Forums/Armchair-GM

of course blake didnt trade lewis

Created by: Kopitarr11
Team: 2019-20 Los Angeles Kings
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 24, 2020
Published: Feb. 24, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Why couldn't blake trade lewis trade lewis? now prokhorkin will get no playing time
Trades
LAK
  1. 2020 4th round pick (SJS)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Recapture Fees
Termination Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the STL
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$63,056,781$0$2,332,500$18,443,219
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$2,425,000$2,425,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW, C
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$759,167$759,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 8
$2,900,000$2,900,000
G
UFA - 4
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$745,000$745,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$858,333$858,333
G
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 24, 2020 at 4:02 p.m.
Banned
Or Ryan, or Hutton who are taking playing time away from Bjornfot and Clague who should be getting some NHL games in around this time of year.
Kopitarr11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 4:10 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
Or Ryan, or Hutton who are taking playing time away from Bjornfot and Clague who should be getting some NHL games in around this time of year.

Bjornfot will play at most 6 more games with LA this season. They won't waste a year of his ELC to play more than that, because it can slide a year if he stays under 10 games played in the NHL. With Forbort gone, look for Mikey Anderson to get some time with the big club sooner rather than later.
ZiggyPalffy and Kopitarr11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 4:11 p.m.
I would rather have Bjornfot and Clague get some meaningful games during a playoff run than the throw away games that are left this year.
Kopitarr11 liked this.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.
Ban Price trades
I don't have a horse in the Kings' race. As an Oiler fan, I genuinely hate seeing them succeed and have enjoyed the past few seasons where the Kings have toiled.

However: I'm enamored with prospects and how they develop. The Kings have a really good thing going in Ontario, and it's arguably better for guys like Clague to be eating more minutes in a winning environment. This is Bjornfot's first year in North America - he's adjusted phenomenally well - but taking time in the AHL to really work out the minutia of his game only does the Kings more good in the long run. Vilardi seems to be getting exceptional treatment by the organization, but that definitely stems from him being physically ready for the NHL the second his name was called at the draft. He's put in time in order to get his back situated and delaying his rise to the NHL any further isn't going to better prepare him to be a top-six center.

The Prokhorkin usage is interesting, but as someone who has experienced how McLellan operates a roster, he'll probably see some higher usage in due time. The roster blender will come out eventually.

By not trading Lewis, Ryan, or Hutton, you've essentially traded the potential for a few late picks in order to better develop key prospects. The Kings did nothing wrong here.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 7:40 p.m.

I get what your saying but those guys will all still come up and rotate thru the line up. I am kinda surprised that no one came calling for Hutton. But maybe that means Blake wants to keep him. Ryan and Lewis didn’t really shock me they stayed. People have to want them too for them to get traded. I could see all three of those guys back next year. Hutton in the line up. Ryan and Lewis as the spare guys that sit. I would much rather those guys sit then to call up a young guy to sit. All that depends on whose moving up from juniors and from oversees though and whose coming up from Ontario next year. Waivers, # of contracts all that plays into too. Should be an interesting summer
Feb. 24, 2020 at 8:42 p.m.
La fan
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I don't have a horse in the Kings' race. As an Oiler fan, I genuinely hate seeing them succeed and have enjoyed the past few seasons where the Kings have toiled.

However: I'm enamored with prospects and how they develop. The Kings have a really good thing going in Ontario, and it's arguably better for guys like Clague to be eating more minutes in a winning environment. This is Bjornfot's first year in North America - he's adjusted phenomenally well - but taking time in the AHL to really work out the minutia of his game only does the Kings more good in the long run. Vilardi seems to be getting exceptional treatment by the organization, but that definitely stems from him being physically ready for the NHL the second his name was called at the draft. He's put in time in order to get his back situated and delaying his rise to the NHL any further isn't going to better prepare him to be a top-six center.

The Prokhorkin usage is interesting, but as someone who has experienced how McLellan operates a roster, he'll probably see some higher usage in due time. The roster blender will come out eventually.

By not trading Lewis, Ryan, or Hutton, you've essentially traded the potential for a few late picks in order to better develop key prospects. The Kings did nothing wrong here.
we actually did lewis is a liability on the ice and is a waste of a roster spot by this our younger guys will not get that much playing time because McLellan doesn't know how to use new players
Feb. 24, 2020 at 9:04 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Kopitarr11
we actually did lewis is a liability on the ice and is a waste of a roster spot by this our younger guys will not get that much playing time because McLellan doesn't know how to use new players

If Lewis is a liability on the ice, then play him more. Y'all ain't catching a playoff spot at this rate. Secure the tank.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 9:51 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Kings989
I get what your saying but those guys will all still come up and rotate thru the line up. I am kinda surprised that no one came calling for Hutton. But maybe that means Blake wants to keep him. Ryan and Lewis didn’t really shock me they stayed. People have to want them too for them to get traded. I could see all three of those guys back next year. Hutton in the line up. Ryan and Lewis as the spare guys that sit. I would much rather those guys sit then to call up a young guy to sit. All that depends on whose moving up from juniors and from oversees though and whose coming up from Ontario next year. Waivers, # of contracts all that plays into too. Should be an interesting summer

No we do not want or need Hutton, Ryan, and Lewis in our line up next year. They are dead weight at this point. Those spots need to go to Bjornfot, Clague, JAD, Turcotte, etc. Assuming they've earned it.
Feb. 24, 2020 at 10:08 p.m.
No we do not want or need Hutton, Ryan, and Lewis in our line up next year. They are dead weight at this point. Those spots need to go to Bjornfot, Clague, JAD, Turcotte, etc. Assuming they've earned it.

So you would rather have bjornfot, or clague or jad or any other young guys sitting every game then lewis or Ryan or Hutton? Now I haven’t looked into the waiver situation for next year but all I’m saying is if those guys can go down and play every game I’d rather see that then have them be extras. But obviously if they have to go thru waivers it’s not worth potentially losing them. That’s why I said depending on waivers etc. put if someone is gonna sit I’d rather see Lewis and friends sit then the young guys. I’m not saying I like or want them. But sometimes what’s best calls for some patience
Feb. 24, 2020 at 11:32 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Kings989
So you would rather have bjornfot, or clague or jad or any other young guys sitting every game then lewis or Ryan or Hutton? Now I haven’t looked into the waiver situation for next year but all I’m saying is if those guys can go down and play every game I’d rather see that then have them be extras. But obviously if they have to go thru waivers it’s not worth potentially losing them. That’s why I said depending on waivers etc. put if someone is gonna sit I’d rather see Lewis and friends sit then the young guys. I’m not saying I like or want them. But sometimes what’s best calls for some patience

All of the young guys I mentioned would not need to clear waivers. If we are talking about next season then most of those kids will be NHL ready. No need to resign Lewis, Hutton, and Ryan. As far as this season goes, now that Blake did not trade Hutton, Ryan, and Lewis it doesn't make as much sense to bring those kids up. Might as well let them play out their season in the AHL. If they aren't NHL ready next season, Blake can always sign a couple of UFAs, but I think that would be a waste of roster spots.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll