SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

NBA is cancelled, will the NHL too?

Mar. 12, 2020 at 12:06 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: SlickWilly
the reason the NBA suspended the season is because a player has it and they dont want to risk spreading it further than it already has been. Unless an NHL player has it i dont see them cancelling quite yet...

Unfortunately, that NBA guy played in 3 rinks/arenas/dressing rooms etc. shared by the NHL/AHL. So the league may already be infected and they'll likely follow suit today/tmrw?
SlickWilly liked this.
Mar. 12, 2020 at 1:28 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
It's a sad state of affairs when a sports league takes the coronavirus more seriously than the president of the country.

well its not even a big deal so imo bettman is the one with the wrong reaction
Mar. 12, 2020 at 1:45 p.m.
yes, they will
Mar. 12, 2020 at 2:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Nipps_4
The US has proved completely incapable of responding to the on-going threat to public health, most teams are in the US, it would only make sense if they do.

the "political" people on here are so smart ....*eyeroll.
I mean you know, EVERY country in the world is having the same problem but you know.... politics because they are deranged.
I'm in europe. The US has handled it far better than any European country has. I wish Europe would have closed borders. They did not, and it spread everywhere.
Companies move faster than government. My company shut down my travel well before anyone shut down airline travel in any country.

People over here worrying about test kits. It does not matter. If you feel sick stay home. Only people who need tested are those over 60 or people having some sort of immune system deficiency related issues.

There aren't 300 million kits for population in america, much like there are 700 million kits for population of europe. You political people must be smarter than this. Your just filled with hate and anger.

Not one country has enough test kids. Same thing being said in every country. Every one. China didn't have enough kits, South Korea didn't have enough kits. No one does.
Not to mention the kits don't work. People test negative....then test positive. CDC and WHO has said they are not reliable. If you paid attention you would know that.

Truth is most young people should not worry too much about this. Only if you come into contract with older people. Then you should just stay away from them anyway. It's best to avoid possibly spreading it to them. But people under 50 have a 99.7% survival rate most having only very mild symptoms.
It's a total waste to test them all.
Mar. 12, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
Quoting: Jesus
I really really hope not

to bad
Mar. 13, 2020 at 5:49 a.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Thats sounds like some hella CBC fake news

Especially considering that the PM's wife has been diagnosed with coronavirus. I'd say the US has done an incredible job of containment. Not as well with the testing so far.
May 29, 2020 at 6:45 p.m.
100,000 + dead, changed your mind yet?
I think we'll live
May 29, 2020 at 6:50 p.m.
Now that the CDC has posted 1.7 + Million positive tests. Is that enough?

Is 100,000 + dead enough to get your attention?

Lol
The CDC website recorded 8, count it 8 tests for coronavirus. What's the US population again? Yeah I'm definitely done with this now.

Que the clown nusic regarding a coronavirus strategy for the US lol
oneX liked this.
May 29, 2020 at 8:39 p.m.
100,000 + dead, changed your mind yet?

I mean I am alive am I not? I think the reason our death toll is so high is because we have a higher population than most countries and have more test kits available. I have difficulty believing we have more deaths than China and India, I just think we have more test kits.
May 30, 2020 at 12:07 a.m.
US has 4.25% of the world’s total population.
US has had 28.5% of the total death attributed to COVID.

If you don’t trust the numbers from China or India... ok, fine.

US has 10 x the population of Canada. Similar demographics & cultures. Canadians have a longer life expectancy, but that should work against them (more old people) for COVID.

Now assuming that the two countries would have similar expose rates, Canada’s deaths attributed to COVID should be 10% of the US’s.

The US has 100,000 deaths. Canada has had 7,000.
Has Canada under reported by 30%. Or, has the US (the riches & most powerful country on the plant, just ask them) been shockingly terrible at managing this pandemic?

I mean I am alive am I not? I think the reason our death toll is so high is because we have a higher population than most countries and have more test kits available. I have difficulty believing we have more deaths than China and India, I just think we have more test kits.
May 30, 2020 at 12:54 a.m.
US has 4.25% of the world’s total population.
US has had 28.5% of the total death attributed to COVID.

If you don’t trust the numbers from China or India... ok, fine.

US has 10 x the population of Canada. Similar demographics & cultures. Canadians have a longer life expectancy, but that should work against them (more old people) for COVID.

Now assuming that the two countries would have similar expose rates, Canada’s deaths attributed to COVID should be 10% of the US’s.

The US has 100,000 deaths. Canada has had 7,000.
Has Canada under reported by 30%. Or, has the US (the riches & most powerful country on the plant, just ask them) been shockingly terrible at managing this pandemic?

10 percent of 100,000 deaths would be 10,000 and the death toll for Canada is 7,000. Taking into account the fact that Canada is a much bigger country (landmass) with a much lower population density (Canada averages 10 people per square mile whereas the US is 87) that isn't off by all that much. Also the Canadians have universal healthcare which they can provide to their people since they're a resource-rich country with only like 30 million people to take care of. Obviously the way to stop the virus is to either quarantine everyone until they get a vaccine or get herd immunity and its looking like the latter is the more likely option since we can't continue the shut down of the economy for the whole summer because people will starve to death and to be honest most people in this country are drugged up maniacs who shouldn't be put in extended isolation. Overall I don't think the US has done a bad job, if I lived in New York I'd probably have a different opinion but I don't think we've had it any better or worse than anywhere else. On the bright side we're gonna have some massive race riots this weekend which essentially means we're back to how things were before the pandemic started.
May 30, 2020 at 2:58 a.m.
10 percent of 100,000 deaths would be 10,000 and the death toll for Canada is 7,000. Taking into account the fact that Canada is a much bigger country (landmass) with a much lower population density (Canada averages 10 people per square mile whereas the US is 87) that isn't off by all that much. Also the Canadians have universal healthcare which they can provide to their people since they're a resource-rich country with only like 30 million people to take care of. Obviously the way to stop the virus is to either quarantine everyone until they get a vaccine or get herd immunity and its looking like the latter is the more likely option since we can't continue the shut down of the economy for the whole summer because people will starve to death and to be honest most people in this country are drugged up maniacs who shouldn't be put in extended isolation. Overall I don't think the US has done a bad job, if I lived in New York I'd probably have a different opinion but I don't think we've had it any better or worse than anywhere else. On the bright side we're gonna have some massive race riots this weekend which essentially means we're back to how things were before the pandemic started.

His point I think is that the US needed (should have been) better prepared than the country really was. This is a time to put politics aside do everything to prevent the spread of this virus but certain politicians are more concerned with the party line instead of spending the time to combat the virus.

Smh...
May 30, 2020 at 12:32 p.m.
Edited May 30, 2020 at 12:39 p.m.
His point I think is that the US needed (should have been) better prepared than the country really was. This is a time to put politics aside do everything to prevent the spread of this virus but certain politicians are more concerned with the party line instead of spending the time to combat the virus.

Smh...

I can agree with that but I don't think we were substantially more unprepared than other countries. Italy, Spain, the UK, and France all got hit pretty hard too. I do agree we could've handled it better but I think with this situation there wasn't really an easy option, every decision we could've made would have consequences. The reason why China was able to stop it initially was because they are a communist government that can tell their people to do anything they want and we can't do that. I think the party divide on this also has something to do with the demographics if the country. Republicans typically live in rural areas which haven't been hit too hard thus leading to most of them saying the virus isn't that bad and the lockdown should be lifted, whereas most democrats live in cities which have been hit hard leading to them saying we should keep the lockdown.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll