$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:07 p.m.
torontos finest
Ehhh

Jones isn't for sale and I don't think they'd be looking at adding another winger/center like Nylander.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
Zach
Nylander is not for sale. He is about to be a 30+ goal scorer and 70+ point scorer. Why would you trade that? Also he is still young is getting into his prime years. His contract looks like a steal right now. I know Jones will solve our d problems but you would be giving up too much for him imo
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
*When
Scoob1978 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: Z_ach
Nylander is not for sale. He is about to be a 30+ goal scorer and 70+ point scorer. Why would you trade that? Also he is still young is getting into his prime years. His contract looks like a steal right now. I know Jones will solve our d problems but you would be giving up too much for him imo

I understand that but if you lose out in the first round again for the 4th straight year I would look to shake things up. Jones is a young legitimate first pair guy that could very well win a few Norris trophy’s. Columbus would 100% start with Marner or Nylander. I don’t think that’s an overpay
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
You’ll need a lot more then that for Jones let alone adding Anderson. The descent stretch of games where Columbus has 1 win in their last 9 since Jones went out shows how important he is to this team.... so unless we get a replacement for him, the answer will likely always be no.
Viqsi liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Ehhh

Jones isn't for sale and I don't think they'd be looking at adding another winger/center like Nylander.

They’re 27th in scoring this year so I think they’d like to add a little more offense.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: Ajp_18
You’ll need a lot more then that for Jones let alone adding Anderson. The descent stretch of games where Columbus has 1 win in their last 9 since Jones went out show how important he is to this team.... so unless we get a replacement for him, the answer will likely always be no.

I was thinking of adding Dermott to the trade as well that way they would be getting an NHL ready young guy and a pretty good prospect in Liljegren. Not saying this would happen but I think Columbus at least thinks about it
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Zach
I believe that the way our top 4 have been playing I would not put any of them up for sale. Jones' price would be too expensive and I do not want to rid of any of these guys
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
Quoting: TheBlueNwhite
I was thinking of adding Dermott to the trade as well that way they would be getting an NHL ready young guy and a pretty good prospect in Liljegren. Not saying this would happen but I think Columbus at least thinks about it

Columbus doesn’t even think about it. We have 1 win since Jones went out this season and it was vs Ottawa.... on the trade deadline after they sold their best players. Yes, we’ve have a ton of injuries but Jones was a big reason why we were winning earlier in the year his play in the defensive zone and the minutes he saw were tough minutes. Columbus need Jones more then anything Toronto could sent them. They seemed to have had the offense figured out even with injuries and were winning games 3-2 vs out scoring teams 7-6. That’s just torts style of play, strong defensive game.
Viqsi liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:25 p.m.

Funny how leafs fans see this trade as giving up too much but the rest of the NHL fanbase agrees its not enough
Jo_Habs77 and worcat liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:27 p.m.
Banned
I understand that but if you lose out in the first round again for the 4th straight year I would look to shake things up. Jones is a young legitimate first pair guy that could very well win a few Norris trophy’s. Columbus would 100% start with Marner or Nylander. I don’t think that’s an overpay

So TO has taken on the 1st place team, the 3rd and 5th best team overall in the last 3 playoffs. This year it looks like they'll take on a top 3 team again. Perhaps more than anything the playoffs format needs to change. It's not like TO was a veteran team, coming off winning the president's trophy and then lost to a 8th seed 3 years in a row. They where heavy underdogs against Washington and gave them fits, they were heavy underdogs and took Boston to 7 and then last year again where underdogs and should have won last spring but Babs refused to do anything different when things weren't working (the PK was terrible and cost them the series). Now this year they have to look forward to playing either Boston or Tampa one of which is going to be the top team in the league and the other possibly the 2nd best.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
So TO has taken on the 1st place team, the 3rd and 5th best team overall in the last 3 playoffs. This year it looks like they'll take on a top 3 team again. Perhaps more than anything the playoffs format needs to change. It's not like TO was a veteran team, coming off winning the president's trophy and then lost to a 8th seed 3 years in a row. They where heavy underdogs against Washington and gave them fits, they were heavy underdogs and took Boston to 7 and then last year again where underdogs and should have won last spring but Babs refused to do anything different when things weren't working (the PK was terrible and cost them the series). Now this year they have to look forward to playing either Boston or Tampa one of which is going to be the top team in the league and the other possibly the 2nd best.

lmao youre acting like Toronto is the only team that faced good teams early in the playoffs
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:37 p.m.
Quoting: Howyoudrouinnn
Funny how leafs fans see this trade as giving up too much but the rest of the NHL fanbase agrees its not enough

how A Leafs fan.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:41 p.m.

Adding Jones would be very nice, but Jones playoff numbers aren't exactly stellar, they're not terrible by any means but certainly aren't stellar, if the Leafs get bounced in the 1st round it'll be a team failure and adding Jones while subtracting Nylander doesn't put them over top or get them to the second round. Adding Jones is like adding another Rielly I'd say there's a very good chance they wouldn't even play together. What you want to add is a right shot Muzzin (Manson, Murphy, Savard) none which should cost Nylander if your shopping for Rielly's partner, if your shopping for Muzzins partner id look at Dumba has the ability to put up solid offensive numbers while Muzz takes on the defensive load. Can hit heavy and has a little snarl
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood

Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
lmao youre acting like Toronto is the only team that faced good teams early in the playoffs

I don't see how he's acting like TO is the only team to face tough competition in the 1st round, I think he's merely pointing out that the teams they have lost to went on to win or the final (valid points) and the Leafs took those teams to the edge of losing in that 1st round. Let's not act like the pens playing the Islanders in the first round is a tougher or equally tough as facing the Caps or Bruins
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:49 p.m.
Banned
You’ll need a lot more then that for Jones let alone adding Anderson. The descent stretch of games where Columbus has 1 win in their last 9 since Jones went out shows how important he is to this team.... so unless we get a replacement for him, the answer will likely always be no.

Have fun losing him for nothing in a couple years to free agency then
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.
Banned

No not at all, what I am saying is this isn't a team that has been atop the league for several years but can't go on a run. They are one of the youngest teams in the league and are still learning. How long did it take Washington to go on a deep run? They were the one of the best teams in the league for years and could barely get out of the 1st round and never out of the 2nd until they finally won. TO made the playoffs in year 1 of the Matthews era, Ovie didn't make the playoffs for his first 2 seasons. You guys on here love to treat TO like they've been a top team for years without success. I am not excusing any losses, just saying its not like they were supposed to win against any of the teams they took on. But the rhetoric is, TO gets crushed in the 1st round because they suck. Which is just wrong.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Boomer125
I don't see how he's acting like TO is the only team to face tough competition in the 1st round, I think he's merely pointing out that the teams they have lost to went on to win or the final (valid points) and the Leafs took those teams to the edge of losing in that 1st round. Let's not act like the pens playing the Islanders in the first round is a tougher or equally tough as facing the Caps or Bruins

Reality is bad for his arguement.
Boomer125 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 1:58 p.m.
Quoting: Ryminister_27
Have fun losing him for nothing in a couple years to free agency then

You don’t know that’s what’s going to happen... stop acting like any player on Columbus is just going to leave when they’re a UFA... Yes, I get that Columbus isn’t a big hockey market, but some players like the smaller market and want to stay where they’ve been for the last 5 years. There’s a reason Jones asked to get a full NTC is his contract. Maybe he likes it in Columbus and wants to stay. Neither of us know the answer to that question, so don’t pretend you know what going to happen.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Boomer125

Lmao why are you even bringing up the penguins? Makes absolutely zero sense. But since you did, they also faced Washington how many times? A team that was a powerhouse and should have won the cup more than just once. And who beat them? Exactly. Thanks for helping my point of every team faces top tier teams in the playoffs
awatt liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 2:06 p.m.
Lmao why are you even bringing up the penguins? Makes absolutely zero sense. But since you did, they also faced Washington how many times? A team that was a powerhouse and should have won the cup more than just once. And who beat them? Exactly. Thanks for helping my point of every team faces top tier teams in the playoffs

In no way did I help your point, Pens were also a powerhouse and top team, Leafs at no point over the last 4 seasons have been considered a "powerhouse" , sure there's this media narrative that they should be but it simply isn't true, and of course I brought up the pens they're your avatar. At no time did I or pleasebanme Trott out excuses or acceptance of the losses just merely pointed all the reasons TO was considered underdogs in all 3 of those series
Feb. 28, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.
Isles7
You don’t know that’s what’s going to happen... stop acting like any player on Columbus is just going to leave when they’re a UFA... Yes, I get that Columbus isn’t a big hockey market, but some players like the smaller market and want to stay where they’ve been for the last 5 years. There’s a reason Jones asked to get a full NTC is his contract. Maybe he likes it in Columbus and wants to stay. Neither of us know the answer to that question, so don’t pretend you know what going to happen.

I agree. They act like teams such as CBJ, NYI don’t deserve a player of that caliber. They say the same thing about barzal and Dobson.
Ajp_18 and Viqsi liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
Banned

But you still missed my point entirely, or get it but realize your statement was stupid which is why you didn't respond to my retort. The playoff format sucks, and its been bad for a lot of good teams in the last number of years, the past 2 its been really bad for TO. When the two best teams in the Eastern Conference are in the same Division, that means whoever finishes 3rd has a way harder first round matchup then a team in a different division. Look at the West this year, one of St. Louis, Colorado and Dallas will be gone in the first round. Those are by far the 3 best teams in the West. Meanwhile, Vancouver or Edmonton will likely finish the season with not enough points to even qualify for an eastern playoff spot and will take an inferior team.

If TO plays well and takes Tampa to 6 games and loses or 7 games and loses, is that such a huge defeat that heads should roll? Its been one of those everything has gone wrong seasons for TO. They are learning lessons about adversity and fighting through it. Lessons a team like Pittsburgh learned a decade ago. I am sure if TO upsets whoever they take on in the 1st round you'll find some excuse for why it happened.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 2:38 p.m.
torontos finest

not sure why he's chirping that players don't want to go to columbus. players avoided toronto for years because the team was poor and the attention was worse.
Ajp_18 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
Banned

If that's what you believe you're highly bias or just delusional. I'm not saying he'll for sure leave as a UFA, although chances are that many teams would pay more for him than Columbus would or could. But players get a NTC or a NMC to pretext themselves and their families from being moved somewhere they don't want to go without knowing. I'd put good money on Jones leaving in 2 years if he's not dealt by then. Book it now

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll