SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

A better version of the rumored Oiler trade...

Created by: MNBassman
Team: 2016-17 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 20, 2016
Published: Jul. 25, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$3,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
1$1,000,000
Trades
MIN
  1. Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
  2. 2018 2nd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Brodin, Jonas
  2. Pominville, Jason ($1,000,000 retained)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$73,000,000$67,122,758$0$1,100,000$5,877,242
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 9
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,666,667$2,666,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$600,000$600,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 9
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,100,000$1M)
LD
UFA - 1
$5,187,500$5,187,500
RD
UFA - 4
$1,550,000$1,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$725,000$725,000
RD
UFA - 1
$625,000$625,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 25, 2016 at 6:10 p.m.
idrisk2000
take out the edmonton 2nd and make minnesota throw in a 2nd
CollarMcbroken liked this.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 8:24 p.m.
brodie at best is a 5 dmen maybe a 4th. Why would edmonton do this?
Jul. 25, 2016 at 9:02 p.m.
MNBassman
Edited Jul. 25, 2016 at 9:09 p.m.
double post
Jul. 25, 2016 at 9:06 p.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: Idris
take out the edmonton 2nd and make minnesota throw in a 2nd

I disagree. RNH is a #2 center on his best days. He's overpaid for what he offers and this considerably reduces his value in a trade...plus, many people are already concerned about his durability issues. $6million a season for 5 more seasons for a #2 center who is undersized and underwhelming is not a smart hockey move for the Wild. I don't want the Wild to acquire him period...but in this fantasy world we are playing with here, I wouldn't offer up anything more than I have in this scenario.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 9:08 p.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: bones20

Brodin has played many minutes on the Wild's top pairing and 2nd pairing. He is a fantastic skater, puck mover, and defender. RNH is a #2 center on his best day. He's overpaid for what he offers and this considerably reduces his value in a trade. Pominville would add some much needed veteran leadership to an Oiler team that has played lost for years! That is why Edmonton SHOULD do this...
Jul. 25, 2016 at 9:14 p.m.
Quoting: MNBassman

Brodin has played many minutes on the Wild's top pairing and 2nd pairing. He is a fantastic skater, puck mover, and defender. RNH is a #2 center on his best day. He's overpaid for what he offers and this considerably reduces his value in a trade. Pominville would add some much needed veteran leadership to an Oiler team that has played lost for years! That is why Edmonton SHOULD do this...

Lol go look at some results. The wild get out shot and out scored with him on the ice. But yea top pair. Come at me with some results. RNH on the other hand when on the ice the team out scores and out shots the of team. At least over the last three years.
Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:05 p.m.

Lol go look at some results. The wild get out shot and out scored with him on the ice. But yea top pair. Come at me with some results. RNH on the other hand when on the ice the team out scores and out shots the of team. At least over the last three years.

I tend to agree with this sentiment. I think Brodin has been more a product of his line pairing and quality minutes matching than his actual talent. I've watched plenty of Minny games, I'm not just talkign out my rearend to make a point for something I didn't invest time into actually thinking. He's still good! But just not as good as Minny fans seem to think. What he has though is time. He's young so he could easily become a true top 2 dman in the future but right now, unless he can produce a 20 pt season for crying out loud, he's pushing 3-4th dman at best. Even defensive defensemen out score him lately. That's not normal.

As for Nugent Hopkins, its unbelievable how badly the Edmonton players reps are after the circus like management these past years. I don't know if people are purposefully putting these players down because they feel like if they do, they could somehow convince the hockey gods to get them traded to their team or if they are just part of the general populous who really can't see past their own team. You know what? I hope everyone thinks Nuge ais garbage so my beloved Habs can snag him up for a mint. Then when he's popping 60+ pts every season, y'all can cry about "why didn't my GM make that trade? He's sooo stupid"

RNH is a number one center. Maybe not on a cup winning team a la Toews, Kopitar,Crosby but on 75% of all other teams he is. He just needs an actual team behind him. As would many other star centerman. Crosby aint winning the cup with Klefbom and Talbot on the back end. Half the number one centermen in the league would be at an all time low if they had to play in EDM the past 5 years too. BTW Nuge is 23 years old and has outscored 90% of all other centerman by his age. How about we give him a break? You know, considering he's been in EDM.....

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=2006&season_start=1&season_end=-1&rookie=N&age_min=18&age_max=22&pos=C&is_playoffs=N&c1stat=points&c1comp=gt&c1val=150&threshhold=5&order_by=points

IF David Desharnais can be Montreal's top center and take them to the conference finals acouple years ago, I get really giddy thinking about what RNH could do alongside Pacioretty, Gallagher, Weber, Markov and Price.
Jul. 26, 2016 at 7:15 a.m.
KHoll
Edmonton doesn't need another LHD, the only trade to be had involves Dumba and if you ask me that trade doesn't happen. Edmonton's centre depth is gone if they trade RNH. Dumba is too young and has too much upside for the Wild to risk trading him. I'm willing to bet Chiarelli is just going to roll the dice and sign a couple cheap UFA's and hope a RHD like Larsson steps up and performs well on the powerplay. Maybe Boyle, Bartkowski or resign Gryba.
Jul. 26, 2016 at 10:19 a.m.
Maybe boyle has something left. The wiz would be the dman I roll the dice with. Larsson is not offensive. He is very good defensively but doesn't push play up ice. That is just who he is.
Jul. 26, 2016 at 11:22 a.m.
I don't see Brodin as a fit with Oilers anymore. Larsson fills the spot of no offense dman.

I don't see RNH as a fit with the Wild anymore either. He costs too much salary.

At this point it would take a huge overpay by the Wild to trade Pomenville (NMC) before the expansion draft. And he'd most likely have the ability to kill any trade with his M-NTC.
Jul. 26, 2016 at 3:13 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

I tend to agree with this sentiment. I think Brodin has been more a product of his line pairing and quality minutes matching than his actual talent. I've watched plenty of Minny games, I'm not just talkign out my rearend to make a point for something I didn't invest time into actually thinking. He's still good! But just not as good as Minny fans seem to think. What he has though is time. He's young so he could easily become a true top 2 dman in the future but right now, unless he can produce a 20 pt season for crying out loud, he's pushing 3-4th dman at best. Even defensive defensemen out score him lately. That's not normal.

As for Nugent Hopkins, its unbelievable how badly the Edmonton players reps are after the circus like management these past years. I don't know if people are purposefully putting these players down because they feel like if they do, they could somehow convince the hockey gods to get them traded to their team or if they are just part of the general populous who really can't see past their own team. You know what? I hope everyone thinks Nuge ais garbage so my beloved Habs can snag him up for a mint. Then when he's popping 60+ pts every season, y'all can cry about "why didn't my GM make that trade? He's sooo stupid"

RNH is a number one center. Maybe not on a cup winning team a la Toews, Kopitar,Crosby but on 75% of all other teams he is. He just needs an actual team behind him. As would many other star centerman. Crosby aint winning the cup with Klefbom and Talbot on the back end. Half the number one centermen in the league would be at an all time low if they had to play in EDM the past 5 years too. BTW Nuge is 23 years old and has outscored 90% of all other centerman by his age. How about we give him a break? You know, considering he's been in EDM.....

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=2006&season_start=1&season_end=-1&rookie=N&age_min=18&age_max=22&pos=C&is_playoffs=N&c1stat=points&c1comp=gt&c1val=150&threshhold=5&order_by=points

IF David Desharnais can be Montreal's top center and take them to the conference finals acouple years ago, I get really giddy thinking about what RNH could do alongside Pacioretty, Gallagher, Weber, Markov and Price.

Please please please stop using bad stats. Use p/60 @ 5vs5 not points. It's just not accurate.
Jul. 27, 2016 at 1:46 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

Please please please stop using bad stats. Use p/60 @ 5vs5 not points. It's just not accurate.

Please please please stop using p/60 @ 5vs5 as your sole basis for player scoring. The only place i used stats was to point out the "TOTAL" points RNH had scored at his age in comparison to others at the same age. Something the advanced stats you mentioned were not made to do.

You sound like someone who has memorized players corsi down to the decimal point. Take a chill with advanced stat verbiage, even advanced stat guys agree advanced stats are not the only defining factor for evaluating a player. Its a tool to give a broader perspective.
Jul. 27, 2016 at 3:33 p.m.
B
This is quite amusing, if you actually watch hockey.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll