$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 10, 2020 at 2:27 p.m.
You are 20 million over the cap, and now way Hall signs a short deal with his injuries
Pharow liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 2:29 p.m.
You still have the same old problem...this still doesn't improve your defence or goaltending any. But good luck with that.
Copenhagen and Pharow liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 2:29 p.m.
Banned
Sure like Hall is going to waste one year with Toronto for currently less then what he's making this year, Get real no way Hall does his. And considering you're nearly $20 million over the cap. You sir are fired.
Pharow liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 2:31 p.m.
Banned
If he would do a one year deal sign for win the cup he would choose another destination ahahah.
KCarry74 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 2:35 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Sure like Hall is going to waste one year with Toronto for currently less then what he's making this year, Get real no way Hall does his. And considering you're nearly $20 million over the cap. You sir are fired.

Quoting: Copenhagen
You are 20 million over the cap, and now way Hall signs a short deal with his injuries

If you guys haven’t noticed he’s in 2019, so all th expiring contracts all still there (like Ceci), and the two LTIR contracts aren’t moved and cap isn’t adjusted to be 83-88mil so yeah he’s not actually over the cap.

Doesn’t take away from hall never signing that 1 for 5mil tho
Mar. 10, 2020 at 2:36 p.m.
This could be one of the worst thought out posts I have seen in a while around here. I want the last 45 seconds back.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: yikes
If you guys haven’t noticed he’s in 2019, so all th expiring contracts all still there (like Ceci), and the two LTIR contracts aren’t moved and cap isn’t adjusted to be 83-88mil so yeah he’s not actually over the cap.

Doesn’t take away from hall never signing that 1 for 5mil tho

Very true, but he also doesn't replace Barrie, Ceci, Holl's contract doesn't jump, Dermott's doesn't jump, Campbell's doesn't jump, etc.

They're sitting at $76.2 right now for 2020, with 15 guys signed. So, you add Hall at $5 (We can all agree that it's not happening, but still...), so $81.2 with 16 guys. The goal here is a 23 man roster, and realistically I think we can all say that the cap ain't jumping to $88, it's probably more like $84, so you've got $2.8 mil to sign 7 more players.

Even without Hall, there's still a cap crunch in Toronto...But hey, at least you're not Tampa!
Mar. 10, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Lenny7
Very true, but he also doesn't replace Barrie, Ceci, Holl's contract doesn't jump, Dermott's doesn't jump, Campbell's doesn't jump, etc.

They're sitting at $76.2 right now for 2020, with 15 guys signed. So, you add Hall at $5 (We can all agree that it's not happening, but still...), so $81.2 with 16 guys. The goal here is a 23 man roster, and realistically I think we can all say that the cap ain't jumping to $88, it's probably more like $84, so you've got $2.8 mil to sign 7 more players.

Even without Hall, there's still a cap crunch in Toronto...But hey, at least you're not Tampa!

Well we all know Toronto is in a tough spot, cap is probably really at 83-85.5 as highest limits. 88 just get us talking (and it’s done it’s job). Tampa and Toronto are going to have to make trades so it’ll be interesting offseason to see
Lenny7 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
Lenny7
Well we all know Toronto is in a tough spot, cap is probably really at 83-85.5 as highest limits. 88 just get us talking (and it’s done it’s job). Tampa and Toronto are going to have to make trades so it’ll be interesting offseason to see

For sure.

I'm curious to see what the Leafs do...everyone around here usually gets dumped on when they move either of Marner or Nylander, and rightfully so with the majority of the deals that are proposed, but I'm just not sure how they manage to fill that RD hole without going big.

My opinion is that they should avoid trying to swing for a home run with the guys that are going to be overpriced, but are popular names around here among Leaf fans (Ekblad, Pesce, Dumba, Pietrangelo, Manson, etc.), and go for a reliable, second tier guy that offers some salary flexibility. Cernak has been popular here, but I really don't think Tampa moves him, especially given the fact that he's going to be one of the few guys that they can resign for a reasonable price.

-Nick Jensen from the Caps might be an under the radar guy...cost certainty and reliable in his own end (Though there's zero offensive upside, but the Leafs don't really need that in the first place, right?).
-Hamonic on a 2 year, $4 mil deal might not be a bad pickup if he's 100% healthy.
-Maybe Justin Braun? Not super flashy, but extremely consistent, and you wouldn't have to break the bank to make it happen.

Even looking at it though, maybe it's not going to be the biggest issue. Leafs have:

Rielly, Muzzin, Holl, Sandin, Dermott (?), Liljegren, and then Rosen (ugh) as depth. It's not as bad as Leafs threads make it out to be. Maybe all you really need is as solid, veteran UFA depth option as a 6th/7th dman (Would depend on how Liljegren looks in the fall, or if the Leafs want him to play some more big minutes in the minors).
yikes liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Mar. 10, 2020 at 3:29 p.m.
For sure.

I'm curious to see what the Leafs do...everyone around here usually gets dumped on when they move either of Marner or Nylander, and rightfully so with the majority of the deals that are proposed, but I'm just not sure how they manage to fill that RD hole without going big.

My opinion is that they should avoid trying to swing for a home run with the guys that are going to be overpriced, but are popular names around here among Leaf fans (Ekblad, Pesce, Dumba, Pietrangelo, Manson, etc.), and go for a reliable, second tier guy that offers some salary flexibility. Cernak has been popular here, but I really don't think Tampa moves him, especially given the fact that he's going to be one of the few guys that they can resign for a reasonable price.

-Nick Jensen from the Caps might be an under the radar guy...cost certainty and reliable in his own end (Though there's zero offensive upside, but the Leafs don't really need that in the first place, right?).
-Hamonic on a 2 year, $4 mil deal might not be a bad pickup if he's 100% healthy.
-Maybe Justin Braun? Not super flashy, but extremely consistent, and you wouldn't have to break the bank to make it happen.

Even looking at it though, maybe it's not going to be the biggest issue. Leafs have:

Rielly, Muzzin, Holl, Sandin, Dermott (?), Liljegren, and then Rosen (ugh) as depth. It's not as bad as Leafs threads make it out to be. Maybe all you really need is as solid, veteran UFA depth option as a 6th/7th dman (Would depend on how Liljegren looks in the fall, or if the Leafs want him to play some more big minutes in the minors).

Honestly after this year they need to trade 1 major piece to improve their overall team. And it shouldn’t be Nylander. Even I have kicked Nylander around like a soccer ball but he’s been stellar this year. Arguably the leafs best player; we especially noticed that this last leafs road trip.

I’m be interested to talk with yourself and other leafs fans (as there’s not much talk with the sharks that’s fun).
@SammyT_51 @Jamiepo @Jack_

I personally believe you gotta move a core piece but not for parts. For a core piece back. Matthews and Nylander should stay imo; marner although just really touchy subject a maybe, Tavares is a no because C but also I think he’s been really ofF this year.

Nylander is the likely the odd man out even tho he should be kept.

Values are so varying because we say Nylander many fans of other teams may still think of last years Nylander and so NO NOT EVEN CLOSE blah blah; but he is a top winger and out performed his peers this year. For example if I’m toronto I would believe Nylander could fetch a top pairing d man + a good prospect or a top 4 d and a nhl ready high talent. Like what would opinions of :

Nylander

For

Ryan Ellis
+???? (Good value added)
Lenny7 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 3:37 p.m.
torontos finest
@yikes

At this point Marner is the odd guy out. I imagine management is disappointed in his performance this season after essentially going all in on him. Ideally, you don't want to move any four of those guys, and I think that's the plan the Leafs are going to stick with, albeit stubbornly.
Lenny7 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Honestly after this year they need to trade 1 major piece to improve their overall team. And it shouldn’t be Nylander. Even I have kicked Nylander around like a soccer ball but he’s been stellar this year. Arguably the leafs best player; we especially noticed that this last leafs road trip.

I’m be interested to talk with yourself and other leafs fans (as there’s not much talk with the sharks that’s fun).
@SammyT_51 @Jamiepo @Jack_

I personally believe you gotta move a core piece but not for parts. For a core piece back. Matthews and Nylander should stay imo; marner although just really touchy subject a maybe, Tavares is a no because C but also I think he’s been really ofF this year.

Nylander is the likely the odd man out even tho he should be kept.

Values are so varying because we say Nylander many fans of other teams may still think of last years Nylander and so NO NOT EVEN CLOSE blah blah; but he is a top winger and out performed his peers this year. For example if I’m toronto I would believe Nylander could fetch a top pairing d man + a good prospect or a top 4 d and a nhl ready high talent. Like what would opinions of :

Nylander

For

Ryan Ellis
+???? (Good value added)

Personally, I would love to have Ellis. Realistically he will be 30 next season on a long contract heading down hill.

There are 7 players that will 100% be maple leafs next season-

Tavares
Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Rielly
muzzin
Andersen

There are other players that are about 95% sure-

Hyman
Mikheyev
sandin
Holl
Campbell

Then there is the players that may be moved-

Kappy (that would kill me inside, love the kid)
Johnsson
Kerfoot
Liljegren
Dermott
Gauthier
Engvall

I can’t see a large roster roll over like this season. It really kills team chemistry. There are certainly options available in trade or ufa to bolster the rhd position. I could see maybe two of the players in that last list being moved either for cap reason or as part of a trade for a top 4 rhd.
yikes and Lenny7 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: mondo
@yikes

At this point Marner is the odd guy out. I imagine management is disappointed in his performance this season after essentially going all in on him. Ideally, you don't want to move any four of those guys, and I think that's the plan the Leafs are going to stick with, albeit stubbornly.

Quoting: mondo
@yikes

I'd be very, very wary about trying to trade any of those 4 away. Firstly, because if it ever got out into the media, the last thing you'd need is any of those guys being P1ssed off...

I don't think the Leafs should be disappointed in Marner's production though...he's over a point per game player and there's not a lot of those out there. It's certainly a huge contract, but still, I think every team in the league would love to have him.

I could see a secondary piece like Johnsson, Kerfoot, or SKrappy being moved for a dman on an ELC (or cheap contract) or something along those lines, but I don't imagine there will be any huge, earth shattering moves this summer.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Jamiepo
Personally, I would love to have Ellis. Realistically he will be 30 next season on a long contract heading down hill.

There are 7 players that will 100% be maple leafs next season-

Tavares
Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Rielly
muzzin
Andersen

There are other players that are about 95% sure-

Hyman
Mikheyev
sandin
Holl
Campbell

Then there is the players that may be moved-

Kappy (that would kill me inside, love the kid)
Johnsson
Kerfoot
Liljegren
Dermott
Gauthier
Engvall

I can’t see a large roster roll over like this season. It really kills team chemistry. There are certainly options available in trade or ufa to bolster the rhd position. I could see maybe two of the players in that last list being moved either for cap reason or as part of a trade for a top 4 rhd.

IMO you're better off keeping Liljegren and letting him develop. He doesn't look out of place right now...give him a solid off season plan, and see how he comes back next fall.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 4:01 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
IMO you're better off keeping Liljegren and letting him develop. He doesn't look out of place right now...give him a solid off season plan, and see how he comes back next fall.

I agree completely. With Holl and liljegren you really only need one rhd. Top pairing guy would be nice. It could really just be as simple as:

Rielly-Holl
Muzzin-Dermott
Sandin-liljegren

Dermott is highly undervalued by most people. Plays a pretty solid 2 way game. Has been playing top lhd for some of our best defensive games. (He also plays the right side very efficiently)
yikes liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 4:01 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

I agree completely. With Holl and liljegren you really only need one rhd. Top pairing guy would be nice. It could really just be as simple as:

Rielly-Holl
Muzzin-Dermott
Sandin-liljegren

Dermott is highly undervalued by most people. Plays a pretty solid 2 way game. Has been playing top lhd for some of our best defensive games. (He also plays the right side very efficiently)
Lenny7 liked this.
Mar. 10, 2020 at 4:11 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Jamiepo

Rielly-Holl
Muzzin-Dermott
Sandin-liljegren

Agreed on Dermott. I get that he hasn't been *great* this year, but he's young and some people don't bounce back from injuries as quickly, or as well as others. Give him the off season and see what you've got! Your guys fan base is so big that they'll always find someone that they decide to sour on.

I wonder if you should put Liljegren with Muzzin though...He's by far your best defensive dman, and he could help mitigate some of the mistakes that Liljegren will most likely make next year...could also help spread the minutes out a bit to reduce the wear and tare on Muzzin and Rielly.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll