Forums/Armchair-GM

Trade with FLA and TOR

Created by: Wildwinswhen
Team: 2019-20 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 19, 2020
Published: Feb. 19, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Following up on beat writer extraordinaire, Michael Russo, who indicated that TOR is interested in Dumba and FLA is interested in Brodin. Trocheck was mentioned, but the rest of the trade structures here are mine.
Trades
MIN
  1. Ang, Jonathan
  2. Trocheck, Vincent
  3. 2020 3rd round pick (COL)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$66,628,590$0$1,100,000$14,871,410
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,625,000$1,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$916,666$916,666 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,187,500$5,187,500
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 3
$716,666$716,666
D
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:31 p.m.
KFTW
Ask for Dermott imo. They will need LHD once Brodin is gone. Dermott + Kapanen and a 2nd for Dumba and Foligno (retain 50%)
Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
The leafs dont need Dumba, not remotely
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: csick
Ask for Dermott imo. They will need LHD once Brodin is gone. Dermott + Kapanen and a 2nd for Dumba and Foligno (retain 50%)

Need a third pairing guy, can easily find one of those without getting Dermott
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:41 p.m.
Toronto trade is bad, SDA is not even close to a projected 1C.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:42 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
The leafs dont need Dumba, not remotely

It doesn't matter what your personal opinion is. It's well reported by sides of both teams that Toronto is one of the most aggressive teams in trying to trade for Dumba. Deal with it.

Quoting: csick

While I agree that Dermott and Kapanen is a good ask from Minnesota, Foligno isn't needed in Toronto. Maybe Ryan Donato with some money retained instead. Leafs want more skill over the physical play and Donato hasn't seemed to fit in too well in Minnesota. He'd be a decent replacement for Johnsson
Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.
Quoting: Ryminister_27
It doesn't matter what your personal opinion is. It's well reported by sides of both teams that Toronto is one of the most aggressive teams in trying to trade for Dumba. Deal with it.

no that has not been reported from both sides. stop making stuff up. It was once reported by friedman that the leafs talked about Dumba. Then a Minny guy said the leafs were the most aggressive and that hasnt been confirmed by anyone at all. And it came out like days after a comedic leak that minny was looking for a 1C in return. You need to actually pay attention to what is said and not create some narrative about a guy that doesnt fit with the leafs at all
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:57 p.m.
no that has not been reported from both sides. stop making stuff up. It was once reported by friedman that the leafs talked about Dumba. Then a Minny guy said the leafs were the most aggressive and that hasnt been confirmed by anyone at all. And it came out like days after a comedic leak that minny was looking for a 1C in return. You need to actually pay attention to what is said and not create some narrative about a guy that doesnt fit with the leafs at all

They aren't creating a narrative. The "minny guy" you are referring to is Michael Russo, who is one of the most plugged-in sources in the league. Honestly he should be a national source, he breaks news for other teams from time to time but he's technically the Wild's beat writer. Here's his quote from The Athletic: "The Maple Leafs appear to be the most interested party in Dumba, but it’s hard to see how they can help at center unless it’s somebody like Alex Kerfoot (which surely isn’t enough). Kasperi Kapanen is a talented, young winger, but the Wild are overwrought with wingers."
Wildwinswhen and Ryminister_27 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:03 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
They aren't creating a narrative. The "minny guy" you are referring to is Michael Russo, who is one of the most plugged-in sources in the league. Honestly he should be a national source, he breaks news for other teams from time to time but he's technically the Wild's beat writer. Here's his quote from The Athletic: "The Maple Leafs appear to be the most interested party in Dumba, but it’s hard to see how they can help at center unless it’s somebody like Alex Kerfoot (which surely isn’t enough). Kasperi Kapanen is a talented, young winger, but the Wild are overwrought with wingers."

Russo gets info from people who want that info out there. The people who want that info out there is minny. Minny wants max value for Dumba, teams literally always use the leafs as leverage to extract value, that is why the leafs are "In" on literally every RHD right now. Like Risto, like Dumba, like Subban, etc etc etc.

Hot tip, when a reporter uses words like "appears" and hedges their bet with "they probably dont have the pieces" it's a soft get the name out there nudge and you can basically rule that team out of any legit interest.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:06 p.m.
Banned

Lol.
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:08 p.m.
Banned
Russo gets info from people who want that info out there. The people who want that info out there is minny. Minny wants max value for Dumba, teams literally always use the leafs as leverage to extract value, that is why the leafs are "In" on literally every RHD right now. Like Risto, like Dumba, like Subban, etc etc etc.

Hot tip, when a reporter uses words like "appears" and hedges their bet with "they probably dont have the pieces" it's a soft get the name out there nudge and you can basically rule that team out of any legit interest.

Or... Leafs are actually "in" on right handed d-men because they're a smart organization who recognizes they need to address a weakness so they call around to see who's available. Once they find someone they like they'll be more aggressive. Ie Dumba.. so it actually makes a lot of sense if you have some common sense.
Wildwinswhen, TanSor and JayTea liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:14 p.m.
Or... Leafs are actually "in" on right handed d-men because they're a smart organization who recognizes they need to address a weakness so they call around to see who's available. Once they find someone they like they'll be more aggressive. Ie Dumba.. so it actually makes a lot of sense if you have some common sense.

if the leafs were looking for RHD because they were smart, they wouldnt be calling about a guy who cant play the puck in his own end when they already have Tyson Barrie and Morgan Rielly. You know, common sense.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:24 p.m.
Banned
if the leafs were looking for RHD because they were smart, they wouldnt be calling about a guy who cant play the puck in his own end when they already have Tyson Barrie and Morgan Rielly. You know, common sense.

& you know Barrie is a pending UFA and Rielly is injured and only has a couple years left on his deal. Dumba has term left and is still in his mid 20's. So getting a guy like that makes sense not only short term, but long term.

I get you don't like Dumba and you're entitled to your opinion. But to sit there and say the Leafs have no interest in him just because YOU don't like him when there's multiple reliable sources that say they are pursuing him, just makes you look like an idiot. Better stop while you're ahead. You know, common sense.
TanSor and JayTea liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
& you know Barrie is a pending UFA and Rielly is injured and only has a couple years left on his deal. Dumba has term left and is still in his mid 20's. So getting a guy like that makes sense not only short term, but long term.

I get you don't like Dumba and you're entitled to your opinion. But to sit there and say the Leafs have no interest in him just because YOU don't like him when there's multiple reliable sources that say they are pursuing him, just makes you look like an idiot. Better stop while you're ahead. You know, common sense.

i love this crap, you keep saying stuff like "multiple sources say the leafs LOVE him" or "Multiple sources say the Leafs are the most aggresive team!" when in reality one source said the leafs inquired, which basically means they said "hey, whats up with Dumba?" and one source said "apparently the leafs like him the most, but i dunno, they probably dont want to give up the price /shrug". So no, multiple sources have not, in any way done that. pretending so makes someone look like an idiot, and it isnt me

the reason Barrie was attractive as a trade was because he was incredibly cheap. Dumba is very expensive. Rielly is hurt now, but will be back. So Dumba doesnt fit, its called common sense, you know.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
Banned
i love this crap, you keep saying stuff like "multiple sources say the leafs LOVE him" or "Multiple sources say the Leafs are the most aggresive team!" when in reality one source said the leafs inquired, which basically means they said "hey, whats up with Dumba?" and one source said "apparently the leafs like him the most, but i dunno, they probably dont want to give up the price /shrug". So no, multiple sources have not, in any way done that. pretending so makes someone look like an idiot, and it isnt me

the reason Barrie was attractive as a trade was because he was incredibly cheap. Dumba is very expensive. Rielly is hurt now, but will be back. So Dumba doesnt fit, its called common sense, you know.

Lol. Kids like you aren't worth my time. Imma dip now. You know, common sense.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
Lol. Kids like you aren't worth my time. Imma dip now. You know, common sense.

what? you're not going to repeat about how multiple reliable sources said that the leafs are in love with dumba and are going to give up everything for him again?
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
My thinking on the TOR trade is that they don't have a 1C that I want and we don't have space for more wingers. So I'm searching for futures there.

I like Soucy and Mennell as our future LD. Spurgeon, Hunt, and even Belpdioo as our current RD, so I don't see any need to get defensemen back on a soonish timeframe. I'm excluding Pateryn, because I don't know what their plan is for him.

The FLA trade is more straightforward and I'd add a MN 4th if needed to balance that out.
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:41 p.m.
Banned
what? you're not going to repeat about how multiple reliable sources said that the leafs are in love with dumba and are going to give up everything for him again?

Lol. My 9 year old niece reads better than you. When did I ever say any of that? I said the Leafs were aggressive in trying to get Dumba. Never said they "loved him or will give up everything for him". There's a big difference in those 2 statements there bud.

Now go to bed. It's past your bedtime. Kids like you aren't worth my time. Sleep tight muffin.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:43 p.m.
For the record, Michael Russo (The Athletic reporter for the MN Wild) said today "I've been working this story for last few days. Multiple sources are telling me that Toronto is going aggressively after Dumba."

Many, many times Russo has the story before anyone else. If he says it, you can bank on it.
Ryminister_27 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Lol. My 9 year old niece reads better than you. When did I ever say any of that? I said the Leafs were aggressive in trying to get Dumba. Never said they "loved him or will give up everything for him". There's a big difference in those 2 statements there bud.

Now go to bed. It's past your bedtime. Kids like you aren't worth my time. Sleep tight muffin.

it's called mocking. I am mocking you by making fun of your incredibly poor ability to remember what the sources said and then making stuff up.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:45 p.m.
Quoting: Wildwinswhen
For the record, Michael Russo (The Athletic reporter for the MN Wild) said today "I've been working this story for last few days. Multiple sources are telling me that Toronto is going aggressively after Dumba."

Many, many times Russo has the story before anyone else. If he says it, you can bank on it.

/3 days later
"The deal fell apart at the last minute, sources tell me"
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:45 p.m.

Guys, this flame war is taking over my thread and there's no point to it. Let's move on.
Ryminister_27 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Quoting: BLIvingston33
Toronto trade is bad, SDA is not even close to a projected 1C.

Who are the projected 1C / 2C prospects in the Toronto system?
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:10 p.m.
Banned
Who are the projected 1C / 2C prospects in the Toronto system?

Leafs lack depth at centre. It's probably their biggest need and it's never talked about. They don't really have any good centre prospects. Top prospect is Nic Robertson but he's a winger and not likely to get moved unless they're blown away. Outside of that the system is thin
TanSor and Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:15 p.m.
My thinking on the TOR trade is that they don't have a 1C that I want and we don't have space for more wingers. So I'm searching for futures there.

I like Soucy and Mennell as our future LD. Spurgeon, Hunt, and even Belpdioo as our current RD, so I don't see any need to get defensemen back on a soonish timeframe. I'm excluding Pateryn, because I don't know what their plan is for him.

The FLA trade is more straightforward and I'd add a MN 4th if needed to balance that out.

Mennell is a RD FYI, although I think he can play both sides from what I recall.
Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:19 p.m.
Leafs lack depth at centre. It's probably their biggest need and it's never talked about. They don't really have any good centre prospects. Top prospect is Nic Robertson but he's a winger and not likely to get moved unless they're blown away. Outside of that the system is thin

Centers are very hard to draft and develop without them moving to the wing in the NHL. I mean hell, Nylander was a center in juniors and I know a lot of Leafs fans haven't been impressed with his stints down the middle. I'm pretty sure (and I could be out to lunch here) SDA is a center in juniors, but I think if he does end up panning out he'd be more suited for the wing in the NHL.
Wildwinswhen liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll