockey Fan13
      Quoting: Blazingbat11
      I agree MTL probably adds here, but it's not a major piece like the guy above your comment is suggesting lol. MTL aren't shopping Domi either, so the whole argument can be used on MTL side as well. point is I believe there's probably mutual interest with MIN and Domi and MTL and Dumba if they decide to Petry.

I wasn't suggesting Dumba for Romanov and Domi is a fair trade. I am simply stating that if you want Dumba before trade deadline the price will be steep. Since Habs are sellers this deal isn't happening. In the offseason though there may be a deal to be done.
      Blazingbat11 and TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:32 a.m.
      Molson beer is meh

Romanov is as close to untouchable as it gets for prospects. Some people think he's eclipsed Caufield as the Habs top prospect (I don't, but just to put things in perspective).
      OutCold13 and TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:34 a.m.
      Molson beer is meh
      I wasn't suggesting Dumba for Romanov and Domi is a fair trade. I am simply stating that if you want Dumba before trade deadline the price will be steep. Since Habs are sellers this deal isn't happening. In the offseason though there may be a deal to be done.

Nothing stopping two sellers from making a hockey trade. A deal centered around Domi and Dumba would be exactly that. Again, I can make the same argument for Domi. Teams wanting to acquire him before the deadline would have to pay a steep price. but yeah, over the summer would seem more likely, but if both teams can find an agreement before then, why wait lol
      TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:35 a.m.
      I agree MTL probably adds here, but it's not a major piece like the guy above your comment is suggesting lol. MTL aren't shopping Domi either, so the whole argument can be used on MTL side as well. The makret for someone like Domi could be high as hell considering what guys like Zuker and Coleman got, and Domi being only 24. point is I believe there's probably mutual interest with MIN and Domi and MTL and Dumba if they decide to move Petry.

Problem with Domi is Montreal might be a little bit more pressed to move him than MN is pressed to move Dumba. Wild don't have to trade any of our D if we don't want to, as all our prospects are a few years out and Soucy is kind of like a good #4/5 with potential to be a #4 if given the opportunity. Montreal is in a bit of a pickle with Suzuki, Danault, Domi, and Kotkaniemi as your centers (absolutely not a bad problem to have at all). I realize Domi or Suzuki can play the wing but ideally you have them down the middle. I know KK is in the AHL right now but he'll need minutes again soon in the NHL
      OutCold13 liked this.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:41 a.m.
      Molson beer is meh
      Problem with Domi is Montreal might be a little bit more pressed to move him than MN is pressed to move Dumba. Wild don't have to trade any of our D if we don't want to, as all our prospects are a few years out and Soucy is kind of like a good #4/5 with potential to be a #4 if given the opportunity. Montreal is in a bit of a pickle with Suzuki, Danault, Domi, and Kotkaniemi as your centers (absolutely not a bad problem to have at all). I realize Domi or Suzuki can play the wing but ideally you have them down the middle. I know KK is in the AHL right now but he'll need minutes again soon in the NHL

I'll disagree with you there. not in a pickle lol Like you said Domi can play wing. and seeing as Domi is only 24 and still under team control for at least 3 more seasons, I see no issue with keeping on the wing and running LW with Tatar, Drouin, Domi. Not to mention he's a great insurance policy if MTL's youth can't get the job done at Center.
      He's most definitely a luxury and is expendable, but I see no rush.
      TanSor liked this.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:43 a.m.
      I'll disagree with you there. not in a pickle lol Like you said Domi can play wing. and seeing as Domi is only 24 and still under team control for at least 3 more seasons, I see no issue with keeping on the wing and running LW with Tatar, Drouin, Domi. Not to mention he's a great insurance policy if MTL's youth can't get the job done at Center.
      He's most definitely a luxury and is expendable, but I see no rush.

From what I've heard Domi was a lot better at center than at wing so that's why I figured MTL is in more of a pickle than MN, but maybe I'm wrong... I don't pay as much attention to MTL than I should. Might have to catch a Habs game or two before the deadline
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:51 a.m.
      Molson beer is meh
      From what I've heard Domi was a lot better at center than at wing so that's why I figured MTL is in more of a pickle than MN, but maybe I'm wrong... I don't pay as much attention to MTL than I should. Might have to catch a Habs game or two before the deadline

No you're right, Domi so far has shown better at C. but he's still an effective LW which is why personally I'm ok holding on to him. but I'm in the same boat as you with MIN, only seen them play against the Habs, which is probably why I'm not buying the Brodin hype going around lately lol
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 12:56 a.m.
      No you're right, Domi so far has shown better at C. but he's still an effective LW which is why personally I'm ok holding on to him. but I'm in the same boat as you with MIN, only seen them play against the Habs, which is probably why I'm not buying the Brodin hype going around lately lol

He's the kind of player you have to watch about 5 games of before you can fully appreciate. I'd argue he's our best defenseman and I personally really don's want to trade him. Dumba is the flashier player and will score clutch goals in big moments so I think he gets more attention, but Brodin is everything you'd ever want a player to be in your own zone and his supreme skating ability allows him to be so much more than that as well. He's not going to put up huge point totals or anything, but there isn't any other player I'd want when another team's star player has the puck in our zone outside of Hedman.
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 2:15 a.m.
      Boris Bagel
      Tampa adds Sergachev, Habs add Kulak, if Tampas wants to get rid of Gourde that bad, otherwise Habs pass biggly
      Feb. 18, 2020 at 7:50 a.m.
      Banned
      Gourde isn't waiving for Montreal, Maybe at the draft if Tampa wins the cup. But not now.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll