SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Rutherford's 19-20 trades...

Mar. 3, 2020 at 12:58 p.m.
I didn't want to include the obvious AHL-based trades in this, but I will list them at the end for full disclosure. For the last few years I was a proponent of Rutherford being a bad FA signed (both UFA and RFA) but a rather good trader. I am starting to slide from that. Still not a good signer, but the trade scales are down to even while heading the wrong direction.

Since the end of last season:

L 2/24/20: Kahun for Sheary, Rodrigues - Buffalo win. Kahun is by far the best player in this deal and Rutherford didn't even get any retention or picks. Thanks coach.
T 2/24/20: 3rd (*2nd) for Marleau - A little high, but fair. Marleau wasn't really playing at a 3rd level, but the team did need leadership.
L 2/10/20: Galchenyuk, Addison, 1st for Zucker - Huge Minnesota win. The day this trade happened the people on NHL radio were talking about *** Guerin got a huge win in his first trade as a GM. Again, Rutherford doesn't even get retention after giving up his top prospect and a 1st.
T 10/25/19: Gudbranson for Martinsen, 7th - Fair. He is playing top-4 in Anaheim, but Pittsburgh got out from the cap hit.
W 7/26/19: 6th for Marino - Big Pens win. This one is a head scratcher. I know Edmonton has D-prospect-depth, but only a 6th?
L 6/29/19: Kessel, Birks, 4th for Galchenyuk, Joseph - Big Arizona win. Not only does Arizona get the best player on the deal, but Pittsburgh adds the 4th sweetener? Thanks coach.
W 6/15/19: Maatta for Kahun, 5th - Pittsburgh win. Maatta wasn't fitting, Kahun was on the verge, cleared cap too.

So I got the Pens going 2-3-2 in their trades since the end of last season (currently on a 0-2-2 streak). The problem being that the 3 losses are quite lopsided. I got my fingers crossed that Rutherford makes a turn and starts putting green in his ledger again.

Others:
2/20/20: Blandisi, Lucchini for Varone, Barber - Varone is the best of this lot
1/17/20: Palve for Nyberg
12/17/19: Haggerty for Roy
11/20/19: Cramarossa for Knott
6/22/19: 7th for 7th
6/22/19: 4th, 5th, 7th for 3rd (Legare - 8th in goals, top 20 in points, in the Q while on a butt team.)
Aug. 25, 2020 at 12:46 p.m.
The first trade of the "new season"

Kapanen, Aberg, Lindgren for #15, Hallander, Rodeigues, Warsofsky

Aberg, Lingdgren, Warsofsky are nickle/dime. Rodrigues wasn't in the Pens plans.

Basically: Kapanen for #15, Hallander

Absolutely horrible value by Rutherford. So after going 2-3-2 last season, and on a 0-2-2 streak... he manages another major loss. 2-4-2, on a 0-3-2 streak.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll