M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
I don't see how this helps the Ducks in what they need...
OldNYIfan and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
Banned
1) Stop trading for Manson, he isn't worth half of what anyone on here thinks he is and better options will come forward when the time is right.

2) Brace yourself, Ducks fans are going to be all over this saying Manson starts with Nylander and Sandin and Liljegren or some nonsense.
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:38 a.m.
bryceguy
Quoting: awatt
I don't see how this helps the Ducks in what they need...

What do the Ducks need? Are they going into rebuild mode, or hoping to re-tool next year?
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:39 a.m.
Banned
Once again, Anaheim laugh and blocks Dubas number.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Absolutely no chance Anaheim makes anything looking like that trade. On value, we'd trade you Heinen for Kapanen and Manson for Johnsson and Dermott, but we can't afford to move Manson given the state of the right side of our defense. (Erik Gudbranson is our only right-handed defenseman under contract for next year, including the farm system.) And we don't need anyone at either LW or RW or LD. We wouldn't even trade Heinen and the second for Johnsson and Kapanen. Rebuilding teams keep their high draft picks, especially when the assets to be acquired don't address the rebuilding team's needs.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:41 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: bryceguy
What do the Ducks need? Are they going into rebuild mode, or hoping to re-tool next year?

Ducks need a RD replacement for one? This trade offers nothing for Anaheim. Not sure how many times it needs to be said, That without Liljegren heading to Anaheim Manson wont be a Leaf.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:41 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
1) Stop trading for Manson, he isn't worth half of what anyone on here thinks he is and better options will come forward when the time is right.

2) Brace yourself, Ducks fans are going to be all over this saying Manson starts with Nylander and Sandin and Liljegren or some nonsense.

Sorry to disappoint you.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:44 a.m.
Lenny7

You sir, are over the top.

Any Ducks fan that I've seen on here that has commented has said "It has to be Liljegren, but I wouldn't make that trade if I were Toronto".

Plus, I love Manson more than I love my wife, so there's that...
Dan10900, PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood, OldNYIfan and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:47 a.m.
ANA does not need more middle 6 wingers, they have an overload of them already, they also can't afford to trade away Manson... this trade is completely useless to them... oh and they have to give up Steel, AND a very early second... take out those two pieces and they still probably don't do it, just because nothing coming back fills a need, not because the value isn't there, this trade would be like the leafs trading Freddy and Lilja for some middle 6 forwards
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:49 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Sorry to disappoint you.

You sir are one of the most reasonable people on this site. I only expect thoughtful and interesting posts from you and you have yet to disappoint. Good day sir!
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:51 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Lenny7
You sir, are over the top.

Any Ducks fan that I've seen on here that has commented has said "It has to be Liljegren, but I wouldn't make that trade if I were Toronto".

Plus, I love Manson more than I love my wife, so there's that...

There are a few that have said its going to cost a lot more than Liljegren, likely Lilly, a 1st and a higher end forward. Manson is going to remain a duck, the expectations for his value are nuts. He's not worth remotely close to what fans thing he'll be worth.
Lenny7 and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:53 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: bryceguy

Anaheim needs right-side defenders, whether right-handed or not. (We'd be fine with Alec Martinez, Jonas Brodin or Marcus Nutivaara, for example.) Now that we've traded Korbinian Holzer, the only right-handed defensemen in the entire organization (including farm) signed for next year are Josh Manson, Eric Gudbranson and the newly-acquired Axel Andersson. (On our Reserve List is Hunter Drew.) Here's our depth chart:

C: Getzlaf, Henrique, Steel, Lundestrom*, Zegras**, Groulx*, Morand* (* = non-roster; ** = unsigned)
LW: Heinen, Jones, Milano, Comtois*, Des Lauriers, Tracey*, McLaughlin**
RW: Rakell (also plays LW), Silfverberg, Terry, Sherwood
LD: Fowler, Lindholm, Larsson, Guhle, Mahura*, LaCombe**
RD: Manson, Gudbranson, Andersson*
G: Gibson, Dostal*

As you can see, there's plenty of depth at forward and left defense, and we have one of the five best goalies in the League. The glaring deficiency is at RD.
bryceguy and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:55 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
You sir are one of the most reasonable people on this site. I only expect thoughtful and interesting posts from you and you have yet to disappoint. Good day sir!

God bless you, too, and I love reading your posts, too.

I responded at length to @bryceguy because he is new to CapFriendly.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:58 a.m.
Banned
God bless you, too, and I love reading your posts, too.

I responded at length to @bryceguy because he is new to CapFriendly.

Oh I used to be thoughtful, but I find this site way too aggravating. Too much anti leaf bias on here. While I know I have a bias as all humans do, I try to keep it in check. However, on here it seems everyone is a fan of their team and most hate the Leafs more than they like their own team. Trying to have a conversation with any of those people is almost impossible. I find that often my responses are a little short tempered at times. Maybe most of the time these days.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 11:59 a.m.
bryceguy
Anaheim needs right-side defenders, whether right-handed or not. (We'd be fine with Alec Martinez, Jonas Brodin or Marcus Nutivaara, for example.) Now that we've traded Korbinian Holzer, the only right-handed defensemen in the entire organization (including farm) signed for next year are Josh Manson, Eric Gudbranson and the newly-acquired Axel Andersson. (On our Reserve List is Hunter Drew.) Here's our depth chart:

C: Getzlaf, Henrique, Steel, Lundestrom*, Zegras**, Groulx*, Morand* (* = non-roster; ** = unsigned)

As you can see, there's plenty of depth at forward and left defense, and we have one of the five best goalies in the League. The glaring deficiency is at RD.

Fair enough. Thanks for the insight. Manson is obviously an attractive target but unless ANA are burning it to the ground, it doesn't make any sense to frame a trade between two teams with the same needs (RD).
Mar. 2, 2020 at 12:09 p.m.
Lenny7
There are a few that have said its going to cost a lot more than Liljegren, likely Lilly, a 1st and a higher end forward. Manson is going to remain a duck, the expectations for his value are nuts. He's not worth remotely close to what fans thing he'll be worth.

Think that goes both ways though, every fan base overvalues their players (Rightfully so).

This trade for instance.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 12:22 p.m.
Banned
Think that goes both ways though, every fan base overvalues their players (Rightfully so).

This trade for instance.

Seems more like reshuffling the deck chairs to me than anything. I just don't overly like Manson though. He's really not been that great for a couple of years. I am not sure what the Leafs should do about getting 1 RHD (That is all they really need) but overpaying for one doesn't seem like the smart plan.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 12:23 p.m.
Banned

I'd say Anahiem needs everything but a goalie. They should do a scorched earth rebuild.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 12:34 p.m.
Lenny7
I am not sure what the Leafs should do about getting 1 RHD (That is all they really need) but overpaying for one doesn't seem like the smart plan.

Seems like the best option is to:

Let Liljegren develop and try to free up some space to make a "Barrie" type of trade this summer (Obviously not for a offensive dman though). A guy like Savard would certainly fit that mold, but I don't see why Columbus would move him.

I never really get the "gotta get a superstar" trades on here...get someone who is affordable and can shut down the opposition.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
Banned
Seems like the best option is to:

Let Liljegren develop and try to free up some space to make a "Barrie" type of trade this summer (Obviously not for a offensive dman though). A guy like Savard would certainly fit that mold, but I don't see why Columbus would move him.

I never really get the "gotta get a superstar" trades on here...get someone who is affordable and can shut down the opposition.

They just need someone who can move the puck well and can kill penalties. The team as a whole is finally tightening up defensively as a 5 man unit. If they can continue doing this, all the talk about defenceman will end. Its never really been about 1 defenceman, its been about the team playing the right way. Thats how other teams who don't have a guy like Rielly or Muzzin but still defend well do it.
Mar. 2, 2020 at 6:36 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Oh I used to be thoughtful, but I find this site way too aggravating. Too much anti leaf bias on here. While I know I have a bias as all humans do, I try to keep it in check. However, on here it seems everyone is a fan of their team and most hate the Leafs more than they like their own team. Trying to have a conversation with any of those people is almost impossible. I find that often my responses are a little short tempered at times. Maybe most of the time these days.

I'm with you here. I don't mind pro-home-town-teamerism because when you consider it rationally, it's "normal" -- the strongest component is the unconscious bias that comes from seeing your own players more often than other teams, so you tend to remember more good efforts and forgive more bad efforts from your own team than others'. I see Brayden Point maybe half a dozen times a year and I think he's a bum because he hasn't scored any goals against John Gibson this season, and because Sonny Milano scores two in his first game for Anaheim, I wouldn't trade him even up for Nikita Kucherov -- that kind of thing. I'm exaggerating, but frequency is a great distorter. I try to be as unbiased as possible, which is easier for me because (a) I have two teams to support and I get to see them play every game, and (b) they're both at the end of the spectrum (in this case, the bad one) and it's hard to be overly enthusiastic about them. You and I are on the same page about Josh Manson, by the way -- to me, he's not as valuable a defender as, say Jake Muzzin but many of my fellow Ducks fans think he's an underexposed Drew Doughty (in his prime). I always want to say to them Manson would be the #3 defender on the Bruins, and where do you think he'd fit between Puloch, Dobson and Wilde on the Islanders? In the next trade announcement, is where. Nevertheless, he's a sound defensive defender, and I'm glad the Ducks have him. We just shouldn't overvalue him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll