Forums/Armchair-GM

Kreider Wowzers

Created by: Big_Rock_Brock
Team: 2019-20 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 18, 2020
Published: Feb. 18, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Deal seems contingent on an extension with NYI, which does not seem too unlikely considering he's been talking extension with NYR.
Trades
NYR
  1. Koivula, Otto
  2. Wilde, Bode
  3. 2020 1st round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Kreider signs extension with NYI

7 years $49M
ANA
  1. Kühnhackl, Tom
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (NYI)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$76,515,833$0$937,500$4,984,167

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 5
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,350,000$3,350,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 18, 2020 at 8:59 p.m.
Knuckle Danz
So, no...
Feb. 18, 2020 at 8:59 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Source?
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:00 p.m.
Even if its just a twitter post or something can you provide a source so we know you aren't just pulling it out of nowhere please?
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:02 p.m.
According to Dreger: "The Isles definitely among the suitors. Can’t imagine the NYR make that deal unless it’s an offer they simply have to accept. Door to staying with the Rangers and extending isn’t closed."

Would think something like
1. 2020 1st
2. Wahlstrom
3. 1 of Koivula or Bellows

gets it done. Isles won't want to do it. But as Dreger said, Rangers won't make the trade unless they're absolutely blown away, and considering the Coleman, Zucker and Toffoli deals, this is what it will probably take.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:06 p.m.
Isles7
Quoting: Sagecoll
According to Dreger: "The Isles definitely among the suitors. Can’t imagine the NYR make that deal unless it’s an offer they simply have to accept. Door to staying with the Rangers and extending isn’t closed."

1. 2020 1st
2. Wahlstrom

gets it done. Isles won't want to do it. But as Dreger said, Rangers won't make the trade unless they're absolutely blown away, and considering the Coleman, Zucker and Toffoli deals, this is what it will probably take.

yeah I wouldn't give wahlstrom straight up for Kreider. They aren't trading for Kreider
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:07 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Source?

Quoting: F50marco
Even if its just a twitter post or something can you provide a source so we know you aren't just pulling it out of nowhere please?

Nothing official I just threw this team together bc of this tweet sorry for making you think anything was happening haha https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1229921901151182848?s=20
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:08 p.m.
Brock On Dudes

1. 2020 1st
2. Wahlstrom

Toffoli got a 2nd rounder, a B level prospect and a 4th liner. Here kreider is getting a 1st, a B level prospect, and a 21 year old who is ready for the NHL right now. Wahlstrom isnt being traded for a rental fringe first liner, hes not Mark Stone.
Barzy liked this.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.

1. 2020 1st
2. Wahlstrom

frank seravalli reported that they want the Hayes package, as of today, ranger fans...no we want top prospects and a1st even though Hayes brought back a 1st and a young bottom 6 player
Big_Rock_Brock liked this.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:27 p.m.
Quoting: Chief_Kief
Toffoli got a 2nd rounder, a B level prospect and a 4th liner. Here kreider is getting a 1st, a B level prospect, and a 21 year old who is ready for the NHL right now. Wahlstrom isnt being traded for a rental fringe first liner, hes not Mark Stone.

Madden a B prospect?

Madden has literally been the best prospect traded this year amongst Addison and Foote. He's 40th in the league according to Pronman as of January, and is dominating the NCAA - putting up better numbers than Zegras in the same conference. I mean c'mon man, if you don't know your stuff don't comment.

So basically, this trade is the Toffoli deal but changing a 2nd for a 1st because Kreider is better and adding another prospect because it's trading intra division, and we haven't really gotten to the extension....
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
Madden a B prospect?

Madden has literally been the best prospect traded this year amongst Addison and Foote. He's 40th in the league according to Pronman as of January, and is dominating the NCAA - putting up better numbers than Zegras in the same conference. I mean c'mon man, if you don't know your stuff don't comment.

So basically, this trade is the Toffoli deal but changing a 2nd for a 1st because Kreider is better and adding another prospect because it's trading intra division, and we haven't really gotten to the extension....

And Wahlstrom was 20th. So kreider is worth a first an A prospect AND a 21 year old NHL forward?? So no it's not swapping a 2nd for a first and adding another prospect. A rental is not going to get an A prospect unless its a legit first liner like Stone with an extension in place.
Barzy liked this.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:41 p.m.
And Wahlstrom was 20th. So kreider is worth a first an A prospect AND a 21 year old NHL forward??

Based off of the market/deals this offseason and him going to the Islanders? - Yes! you nailed it.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Potvin Sucks
Quoting: coga16
frank seravalli reported that they want the Hayes package, as of today, ranger fans...no we want top prospects and a1st even though Hayes brought back a 1st and a young bottom 6 player

Seravalli reported that weeks ago. Since then, Vancouver and Tampa gave up top 3 prospects in their organizations for lesser players than Kreider. Kreider has also been scoring a point a night for the last few weeks. Do you think Gorton asked for Lemieux last year as his first choice? No way. Negotiations start high and both sides give until there’s a deal. The market has favored sellers so far so it’s not unreasonable at all to suggest the return is better than originally expected. Nobody asked for Newhook here so what do you care?
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
Based off of the market/deals this offseason and him going to the Islanders? - Yes! you nailed it.

Nope. Stone, a legit top 10 RW, got an A prospect, 2nd round pick, and a veteran bottom six player. Kreider is a fringe first liner, if you actually think he'd get an A prospect, a first, and a 21 year old who should be a bottom 6 forward right now you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about. They got a first, a young 4th liner, and a conditional 4th for Hayes, don't see the return being more than mine
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:52 p.m.
Quoting: Widowmaker
Seravalli reported that weeks ago. Since then, Vancouver and Tampa gave up top 3 prospects in their organizations for lesser players than Kreider. Kreider has also been scoring a point a night for the last few weeks. Do you think Gorton asked for Lemieux last year as his first choice? No way. Negotiations start high and both sides give until there’s a deal. The market has favored sellers so far so it’s not unreasonable at all to suggest the return is better than originally expected. Nobody asked for Newhook here so what do you care?

what Tampa did, they admitted they over paid...and what Vancouver did is less than what you are trying to claim Kreider is for. A lot of ranger fans are going to be very disappointed when (if) he is traded bc the market for Kreider is drying up day by day with teams moving on to other options and their ability to crate a "bidding war" wont yield all these prize building blocks.
Big_Rock_Brock and Barzy liked this.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:55 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
what Tampa did, they admitted they over paid...and what Vancouver did is less than what you are trying to claim Kreider is for. A lot of ranger fans are going to be very disappointed when (if) he is traded bc the market for Kreider is drying up day by day with teams moving on to other options and their ability to crate a "bidding war" wont yield all these prize building blocks.

Tampa also overpaid for Coleman to keep him away from Boston, plus they are in cap trouble and just added a 20 goal scorer for $1.8M
Barzy liked this.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 9:56 p.m.
Tampa also overpaid for Coleman to keep him away from Boston, plus they are in cap trouble and just added a 20 goal scorer for $1.8M

exactly, unique circumstances created that prize for Tampa that they felt comfortable giving up. It doesnt mean thats the new market.
Teams will tell he rangers to go pound sand and enjoy watching him walk for nothing
Big_Rock_Brock liked this.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 10:00 p.m.
Potvin Sucks
Nope. Stone, a legit top 10 RW, got an A prospect, 2nd round pick, and a veteran bottom six player. Kreider is a fringe first liner, if you actually think he'd get an A prospect, a first, and a 21 year old who should be a bottom 6 forward right now you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about. They got a first, a young 4th liner, and a conditional 4th for Hayes, don't see the return being more than mine

Markets change year to year, and there nobody even in Kreider’s league available. That’s not to say your analysis of last years trade and of Kreider’s status as a fringe first line (he’s a second line winger on a decent team).
However, the proposal you put together is not a fit. The Rangers are loaded in the pipeline on defense and although Wilde is intriguing, there’s no need for us to gamble on him becoming what the promise in his game suggests everyone’s hopes he can be on a consistent basis. After him, Koivula sounds like a bottom six player who might not fit in the modern NHL. Our idiot coach might like him, but he’s not the kind of prospect to make us want to send one of our most popular players to our most hated rival, especially with a contract extension negotiated to ensure we have to see him regularly for the next 7 years. The islanders will have to pay a premium for a Ranger, and that’s just the way it is, I’m afraid. If I were them, I’d focus on something cheap that comes without long term commitment like Kovalchuk.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Potvin Sucks
exactly, unique circumstances created that prize for Tampa that they felt comfortable giving up. It doesnt mean thats the new market.
Teams will tell he rangers to go pound sand and enjoy watching him walk for nothing

I’ve been ****ing about our doofus GM sitting on his hands all this time. Trust me, I see your side of this also. I think if the offer is 1st plus some 4th liner like Kamenev or Koivula, then they will go back to the drawing board on contract extension and cave to Kreider for 7 more years.

I don’t really find the fact that Tampa admitted they did something dumb to be a valid excuse to say the market hadn’t changed, though. There are still several teams that could easily increase offers for Kreider this week with Toffoli off the board and Tampa and Pittsburgh now looking stronger.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
I’ve been ****ing about our doofus GM sitting on his hands all this time. Trust me, I see your side of this also. I think if the offer is 1st plus some 4th liner like Kamenev or Koivula, then they will go back to the drawing board on contract extension and cave to Kreider for 7 more years.

I don’t really find the fact that Tampa admitted they did something dumb to be a valid excuse to say the market hadn’t changed, though. There are still several teams that could easily increase offers for Kreider this week with Toffoli off the board and Tampa and Pittsburgh now looking stronger.

Hall for Larsson didn't set the market yet a large portion of fans posting trades use that as a precedent all the time.
GMs who make bad trades dont set the market, they are just bad GMs who make bad trades
Feb. 18, 2020 at 10:31 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
Markets change year to year, and there nobody even in Kreider’s league available. That’s not to say your analysis of last years trade and of Kreider’s status as a fringe first line (he’s a second line winger on a decent team).
However, the proposal you put together is not a fit. The Rangers are loaded in the pipeline on defense and although Wilde is intriguing, there’s no need for us to gamble on him becoming what the promise in his game suggests everyone’s hopes he can be on a consistent basis. After him, Koivula sounds like a bottom six player who might not fit in the modern NHL. Our idiot coach might like him, but he’s not the kind of prospect to make us want to send one of our most popular players to our most hated rival, especially with a contract extension negotiated to ensure we have to see him regularly for the next 7 years. The islanders will have to pay a premium for a Ranger, and that’s just the way it is, I’m afraid. If I were them, I’d focus on something cheap that comes without long term commitment like Kovalchuk.

You saying he's a 2nd liner on a decent teams just makes my proposal look even better. 2nd liners dont get A level prospects+ first rounders+mid level prospects ..
Feb. 18, 2020 at 10:47 p.m.

It's an entirely different market, why are you comparing to last year? Blake Coleman and Jason Zucker already got as much value as Mark Stone.

Of course every trade this year is going to seem ridiculous compared to last year. Marco Scandella just got traded for what Marcus Johansson got. You gotta adjust.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 10:48 p.m.
You saying he's a 2nd liner on a decent teams just makes my proposal look even better. 2nd liners dont get A level prospects+ first rounders+mid level prospects ..

I mean Blake Coleman is a 3rd liner, he got a 1st rounder + an A prospect this year. Get with the program.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 10:58 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
I mean Blake Coleman is a 3rd liner, he got a 1st rounder + an A prospect this year. Get with the program.

Blake Coleman has 2 goals less than Kreider, one of the best defensive forwards in the league, and under control for another season at $1.8M. He also got a 1st and the #47th ranked prospect in the league according to Proman (not very A level to me) from a team who was desperate to keep him away from Boston and was a perfect fit for a team in cap hell.

Kreider is a pending UFA who has a big payday coming.

Take your own advice and get with the program.
Barzy liked this.
Feb. 18, 2020 at 11:03 p.m.
Brock On Dudes
It's an entirely different market, why are you comparing to last year? Blake Coleman and Jason Zucker already got as much value as Mark Stone.

Of course every trade this year is going to seem ridiculous compared to last year. Marco Scandella just got traded for what Marcus Johansson got. You gotta adjust.

Coleman and Zucker are under control (Zucker long term) and went to teams desperate for cheap $ wise top 6 options. And I also would say Stone still got more considering Brannstrom was a legit high A prospect and Coleman/Zucker were for B prospects
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:07 a.m.
Tspky

Almost every source I've read has the Islanders only trading for Kreider if they can extend him which is why an insane package would be on the table. It's like if the Rangers came to the Islanders as buyers and the rangers wanted Beauvillier-- the price would be high BECAUSE he has term left. If an extension is included, rangers will insist on an insane package which would pretty much have to include Wahlstrom+pick and/or Wilde+++

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll