$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 28, 2020 at 3:06 p.m.
Quoting: Ryminister_27
If that's what you believe you're highly bias or just delusional. I'm not saying he'll for sure leave as a UFA, although chances are that many teams would pay more for him than Columbus would or could. But players get a NTC or a NMC to pretext themselves and their families from being moved somewhere they don't want to go without knowing. I'd put good money on Jones leaving in 2 years if he's not dealt by then. Book it now

So Matthews will leave when his contract is up too?

Oh wait Toronto is better then everyone else and he’d want to stay. That’s right... players can’t be loyal to their team and stay unless it’s Toronto... I see how it is.
Viqsi liked this.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 3:12 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Ajp_18
So Matthews will leave when his contract is up too?

Oh wait Toronto is better then everyone else and he’d want to stay. That’s right... players can’t be loyal to their team and stay unless it’s Toronto... I see how it is.

It's entirely possible that Matthews leaves, yes. He's made it well known the his childhood dream was to play for the Coyotes. But I can guarantee one thing, he won't leave because Toronto would be outbid for him. That's for sure
Feb. 28, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
It's entirely possible that Matthews leaves, yes. He's made it well known the his childhood dream was to play for the Coyotes. But I can guarantee one thing, he won't leave because Toronto would be outbid for him. That's for sure

And you think Columbus would just let someone just out bid them? I’d bet Columbus give him 11x8 and he signs it. As they are the only ones who can offer an 8th year...

Quit trying to say that Columbus is a joke and no one wants to play there.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 3:42 p.m.
Banned
And you think Columbus would just let someone just out bid them? I’d bet Columbus give him 11x8 and he signs it. As they are the only ones who can offer an 8th year...

Lol. Learn to read before you overreact. I never said that.

But if you think some other team that's a better team wouldn't offer him around that then your just being bias. & I bet he'd take the chance to win over the extra year of money
Feb. 28, 2020 at 3:48 p.m.
Quoting: Boomer125
Adding Jones would be very nice, but Jones playoff numbers aren't exactly stellar, they're not terrible by any means but certainly aren't stellar, if the Leafs get bounced in the 1st round it'll be a team failure and adding Jones while subtracting Nylander doesn't put them over top or get them to the second round. Adding Jones is like adding another Rielly I'd say there's a very good chance they wouldn't even play together. What you want to add is a right shot Muzzin (Manson, Murphy, Savard) none which should cost Nylander if your shopping for Rielly's partner, if your shopping for Muzzins partner id look at Dumba has the ability to put up solid offensive numbers while Muzz takes on the defensive load. Can hit heavy and has a little snarl

Jones is that guy. He’s a big defenceman who hits and has sandpaper to his game. He’s a guy that makes your team harder to play against we don’t have many of those
Feb. 28, 2020 at 3:53 p.m.
Quoting: TheBlueNwhite
Jones is that guy. He’s a big defenceman who hits and has sandpaper to his game. He’s a guy that makes your team harder to play against we don’t have many of those

I never disagreed with you, only presented less expensive acquisitions that would provide the same as Jones agreed none are as good as Jones but do provide all the boxes you want checked at a much lower price tag
Feb. 28, 2020 at 3:56 p.m.

No one said that Columbus is a Joke, it is however not a place that FAs gravitate towards when the option of signing anywhere they want for any term they want at any money they want. Also all teams that would put an offer along with Columbus have the financial might to pay a massive bonus which guarantees the players money, Columbus would struggle to meet any offer between 70 - 90 million with a 40/50 million bonus
Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:01 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
But you still missed my point entirely, or get it but realize your statement was stupid which is why you didn't respond to my retort. The playoff format sucks, and its been bad for a lot of good teams in the last number of years, the past 2 its been really bad for TO. When the two best teams in the Eastern Conference are in the same Division, that means whoever finishes 3rd has a way harder first round matchup then a team in a different division. Look at the West this year, one of St. Louis, Colorado and Dallas will be gone in the first round. Those are by far the 3 best teams in the West. Meanwhile, Vancouver or Edmonton will likely finish the season with not enough points to even qualify for an eastern playoff spot and will take an inferior team.

If TO plays well and takes Tampa to 6 games and loses or 7 games and loses, is that such a huge defeat that heads should roll? Its been one of those everything has gone wrong seasons for TO. They are learning lessons about adversity and fighting through it. Lessons a team like Pittsburgh learned a decade ago. I am sure if TO upsets whoever they take on in the 1st round you'll find some excuse for why it happened.

No, I dont care to respond because of reasons like "I am sure if TO upsets whoever they take on in the 1st round you'll find some excuse for why it happened" Making assumptions like that is asinine and thats why I ignore most of your posts. You reasoning is "well TOR played better teams in the playoffs." OK point? Underdogs can win in the playoffs you know. Its happened before, and will continue to happen
Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:08 p.m.
Banned
Adding Jones would be very nice, but Jones playoff numbers aren't exactly stellar, they're not terrible by any means but certainly aren't stellar, if the Leafs get bounced in the 1st round it'll be a team failure and adding Jones while subtracting Nylander doesn't put them over top or get them to the second round. Adding Jones is like adding another Rielly I'd say there's a very good chance they wouldn't even play together. What you want to add is a right shot Muzzin (Manson, Murphy, Savard) none which should cost Nylander if your shopping for Rielly's partner, if your shopping for Muzzins partner id look at Dumba has the ability to put up solid offensive numbers while Muzz takes on the defensive load. Can hit heavy and has a little snarl

Jones has more playoff points than Matthews, Nylander, Rielly and 1 less point than marner. So if Jones numbers aren't stellar, what does that make the leafs players for producing less than him?
Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:16 p.m.
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
Jones has more playoff points than Matthews, Nylander, Rielly and 1 less point than marner. So if Jones numbers aren't stellar, what does that make the leafs players for producing less than him?

It says they've played 7 less games in the playoffs, and they all played playoff hockey as teenagers at a touch above .5 ppg
Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:18 p.m.
Banned
No, I dont care to respond because of reasons like "I am sure if TO upsets whoever they take on in the 1st round you'll find some excuse for why it happened" Making assumptions like that is asinine and thats why I ignore most of your posts. You reasoning is "well TOR played better teams in the playoffs." OK point? Underdogs can win in the playoffs you know. Its happened before, and will continue to happen

Of course that can happen, and I hope TO does that this spring. But if they don't is that a huge failure? My point is that its stupid to treat TO like they've been a failure and should blow up their core when their core hasn't been around long enough to even learn what it takes to win. Matthews is 22 years old for crying out loud. The team has 3 players over the age of 30. Matthews would be the youngest player on the Penguins roster right now.

I am not excusing anything, all I am saying is to say they are a disappointment is unreasonable.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:20 p.m.
Banned
It says they've played 7 less games in the playoffs, and they all played playoff hockey as teenagers at a touch above .5 ppg

And seth jones has had nowhere near the talent to play with than TOR has. Its always some sort of excuse with some leafs fans lol
Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Of course that can happen, and I hope TO does that this spring. But if they don't is that a huge failure? My point is that its stupid to treat TO like they've been a failure and should blow up their core when their core hasn't been around long enough to even learn what it takes to win. Matthews is 22 years old for crying out loud. The team has 3 players over the age of 30. Matthews would be the youngest player on the Penguins roster right now.

I am not excusing anything, all I am saying is to say they are a disappointment is unreasonable.

Look I'm not saying they should blow up their core but that'll be 4 first-round exits with the same approach and a new coach so why not try and fix some of our defensive problems with a bit of a shakeup. Worked out great for the Raptors
Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:43 p.m.
Banned
Look I'm not saying they should blow up their core but that'll be 4 first-round exits with the same approach and a new coach so why not try and fix some of our defensive problems with a bit of a shakeup. Worked out great for the Raptors

What same approach? This team is still figuring itself out. Pittsburgh has succeed with a suspect Blueline? For crying out loud, their first of the back to backs they had Hainsey and Schultz as their top pair and then a bunch of other guys. They had nothing close to Rielly, Muzzin, Barrie, Holl, Dermott and Ceci, but they were older and had a good system and everyone bought in, because they had been through stuff together. TO changed a 3rd of their roster last summer, have dealt with huge injuries. Most of their current tenured Leafs have been with the team for 3 seasons. Apart from Rielly, I can't think of one player that was hear before Nylander?

You guys need patience.

The Raptors were a top team with Bosh, then took some steps back before getting Derozan and Lowry and became a top team in the east that couldn't ever get over the hump. TO is not even close to that point yet. They are in their 4th season since they finished last overall.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
If? HAHAHA, you mean when.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
What same approach? This team is still figuring itself out. Pittsburgh has succeed with a suspect Blueline? For crying out loud, their first of the back to backs they had Hainsey and Schultz as their top pair and then a bunch of other guys. They had nothing close to Rielly, Muzzin, Barrie, Holl, Dermott and Ceci, but they were older and had a good system and everyone bought in, because they had been through stuff together. TO changed a 3rd of their roster last summer, have dealt with huge injuries. Most of their current tenured Leafs have been with the team for 3 seasons. Apart from Rielly, I can't think of one player that was hear before Nylander?

You guys need patience.

The Raptors were a top team with Bosh, then took some steps back before getting Derozan and Lowry and became a top team in the east that couldn't ever get over the hump. TO is not even close to that point yet. They are in their 4th season since they finished last overall.

The difference is those Penguins teams could still play defence. In 2016 they allowed 2.42 goals per game and in 2017 they allowed 2.79. The Leafs this year are at 3.27 and no team in the last 5 years has won the cup allowing more than 3.00 goals a game. I don't wanna trade Nylander for some top 4 bubble guy, I'd only trade him if it was for a legit first pairing 1 or 2 defenceman which is what Jones is so thats why I added that type of trade.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
Banned
The difference is those Penguins teams could still play defence. In 2016 they allowed 2.42 goals per game and in 2017 they allowed 2.79. The Leafs this year are at 3.27 and no team in the last 5 years has won the cup allowing more than 3.00 goals a game. I don't wanna trade Nylander for some top 4 bubble guy, I'd only trade him if it was for a legit first pairing 1 or 2 defenceman which is what Jones is so thats why I added that type of trade.

If you can get Jones, that is worth getting yeah, but that is extremely hard to get. I will say more than anything though, TO needs to just commit to playing defence as a 5 man unit and often they do, they just need to learn how to be consistency which is why I preach patience. They are still so young, the Pens team you refer too was a lot further along than TO is right now. This season is probably going to be a great learning season for them. Really, everything went pretty easy in the regular season for this team in Matthews first 3 seasons. This year has been real tough and they can learn and grow a lot through it. If they can manage to stay afloat while missing Rielly and Muzzin, how is that going to set them up for the playoffs. They'll have to commit to playing great defence as a team if they are going to make it until reinforcements arrive. Once that happens, they'll need to keep it up which is a lot easier once you have done it for a month or so.
Feb. 28, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.

Cause it's the Leafs , they've had defensive problems for 30 years, can't think of a Leafs squad that was ever described as defensively sound
Feb. 28, 2020 at 6:40 p.m.
And seth jones has had nowhere near the talent to play with than TOR has. Its always some sort of excuse with some leafs fans lol

Not sure why your on this thread or what your trying to accomplish here, I never once said Jones wasn't a great player, all I said is Swapping Jones for Nylander plus doesn't get the Leafs past the 1st round. That's it. Never claimed Matthews Marner or Nylander are better players or better playoff performers. Jones didn't single handedly get Columbus by the lightning last playoffs , Lightning did that themselves.
Feb. 29, 2020 at 7:37 a.m.
mostly harmless
Have fun losing him for nothing in a couple years to free agency then

2e4ba0733a47465c8bb0dd315b630a25.jpg

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll