Forums/NHL Trades

(SJS/TBL) - Goodrow and 2020 3rd for Greco and 2020 1st

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 26, 2020 at 10:58 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: Lord_Simek
From a Sharks fan. Goody emerged this year as one of the elite penalty killers. Sharks have had the best PK in the league all year and a lot of that is due to Goody. He is versatile enough to play on top six (in emergency) and he sticks up for his teammates. He’s a great forechecker and is pretty good at face offs. I’m pretty shocked he got us a 1st but Tampa isn’t getting nothing in return. He’s signed thru next season at 925k. Sharks fans are pretty sad to see him go, he scored one of the most iconic sharks goals against Vegas in game 7 last playoffs. He was undrafted and had to work really hard to get where he is.

You paid a high price for him but he will seriously help your depth in the playoffs and kill penalties with aplomb. Not a great trade for TB but the fans there will appreciate him thoroughly.

Thanks dude for the input, seeing him in the first game was refreshing, looks like indeed he is like a Coleman type energizer guy. He hit someone D-men first game, who almost got a concussion.
The hit was so big, but not against the rules... Will come in handy in the playoffs, so we don't get humiliated by the likes of Tom Wilson/Hayes/Reeves types of guys...
His PK skills looks sweet also, i knew about SJ killing it this year on the PK. But i knew they wouldn't keep up the 95% PK the whole year hahaa.... that was insane stat for lots of games earlier in the season...

Wish we could've acquired Dillon as well. I liked his playstyle in Washington Capitals from the game i watched... He was so cheap, almost like under market value... Look solid.

As for Game 7's - Looks like our GM went for Justin " Mr. Game 7" Williams type of players. We also got Maroon, who scored big goal in some sarcasm "unknown" sarcasm game 7 hahaaaa tears of joy

I think i figured it out, seeing the press conference with BriseBois after trade deadline. I think he is preparing the team for next year by selling Yanni Gourde/Alex Killorn. And probably we keep Tyler Johnson.
That's my current guess:
Alex(wing)/Yanni(c) out --> Coleman(wing)/Goodrow(c) in

Looks like our scouts really watched Goodrow/Coleman for 40 games each this season... so they had both of these players are Nr. 1 priority at all costs...
Well the price was:1st round x 2 + 2nd.
As i already told in the last topic. Nolan Foote is a 2nd round pick and he is not NHL ready for years... If we don't pick him, he goes to like 35-40th place...
He needs to work a lot in lots of areas, before he becomes a middle six - or top9 forward in the NHL

Also if you look at the other 1st round pick, it's most likely the same as an early 2nd round. There is not much difference between pick Nr. 26 vs pick Nr. 35.
It's not like it's top3 vs top 10, where top 3 99% is elite player vs top 10 = can be often bust/non elite like a medium skilled top6 guy or a top4D.
So almost 1st + 2nd+2nd the price, and we got back a 3rd in the Goodrow trade anyways...

So 1st round(middle-Vancouver pick like 20th) + 2nd round(early) +2nd round(early) for Coleman+Goodrow "combo".
It's not even 100% that from all of those 3 picks combines 2 solid NHL'er will come out in 5 years...
So for us it's not that important, because our window is until our main pieces not regressing. Max 5 years... there are couple players who already like around 29-30 years old...
Not the end of the world i guess if you analyze it a little deeper than the average Joe on the internet who only sees 1st round pick = god tier vs Goodrow = career 4th liner...
Tntpod liked this.
Feb. 26, 2020 at 12:33 p.m.
G O S I M E K
Quoting: F3ruS
Thanks dude for the input, seeing him in the first game was refreshing, looks like indeed he is like a Coleman type energizer guy. He hit someone D-men first game, who almost got a concussion.
The hit was so big, but not against the rules... Will come in handy in the playoffs, so we don't get humiliated by the likes of Tom Wilson/Hayes/Reeves types of guys...
His PK skills looks sweet also, i knew about SJ killing it this year on the PK. But i knew they wouldn't keep up the 95% PK the whole year hahaa.... that was insane stat for lots of games earlier in the season...

Wish we could've acquired Dillon as well. I liked his playstyle in Washington Capitals from the game i watched... He was so cheap, almost like under market value... Look solid.

As for Game 7's - Looks like our GM went for Justin " Mr. Game 7" Williams type of players. We also got Maroon, who scored big goal in some sarcasm "unknown" sarcasm game 7 hahaaaa tears of joy

I think i figured it out, seeing the press conference with BriseBois after trade deadline. I think he is preparing the team for next year by selling Yanni Gourde/Alex Killorn. And probably we keep Tyler Johnson.
That's my current guess:
Alex(wing)/Yanni(c) out --> Coleman(wing)/Goodrow(c) in

Looks like our scouts really watched Goodrow/Coleman for 40 games each this season... so they had both of these players are Nr. 1 priority at all costs...
Well the price was:1st round x 2 + 2nd.
As i already told in the last topic. Nolan Foote is a 2nd round pick and he is not NHL ready for years... If we don't pick him, he goes to like 35-40th place...
He needs to work a lot in lots of areas, before he becomes a middle six - or top9 forward in the NHL

Also if you look at the other 1st round pick, it's most likely the same as an early 2nd round. There is not much difference between pick Nr. 26 vs pick Nr. 35.
It's not like it's top3 vs top 10, where top 3 99% is elite player vs top 10 = can be often bust/non elite like a medium skilled top6 guy or a top4D.
So almost 1st + 2nd+2nd the price, and we got back a 3rd in the Goodrow trade anyways...

So 1st round(middle-Vancouver pick like 20th) + 2nd round(early) +2nd round(early) for Coleman+Goodrow "combo".
It's not even 100% that from all of those 3 picks combines 2 solid NHL'er will come out in 5 years...
So for us it's not that important, because our window is until our main pieces not regressing. Max 5 years... there are couple players who already like around 29-30 years old...
Not the end of the world i guess if you analyze it a little deeper than the average Joe on the internet who only sees 1st round pick = god tier vs Goodrow = career 4th liner...

To/dr sorry
Feb. 26, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: Lord_Simek
To/dr sorry

I write often 5-10 times longer posts then thisnod , np man laugh laugh laugh

cheers
Lord_Simek and Tntpod liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 12:14 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Hedman77
I want die

Not anymore! wink

Quoting: habs_fan123
what **** voted tampa

Apparently the 1.9% (2/107) of people that were right about the trade.
Rangsey, Hedman77, rangersandislesfan and 3 others liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:04 a.m.
Log off the internet
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Not anymore! wink

a 1st was still too much for him. but who gives a **** now lmao
Kotkaniemi15, habs_fan123, rangersandislesfan and 3 others liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
habs_fan

Not anymore! wink

value was super lopsided towards san jose like his value is at most a late 2nd

but if this is the only way for tampa to get him then ofc they do it again

win - win
Kotkaniemi15 and Tntpod liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 8:34 a.m.
habs_fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Tampa Bay gave up 2 1sts, Nolan Foote, and Danick Martel for Coleman, Goodrow, and a 3rd. I don't think those were very good moves for the Lightning but we'll see how it turns out.

Tampa still gave up way to much but if this was the only way to pick these guys up they dont care. so win win
Tntpod liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
Quoting: habs_fan123
Tampa still gave up way to much but if this was the only way to pick these guys up they dont care. so win win

Plus they're not rentals. They're still around and cheap next year. If Tampa can somehow recoup some pieces shedding their middle 6 guys who knows.

But also. 2 1sts and Martel for Coleman Goodrow a third and A STANLEY CUP. You make that trade every time.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 9:32 a.m.
May contain nuts
They still paid way more than they should have, but that's irrelevant now. When you win the Cup, it's totally worth it! (Precedent: Tomas Kaberle)
Sep. 29, 2020 at 9:45 a.m.
Quoting: EmpressKayla
They still paid way more than they should have, but that's irrelevant now. When you win the Cup, it's totally worth it! (Precedent: Tomas Kaberle)

tomas kaberle was still not worth the trade. that was such a crappy unnecessary move.
PrincessChloe liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 9:58 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: hanson493
tomas kaberle was still not worth the trade. that was such a crappy unnecessary move.

don't worry toronto wasted the first they got for him
hanson493 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 10:40 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Nice profile pic
Hedman77 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 1:07 p.m.
Not anymore! wink

The trade is still terrible whether Tampa won the cup or not. In terms of value San Jose Sharks make out like a gangbuster. Goodrow had 6 points in the run, it's not like he was a main contributing factors towards it.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 1:43 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: HabsForEver
The trade is still terrible whether Tampa won the cup or not. In terms of value San Jose Sharks make out like a gangbuster. Goodrow had 6 points in the run, it's not like he was a main contributing factors towards it.

The Goodrow, Coleman, & Gourde line was great for the Bolts this playoffs. Without them, I’m not sure the Bolts do win the cup. Plus he’s valuable depth onac cheap contract this year.

The Sharks definitely won this trade, but so did Tampa Bay, because they got a Stanley Cup out of it.
HabsForEver and Rangsey liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver

Not true. Tampa's penalty kill was atrocious before landing Goodrow and Coleman. Goodrow was brought in for hits defense and pk. They already had the depth scoring. Dallas hardly scored on the powerplay during the final and a large part of that was Goodrow. San Jose win for sure but 31st overall for Goodrow, 85th Overall (??ish) not the worst consider they also got a Stanley Cup? sure.
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 11:53 a.m.
Buljujarvi
Edited Jul. 9, 2021 at 10:51 p.m.
I want die

How do you feel now 😂
Rangsey and Tntpod liked this.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
Log off the internet
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
How you feel now 😂

Better
Jul. 8, 2021 at 12:57 a.m.
Rutta 4ever
Well worth the cost.
Tntpod and SevenLeg liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 8:51 a.m.
Bedard23
Better

The lightning proceed to win back to back cups lol
Tntpod liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 9:03 p.m.
Log off the internet
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
How you feel now 😂

better 2
Tntpod and ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 9:25 p.m.
I make Articals.
better 2

Welp, ggs from a Canadian
Jul. 8, 2021 at 9:26 p.m.
I make Articals.
Wiesblatt and a top line AHL guy if not top 6 AHL guy is worth back to back cups and a 3rd to me.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jul. 8, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
And two cups later, everyone in the poll looks like a buffoon
Tntpod and ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
May contain nuts
Quoting: Remus
And two cups later, everyone in the poll looks like a buffoon

It worked out for TBL about as well as it could have; while they certainly could have won the Cup without Goodrow, he still played enough of a role that the 1st seems like pocket change in hindsight.

Still, even though hindsight is 20/20, I maintain that there was no reason for TBL to pay this much at the time. As far as I've seen, 4th liners tend to go for a 3rd at most.
Remus liked this.
Jul. 9, 2021 at 4:03 p.m.
shorks
I pray to the hockey gods that Ozzy becomes better than Goodrow. TBL won this trade with hindsight but Ozzy could be as good. And trading 1sts away will catch up to BriseBois, but not yet.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit