Created By: zadinaveleno
Published: Mar. 1, 2020 at 5:06 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLos Angeles Kings
  2. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  3. Logo of the Buffalo SabresBuffalo Sabres
Mar. 1, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
Wingsfan09
Top 10 look really good. As a Wings fan it gives me hope seeing somebody else not have Raymond or Holtz in the top 4, and really not even that close at 7 and 8 haha. I don't get what people see in them over players like Stutzle and Rossi.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 1:55 p.m.
Quoting: wingss
Top 10 look really good. As a Wings fan it gives me hope seeing somebody else not have Raymond or Holtz in the top 4, and really not even that close at 7 and 8 haha. I don't get what people see in them over players like Stutzle and Rossi.

I definitely think Stutzle has shown a lot in a mens league as well, but Raymond and Holtz have played in men's leagues, and when they competed in tournaments with their own age group they have done really well, as opposed to padding stats in a junior league in which they are clearly far superior from their opponents. Its hard to say they havent shown anything because thats not necessarily true. They have both shown similar production to Kakko in similar leagues, if not a better one
Mar. 2, 2020 at 3:49 p.m.
Wingsfan09
Quoting: SlickWilly
I definitely think Stutzle has shown a lot in a mens league as well, but Raymond and Holtz have played in men's leagues, and when they competed in tournaments with their own age group they have done really well, as opposed to padding stats in a junior league in which they are clearly far superior from their opponents. Its hard to say they havent shown anything because thats not necessarily true. They have both shown similar production to Kakko in similar leagues, if not a better one

I definitely like that Raymond and Holtz are both playing in the SHL, I think it does so much more for prospects who play in men's leagues before they're drafted then those that don't. But Raymond's 9 points in 31 games does not impress me. He didn't really have an outstanding WJC either. 4 points in 7 games in that weak bracket they had doesn't really jump out at me. IK it's not all stats driven but still. Raymonds 9 points through 31 games sits him 14th all time in PPG of draft eligible players who played in the SHL in their draft year. Holtz is 3rd at .53 PPG. I just think there's a lot of hype around Raymond that isn't all warranted. He had a great under 18's that really garnished him a lot of attention, especially that gold medal performance, but I feel like ever since then he's just been riding out the wave and hasn't really lived up to the hype. I get he's 17 and I get he's on the smaller side playing on a really good mens league team, but when you have guys like Stuzle putting up nearly a PPG in a mens league (DEL is no laughing matter) and Rossi behind only McDavid and Kane (and Gagner somehow) and ahead of guys like Marner, Tkachuk, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos in OHL PPG for draft eligible's, how do you justify picking Raymond over them?? In my mind I can't, which is why he's 6th on my board. IDK tell me if you disagree, and IK not everything is about just production, but when you have all these other guys putting up insane points...I cant pick Raymond over them, I just cant.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 6:56 p.m.
I definitely like that Raymond and Holtz are both playing in the SHL, I think it does so much more for prospects who play in men's leagues before they're drafted then those that don't. But Raymond's 9 points in 31 games does not impress me. He didn't really have an outstanding WJC either. 4 points in 7 games in that weak bracket they had doesn't really jump out at me. IK it's not all stats driven but still. Raymonds 9 points through 31 games sits him 14th all time in PPG of draft eligible players who played in the SHL in their draft year. Holtz is 3rd at .53 PPG. I just think there's a lot of hype around Raymond that isn't all warranted. He had a great under 18's that really garnished him a lot of attention, especially that gold medal performance, but I feel like ever since then he's just been riding out the wave and hasn't really lived up to the hype. I get he's 17 and I get he's on the smaller side playing on a really good mens league team, but when you have guys like Stuzle putting up nearly a PPG in a mens league (DEL is no laughing matter) and Rossi behind only McDavid and Kane (and Gagner somehow) and ahead of guys like Marner, Tkachuk, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos in OHL PPG for draft eligible's, how do you justify picking Raymond over them?? In my mind I can't, which is why he's 6th on my board. IDK tell me if you disagree, and IK not everything is about just production, but when you have all these other guys putting up insane points...I cant pick Raymond over them, I just cant.

Oh I agree I would definitely put Raymond behind atleast Rossi if not Perfetti as well (idk how but some people on here REALLY dont like Perfetti), but if Raymond fell to the Hawks at 7th or 8th I would still be ecstatic because i think hes going to be a great player. Just not the top of the draft
Mar. 3, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Wingsfan09
Oh I agree I would definitely put Raymond behind atleast Rossi if not Perfetti as well (idk how but some people on here REALLY dont like Perfetti), but if Raymond fell to the Hawks at 7th or 8th I would still be ecstatic because i think hes going to be a great player. Just not the top of the draft

Well on my board that's where he is, but honestly I doubt he falls that far. He's gonna be like the Zadina of this year, wear everybody had him top3 all year then he falls right at the draft and shocks everyone.
SlickWilly liked this.
Mar. 3, 2020 at 9:41 p.m.
Well on my board that's where he is, but honestly I doubt he falls that far. He's gonna be like the Zadina of this year, wear everybody had him top3 all year then he falls right at the draft and shocks everyone.

wouldnt be shocked tbh, but I think after the top 3 or 4 anyone could go anywhere
Mar. 3, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Wingsfan09
wouldnt be shocked tbh, but I think after the top 3 or 4 anyone could go anywhere

After top2 its anybody's game, just like last year and like every other year haha. Stutzle, Rossi, Raymond, hell even Drysdale depending on if some far down team jumps to 3rd. I mean IMO drysdale is a step ahead of Byram last year, so his skill level is there to go that high. its just there is soo many offensive powerhouses in this draft that you cant just pass on if you're a rebuilding team. unless...?
Mar. 3, 2020 at 11:05 p.m.
After top2 its anybody's game, just like last year and like every other year haha. Stutzle, Rossi, Raymond, hell even Drysdale depending on if some far down team jumps to 3rd. I mean IMO drysdale is a step ahead of Byram last year, so his skill level is there to go that high. its just there is soo many offensive powerhouses in this draft that you cant just pass on if you're a rebuilding team. unless...?

For sure. I think if the Kings fall out of the top 3 they have to take Drysdale, they dont really have another standout D prospect. Also think the Devils and Ducks definitely consider him assuming theyre high enough to take him
Mar. 4, 2020 at 12:42 p.m.
For sure. I think if the Kings fall out of the top 3 they have to take Drysdale, they dont really have another standout D prospect. Also think the Devils and Ducks definitely consider him assuming theyre high enough to take him

I think the Devils will take a sniper to compliment their recent 1st overall centers. I see the Devils taking Holtz or Perfetti, unless they move up to the top 3.
Wingsfan09 liked this.
Mar. 4, 2020 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: zadinaveleno
I think the Devils will take a sniper to compliment their recent 1st overall centers. I see the Devils taking Holtz or Perfetti, unless they move up to the top 3.

for sure, think it definitely depends on whos on the board
Mar. 4, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.
Wingsfan09
for sure, think it definitely depends on whos on the board

Holtz would be a great fit with the Devils. Drysdale wouldn't be bad a bad option either on that ride side back there.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll