SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Who do you want traded most

Trade who?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 19, 2020 at 1:36 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Of the players under contract next year, including Muzzin, who do you want gone from this team?
And why?
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 1:40 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Feb. 19, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
I really lie the tools Kerfoot has to be a decent 3c. he is not a good winger and thats on keefe for keeping him there. his combo of speed and passing works really well with kappy. I would assume it will be engvall that will be 3LW and the 3 of them would be fantastic together.

If I were to trade someone it would be Johnsson or Rielly. Im not a big fan of trading johnsson while his value is so low and the depth on LW isnt great (I think he can be a valuable contributor while playing with matthews and nylander).

Rielly is overrated around the league because he puts up points but hes not as good as most people think. Hes fantastic with the puck and puts up points but points (especially for defenseman) are extremely overrated. Dubas would be able to trade rielly for someone better like Parayko/ekblad/pesce and that would improve the team overall. IMO being able to drive play up the ice, properly suppress shots and contribute in areas that dont lead to points for the individual like rielly will lead to the team and specifically the forwards scoring more in general and also result in the leafs giving up less in the DZ. If you are able to trade a quarter for three dimes you should be doing that every day of the week. being able to run:
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin/Dermott-Parayko/Ekblad/Pesce/someone like that
Dermott/Sandin-Liljegrin
helps the leafs improve overall defensively and offensively as a team. someone like the three guys I mentioned are able to drive play up the ice with possession and overall boost the teams goal total where as someone like Barrie or Rielly arent very good in those areas but put up points that the forwards would otherwise be getting and therefore boost their individual stats
Feb. 19, 2020 at 2:14 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Sell Barrie and flip the assets (along with some other stuff) for Brodin or another dman with term. Helps both the present and future.
Otherwise, not much else needs to be done imo (right this second anyway).
Feb. 19, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Other as well. I don’t mind moving kerfoot, Muzzin is staying.

First on the list... Barrie. He is good at what he is good at. A team may pay a premium in futures that we can package together for the right type of Dman with term. Severson or Manson maybe.
Trickster and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 2:56 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Oh and Rielly isn’t as bad defensively as his stats suggest. Much more effective than Barrie.
Trickster liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 3:10 p.m.
Campbe11
Austin Matthews!

On the ice, he is a Superstar, and by that, I mean a selfish puck hog! He is more driven to break records then do what it takes to win!
Off the ice, there is that shady issue last summer!

Also if Dubas announced he was on the Market the bidding war would rake in everything we need and more!
Feb. 19, 2020 at 3:18 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Leaf_fan_74
Austin Matthews!

On the ice, he is a Superstar, and by that, I mean a selfish puck hog! He is more driven to break records then do what it takes to win!

Also if Dubas announced he was on the Market the bidding war would rake in everything we need and more!

You are joking right?
Feb. 19, 2020 at 3:32 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Under contract for next year. Actually I can't think of anyone. One reason I don't know of any replacements for let's say Andersen who would be # 1 choice. Johnsson is an obviously one to clear cap.
I'm just happy to getting some new blood in with Ceci, Barrie, Spezza, Clifford gone
Trickster liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 4:02 p.m.
I don't think there's any one guy I'd like traded but I have been pissed off at the lack of "give a ****" meter in the last two games specifically.

I don't believe for a second that the second Rielly comes back the defensive issues are solved, far from it.

Also a very smart post was made about Rielly earlier today (I'm having trouble remembering who and where) but the point was brought up about Rielly trying to get points meanwhile the forwards that should be getting those offensive chances aren't getting nearly enough of them.

It's worth reading..I will try to find it.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
Austin Matthews!

Quoting: Random2152
You are joking right?

Yes let's trade the wet dream 1 C we've pined over since Sundin cause he has a shady stache and knocked on a woman's car door while drunk at 21 with idiot friends who all of sudden 4 months later felt scared when Mr Matthews said piss off your not getting paid
Feb. 19, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Sell Barrie and flip the assets (along with some other stuff) for Brodin or another dman with term. Helps both the present and future.
Otherwise, not much else needs to be done imo (right this second anyway).

Quoting: Jamiepo
Other as well. I don’t mind moving kerfoot, Muzzin is staying.

First on the list... Barrie. He is good at what he is good at. A team may pay a premium in futures that we can package together for the right type of Dman with term. Severson or Manson maybe.

I did say someone under contract including Muzzin for next year.

Maybe you mean use the assets acquired by moving Barrie???

Or do you mean you want keep every player under contract and add????
Feb. 19, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: palhal
Under contract for next year. Actually I can't think of anyone. One reason I don't know of any replacements for let's say Andersen who would be # 1 choice. Johnsson is an obviously one to clear cap.
I'm just happy to getting some new blood in with Ceci, Barrie, Spezza, Clifford gone

You dont want Speeza back at 700k????
Feb. 19, 2020 at 5:45 p.m.
Campbe11
You are joking right?

Not one bit!
Feb. 19, 2020 at 5:46 p.m.
Campbe11
Quoting: Boomer125
Yes let's trade the wet dream 1 C we've pined over since Sundin cause he has a shady stache and knocked on a woman's car door while drunk at 21 with idiot friends who all of sudden 4 months later felt scared when Mr Matthews said piss off your not getting paid

And how many cups did Sundin bring to Toronto?

Mic drop!

Oh and Tavares fills the 1C role easily!
Feb. 19, 2020 at 5:51 p.m.
torontos finest
And how many cups did Sundin bring to Toronto?

Mic drop!

Oh and Tavares fills the 1C role easily!

This is a 46-year-old man saying "mic-drop" on a hockey forum.
Jack_ and MasterMatt23 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 5:54 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Not one bit!

Wow. Just wow.
Your eye test isn't very good
GenXHockey, Trickster, Sign_em_up000000 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 6:11 p.m.
Campbe11
Wow. Just wow.
Your eye test isn't very good

You are allowed to disagree and therefore it is a two-way street, no doubt Matthew is a special talent!

I just feel at his heart he is not a Maple Leaf if so why would he even ask for a 5-year term. One could say that is emotional abuse, in that he holds Leafs Nation hostage until that time. That's not a take one for the team sort of act.

I just watched Tim and Sid just a moment ago. Tim asked when is the last time the leafs had such great talent. The answer the 80's all at the same time Clark, Leaman, Courtnall, Vaive, that team too sucked despite having TWO let me say it again TWO 50-goal scorers, and a legendary 30-goal tough guy!
Feb. 19, 2020 at 6:11 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
You are joking right?

No... he is a joke.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Campbe11
You are allowed to disagree and therefore it is a two-way street, no doubt Matthew is a special talent!

I just feel at his heart he is not a Maple Leaf if so why would he even ask for a 5-year term. One could say that is emotional abuse, in that he holds Leafs Nation hostage until that time. That's not a take one for the team sort of act.

I just watched Tim and Sid just a moment ago. Tim asked when is the last time the leafs had such great talent. The answer the 80's all at the same time Clark, Leaman, Courtnall, Vaive, that team too sucked despite having TWO let me say it again TWO 50-goal scorers, and a legendary 30-goal tough guy!

Disagree all you want, however, this script was played out already and what I purpose is completely different than how they approached it last time. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 6:17 p.m.
Campbe11
Quoting: Jamiepo
No... he is a joke.

Get over yourself! It's just a game!
Feb. 19, 2020 at 6:22 p.m.

Disagree all you want, however, this script was played out already and what I purpose is completely different than how they approached it last time. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

The 5 year contract has nothing to do with heart or lack of heart, the 80s was so very long ago, things have changed, players get paid real money, it's a real league, Matthews went after a 5 year deal to cash in twice and from his pov it's be foolish not too cash in as much as he can. Everything has changed since the 80's. Your argument is a little outdated and completely mute. I've bled blue and white my whole life and if I had the opportunity to cash in twice I would no question
Feb. 19, 2020 at 6:43 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

He asked for an 8 year term. It was not going to jive with the cap. To think he doesn’t take pride in being a leaf would be foolish.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:18 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Trickster
You dont want Speeza back at 700k????

If that is the only choice, I wouldn't mind. Could the Leafs get a "harder" fourth/fifth liner at 1m just to add some contrast to the team might be my preference.
oneX and Trickster liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 3:21 a.m.
Edited Feb. 20, 2020 at 3:38 a.m.
Barrie

Packages of :

Barrie + Kerfoot + Timashov and
Hyman + Dermott + Holl ( this one cause Hyman will walk next year and Holl is 2M 3rd Pair kid )

...would for sure landed so much needed D man that would actually excell in their own Zone....Keefes Wizardy aka Total hockey isnt working anymore, it benefited from easy Dec schedule and Teams being caught by surprise and not being able to adapt. Now the honeymoon is over and if 5 ppl will kamikaze-rush into offence, neither Andersen nor Hasek would be able to bring wins alone......

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit