SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

2020 Find it_or Fold what's this group do?

Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:04 a.m.
My belief is that there is no magic trade that cures what ailes this team, they absolutely need an upgrade on the back end but unless this team starts to earn their stripes it would be all for nothing. So who's the guy in the room thats had enough that stands up and calls out the shinny play, that sets the example, that brings the work ethic that is followed by the star players?
Feb. 20, 2020 at 9:45 a.m.
torontos finest
maybe it'll be one of the garbage posters on here
Feb. 20, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Boomer125
My belief is that there is no magic trade that cures what ailes this team, they absolutely need an upgrade on the back end but unless this team starts to earn their stripes it would be all for nothing. So who's the guy in the room thats had enough that stands up and calls out the shinny play, that sets the example, that brings the work ethic that is followed by the star players?

I think Morgan Rielly is that player in the room with the leadership and work ethic that Leafs are really missing. There were alot of people saying he should be the Leafs next captain and I think we are all learning out why now with his absence from the team. He was playing hurt most of this season prior to breaking his foot which tells you all you need to know about Rielly. Leafs need to tighten up defensively and suck it up until Rielly returns.
Feb. 20, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
I think Morgan Rielly is that player in the room with the leadership and work ethic that Leafs are really missing. There were alot of people saying he should be the Leafs next captain and I think we are all learning out why now with his absence from the team. He was playing hurt most of this season prior to breaking his foot which tells you all you need to know about Rielly. Leafs need to tighten up defensively and suck it up until Rielly returns.

Eh...Leafs had their struggles defensively before Rielly got injured, sure doesn't help that he's not there now but people lamenting Rielly not being there doesn't change that he was just okay himself defensively speaking.

The overall philosophy of how the forwards and D approach the game needs to change.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 8:59 p.m.
This team should fold. They got outshot 8-22 by Carolina when they have an emergency goalie in net. This team doesn't have the heart and effort to win the cup.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll