SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Who do you want traded most

Trade who?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:21 p.m.
Without going into too much detail I'd be open to listen on offers for all players, the key word is listen tho. It would be dependent on the player(s) coming back. I know you want a straight answer so I would say Kerfoot if we're getting a d on that level of value, if we could get a higher tier dman back I'd move Nylander or build a package around him if possible. I think this team needs more balance but it would have to be the right deal. That being said, I would look to move Barrie right now for assets and attach them to another piece on the team to land a better d.

Who would you pick besides Muzzin?
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
Without going into too much detail I'd be open to listen on offers for all players, the key word is listen tho. It would be dependent on the player(s) coming back. I know you want a straight answer so I would say Kerfoot if we're getting a d on that level of value, if we could get a higher tier dman back I'd move Nylander or build a package around him if possible. I think this team needs more balance but it would have to be the right deal. That being said, I would look to move Barrie right now for assets and attach them to another piece on the team to land a better d.

Who would you pick besides Muzzin?

Kerfoot and/or Johnsson
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:39 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
Kerfoot and/or Johnsson

Do you think Minny would have any interest in a deal headlined by Kerfoot and Brodin?
Trickster liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:54 p.m.
You dont want Speeza back at 700k????

Yes please! Just read all of these
Trickster liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:54 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Do you think Minny would have any interest in a deal headlined by Kerfoot and Brodin?

Maybe, but might be smart to just wait and sign Brodin a year later.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:56 p.m.
Kerfoot and/or Johnsson

Can't trade injured players. Any deal involving Johnsson will have to wait til he's healthy but realistically once he's played some games in a Leafs jersey.
Sign_em_up000000 and Trickster liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
Maybe, but might be smart to just wait and sign Brodin a year later.

Fair enough.
Trickster liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: oneX
Can't trade injured players. Any deal involving Johnsson will have to wait til he's healthy but realistically once he's played some games in a Leafs jersey.

That's subject of this topic, who to trade for next year.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 10:00 p.m.

I'm certainly not mad that he won't be traded now. The guys not even one of my favorite players he just does a lot of things we'll that go unnoticed.
Trickster liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
I'm certainly not mad that he won't be traded now. The guys not even one of my favorite players he just does a lot of things we'll that go unnoticed.

That's what non Leaf fans dont getcabout Johnsson
Feb. 20, 2020 at 10:18 p.m.
That's what non Leaf fans dont getcabout Johnsson

I've been educating none leaf fans on here about him so much that it gets exhausting, yet they all wanna trade for him while talking about how garbage he is lol...talk about sound logicshakes head Huh?
Trickster and oneX liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 10:24 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
I've been educating none leaf fans on here about him so much that it gets exhausting, yet they all wanna trade for him while talking about how garbage he is lol...talk about sound logicshakes head Huh?

On point, too true my friend.
Sign_em_up000000 and oneX liked this.
Feb. 21, 2020 at 6:59 a.m.
Campbe11
Quoting: Jamiepo
He asked for an 8 year term. It was not going to jive with the cap. To think he doesn’t take pride in being a leaf would be foolish.

and you know this how?
Feb. 21, 2020 at 7:13 a.m.
Campbe11
Quoting: Boomer125
The 5 year contract has nothing to do with heart or lack of heart, the 80s was so very long ago, things have changed, players get paid real money, it's a real league, Matthews went after a 5 year deal to cash in twice and from his pov it's be foolish not too cash in as much as he can. Everything has changed since the 80's. Your argument is a little outdated and completely mute. I've bled blue and white my whole life and if I had the opportunity to cash in twice I would no question

Fair points, I won't argue them but all things considered, Sydney Crosby cashed in how many times? and how many cups does he have? To most of us regular people, your logic is great advice... get yours. But for multimillionaires is it the same? Are they playing for riches or for the love of the game? I mean when all the dust settles how much more is 60 million then 55 million? Does the value of that 5 million really translate? Would it be too much to ask them to spare it for the team's benefit? Lastly, shouldn't players get paid for accomplishments, rather then what we think they could be?
Feb. 21, 2020 at 7:18 a.m.
Quoting: Leaf_fan_74
Fair points, I won't argue them but all things considered, Sydney Crosby cashed in how many times? and how many cups does he have? To most of us regular people, your logic is great advice... get yours. But for multimillionaires is it the same? Are they playing for riches or for the love of the game? I mean when all the dust settles how much more is 60 million then 55 million? Does the value of that 5 million really translate? Would it be too much to ask them to spare it for the team's benefit? Lastly, shouldn't players get paid for accomplishments, rather then what we think they could be?

Sydney Crosby , Ovechkin both signed prior to there being a limit on how long you could sign a player, both players signed like 12 year 100 million dollar deals which is what allowed their Saves to look so attractive, that option didn't exist for the Leafs signings as the league put an end to it. Two completely different signing era's, Matthews was willing to sign for 8 years but it pushed his AAV above 12 per year which would not have allowed the team to sign Marner and Nylander to the term and money both players are clearly worth
oneX liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 10:48 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Ceci
Feb. 23, 2020 at 10:41 a.m.
Campbe11
Sydney Crosby , Ovechkin both signed prior to there being a limit on how long you could sign a player, both players signed like 12 year 100 million dollar deals which is what allowed their Saves to look so attractive, that option didn't exist for the Leafs signings as the league put an end to it. Two completely different signing era's, Matthews was willing to sign for 8 years but it pushed his AAV above 12 per year which would not have allowed the team to sign Marner and Nylander to the term and money both players are clearly worth

I tasted that media-cookie too! It was bitter and left a bad after taste.

I love how today's'-fans regurgitate media narratives like we all didn't watch the same shows. In order to support the things, you are claiming you need evidence otherwise its just uneducated speculation; which is fine and part of fandom. This being said, other than repeating the talking-heads discussion points what is your evidence?
Feb. 23, 2020 at 10:51 a.m.

I love how today's'-fans regurgitate media narratives like we all didn't watch the same shows. In order to support the things, you are claiming you need evidence otherwise its just uneducated speculation; which is fine and part of fandom. This being said, other than repeating the talking-heads discussion points what is your evidence?

The evidence is in black white written in the current CBA.
Feb. 23, 2020 at 10:52 a.m.
Campbe11
The evidence is in black white written in the current CBA.

Thats right, would you share a copy of that document with me?
Feb. 23, 2020 at 10:58 a.m.
Thats right, would you share a copy of that document with me?

You clearly have the internet feel free to look it up, you're clearly blind to common knowledge of the CBA if you require evidence to see that 8 years is a max term contract
Feb. 23, 2020 at 12:33 p.m.
Campbe11
You clearly have the internet feel free to look it up, you're clearly blind to common knowledge of the CBA if you require evidence to see that 8 years is a max term contract

OK, the insult isn't constructive, relax. I'm serious if you know where I can view the actual CBA document, help a brother out! I haven't been able to find it; albeit, your also right who in their right mind would waste their time analyzing it if they weren't getting paid to do it. BTW the common sense term is so often used incorrectly so could you clarify what you mean when using it? Are you suggesting a common understanding amongst an educated populous? If so neither you are I are included in that consensus and therefore I can't use common sense, perhaps you meant something else?
Feb. 23, 2020 at 3:30 p.m.

I'm not chiming in to talk CBA because this is not the thread for it. What I will say is there's players who want to get paid, and then there's players who want to get paid and win.

I'll let you guess where Crosby falls into that category. If Crosby took less term, he would likely get paid similarly to other top players in the league.
Feb. 23, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Edited Feb. 23, 2020 at 11:27 p.m.
Of the players under contract next year, including Muzzin, who do you want gone from this team?
And why?

Quoting: Jack_
I really lie the tools Kerfoot has to be a decent 3c. he is not a good winger and thats on keefe for keeping him there. his combo of speed and passing works really well with kappy. I would assume it will be engvall that will be 3LW and the 3 of them would be fantastic together.

If I were to trade someone it would be Johnsson or Rielly. Im not a big fan of trading johnsson while his value is so low and the depth on LW isnt great (I think he can be a valuable contributor while playing with matthews and nylander).

Rielly is overrated around the league because he puts up points but hes not as good as most people think. Hes fantastic with the puck and puts up points but points (especially for defenseman) are extremely overrated. Dubas would be able to trade rielly for someone better like Parayko/ekblad/pesce and that would improve the team overall. IMO being able to drive play up the ice, properly suppress shots and contribute in areas that dont lead to points for the individual like rielly will lead to the team and specifically the forwards scoring more in general and also result in the leafs giving up less in the DZ. If you are able to trade a quarter for three dimes you should be doing that every day of the week. being able to run:
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin/Dermott-Parayko/Ekblad/Pesce/someone like that
Dermott/Sandin-Liljegrin
helps the leafs improve overall defensively and offensively as a team. someone like the three guys I mentioned are able to drive play up the ice with possession and overall boost the teams goal total where as someone like Barrie or Rielly arent very good in those areas but put up points that the forwards would otherwise be getting and therefore boost their individual stats

Quoting: Jamiepo
Other as well. I don’t mind moving kerfoot, Muzzin is staying.

First on the list... Barrie. He is good at what he is good at. A team may pay a premium in futures that we can package together for the right type of Dman with term. Severson or Manson maybe.

Quoting: palhal
Under contract for next year. Actually I can't think of anyone. One reason I don't know of any replacements for let's say Andersen who would be # 1 choice. Johnsson is an obviously one to clear cap.
I'm just happy to getting some new blood in with Ceci, Barrie, Spezza, Clifford gone

I don't think there's any one guy I'd like traded but I have been pissed off at the lack of "give a ****" meter in the last two games specifically.

I don't believe for a second that the second Rielly comes back the defensive issues are solved, far from it.

Also a very smart post was made about Rielly earlier today (I'm having trouble remembering who and where) but the point was brought up about Rielly trying to get points meanwhile the forwards that should be getting those offensive chances aren't getting nearly enough of them.

It's worth reading..I will try to find it.

Yes let's trade the wet dream 1 C we've pined over since Sundin cause he has a shady stache and knocked on a woman's car door while drunk at 21 with idiot friends who all of sudden 4 months later felt scared when Mr Matthews said piss off your not getting paid

Quoting: mondo
This is a 46-year-old man saying "mic-drop" on a hockey forum.

I think it might be time to consider moving Marner in the off season. This room needs to be shaken to the core as their lackadaisical approach is absolutely unacceptable. Marner will return an extraordinary piece and then some even if traded at a loss/low point. Carolina makes a lot of sense.

Still think Barrie needs to go at the deadline (OVERPAY US BIM! DO IT NOW!).

It also sounds like Markstrom would take 4@5.5aav but the Nucks don't want to pay. If he gets to UFA, we should talk about moving Freddie too.
I'd try 3@6 for him.
oneX, Jack_ and Trickster liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 2:48 a.m.
Campbe11
I'm not chiming in to talk CBA because this is not the thread for it. What I will say is there's players who want to get paid, and then there's players who want to get paid and win.

I'll let you guess where Crosby falls into that category. If Crosby took less term, he would likely get paid similarly to other top players in the league.

Yes, I agree, moreover it appears like both Matthews and Marner got paid... That's it! Hard to admit but I think it's time one of them has to go... I choose Matthews. But Marner comment of late are unacceptable.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 9:27 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: Random2152
I think it might be time to consider moving Marner in the off season. This room needs to be shaken to the core as their lackadaisical approach is absolutely unacceptable. Marner will return an extraordinary piece and then some even if traded at a loss/low point. Carolina makes a lot of sense.

Still think Barrie needs to go at the deadline (OVERPAY US BIM! DO IT NOW!).

It also sounds like Markstrom would take 4@5.5aav but the Nucks don't want to pay. If he gets to UFA, we should talk about moving Freddie too.
I'd try 3@6 for him.

Markstrom is a top 5 goalie in the nhl right now and it looks like he and his agent dont seem to know it. Resigning freddy isnt a good idea with his injury history. Lehner would also be a good idea at the right cost. Hes shown hes capable of playing in diverse situations and hes been fantastic on a horrible hawks team. If freddy bounces back for the rest of the season he would get a very good return. Getting assets for freddy and upgrading the goalie position would be a huge win.

I dont believe that goalies are very important but if the leafs arent able to build a strong defensive structure like Carolina, Columbus, The Isles or Arizona does then they need to invest in very good goalies without having to pay them too much
Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit