Forums/Armchair-GM

Oof-what a performance

Created by: ConnorMcHellebucyk
Team: 2019-20 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 8, 2020
Published: Mar. 8, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Good job every one. I’d love to see a DET-TBL series in the playoffs. They’d end up swept Columbus style.
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
25$81,500,000$83,128,331$0$1,180,000-$1,628,331
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 6
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$833,333$833,333
C
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 8, 2020 at 10:06 p.m.
Lol, sure, only won 16 in a row against them and took one of the most pathetic dives I've ever seen to do it, Tampa missing Stamkos and Hedman while coming off a brutal game 20 hours earlier. Yep Detroit should plan a parade lol. They can enjoy their continued medi ocrity and lost a ton of respect for that team and Larkin with a play like that. I guess they can enjoy their 17th win though.
Mar. 9, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: JTBF81
Lol, sure, only won 16 in a row against them and took one of the most pathetic dives I've ever seen to do it, Tampa missing Stamkos and Hedman while coming off a brutal game 20 hours earlier. Yep Detroit should plan a parade lol. They can enjoy their continued medi ocrity and lost a ton of respect for that team and Larkin with a play like that. I guess they can enjoy their 17th win though.

One advanced analytics guy i follow predicted a 75% TBL win for this DET match... He said we should rest players... like a few of them at least...
I was like... he must not have seen the Boston Bruins game like 22 hours earlier or smth...
I mean i agree with him: Load management needs to be implemented in the NHL sooner or later...
I just didn't agree with his predictions, that without resting players we have 75%...
I thought we have like 50% to win... turned out... we won(so he was right with the 75%)... just the referees screwed us in the whole game...
the topic opener is right: Columbus Blue Jackets style
They disallowed a 5 on 3 PP and couple other "non-calls". In other words... at least 3-4 penalties... in obvious situations... like -1 kuch goal... that's even worse than a couple not awarded 2 minute minor..

What the referees did in the CBJ matchup? They didn't allow us barely any PP.(intereference/holding non existant for refs in playoffs)
What was our main strength last year = PP. Good job refs... applaud

That's contributed to around 3-5% for the reason we lost... let's imagine only 5 more power plays awarded in the columbus series... could've been 3 goals = 1 match win... then who knows what's happening if we win 1 game... momentum shifts are real in the league, and that series the refs just helped the other team... i have no doubt, that they will help specific teams this year...
Again Hedman was injured vs Detroit , just like in Columbus series. Result = 4 goals allowed...If Hedman is not in the lineup that's usually what happens... We allow more than 3 goals = hard to win...

CBJ series = all games lots of goals allowed.(thanks to injury + cold Vasi)
If you play with injury, if it's bad, it's worse than a replacement level of player... and Point also played with huge injury(2 surgeries needed).
Those injuries also contributed like 20-30% of the reasons why we lost, other then the refs... There is 1 million other reasons why we lost, which i already explained in other topics...

Anyways, these matches are now placeholders.
We secured the 2nd/3rd place already with 2-3 wins out of like 14... we can lose 10 in a row ... it still won't matter most likely...
This is as acceptable loss thank to the referees... We played bad defense/medicore offense(tired) and we still got 1 point... which is more than enough for us to make the playoffs(we don't care about pres cup anymore)

If the referees called this match even, like they should: this loss would be still okay... so no reason to be panicking...1 point, i'm actually happy at the end of the day...

On the other hand, if we lose in playoffs round 1 vs Toronto---->that would be disaster(even all 4-7 games without Stamkos we still should win) ----> Cooper fired most likely,
so he better help the players win that series(our best matchup from the possible playoffs opponents on the east).
Vs. all other metro teams we have less % to win... so if we can't win that series... how do we want to win anything... after that it's Boston "Tea Time" in the 2nd round...

Tampa Bay Lightning Vs. Toronto Maple Leafs in 1 month!

Let's go!

Also Tampa Bay Lightning Vs. Edmonton Oilers Stanley-Cup Finals? Are you in? popcorn
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Mar. 9, 2020 at 1:19 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: F3ruS
One advanced analytics guy i follow predicted a 75% TBL win for this DET match... He said we should rest players... like a few of them at least...
I was like... he must not have seen the Boston Bruins game like 22 hours earlier or smth...
I mean i agree with him: Load management needs to be implemented in the NHL sooner or later...
I just didn't agree with his predictions, that without resting players we have 75%...
I thought we have like 50% to win... turned out... we won(so he was right with the 75%)... just the referees screwed us in the whole game...
the topic opener is right: Columbus Blue Jackets style
They disallowed a 5 on 3 PP and couple other "non-calls". In other words... at least 3-4 penalties... in obvious situations... like -1 kuch goal... that's even worse than a couple not awarded 2 minute minor..

What the referees did in the CBJ matchup? They didn't allow us barely any PP.(intereference/holding non existant for refs in playoffs)
What was our main strength last year = PP. Good job refs... applaud

That's contributed to around 3-5% for the reason we lost... let's imagine only 5 more power plays awarded in the columbus series... could've been 3 goals = 1 match win... then who knows what's happening if we win 1 game... momentum shifts are real in the league, and that series the refs just helped the other team... i have no doubt, that they will help specific teams this year...
Again Hedman was injured vs Detroit , just like in Columbus series. Result = 4 goals allowed...If Hedman is not in the lineup that's usually what happens... We allow more than 3 goals = hard to win...

CBJ series = all games lots of goals allowed.(thanks to injury + cold Vasi)
If you play with injury, if it's bad, it's worse than a replacement level of player... and Point also played with huge injury(2 surgeries needed).
Those injuries also contributed like 20-30% of the reasons why we lost, other then the refs... There is 1 million other reasons why we lost, which i already explained in other topics...

Anyways, these matches are now placeholders.
We secured the 2nd/3rd place already with 2-3 wins out of like 14... we can lose 10 in a row ... it still won't matter most likely...
This is as acceptable loss thank to the referees... We played bad defense/medicore offense(tired) and we still got 1 point... which is more than enough for us to make the playoffs(we don't care about pres cup anymore)

If the referees called this match even, like they should: this loss would be still okay... so no reason to be panicking...1 point, i'm actually happy at the end of the day...

On the other hand, if we lose in playoffs round 1 vs Toronto---->that would be disaster(even all 4-7 games without Stamkos we still should win) ----> Cooper fired most likely,
so he better help the players win that series(our best matchup from the possible playoffs opponents on the east).
Vs. all other metro teams we have less % to win... so if we can't win that series... how do we want to win anything... after that it's Boston "Tea Time" in the 2nd round...

Tampa Bay Lightning Vs. Toronto Maple Leafs in 1 month!

Let's go!

Also Tampa Bay Lightning Vs. Edmonton Oilers Stanley-Cup Finals? Are you in? popcorn

A Edmonton Oilers vs Tampa Bay Lightning finals would be amazing.
F3ruS liked this.
Mar. 9, 2020 at 2:11 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Mar. 9, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
A Edmonton Oilers vs Tampa Bay Lightning finals would be amazing.

I watched a lot of Edmonton matches lately vs various opponents. What Draisaitl doing this year it's crazy. Sometimes 4 goals, sometimes McDavid 5 points haha...
To beat McDavid in a scoring race, even with a small McDavid injury = Insane.
I don't care about his defensive issues. He should get the trophy. He also produced while McJesus was injured...Like carried the team!

In my eyes Draisaitl = MVP, Hart trophy etc...
I like your team chances in 1st round, idk who will be your opponent, the pacific is just crazy to predict...
Even if you guys go against Vegas Golden Knights, i can see a world where your team wins smile If Stone injured, out of form = even more chance for your team to win....
It would be a hell of a 1st round series.
TBL-TOR
VGK-EDM

Can't really get any better than that, as far as 1st round matchups are goes... Both would be super explosive series wink
EDM

Ahhhhh,it's only 6% that it's happening...oh well... maybe next time haha

Good luck to your team though Vs. CGY/VAN/NSH!(most likely opponents right now).
96% that your team makes the playoffs. That's good enough in my book to predict future matchups cool cool cool
Which one you would want to face 1st round, if you could choose? And which one you think your team is hopeless against?

With TBL i hope we avoid in the playoffs Philly/Washington at all costs from the east... Although we can beat them, it's gonna be really hard... and phyisical... so i hope we can get lucky...
Mar. 9, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: F3ruS
I watched a lot of Edmonton matches lately vs various opponents. What Draisaitl doing this year it's crazy. Sometimes 4 goals, sometimes McDavid 5 points haha...
To beat McDavid in a scoring race, even with a small McDavid injury = Insane.
I don't care about his defensive issues. He should get the trophy. He also produced while McJesus was injured...Like carried the team!

In my eyes Draisaitl = MVP, Hart trophy etc...
I like your team chances in 1st round, idk who will be your opponent, the pacific is just crazy to predict...
Even if you guys go against Vegas Golden Knights, i can see a world where your team wins smile If Stone injured, out of form = even more chance for your team to win....
It would be a hell of a 1st round series.
TBL-TOR
VGK-EDM

Can't really get any better than that, as far as 1st round matchups are goes... Both would be super explosive series wink
EDM

Ahhhhh,it's only 6% that it's happening...oh well... maybe next time haha

Good luck to your team though Vs. CGY/VAN/NSH!(most likely opponents right now).
96% that your team makes the playoffs. That's good enough in my book to predict future matchups cool cool cool
Which one you would want to face 1st round, if you could choose? And which one you think your team is hopeless against?

I personally want a CGY EDM series so bad. It would be insane judging the last few games.
Mar. 9, 2020 at 2:27 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
I personally want a CGY EDM series so bad. It would be insane judging the last few games.

Oh yeah , i wanted to watch those games.... i only watched one of those so far in the season... like in middle january... i missed the others... i heard the other games was crazy like usual... hahaaa.... dat ragdolll Kassian vs Tkatchuk stuff is priceless... Inb4 suspensions to both in playoffs LUL laugh
Like u remember Kadri? That guy doesn't learn... I suspect the same thing will happen in EDM-CGY series hahaaa... 27% ---> let's go hockeygods help us to get that series! Help rock on

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll