Forums/Armchair-GM

Deadline Rebuild

Created by: Salzy
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 23, 2020
Published: Feb. 23, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Trying to best weaponize our cap space, which is the Ducks most valuable deadline asset. With the top end offense at the top of the draft trying to build our RD should take priority at the deadline so we can take the best available forward on draft day

Next Season Depth Chart (Without 2020 draft picks or FA)
Jones - Getzlaf - Rakell
Comtois - Steel - Silf
Ritchie - Henrique - Terry
Deslauriers - Backes - Comeau

Lindholm - J.Honka
Fowler - Gudbranson
Mahura - Hakanpaa

Gibson
Stolarz
Trades
ANA
  1. Honka, Anttoni [Reserve List]
  2. Kuokkanen, Janne
  3. 2020 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Not sure of his availability but I think Honka would be a more realistic target than Suzuki
CAR
  1. Del Zotto, Michael
  2. Manson, Josh
  3. Miller, Ryan ($562,500 retained)
Additional Details:
Lets assume Miller waives for the sake of argument
ANA
    Add a cap dump from CAR, Just wasnt sure who
    CAR
    ANA
    1. Ceci, Cody
    2. 2020 4th round pick (VGK)
    3. 2021 5th round pick (TOR)
    TOR
    1. Rowney, Carter ($566,666 retained)
    ANA
      Assuming Ceci will come off LTIR this season, not sure how serious his injury is
      TOR
      Buyouts
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the BOS
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the VGK
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      21$81,500,000$62,609,590$0$982,500$18,890,410
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
      $863,333$863,333
      LW, RW
      RFA - 2
      $8,250,000$8,250,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      $2,463,139$2,463,139
      RW, LW
      UFA - 3
      $1,498,925$1,498,925
      LW
      UFA - 2
      $1,456,250$1,456,250
      LW, C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,541,000$1,541,000
      LW, C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333
      C, LW
      RFA - 2
      $5,250,000$5,250,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $950,000$950,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      C, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      Logo of the Dallas Stars
      $2,400,000$2,400,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $2,602,778$2,602,778
      LD
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $6,400,000$6,400,000
      G
      UFA - 8
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 7
      $850,000$850,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $894,166$894,166
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $700,000$700,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      RD
      UFA - 2
      $3,150,000$3,150,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $6,875,000$6,875,000
      C, RW
      NMC
      UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Feb. 23, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
      Being wrong is ok
      As a ducks fan and lets say for sake of argument worked with you being the GM I would advise against every trade strongly. Like I'm glad this is fake.
      Feb. 23, 2020 at 7:24 p.m.
      Quoting: Slezzy21
      As a ducks fan and lets say for sake of argument worked with you being the GM I would advise against every trade strongly. Like I'm glad this is fake.

Guess we disagree, CAR deal adds a highly regarded RD prospect a good B prospect and a first

DAL deal adds a decent option at RD for a guy that fetches a 4th best case scenario

TOR deal is questionable sure but Rowney would probably get a 5 or 6th on his own

A first round pick in this draft and adding some good young RD options along with a decent forward prospect really at just the cost Manson and some low tier rentals, I would be ecstatic with this deadline
      AGKH123 liked this.
      Feb. 23, 2020 at 7:43 p.m.
      Being wrong is ok
      @salzy first of Gotta apologize I just have seen to many stupid Manson trades. But I see your point of view and respect it. I personally need a 2nd round for grant because I rather keep him and Honka is probably not gonna pan out. For the other trade I just see it being an underpayment for Manson. I know that sounds a little silly but his presence is so valuable in the playoffs. Plus he's got the term and a great cap hit. Not to mention, the pick is conditional and I don't like the prospects we can get back. To add onto that I don't think its good to take on another cap dump. Then I just completely disagree with the retention on Rowney and getting Cody Ceci despite the picks we receive with him.
      Feb. 23, 2020 at 7:52 p.m.
      Quoting: Slezzy21
      @salzy first of Gotta apologize I just have seen to many stupid Manson trades. But I see your point of view and respect it. I personally need a 2nd round for grant because I rather keep him and Honka is probably not gonna pan out. For the other trade I just see it being an underpayment for Manson. I know that sounds a little silly but his presence is so valuable in the playoffs. Plus he's got the term and a great cap hit. Not to mention, the pick is conditional and I don't like the prospects we can get back. To add onto that I don't think its good to take on another cap dump. Then I just completely disagree with the retention on Rowney and getting Cody Ceci despite the pick we receive with him.

I broke down the CAR trade like this in my mind
      Manson = Honka + 1st
      Miller DZ = JK (I see miller being valued at a 4th/5th without retention and DZ being a 6th/7th)

There is no team that will give a second for Grant, and holding on to him for nothing is poor asset management, we can trade him and sign him in the offseason if we want to keep him that bad

Worrying about someones playoff presence with the team in the situation we are in is also mismanagement, I love Manson and would hate to see him go but getting a really good RD prospect and a mid 1st would be a great return for him, he isn't the same player he was a few seasons ago

His contract adds to his value and BM should take advantage of that and not hold on for the sake of it especially if CAR gets desperate

Taking on minor cap dumps would be fine (Under 3M cap hits for a year) we aren't competing next season so we might as well use a valuable asset in our cap space

a 4th and a 5th for Rowney would be a good return for him, and taking Ceci to play RD for 20 games doesn't affect us at all

This team is 2 seasons away from competing best case, that leaves one year of Manson who may regress further by that time, His value won't be higher than it is now and that should be capitalized on
      AGKH123 liked this.
      Feb. 23, 2020 at 8:27 p.m.
      I like the fact you've taken a completely different approach to address our issues. Despite being a big believer in keeping Manson, I actually quite like the trade you've put together, especially considering that TOR a risk for not actually making the playoffs. I think the value is absolutely there. I just wouldn't personally do that deal because I don't like that RS without Manson. I am not on the Julius Honka hype train at all and certainly would never even consider playing him top pairing. Would rather just get a 2nd or 3rd for Grant. I don't understand why some fans want him signed. He's a neat player, but nothing special and totally movable. If we keep him, he only gains further leverage to demand a stupid contract after the good year he's had. No thanks. Don't understand moving Rowney. He's been good us and all we're returning is a few late round picks. Not worth it to me considering we'd probably spend more trading for a replacement or overpay on someone at UFA.
      Salzy and AGKH123 liked this.
      Feb. 23, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
      Quoting: mytduxfan
      I like the fact you've taken a completely different approach to address our issues. Despite being a big believer in keeping Manson, I actually quite like the trade you've put together, especially considering that TOR a risk for not actually making the playoffs. I think the value is absolutely there. I just wouldn't personally do that deal because I don't like that RS without Manson. I am not on the Julius Honka hype train at all and certainly would never even consider playing him top pairing. Would rather just get a 2nd or 3rd for Grant. I don't understand why some fans want him signed. He's a neat player, but nothing special and totally movable. If we keep him, he only gains further leverage to demand a stupid contract after the good year he's had. No thanks. Don't understand moving Rowney. He's been good us and all we're returning is a few late round picks. Not worth it to me considering we'd probably spend more trading for a replacement or overpay on someone at UFA.

Im on the same boat with Manson, Hate to see him go but if we can get a package like this for him I'd pull the trigger, and depending on the Pesce injury this may be a possibility

J. Honka may not be the ideal option but if we can get a player like that for Grant, who is a 4th liner and nothing more I'd take a flier on Honka, to be fair though I've always been a big fan of his

I don't see us getting more than a 4th for Grant tbh, I would love to get more but I was trying to be more realisitic with my returns and not absolute best case scenario, He should 100% get moved for the best offer tomorrow regardless what it is

Yeah the more I look at the Rowney deal the more I even question it, I think I was just having fun making trades, I figured his role could be filled by the combo of Backes/Comeau though
      mytduxfan and AGKH123 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll