SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

GM's on the Hot Seat

Next GM to be Fired?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 9, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
1. David Poile, NSH. This one is really tough. I think he survives the summer if the Preds make the playoffs, but he's getting minimal production from his high-priced Centers (Duchene, Johansson, and Turris). $26M on their 4 C's. The Fiala trade was also a highly dubious move. He probably has to go.

2. Jason Botterill, BUF. Epic Disasters: Skinner and Colin Miller. He's finished. He hasn't drafted well either.

3. Dale Tallon, FLA. If the Panthers miss the playoffs the Bob contract will look even worse (if that's even possible). However, if they make the playoffs, he'll probably get another chance. Maybe Bob turns it around next season. Right now, $10M AAV is a lot of money to spend on a bottom tier Goalie.

4. John Chayka, ARI. He's gotta go. The Hall trade is looking worse and worse and I think he overpaid Keller.

5. Marc Bergevin, MTL. I think he's safe for the time being. He did a good job acquiring Suzuki, but needs JK to develop into a top two C.

6. Stan Bowman, CHI. Tried to rebuild hid D last summer. Hasn't worked out so well, but those 3 Cups probably give him immunity.

Also, I think the NJD will name interim Tom Fitzgerald their full time GM this summer. He had an excellent TDL and the Devils are one of the league's best teams since Feb. 1st. He deserves a lot of credit for cleaning up Ray Shero's mess.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit