SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(BUF/PIT) - Rodrigues, Sheary for Kahun

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 24, 2020 at 2:56 p.m.
May contain nuts
Two meh players for a legit middle-sixer. Botterill, you genius.
AudioCats and jasondomitrovic liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
LETS GO PREDS
Good trade for the Sabres
jasondomitrovic liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 3:23 p.m.
You know nothing JS
I like Rodrigues grit. I think Pens win this (short term). Sue me.
mhockey91 and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
GM67
The dumbest trade JR has made so far BEYOND Question. Absolute horrible!!! What can possibly be the reason you trade away Dominik Kahun after how good and how young and how cheap he is. It’s NOT even close between who’s a better player. Kahun is ten times the player of Sheary.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
GM67
Can someone PLEASE tell me that the added the wrong Domink to this trade. If this was for Dominik Simon I’d be able to deal with it but this is absolutely horrendous. We just traded away a player that means something to our present and future. This makes ZERO sense!!!
Feb. 24, 2020 at 4:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
Can someone PLEASE tell me that the added the wrong Domink to this trade. If this was for Dominik Simon I’d be able to deal with it but this is absolutely horrendous. We just traded away a player that means something to our present and future. This makes ZERO sense!!!

Sheary was very good in Pittsburgh. Rodrigues is a potential top-9 guy (he's not there yet, though, IMO). Pittsburgh is going for it and hoping Sheary works out there. I agree it's not enough for Kahun but I understand why they did it.
mhockey91 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
The dumbest trade JR has made so far BEYOND Question. Absolute horrible!!! What can possibly be the reason you trade away Dominik Kahun after how good and how young and how cheap he is. It’s NOT even close between who’s a better player. Kahun is ten times the player of Sheary.

Because Kahun isn't staying cheap after this season. He's commanding 3.5-4 mill probably. Whereas Rodrigues can stay for less and Sheary is a rental for the rest of this season, probably.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 5:45 p.m.
I like the Sabres on this one. E-Rod is borderline AHL player, often a healthy scratch. Sheary just never fit in Buffalo. He'd be good again with Crosby but then again who wouldn't.

Kahun, while I don't know him is young, seems about as productive as Sheary with more upside and is an RFA.

Both Sheary and E-Rod are UFAs and I doubt would be back to Buffalo anyway. I see advantages for both teams but edge to Sabres long term. Good job BOTS.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 6:22 p.m.

What is it about kahun that has you so upset? Is it that he has one more goal than sheary? Kahun is 24 and has less than two years experience in the NHL. He was good as a bottom 6 player but had very little potential to amount to anything else. This trade, along with the marleau acquisition, allows the pens to have 4 lines of actual NHL caliber players. They gave up very little to accomplish this. Sheary is proven to be a 20 goal scorer while playing with Crosby and Malkin. Gaining him and another depth forward seems to be very logical and helpful.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
GM67
Quoting: DonkeyLips
What is it about kahun that has you so upset? Is it that he has one more goal than sheary? Kahun is 24 and has less than two years experience in the NHL. He was good as a bottom 6 player but had very little potential to amount to anything else. This trade, along with the marleau acquisition, allows the pens to have 4 lines of actual NHL caliber players. They gave up very little to accomplish this. Sheary is proven to be a 20 goal scorer while playing with Crosby and Malkin. Gaining him and another depth forward seems to be very logical and helpful.

Because Kahun is just a better player than Sheary. He plays so much better with Malkin and he causes things to happen in all ends of the rink and has better hands and actually back checks unlike Sheary who looks like a spoiled lazy kid after he misses and opportunity. Sheary is also drastically overpaid.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 9:54 p.m.
Because Kahun is just a better player than Sheary. He plays so much better with Malkin and he causes things to happen in all ends of the rink and has better hands and actually back checks unlike Sheary who looks like a spoiled lazy kid after he misses and opportunity. Sheary is also drastically overpaid.

Sounds like somebody is in love.
jasondomitrovic liked this.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 5:39 p.m.
fair deal since Kahun only played half a season in Buffalo, while sheary only played half a season in Pittsburgh and Rodrigues will be there indefinitely
Oct. 26, 2020 at 4:21 p.m.
Brad Boyes please Wq
Everyone: Buffalo Wins

Kevyn Adams: U sure?
Kotkaniemi15 and Tntpod liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 11:58 p.m.
I make Articals.
Pittsburgh wins.
Kahun left.
Sheary left.
Rodrigues stays.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 9:16 p.m.