RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$753,333$753,333
RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:25 a.m.
Shibbal18
Swap Mete with a better pick or another forward, adjust value accordingly. Sabres have enough d
Swagmaster liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:28 a.m.
ShtpstExtraordinaire
Id do it
Buffalo_Chills liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Swap Mete with a better pick or another forward, adjust value accordingly. Sabres have enough d

He's a decent enough LHD and easily better than anyone not named Dahlin and McCabe on the roster already. With Romanov coming over there simply will be no space for him In MTL next year.

That would give you a top 6 of Dahlin - Jokiharju McCabe - Montour Mete - Miller. 7th D: Pilut. That's not half bad and the offense gets a shot in the arm.

But either way I'm ok changing it up a bit but the pick would have to be the STL 2nd if upgraded. for the difference. Nothing higher. I'd prefer Risto for Drouin straight up or as close to it. Tage and Mete were kind of after thoughts in the trade. they don't need to be there.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.
Evans truther
What is Risto doing differently this season that made him go from a -141 player to a +1? I thought he was a defensive liability but he seem to hold his end this year.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:41 a.m.
ShtpstExtraordinaire
Quoting: ColonelX
What is Risto doing differently this season that made him go from a -141 player to a +1? I thought he was a defensive liability but he seem to hold his end this year.

Lol
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:44 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: F50marco
He's a decent enough LHD and easily better than anyone not named Dahlin and McCabe on the roster already. With Romanov coming over there simply will be no space for him In MTL next year.

That would give you a top 6 of Dahlin - Jokiharju McCabe - Montour Mete - Miller. 7th D: Pilut. That's not half bad and the offense gets a shot in the arm.

But either way I'm ok changing it up a bit but the pick would have to be the STL 2nd if upgraded. for the difference. Nothing higher. I'd prefer Risto for Drouin straight up or as close to it. Tage and Mete were kind of after thoughts in the trade. they don't need to be there.

Im not saying Mete is bad but Sabres have Bryson Pilut plus Samuelsson and Johnson in the system. I wouldnt do Risto for Drouin straight up. If its a 1 for 1 Sabres need to prioritize C and right shot forwards
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:44 a.m.
ShtpstExtraordinaire

Mete would be behind Dahlin-Joki Pilut- Miller. He's a decent add and young too. The only issue for a Sabres GM is they just traded for Tage. Personally think the value is there or favors MTL
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:45 a.m.
Shibbal18

+/- isnt a great stat, too many variables
Mar. 6, 2020 at 11:53 a.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: Facebookfighter
Lol

+/- isnt a great stat, too many variables

Thanks for actually giving an answer to someone that isn't watching him play every game -as opposed to that other dude-. I understand variables but we're talking about +42 difference, there has to be something no?
Mar. 6, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
Shibbal18
Thanks for actually giving an answer to someone that isn't watching him play every game -as opposed to that other dude-. I understand variables but we're talking about +42 difference, there has to be something no?

More responsible ice time, better team mates. The Sabres d hasnt been bad this year. Risto is still playing the same game he has been though.
ColonelX liked this.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 12:55 p.m.
I post sometimes
I don't think Risto is the RHD we should target. We already have Petry that plays the same type of game.

But he could be an option to replace Petry if you plan on trading him, but I don't think it's worth it for one more year of contract for pretty similar player.

I would trade for a prospect RHD to eventually take the place of petry and Weber as a leading man... I don't think Brook, Fleury or Juulsen are the answer.
Mar. 6, 2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
I don't think Risto is the RHD we should target. We already have Petry that plays the same type of game.

But he could be an option to replace Petry if you plan on trading him, but I don't think it's worth it for one more year of contract for pretty similar player.

I would trade for a prospect RHD to eventually take the place of petry and Weber as a leading man... I don't think Brook, Fleury or Juulsen are the answer.

I bet Petry is moved in the offseason... if he does Risto makes a lot of sense in MTL
MTLaveragefan liked this.
Mar. 7, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.

+/- means literally nothing. Jeff Petry is a bad dman under that logic. He has been a negative every single yer practically. I thin Risto made strong efforts this year to be less offensive and more defensive and its showing. I think the Habs would get more from Risto than the would from Drouin at this point. On the flipside, Buffalo needs wingers for Eichel. Drouin fits the bill. Both same age and contract.

Drouin will never be the player we want him to be under MB/CJ style management. I think Kruger would use him better.
Mar. 7, 2020 at 11:51 a.m.
Im not saying Mete is bad but Sabres have Bryson Pilut plus Samuelsson and Johnson in the system. I wouldnt do Risto for Drouin straight up. If its a 1 for 1 Sabres need to prioritize C and right shot forwards

Quoting: Facebookfighter
Mete would be behind Dahlin-Joki Pilut- Miller. He's a decent add and young too. The only issue for a Sabres GM is they just traded for Tage. Personally think the value is there or favors MTL

OK you guys know Im not going to pull random stuff out of my derriere but it needs to be said because I think Buff fans are leaning on this way too much.

Pilut isn't that good. He makes your team because of the lack of quality on the roster, now while that also applies to Mete, one guy is 24 and should be already entering his best hockey while the other is 21 and good enough to play alongside Weber and do well. You can disagree all you want, tat's fine but Mete is hands down a better player than Pilut is right now and probably in the future as well.

As for the trade, I'm ok to take out Tage. He was just kind of a player that looked like Habs could want and maybe would make sense for Mete. Drouin+5th for Risto would be fine by me. If Mete is added than we'd need at least a AHL quality player coming back to Montreal in the trade.
Mar. 7, 2020 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: MTLaveragefan

Look at the options we have though..... There aren't a whole lot of other good dman out there available and the guys we have in Laval are years away. Risto can help diminish Weber and Petry's minutes. Can play PP next Weber or Petry giving two threats to shoot finally.

I'm not targeting Risto because he is the best dman in the world and I want him soooo bad. I think he is probably the best player we can get in exchange for Drouin whose roughly the same age, same contract style, same etc....

Plus its no guarantee that we keep Petry next year. People have t remind themselves of that. If the Habs are out of the playoffs again next year, he is being dealt at the TDL and even if he wasn't, he might want to go to a better team to try and win a cup in free agency. That is possible.

Also after seeing that game against Tampa, I want the Habs to get a little bigger. Risto fits the bill here.
MTLaveragefan liked this.
Mar. 7, 2020 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: NeedTheCleanser
I bet Petry is moved in the offseason... if he does Risto makes a lot of sense in MTL

I don't think he will, it would have made more sense to just move him at the TDL if that were the case while the price was high. MB wants to get another crack at the playoffs next year so he is keeping his current players and trying to add to them without losing any significant pieces on the roster in the process.
Mar. 7, 2020 at 1:07 p.m.
Shibbal18
OK you guys know Im not going to pull random stuff out of my derriere but it needs to be said because I think Buff fans are leaning on this way too much.

Pilut isn't that good. He makes your team because of the lack of quality on the roster, now while that also applies to Mete, one guy is 24 and should be already entering his best hockey while the other is 21 and good enough to play alongside Weber and do well. You can disagree all you want, tat's fine but Mete is hands down a better player than Pilut is right now and probably in the future as well.

As for the trade, I'm ok to take out Tage. He was just kind of a player that looked like Habs could want and maybe would make sense for Mete. Drouin+5th for Risto would be fine by me. If Mete is added than we'd need at least a AHL quality player coming back to Montreal in the trade.

i agree actually. But hes a decent enough 6/7 till Samuelsson gets to the NHL and Johnson is a great shut down D. Those are 2 big prospects for Buffalo that seem to go under the radar
F50marco liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll