Forums/Armchair-GM

My take on Trocheck

Created by: TanSor
Team: 2019-20 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 19, 2020
Published: Feb. 19, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Trocheck has not been the same player he used to be after his injuries. Florida fans have said he looks awful and turns over pucks like nobody's business. That being said, Russo reported that Guerin is in fact interested in Trocheck. If that's the case, I'd target one of Borgstrom or Heponiemi as the add in a Trocheck deal.
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$70,011,924$0$1,100,000$11,488,076
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$916,666$916,666 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,625,000$1,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,187,500$5,187,500
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
UFA - 4
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:48 p.m.
Shibbal18
Theyre probably not adding one of their top prospects to a Trocheck trade
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:53 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Theyre probably not adding one of their top prospects to a Trocheck trade

Then we shouldn't trade our best defenseman for him. Florida fans are saying he's been horrible, we need an insurance piece in case he flops.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 8:58 p.m.
Trocheck for Brodin seems pretty fair as a 1 for 1 imo. I don't think FLA will add a good prospect to it
Kosterjr liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:04 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
Then we shouldn't trade our best defenseman for him. Florida fans are saying he's been horrible, we need an insurance piece in case he flops.

Trocheck hasn’t been horrible, people that say that are ignorant. He rushed back from his injury last year and re-injured it early this year. The last several weeks he’s look like his old self again. He’s signed for longer than Brodin this should be a one for one, if anyone is adding it’s the Wild but nothing crazy maybe a 3rd.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:05 p.m.
@TanSor What do you think is a better deal for the Wild Brodin to Fla for a package including Trokcheck or Brodin to Car for a package including Necas?
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:11 p.m.
I feel during like the recent trade talks Brodin's value is suddenly exaggerated. Yeah, he is severely underrated, but jumping from #4 (yes, this is #1 or top 3 top 4 defense here in MIN) to #1 is a bit extreme. Dumba carries more value and contracts aside, Suter and Spurgeon have always been talked about as better.

I could see a 1 for 1 here, but FLA adding to that extent won't happen. If they do add, it'd be a lower tier prospect: Ex. Noel
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
Shibbal18

I understand what you were saying, but thats got to be a non starter for florida
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:38 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: dwr8001
@TanSor What do you think is a better deal for the Wild Brodin to Fla for a package including Trokcheck or Brodin to Car for a package including Necas?

Necas is untouchable so it ain’t happening.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 9:43 p.m.
Maybe but depends on how bad Carolina wants Brodin.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
G O S I M E K
Not a realistic deal at all and Donato isn’t that good to be fair. Trocheck AND Borgstrom? Better send Dumba, not Brodin.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:17 p.m.
MNBassman
I’m speaking for me here, not @TanSor. Brodin IS the Wild’s best defenseman now. He has passed Suter and Spurgeon up. The way things work around here is Suter and Parise dictate playing time, line combos, D pairings, etc. This is the ONLY reason Brodin is still playing on the 2nd pairing and not getting the most ice time Of any player on the entire team. If he got 1:30-2.00 of every power play like Suter does, he would easily be around 35-40 points this year.
I’m not going to get into a pissing contest about his trade value vs someone else’s, but I want you all to understand that Jonas Brodin is a terrific hockey player and a bonafide top-pairing D based on any fancy stat used to analyze his play. Every facet of his game is excellent now he that is (finally) producing offensively. He’s the real deal

Off my soapbox now...carry on.
TanSor, dwr8001 and OutCold13 liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:21 p.m.
Quoting: Baphomet
Not a realistic deal at all and Donato isn’t that good to be fair. Trocheck AND Borgstrom? Better send Dumba, not Brodin.

I'd rather move Dumba, so I'd gladly take that trade.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:22 p.m.
Quoting: dwr8001

Necas and it's not close for me, but I'd be absolutely star struck if Carolina moves him.
OutCold13 and Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 19, 2020 at 10:40 p.m.
Well we could always ask for Aho and have Necas as the back-up plan lol.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 2:12 a.m.
Necas and it's not close for me, but I'd be absolutely star struck if Carolina moves him.

Sara Civian has written that Necas is not even close to the trading block for the Canes. Doesn't matter what the deal is, won't happen.
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 4:43 a.m.
Trocheck is a hard one for me to pin down his trade value. I don't know if I like the trade or not. I'd rather see a deal based around Dumba and re-sign Brodin.
MNBassman, TanSor and Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 7:40 a.m.
MNBassman
I wish I had a machine that could accurately determine when a player’s play will decline... That would help me determine which of Dumba or Brodin I would move for center or goalie help. My gut tells me Spurgeon’s game will deteriorate sooner than Suter’s even though he is 4 or 5 years younger. I think Spurgeon has been pedestrian (by his HUGE standards) this season and I’m worried about his tremendous lack of size as he gets older. So...I would prefer to keep Dumba. On top of my concerns for Spurgeon, he is a year younger, cost controlled for 3 more years, and I still believe his ceiling is almost endless.

I wish Trochek was younger, but if he was, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation anyway...

Here are the trade scenarios with Florida I would make, if on the table: The one @TanSor has above, Brodin, Donato, and the Pittsburgh 1st for Trochek and Denisenko OR Tippett, or Brodin and Donato for Trochek and Heponiemi.
TanSor and Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 8:35 a.m.
Quoting: MNBassman
I wish I had a machine that could accurately determine when a player’s play will decline... That would help me determine which of Dumba or Brodin I would move for center or goalie help. My gut tells me Spurgeon’s game will deteriorate sooner than Suter’s even though he is 4 or 5 years younger. I think Spurgeon has been pedestrian (by his HUGE standards) this season and I’m worried about his tremendous lack of size as he gets older. So...I would prefer to keep Dumba. On top of my concerns for Spurgeon, he is a year younger, cost controlled for 3 more years, and I still believe his ceiling is almost endless.

I wish Trochek was younger, but if he was, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation anyway...

Here are the trade scenarios with Florida I would make, if on the table: The one @TanSor has above, Brodin, Donato, and the Pittsburgh 1st for Trochek and Denisenko OR Tippett, or Brodin and Donato for Trochek and Heponiemi.

Russo wrote in his gamer that Guerin would want more than just Trocheck if he traded for him using Brodin. I watched the Panthers game last night instead of the Wild to scout him, I'm on mobile right now but I wrote some notes on him if you'd like to read it when I'm home from work later tonight. To sum it up I saw the skill, but he looked very timid on the ice and shied away from contact. Scored a beauty of a goal though.
MNBassman and Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:29 a.m.
MNBassman
Russo wrote in his gamer that Guerin would want more than just Trocheck if he traded for him using Brodin. I watched the Panthers game last night instead of the Wild to scout him, I'm on mobile right now but I wrote some notes on him if you'd like to read it when I'm home from work later tonight. To sum it up I saw the skill, but he looked very timid on the ice and shied away from contact. Scored a beauty of a goal though.

I would definitely like to read that!
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.

You missed a good game last night for MN. Zucc wasn't a zombie (filthy SO move), Dub was an average goalie, and Chucky was the hero.

Trocheck isn't a guy I'd pay a premium for right now. I do agree he's looked timid.

I am still annoyed they lost Seeler to waivers. He'd be fine with normal playing time and on the 3rd pair with Hunt/Pateryn. Put Soucy with Brodin/Dumba (whichever wasn't traded) on the 2nd pair. I really want to see Menell in the NHL though.
TanSor, MNBassman and Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
You missed a good game last night for MN. Zucc wasn't a zombie (filthy SO move), Dub was an average goalie, and Chucky was the hero.

Trocheck isn't a guy I'd pay a premium for right now. I do agree he's looked timid.

I am still annoyed they lost Seeler to waivers. He'd be fine with normal playing time and on the 3rd pair with Hunt/Pateryn. Put Soucy with Brodin/Dumba (whichever wasn't traded) on the 2nd pair. I really want to see Menell in the NHL though.

I saw most of the 3rd period and the shootout, and I caught glimpses here and there throughout the game since the Panthers were playing during the Wild's intermission and vice versa, so I didn't completely miss the game but when the Panthers were playing that was where my focus went (I had the Panthers on my TV and the Wild on my laptop). But yeah after what I saw I'm still not sold on moving Brodin for Trocheck. He has nice puck skills and he was solid in the transition game, but his passing was meh and he was useless when he lost the puck. It just seemed like he wasnt all that interested in even trying to get the puck back, and that's a huge red flag for me. I'm not sure how to describe it but carefully timid is probably the best phrase I can think of.
MNBassman and Wildwinswhen liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.

Sounds like Trocheck won't be a good fit here. Kaprisov will need a fast, skilled, passer at C.
MNBassman and TanSor liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
I saw most of the 3rd period and the shootout, and I caught glimpses here and there throughout the game since the Panthers were playing during the Wild's intermission and vice versa, so I didn't completely miss the game but when the Panthers were playing that was where my focus went (I had the Panthers on my TV and the Wild on my laptop). But yeah after what I saw I'm still not sold on moving Brodin for Trocheck. He has nice puck skills and he was solid in the transition game, but his passing was meh and he was useless when he lost the puck. It just seemed like he wasnt all that interested in even trying to get the puck back, and that's a huge red flag for me. I'm not sure how to describe it but carefully timid is probably the best phrase I can think of.

It could just be he's not comfortable on the ice, or playing it safe, after the injuries. Dumba has been timid this year too. He still makes some hits, but he's not carrying the puck much at all anymore. Suter was timid all of last season.

I think Trocheck is worth the gamble if the stakes aren't too high.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 6:11 p.m.
Edited Feb. 20, 2020 at 6:20 p.m.

Here you go!

Trocheck: He made a phenomenal goal reminiscent of the Spurgeon baseball bat goal a few years back. This goal was created by a great play by him where he carried the puck into the offensive zone, flipped the puck past a Duck’s defender looking to connect on a hit, passed it to his teammate who made a shot that missed and bounced off the glass, and Trocheck buried it by whacking it out of the air. Trocheck displayed some very impressive puck skills and creativity. He successfully puck handled his way out of sticky situations a few times, but I did feel that he seemed to rely a little too much on his hands to get things done. There was a play where he tried to dipsy doodle in the offensive zone against the Ducks when he could have easily passed it to a teammate instead and that caused a turnover that led to a goal. The worst part is he was dogging it on the backcheck and looked to either be too tired or just give up on the play that led to the goal. He didn’t show a lot of fight when he was defending, either. Overall, Trocheck had some nice plays and he’s certainly skilled, but he didn’t play a physical game at all and was a bit soft when defending.
Wildwinswhen and MNBassman liked this.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
It could just be he's not comfortable on the ice, or playing it safe, after the injuries. Dumba has been timid this year too. He still makes some hits, but he's not carrying the puck much at all anymore. Suter was timid all of last season.

I think Trocheck is worth the gamble if the stakes aren't too high.

Maybe you're right, but to me trading Brodin automatically makes the stakes high. If Florida is willing to throw in an insurance piece like Heponiemi or Borgstrom and maybe the Wild add a little, I'd be more open to it. His injury (broken ankle) is really concerning to me since his skating was such a big part of his game prior to injury and I felt his skating was maybe slightly above average last night, but certainly not the special skating ability he used to have. I will say, though, that Suter's skating looks pretty good after his injury and I think some credit should go to Andy Ness. Fiala also looks very special on his skates and maybe that is in part due to Ness as well, so I think it's certainly possible that Ness could return Trocheck's skating back to form.
Wildwinswhen and MNBassman liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll