RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
RD
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
LD
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
RW, C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 12, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
That doesnt get you johnsson. I also dont see the reason for them to get Allen, there are better options out there imo. The depth on this team isnt great and it's got a ton of wasted cap space, having 6 mil in cap space is extremely stupid
Mar. 12, 2020 at 7:13 p.m.
Quoting: Jack_
That doesnt get you johnsson. I also dont see the reason for them to get Allen, there are better options out there imo. The depth on this team isnt great and it's got a ton of wasted cap space, having 6 mil in cap space is extremely stupid

Allen has a pretty solid season and I don't think Khudobin or Halak would sign in Buffalo. Having some cap space left over tends to be beneficial.
Skyraider112 liked this.
Mar. 12, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.
Sabres are elite

You right, that gets us Johnsson+
GenXHockey liked this.
Mar. 12, 2020 at 7:39 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
If you could attract Haula, he would be a good stopgap #2C until either Cozens or Mittelstadt is ready to take over that slot. Your top 5 first unit (Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart; Dahlin-Jokiharju) is good enough to play with anyone, and with Johnson and Samuelsson coming up behind McCabe and Pilut, the left side of your defense is pretty well set for the foreseeable future. You should get a first-class forward with your first pick in June (maybe Raymond or Holtz even if you don't win one of the lotteries) and there's enough depth in this draft that your second may make an impact, too. You're right to focus on the goaltending. I still think that Botterill should move heaven and earth to get another second this June.
Lights liked this.
Mar. 12, 2020 at 8:41 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: Skyraider112

Ooof a fringe 3rd pairing defenseman for a top 6 winger. That is an extremely hot take. I would like to counter with ceci for kahun because that seems to be fair
Mar. 12, 2020 at 10:38 p.m.
Ooof a fringe 3rd pairing defenseman for a top 6 winger. That is an extremely hot take. I would like to counter with ceci for kahun because that seems to be fair

Since when is a .5 ppg player on an offensive juggernaut a top 6 winger? Not even taking into account how you feel about Montour, everyone can value anyone however, but what justification does Johnsson get that classification at 25 years old and 120 gp.
Mar. 12, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Skyraider112

Just swinging by to apologize for leafs fans... I’m sorry...
Mar. 12, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Edited Mar. 12, 2020 at 11:06 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo

You should check out Montour's stats first
Mar. 12, 2020 at 11:06 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: Lsendel3
Since when is a .5 ppg player on an offensive juggernaut a top 6 winger? Not even taking into account how you feel about Montour, everyone can value anyone however, but what justification does Johnsson get that classification at 25 years old and 120 gp.

A player capable of putting up 50 points who plays in all situations and is a possession monster should be a top 6 winger. Hes more of a complimentary player but bes still good. I 100% agree with what you're saying if you include this season but it's been a waste of a season for him, he hasn't been healthy yet. If you dont count this season hes got 46 points in 82 games.
Mar. 13, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
A player capable of putting up 50 points who plays in all situations and is a possession monster should be a top 6 winger. Hes more of a complimentary player but bes still good. I 100% agree with what you're saying if you include this season but it's been a waste of a season for him, he hasn't been healthy yet. If you dont count this season hes got 46 points in 82 games.

And one statistical season where he got 46 points again playing on the offensive juggernaut Maple Leafs isn't exactly spectacular. This season he's still scoring at the same clip as last year. The issue is, I'd agree with you if he wasn't 25 about to be 26. Not that it's a bad thing, or he's a bad player. It's there's not that much of a sample size to suggest that he'd be more then what he is on the TML now, which is a good/decent top 9/third line winger that can play 2nd line in a pinch. I need to see more then a rookie season of 46 points at 24 to call him a legit top 6 winger. If you disagree that's fine, but your argument of calling Montour a fringe third pairing d-man while calling him a 2nd line winger is... just not great and reeks of homerism.
Jack_ liked this.
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:05 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

All situations? Except last 2 minutes, PK and PP1....

Don’t get me wrong Johnsson is a good player. Skilled and tenacious. Does buffalo need a top 6 LW? No... buffalo gave up two firsts for montour (guhle + 1st). I think Toronto would need to add a bit maybe a 2nd or 3rd just to make the value close, in terms of team needs this doesn’t fit what buffalo needs 2C and top 6 RHW. Montour is the type of two way guy that would fit well in the leafs system. His advanced stats don’t tell the whole story.

Rielly-Holl
Muzzin-montour
Sandin-Dermott
Marincin-Liljegren
Rosen

Would give us a stable D core for next season.
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:13 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
All situations? Except last 2 minutes, PK and PP1....

Don’t get me wrong Johnsson is a good player. Skilled and tenacious. Does buffalo need a top 6 LW? No... buffalo gave up two firsts for montour (guhle + 1st). I think Toronto would need to add a bit maybe a 2nd or 3rd just to make the value close, in terms of team needs this doesn’t fit what buffalo needs 2C and top 6 RHW. Montour is the type of two way guy that would fit well in the leafs system. His advanced stats don’t tell the whole story.

Rielly-Holl
Muzzin-montour
Sandin-Dermott
Marincin-Liljegren
Rosen

Would give us a stable D core for next season.

He isnt good defensively or offensively though. Hes been extremely lucky and the only thing hes good at is his transition play, even those numbers arent earth shattering. You kind of have to look at his advanced stats because that's the beat way to evaluate players, everyone's eyes lie and evaluating someone based off their talent is also not a good idea. Galchenyuk is very talented but not an nhl player. You can evaluate prospects based off talent but an nhl player whose never had good nhl numbers and isnt going to get any better shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt.

Johnsson was a very good pk'er in the AHL, hes just never been given a chance because of how many the leafs have, hes also a good netfront/slot guy on the pp but hes not better then JT, Kadri or Nylander who take up those spots
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:22 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
And one statistical season where he got 46 points again playing on the offensive juggernaut Maple Leafs isn't exactly spectacular. This season he's still scoring at the same clip as last year. The issue is, I'd agree with you if he wasn't 25 about to be 26. Not that it's a bad thing, or he's a bad player. It's there's not that much of a sample size to suggest that he'd be more then what he is on the TML now, which is a good/decent top 9/third line winger that can play 2nd line in a pinch. I need to see more then a rookie season of 46 points at 24 to call him a legit top 6 winger. If you disagree that's fine, but your argument of calling Montour a fringe third pairing d-man while calling him a 2nd line winger is... just not great and reeks of homerism.

Johnsson is a low end 1lw or a high end 2lw. But you have oloffsson, skinner and a few failed Centre prospects to fill in for injuries. Certainly not a pressing issue like 2c and 2rw.
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:26 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
He isnt good defensively or offensively though. Hes been extremely lucky and the only thing hes good at is his transition play, even those numbers arent earth shattering. You kind of have to look at his advanced stats because that's the beat way to evaluate players, everyone's eyes lie and evaluating someone based off their talent is also not a good idea. Galchenyuk is very talented but not an nhl player. You can evaluate prospects based off talent but an nhl player whose never had good nhl numbers and isnt going to get any better shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt.

Johnsson was a very good pk'er in the AHL, hes just never been given a chance because of how many the leafs have, hes also a good netfront/slot guy on the pp but hes not better then JT, Kadri or Nylander who take up those spots

Montour is good offensively and defensively... just not great at either. Which is what Toronto needs. Sure they would love to have someone great both ways but that costs.
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:26 p.m.
Kings v5 GM

He definitely wont ever be a true play driver in the top 6 but if he were to be with good players like eichel, reinhart, MoJo, Skinner or olofsson he would make them better. Hes skilled enough that defenders have to watch him and that opens up ice for his linemates.
Looking purely at his point totals he isnt a top 6 forward but but most of his points are at 5v5. He didnt get a whole lot of PP time and when he did it was on PP2: that unit was pretty much nylander setting up Gardiner and Ennis so it was destined to fail. Hes a talented net front guy who could easily take Ristos spot on the pp and put up an extra 15-20 points that he wouldn't be getting in TO. Now your looking at him going from ~45 points all the way to ~60 points. His trade value has gone down because hes had some significant injuries but I'm not a fan of montour
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:31 p.m.
Johnsson is a low end 1lw or a high end 2lw. But you have oloffsson, skinner and a few failed Centre prospects to fill in for injuries. Certainly not a pressing issue like 2c and 2rw.

IMO, which doesn't mean much, he may have the makings of that, but isn't there yet, and because of age has to progress much quicker then a normal prospect. Can it be done? Absolutely. Is he there now? I guess I don't see it. I called him a middle 6er essentially, Don't really think we're talking too far off, but disagree slightly.
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
He definitely wont ever be a true play driver in the top 6 but if he were to be with good players like eichel, reinhart, MoJo, Skinner or olofsson he would make them better. Hes skilled enough that defenders have to watch him and that opens up ice for his linemates.
Looking purely at his point totals he isnt a top 6 forward but but most of his points are at 5v5. He didnt get a whole lot of PP time and when he did it was on PP2: that unit was pretty much nylander setting up Gardiner and Ennis so it was destined to fail. Hes a talented net front guy who could easily take Ristos spot on the pp and put up an extra 15-20 points that he wouldn't be getting in TO. Now your looking at him going from ~45 points all the way to ~60 points. His trade value has gone down because hes had some significant injuries but I'm not a fan of montour

I see him as a good middle six floater. Can he play on line two and not look outta place? Absolutely. If you're a contender, you prolly want him on line three. Probably even be the best player on that third line. So it's not really a knock on him, just how I see it. Like I said in the other post, he can take the next step into bonefide top 6 for sure, but needs to rebound off this not so great year for sure.
Jack_ liked this.
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
Sabres are elite

Accepted. Wow leafs and sabres fans making amends, never thought it would happen on CF
Mar. 13, 2020 at 12:37 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Montour is good offensively and defensively... just not great at either. Which is what Toronto needs. Sure they would love to have someone great both ways but that costs.

His xG for and against arent good at all. His GAR is so much higher then his xGAR meaning hes been extremely lucky this season and hes also got a high PDO. At evolving hockey they show his as not good offensively or defensively with a bad penalty differential. Micah blake Mccurdy's model shows us that hes very bad on special teams (both PP and PK). I'm not basing it off of his trade value with Johnsson at this point, montour just isnt very good in general. Paying him more then 2.5 million is a big mistake and it looks like he will make around 5.

I'm sure he'd be an alright #4 to play beside muzzin but the leafs would be far better off if they were to add a pick and something else to johnsson and land Severson. Holl is just as good with muzzin and costs way less.

I'm trying and have been trying for a while to find something that montour is good at. Besides hes transition skill he has nothing imo. What do you see in him?
Mar. 13, 2020 at 1:42 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
His xG for and against arent good at all. His GAR is so much higher then his xGAR meaning hes been extremely lucky this season and hes also got a high PDO. At evolving hockey they show his as not good offensively or defensively with a bad penalty differential. Micah blake Mccurdy's model shows us that hes very bad on special teams (both PP and PK). I'm not basing it off of his trade value with Johnsson at this point, montour just isnt very good in general. Paying him more then 2.5 million is a big mistake and it looks like he will make around 5.

I'm sure he'd be an alright #4 to play beside muzzin but the leafs would be far better off if they were to add a pick and something else to johnsson and land Severson. Holl is just as good with muzzin and costs way less.

I'm trying and have been trying for a while to find something that montour is good at. Besides hes transition skill he has nothing imo. What do you see in him?

I agree about severson. Would take him over montour but it’s not as simple as here take this and give us severson. Would want a Dman going back. I think I package involving Dermott and Johnsson could maybe be worked out.
Jack_ liked this.
Mar. 13, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
I agree about severson. Would take him over montour but it’s not as simple as here take this and give us severson. Would want a Dman going back. I think I package involving Dermott and Johnsson could maybe be worked out.

I would do that without thinking about it. Unless they plan on trading rielly (which I still think is a good idea) the left side is too deep. Rielly-Severson, Muzzin-Holl and sandin-liljegren is fantastic.
GenXHockey liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll