Forums/Armchair-GM

If you want anymore ducks players this is what its gonna take

Created by: BuckoJoyde
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 21, 2020
Published: Feb. 21, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not saying this reasonable but what BM is gonna want. Ps Henrique and Silfverberg aren't gonna be traded. Unless a team is stupid. Not saying they are bad. In fact I rather keep them. But, they will not help with a playoff push and the term is kinda not looking good. No line up for this gm!!! We realistically won't have 4 1st round draft picks so don't @ me with that ISH. These are just the tough terms for these desperate teams. what y'all thinking?
Trades
ANA
  1. Bouchard, Evan
  2. 2020 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Conditional depending on playoffs. Like if they don't make it will become 2021 1st.
ANA
  1. Byfuglien, Dustin
  2. 2020 1st round pick (WPG)
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (WPG)
  4. 2022 2nd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Byfuglien 35% retention. WPG lacks prospects we need and any good prospects at that.
ANA
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (NYI)
  2. 2021 4th round pick (NYI)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$71,119,785$0$2,182,500$10,380,215
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,541,000$1,541,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,133,333$1,133,333
C, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 8
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,125,000$1,125,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$894,167$894,167
RD
RFA - 4
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:00 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Manson deal will not happen as more likely he is headed to Toronto as perfect 1rst pairing partner with Morgan Rielly and Leafs have the assets to make it happen.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
Being wrong is ok
what would that trade be? I was actually a little unsure especially since their firsts in 20 and 21 are kinda locked up based on conditions.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:07 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: TMLSage
Manson deal will not happen as more likely he is headed to Toronto as perfect 1rst pairing partner with Morgan Rielly and Leafs have the assets to make it happen.

Quoting: Slezzy21
what would that trade be? I was actually a little unsure especially since their firsts in 20 and 21 are kinda locked up based on conditions.

Yeah, and every time a Toronto guy posts a Manson for Ceci, Bracco and a 2021 second trade and we say No, it's gonna cost Liljegren plus, you guys squeal and have to change into dry pants. Exactly what assets that you are willing to part with are you talking about?
Lenny7, TMLSage and Dan10900 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
Being wrong is ok
@OldNYIfan do you want Liljegren? Im not that big on him and honestly I fought myself from putting two first from wpg especially with bufs contract. That being Manson is probably not going anywhere which is ayeokay with me.
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Yeah, and every time a Toronto guy posts a Manson for Ceci, Bracco and a 2021 second trade and we say No, it's gonna cost Liljegren plus, you guys squeal and have to change into dry pants. Exactly what assets that you are willing to part with are you talking about?

JOHNSSON BRACCO AND SOMETHING ELSE THAT DOESNT FIT THE DUCKS NEEDS! BuT eVeRyOnE uNdErVaLuEs LeAvEs PlAyErZzZzZ
BuckoJoyde, Dan10900 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: OldNYIfan

I am thinking as a starting point for a possible trade in say Johnsson, Dermott, prospect and later round draft pick on the assumption that Manson also redoes a long-term contract with the Leafs. Manson is absolutely the perfect right hand defenceman that the Leafs need. The Ducks need to bottom out and start accumulating younger players and draft picks. Ducks owe it to Manson to move him to a good team and not waste his talent during a rebuild.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:12 a.m.
Lenny7
@OldNYIfan do you want Liljegren? Im not that big on him and honestly I fought myself from putting two first from wpg especially with bufs contract. That being Manson is probably not going anywhere which is ayeokay with me.

Yeah, it’s gonna take an overpay to get any Ducks fan here to agree to love Manson. I’m quite happy to keep him honestly. Lots of cap room in the offseason to fill the holes, and Manson is a beauty.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:13 a.m.
Being wrong is ok
@TMLSage only problem bud is were giving you a player with term not a rental. Oh yay tell Johnson and Dermott to kick rocks just my opinion. not bad players
Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:15 a.m.
GM - Canucks
@TMLSage only problem bud is were giving you a player with term not a rental. Oh yay tell Johnson and Dermott to kick rocks just my opinion. not bad players

That is true but I am giving you two really solid and younger players to rebuild your team around going forward.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:19 a.m.
Lenny7
I am thinking as a starting point for a possible trade in say Johnsson, Dermott, prospect and later round draft pick on the assumption that Manson also redoes a long-term contract with the Leafs. Manson is absolutely the perfect right hand defenceman that the Leafs need. The Ducks need to bottom out and start accumulating younger players and draft picks. Ducks owe it to Manson to move him to a good team and not waste his talent during a rebuild.

Yup, you’re right, Ducks are so old, most of them sat behind Jesus in second grade.

Steel, Terry, Guhle, Larsson, Mahura, Rakell, Jones, Olivier-Groulx, Gibby, Morand, Tracey, Lundestrom, Andersson and Comtois are all past their prime, and Zegras is a bust. Better give Manson to the Leafs for players that don’t fill their needs! Might as well throw in that high 1st round pick this year, because Murray has NEVER been able to draft well.
BuckoJoyde, TMLSage, Dan10900 and 1 other person liked this.
Being wrong is ok
@TMLSage your doing opposite tho. We don't need another LHD and Johnsson is in his mid 20's we just traded a better player in his mid 20's. We need 18 yo's and 1st/2nd picks.
TMLSage, Dan10900 and OldNYIfan liked this.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Lenny7
Yeah, it’s gonna take an overpay to get any Ducks fan here to agree to love Manson. I’m quite happy to keep him honestly. Lots of cap room in the offseason to fill the holes, and Manson is a beauty.

Manson and Getzlaf are being wasted in Anaheim. These are two really elite hockey players that need to be playing for a team that is actually going to compete in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Ducks need to get on with the rebuild and ship these 2 winners out for younger players and draft picks and get on with the rebuild which is going to take another 4 years.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:20 a.m.
Lenny7
That is true but I am giving you two really solid and younger players to rebuild your team around going forward.

I’ll give you Ritchie and Larsson for Morgan Rielly. Two young players to save you from CapDoom.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:21 a.m.
GM - Canucks
@TMLSage your doing opposite tho. We don't need another LHD and Johnsson is in his mid 20's we just traded a better player in his mid 20's. We need 18 yo's and 1st/2nd picks.

I think Dermott can play on the right side and he might help you guys get McDavid down the road as he played with Connor on Erie Otters junior team.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:24 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Yup, you’re right, Ducks are so old, most of them sat behind Jesus in second grade.

Steel, Terry, Guhle, Larsson, Mahura, Rakell, Jones, Olivier-Groulx, Gibby, Morand, Tracey, Lundestrom, Andersson and Comtois are all past their prime, and Zegras is a bust. Better give Manson to the Leafs for players that don’t fill their needs! Might as well throw in that high 1st round pick this year, because Murray has NEVER been able to draft well.

I never said the Ducks were too old and only said Ducks should trade Getzlaff and Manson and load up with more younger players and draft picks to finish the rebuild. You might also be very interested in Adam Brooks as he and Sam Steel were dynamite together on the Regina Pats four years ago.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:25 a.m.
Being wrong is ok
@TMLSage I completely agree with the timeline and id say your being very nice about it. more like 6 years. Anyways, we'll see what Getz wants to do next year at the deadline and as a UFA. I get the impression he wants to stay. Manson on the other hand we got 3 years baby and we can wait a year for the right deal for whatever is value is atm. This year is probably not gonna happen.
Dan10900, TMLSage and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:25 a.m.
Lenny7
I think Dermott can play on the right side and he might help you guys get McDavid down the road as he played with Connor on Erie Otters junior team.

That’s the Leafiest Leafs dream that I’ve ever heard. “Undersell on Manson, because Dermott might be able to convince McDavid to become a Duck”

Cmonnnnn.
Manson and Getzlaf are being wasted in Anaheim. These are two really elite hockey players that need to be playing for a team that is actually going to compete in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Ducks need to get on with the rebuild and ship these 2 winners out for younger players and draft picks and get on with the rebuild which is going to take another 4 years.

Getzy is a career duck. Ducks need a solid RD, and a solid scoring option up front. They’ve got a ton of cap room in the offseason.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:26 a.m.
GM - Canucks
I’ll give you Ritchie and Larsson for Morgan Rielly. Two young players to save you from CapDoom.

Rielly is in top 5 defenceman in entire NHL and is only 25 years old and was a captain candidate on the Leafs before Tavares was selected so your deal does not seem fair even though I really like Nick Ritchie.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:30 a.m.
Lenny7
I never said the Ducks were too old and only said Ducks should trade Getzlaff and Manson and load up with more younger players and draft picks to finish the rebuild. You might also be very interested in Adam Brooks as he and Sam Steel were dynamite together on the Regina Pats four years ago.

The WHL isn’t the NHL. Every single connection doesn’t mean that it works in the NHL.

As for the “old” comment, my apologies, I took “they need to sell off everything” as a “their time has passed because they’re old”. You just think they suck, and that’s fine. They’ve got one of the top 2 goalies in the NHL. They’ve got a d core that has Lindholm, Fowler and Manson. They’ve got a solid prospect pool. Add a top 4 RD, and a solid scoring threat up front, and all of the sudden this team surprises everyone.
TMLSage and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:33 a.m.
Lenny7
Rielly is in top 5 defenceman in entire NHL and is only 25 years old and was a captain candidate on the Leafs before Tavares was selected so your deal does not seem fair even though I really like Nick Ritchie.

tears of joy I wasn’t being serious, I was trying to point out how foolish trading a very good player for “two really solid and good young guys (THAT DONT FILL THE TEAMS NEEDS) to build your team around”. Nobody is building a team around friggin Johnsson and Dermott, and if they are, they’re going to have a longer cup drought than the Leafs.

I mean, the good news for the Ducks is at least they’re not a playoff bubble team.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:41 a.m.
GM - Canucks
The WHL isn’t the NHL. Every single connection doesn’t mean that it works in the NHL.

As for the “old” comment, my apologies, I took “they need to sell off everything” as a “their time has passed because they’re old”. You just think they suck, and that’s fine. They’ve got one of the top 2 goalies in the NHL. They’ve got a d core that has Lindholm, Fowler and Manson. They’ve got a solid prospect pool. Add a top 4 RD, and a solid scoring threat up front, and all of the sudden this team surprises everyone.

Sounds like Ducks are in much better shape than the Sharks and Kings to return to a highly competitive team faster. There is a trade off to consider whether to hold on to proven veteran players to help mentor the team's younger players vs trade them off for younger players and draft picks in rebuilding a hockey team. Not saying what is best for the Ducks but sometimes the fastest way to rebuild is to tear down a team and then complete rebuild.
Dan10900 liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:46 a.m.
Lenny7
Sounds like Ducks are in much better shape than the Sharks and Kings to return to a highly competitive team faster. There is a trade off to consider whether to hold on to proven veteran players to help mentor the team's younger players vs trade them off for younger players and draft picks in rebuilding a hockey team. Not saying what is best for the Ducks but sometimes the fastest way to rebuild is to tear down a team and then complete rebuild.

Yeah, I think the big thing here is this-Kesler is really the only bad contract, and it’s on LTIR. He’s done.

After that, they aren’t in cap trouble (unlike SJ and LA).

I’d be fine to trade off someone like Silfverberg, but I don’t see how moving a guy like Manson without being overpaid for him helps anything. And if you’re trading off vets like Manson, Getzy, etc, you’ve pulled a Montreal-type move and wasted the prime years of your franchise goalie.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:55 a.m.

Getz isn't going anywhere most likely, by his choice, fill NTC and has publicly stated he doesn't want to chase a cup to end his career
Lenny7, TMLSage and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 12:59 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Yeah, I think the big thing here is this-Kesler is really the only bad contract, and it’s on LTIR. He’s done.

After that, they aren’t in cap trouble (unlike SJ and LA).

I’d be fine to trade off someone like Silfverberg, but I don’t see how moving a guy like Manson without being overpaid for him helps anything. And if you’re trading off vets like Manson, Getzy, etc, you’ve pulled a Montreal-type move and wasted the prime years of your franchise goalie.

All good points. I can tell you that I am a Leaf fan and I am hearing that Leafs are still kicking tires on Manson and Severson and would not be surprised if Leafs step up and actually over pay for Manson, which as you have said at that point, the Ducks would have to seriously consider pulling the trigger and trading him to the Leafs.

I like the way the Canucks have rebuilt their team through the draft after bottoming out for around 5 years but have drafted Vertanen, Boeser, Petterson, Hughes etc....and are now becomming a really good team. Sometimes the fastest way back to a really competitive team is to tear down your team for a few years and rebuild instead of trying to always be competitive.
Feb. 22, 2020 at 1:03 a.m.

I've been saying this for months, and this Kase trade shows that A. GMBM is f*cking clueless at player evaluations, and B. He has no plan for the team, you don't trade Kase unless you're just selling everything in which case you sell your Rico's and your Silf's and your Getz's etc, but we're not doing that, and even if we were to do that, it's not nessicary, this team isn't that far away, and that loaded down with terrible contracts, nor are they stuck in the mediocrity of a Minnesota, we're bad enough on our own that we'll be able to fill one of our two main voids at the draft this summer (along with Zegras and Kase/Raks I wouldn't have been that worried about our long term forward group... Now this just places a lot more pressure on Raks to maintain his top line calibre play) then we'd be one or two pieces away from being a dark horse team, but GMBM is clueless

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll