Published: Feb. 19, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
MTL
  1. Jost, Tyson
  2. 2020 1st round pick (COL)
  3. 2020 3rd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Tatar trade starts with a first and a young player. Bergevin and his scouts has been watching Colorado games for a while, so he’s definitely scouting one of the players on the Avs’ roster. IMO, it comes down to Jost, Kamanev, Kaut or Zadorov. I don’t think it is Kaut, since MB was scouting their roster before he got called up. I also don’t believe it is Kamanev since he doesn’t have the value that Jost or Zadarov would have in a deal for Tatar. What leads me to believe that it is Jost that they are scouting is that Timmins wanted to draft him in 2016 until Sergachev fell into his lap (he wasn’t expecting him to be available). If we look at the value other high-end forwards have fetched this deadline so far, it is fair to assume that a guy like Tatar would fetch a first round pick and a prospect/young player, as said earlier, but, since Jost might bust, I added a third round pick just to give Montreal more incentive to do the deal. Overall, I firmly stand by the fact that this deal would be plausible and realistic for both teams, as Montreal is getting fair value for a 70 point winger with two years left on his deal and Colorado isn’t giving up any of their big name prospects. A condition could also be added imo (maybe if Colorado reaches the CF or SCF, the third round pick becomes a 2021 second round pick). Not sure if that is too much though...
COL
  1. Tatar, Tomas ($2,400,000 retained)
MTL
  1. Backes, David
  2. 2020 1st round pick (BOS)
MTL
  1. 2021 4th round pick (EDM)
  2. 2021 7th round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,392,975$0$1,345,000$6,107,025
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 3
$763,333$763,333 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:15 p.m.
Juraj Slapshotsky
That's a fair trade I don't think MB would do this tough, we need prospect more NHL ready than picks.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:23 p.m.
i dont see mtl making that deal. look how good offensively colorado is, yet jost is still under half a point per game. they called up Kaut, so that would make sense to target. maybe even timmins in the ahl. and mtl wont retain that much salary unless a 2nd rd pick is added. jost and a late 1st just get u tatar. tatar with half his salary retained is worth way more
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:33 p.m.
GM Game v1 v2
Your trades aside, I have a feeling MTL is scouting Zadorov. But I think you're in the relative ballpark of Tatar's value. Boston trade is situational--depends how desperate they get, since they only need to swallow 1 year of AHL Backes if they don't do the trade. They may find another way out that doesn't involve their 1st pick.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:33 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
i dont see mtl making that deal. look how good offensively colorado is, yet jost is still under half a point per game. they called up Kaut, so that would make sense to target. maybe even timmins in the ahl. and mtl wont retain that much salary unless a 2nd rd pick is added. jost and a late 1st just get u tatar. tatar with half his salary retained is worth way more

Jost is a Speed based player playing in the West
Domi's numbers jumped , Tatar's numbers jumped , Byron's numbers jumped and even Armia's numbers jumped after moving to the east which is move speed and skill oriented then the west who prefers size and checking game traditionally .

jost in MTL is atleast a 30-35 point player.
not trying to say that's amazing but respectable and something we can work with.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup
Your trades aside, I have a feeling MTL is scouting Zadorov. But I think you're in the relative ballpark of Tatar's value. Boston trade is situational--depends how desperate they get, since they only need to swallow 1 year of AHL Backes if they don't do the trade. They may find another way out that doesn't involve their 1st pick.

we dont want that cheap shotting SOB
after his hit on KK his year was basically over as he never played right again after to the point we sent him to Laval .

you dont drop our rookie directly on his head with all his weight crashing down then get to play here .
fans dont forget and just like with Chara we'll boo the crap out of him for years to come
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
Quoting: Billy739
Domi's numbers jumped , Tatar's numbers jumped , Byron's numbers jumped and even Armia's numbers jumped after moving to the east which is move speed and skill oriented then the west who prefers size and checking game traditionally .

not trying to say that's amazing but respectable and something we can work with.

not worth it though. unless colorado adds another good young prospect
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:37 p.m.
GM Game v1 v2
we dont want that cheap shotting SOB
after his hit on KK his year was basically over as he never played right again after to the point we sent him to Laval .

you dont drop our rookie directly on his head with all his weight crashing down then get to play here .
fans dont forget and just like with Chara we'll boo the crap out of him for years to come

I didn't know you were the official spokesperson for all Habs fans. Impressive, my dude.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:46 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
not worth it though. unless colorado adds another good young prospect

He like KK started in the NHL at 18 as a top 10 pick
put up better and more consistent numbers then KK in his first 2 seasons (KK had 34 points 1 season and 8 the next compared to Josts consistent 22-26 points )

just saying you're saying no to the guy MTL was prepared to draft until Sergachev fell into their laps .
Timmons called him Brendan Gallagher without the smile and given how long it took Gallagher value to us to match his offensive output
i wouldnt write Jost off as if he's a Jake Evans level player as its not the case . (not saying Jake's bad but he's a clear cut bottom 6 guy who plays heavy on special teams and not a top6 guy like Jost will be )

but if it makes it easier i'd say Jost ,1st and a 2nd gives MTL a piece for today and 7 picks in the first 2 rounds of the draft in 2020 they host .
whether MTL uses them to trade up or drafts bulk and develops them all to push along the rebuild like NYR
we're winners
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:46 p.m.
gabriiel40
This is listed as realistic but if you look at Coleman trade and Tofolli trade that have now set the market....I doubt this is close in value. Toffoli is at 0.586 p/g, Coleman is at 0.544 p/g and Tatar is at 0.870 p/g with another year left on his contract. Jost, a 1st and a 3rd is enough for a winger that drive the play and is going to hit 70 points this year?? You said it yourself that Jost may bust but only through in a 3rd to make up for it, I get that he is only 21 but at this point Montreal does not need another winger with sub 0.5 p/g. If Colorado wants Tatar, they will have to spend a lot and Jost as the player coming back doesn't even begin the conversation.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:51 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup
I didn't know you were the official spokesperson for all Habs fans. Impressive, my dude.

i'm someone who pays to see games
go to a game once in a while and you'd hear 20 thousand plus fans booing the crap out of target players and Zadorov is one .

if you ever been there live you wouldnt even be confused by this
fans who just watch it on TV dont truly appreciate the atmosphere at the Bell Center .
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:53 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: gabriiel40
This is listed as realistic but if you look at Coleman trade and Tofolli trade that have now set the market....I doubt this is close in value. Toffoli is at 0.586 p/g, Coleman is at 0.544 p/g and Tatar is at 0.870 p/g with another year left on his contract. Jost, a 1st and a 3rd is enough for a winger that drive the play and is going to hit 70 points this year?? You said it yourself that Jost may bust but only through in a 3rd to make up for it, I get that he is only 21 but at this point Montreal does not need another winger with sub 0.5 p/g. If Colorado wants Tatar, they will have to spend a lot and Jost as the player coming back doesn't even begin the conversation.

Same exact arguement can be said about KK
he's got less points and games then Jost in his first 2 years playing as an 18 year old

Seems like a flawed logic based solely on offense and not potential
Feb. 19, 2020 at 7:55 p.m.

Hate to burst your bubble but Jost isn’t a speed based player, on the Avs he is one of the weaker skaters speed wise (something he acknowledged after his rookie year). He does have great hockey IQ and hands and is tenacious on the forecheck, and is a good passer. I personally think that given a legit shot in a top 6 role (probably as a 2C) with some regular PP time he can be a solid 40pt maybe MAYBE a 50pt player.
Billy739 and AslanRH liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:07 p.m.
gabriiel40
Same exact arguement can be said about KK
he's got less points and games then Jost in his first 2 years playing as an 18 year old

Seems like a flawed logic based solely on offense and not potential

So you want to argue that Jost >/= KK because he put up more consistent numbers? If Jost has so much potential, then why isn't he playing in the top 6, heck even in the top 9? The guy has almost the same amount of points as Nate Thomson (given Thomson has played more games) and is also playing on the 4th line for Colorado. I admit that KK is having a bad year, but so many kids do so during their sophomore campaigns. Jost may have been a target during the draft but lets not pretend like he has more than middle 6 potential at this point, heck, even Bellemare is playing above this guy.

If Colorado wants Tatar, their going to have to dig deeper in their pockets than Jost.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:07 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Xqb15
Hate to burst your bubble but Jost isn’t a speed based player, on the Avs he is one of the weaker skaters speed wise (something he acknowledged after his rookie year). He does have great hockey IQ and hands and is tenacious on the forecheck, and is a good passer. I personally think that given a legit shot in a top 6 role (probably as a 2C) with some regular PP time he can be a solid 40pt maybe MAYBE a 50pt player.

Danault was given a similar ceiling and has reached it
now he's starting to stick his toe over that line a little :P
Every former 1st rounder we get we make a profit off of if nothing else but many we keep
Danault,Domi,Drouin,Armia,and even Kovalchuk are just the ones we've found a home for
Others we've flipped for a profit or in Karl Alzners case got totally boned on .
Traditonally though we have had better luck with other peoples 1st rounders then our own from 2008-2015

Suzuki made the same statement and trained 2 years with Marner and his Speed Skating coach at the London Knights arena
seems like an easy solution is to add him to the program
Personally i think compared to everyone outside 3 players on MTL that Jost would be as fast if not faster then .
Tatar ,Drouin and Byron are about MTL's only 2 Really Fast skaters and the rest are just smart positioning , good strides to gap up and cut off shooting lanes.
SlafCaufZuki and Xqb15 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:09 p.m.
Billy739
So you want to argue that Jost >/= KK because he put up more consistent numbers? If Jost has so much potential, then why isn't he playing in the top 6, heck even in the top 9? The guy has almost the same amount of points as Nate Thomson (given Thomson has played more games) and is also playing on the 4th line for Colorado. I admit that KK is having a bad year, but so many kids do so during their sophomore campaigns. Jost may have been a target during the draft but lets not pretend like he has more than middle 6 potential at this point, heck, even Bellemare is playing above this guy.

If Colorado wants Tatar, their going to have to dig deeper in their pockets than Jost.

nope i'm saying your logic is flawed because its built on points(or offense only) not potential
pretty sure i closed with that very statement
i stand by that statement still
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:11 p.m.
gabriiel40
nope i'm saying your logic is flawed because its built on points(or offense only) not potential
pretty sure i closed with that very statement
i stand by that statement still

Seems like your logic is flawed considering you ignored the majority of my reply.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
Billy739
Seems like your logic is flawed considering you ignored the majority of my reply.

when someone ignores the comment they're posting on to hijack the narrative and try to twist the context of the statement
you're right i dont humor them and their new alternative reality .

you dont humor people who do this in real life either
why would you online ?

but feel free to continue to deflect
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:28 p.m.
gabriiel40
when someone ignores the comment they're posting on to hijack the narrative and try to twist the context of the statement
you're right i dont humor them and their new alternative reality .

you dont humor people who do this in real life either
why would you online ?

but feel free to continue to deflect

Change the narrative? You brought up KK and potential with no facts to support it, I brought up actual numbers that suggest Jost wont reach his previous potential of a top 6 forward. And if you want to get technical on points since you said KK only had 8 this year, career wise in 2 seasons, Kk has more p/g than Jost. (0.33 vs 0.36)
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:32 p.m.
Billy739
Change the narrative? You brought up KK and potential with no facts to support it, I brought up actual numbers that suggest Jost wont reach his previous potential of a top 6 forward. And if you want to get technical on points since you said KK only had 8 this year, career wise in 2 seasons, Kk has more p/g than Jost. (0.33 vs 0.36)

you made a statement based on Hyperbole (look it up , i'll wait)
i mocked you doing the exact same argument from a different POV
then i pointed out how limited and illogical that approach was . . . .

the one thing i hate about online is the inability to mock someone sarcastically with effect when they doing or say something outrageous
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:57 p.m.
GM Game v1 v2
i'm someone who pays to see games
go to a game once in a while and you'd hear 20 thousand plus fans booing the crap out of target players and Zadorov is one .

if you ever been there live you wouldnt even be confused by this
fans who just watch it on TV dont truly appreciate the atmosphere at the Bell Center .

Keep your condescension to yourself. I also pay to see games. You don't need to be a Robert about it.
Zadorov isn't the leader of our #1 rival like Chara. If Habs do acquire him, I feel like they won't be booing him for long, if at all.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll